Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Lily Leopold - Intestinal Blockage

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

Vicky T - IMOM

Vicky T - IMOM

Advanced Member

• IMOM Committee Volunteer
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
Diagnosis: Intestinal Blockage
Treatment required: Exploratory Surgery
Low end of estimate: $1530
Less applicant contribution: $150
Less IMOM Pledge: $500
Needed for low end of estimate: $880
4% for IMOM operating expenses: $35.20
Fundraising goal: $915.20
Spayed: Yes
Caseworker: Kyle/Vicky T

All funds have been donated!  Thanks to all who helped Posted Image

Lily is a 5 year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.  She has an intestinal blockage that she has been dealing with for 5 days now.  Her Mom has spent her last $500 on treatment to try and help, with fluids and medications.  Her Mom does not have the necessary funds for surgery, so she has come to the IMOM angels for help saving her Lily.   Lily is in risk of losing her life if she cannot get this blockage taken care of by surgery today.  Lily's regular vet cannot perform the surgery until Thursday, so Lily is at an emergency vet.  The emergency vet will not take a simple pledge of a partial amount, IMOM has already tried.  We really do need to raise this full amount, and very, very, quickly.

Donations of any size can be made at our Donations page, please mark your gift "Lily Leopold" or if you prefer our PayPal address is paypal@imom.org

This little girl is very sick, and still young, with plenty of years of great, loving family time left!  Please help Lily get the life saving surgery she needs.  We have very little time and this is a lot to raise quickly, no donation is too small. If you can't donate, you can still help by sharing Lily's forum page through social networking.

Thank you,

Kyle/Vicky T

Attached Files

Edited by Jacki IMOM, 24 July 2012 - 08:01 AM.

Vicky T
IMOM Volunteer

LMVERES

LMVERES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Please help us.......I am Lily's mom.   My daughters and I are sick at the thought of losing Lily at all, let alone for financial hardship.  She is the sweetest little girl and it is so sad to see her this way.  The hospital will not help us in any way to make arrangements.  The have even declined IMOM's attemp to help.  

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE......If you have ever had a little one who is suffering, you know what we are going through.  She does not deserve to die because of my financial hardships.

Sincerely,

Lily's Mommy

LMVERES

LMVERES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
We are on pins and needles waiting.  It is just not the same here without her.  My other dogs know there is something wrong and bark at her empty house.  My other Cavalier, Charlie, is her best friend.  They eat together each morning and run arround in the yard at the start of each day.  He seems so lost in the morning waiting and wondering where she is. This is so sad for everyone involved including our other animal family members.  

I spoke with the hospital and they said she is vomiting now.   She is still on IV fluids but has not eaten or pooped since Thursday.  Time is truly of the essence.  I don't know what else I can do for her.

LMVERES

LMVERES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
My little girls are so sad without their Lily.  They have never experienced the loss of a pet.  They look at me with their fearful eyes as if to say Mommy please do something.  It is a horrible feeling to have your hands tied.  I feel like everyone is counting on me and I am so scared of letting them down......but mostly Lily.  The picture listed was taken at the hospital the day we brought her in.  She is so depressed.

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
calling all ANGELS.....this is such an emergency, and did you see the face on this beauty...oh my goodness-please help her,let them know they are not alone.We need to help this gal!:pp_animal_556: :pp_animal_556: :pp_animal_556:

LMVERES

LMVERES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
We sure do need any and all angels out there.  You are our last hope.  She really is a beauty inside and out.

LMVERES

LMVERES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Our regular vet can't do the surgey until Thursday and he is considerably less expensive than the emergency hospital.  She will not make it until Thursday I am afraid.  The hospital will not help us at all.

PLEASE ANGELS......HEAR THIS PRAYER

Sheila AK

Sheila AK

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 748 posts
Hope this little girl makes it!  Angels come in all shapes and sizes! Let's all get our wings out and see if we can help this little girl!  There are no "small" donations, just big hearts!  Let's give Lily and her family the miracle they need!:catwatching:

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,222 posts
IMOM has pledged $500 from our emergency funds.  You all know we would do more if we could.  Now we are depending on our IMOM Angels to help this sweet girl.

Click here to make a donation. And don't ever think your donation is not enough to make a difference!

Please share Lily's plea on your FaceBook page and any other social media.
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

LMVERES

LMVERES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Thank you to anyone out there who is even considering helping us.  Every little bit helps.

Christina W

Christina W

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 104 posts
Come on Angels!  This lil one needs our help!   Remember every lil amount helps!

Vicky T - IMOM

Vicky T - IMOM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
Hello Angels -

Lily's Mom is on her way home, and is posting mobile, so we are going to post this picture for her until she gets back to a regular computer so she can begin to post images.

Please consider a donation for Lily, she has a wonderful loving family.  Please help her.

Vicky T

Attached Files

Vicky T
IMOM Volunteer

Sue W.

Sue W.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 467 posts
My dogs and I have made a donation, and I will post on Facebook too.  Let's get this money raised!!:pp_animal_568:

LMVERES

LMVERES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Thank you so much! You have touched our hearts.  We are forever grateful.

Sheldonrs

Sheldonrs
  • Members
  • 1 posts
I gave what i could.  I hope it helps.

LMVERES

LMVERES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Thank you so so much.....every bit helps.   You have done a wonderful thing for an amazing little girl. God bless you.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
SPREAD THE WORD!!!

Everyone with a facebook page, link Lily's IMOM thread to it and ask everyone you know to SHARE...

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Please, keep up the GREAT JOB of posting...it shows everyone how hard you are working and how much you care...

Did you apply to

Red Rover (formerly United Animal Nation)

you have all your paper work...do an Internet search and there is a link for financial aid there...get it sent in, they are usually really good about responding quickly.....

GOOD LUCK...the more help the better.....Lily is SO cute.....

Vicky T - IMOM

Vicky T - IMOM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
Thank you angels, the magic is beginning to stir here.

Lily's Mom has sent us another picture of Lily.

Please, any donation matters at this point to save Lily's life.

Vicky T

Attached Files

Vicky T
IMOM Volunteer

LMVERES

LMVERES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

View PostJudy, on 23 July 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

SPREAD THE WORD!!!

Everyone with a facebook page, link Lily's IMOM thread to it and ask everyone you know to SHARE...

WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Please, keep up the GREAT JOB of posting...it shows everyone how hard you are working and how much you care...

Did you apply to

Red Rover (formerly United Animal Nation)

you have all your paper work...do an Internet search and there is a link for financial aid there...get it sent in, they are usually really good about responding quickly.....

GOOD LUCK...the more help the better.....Lily is SO cute.....

Thank you......I have not heard of Red Rover but I will certainly look into it.  I appreciate your help.

DabcoJazWhif

DabcoJazWhif

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 158 posts
$10 sent.  Fingers crossed.
--"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats"
--AS

LMVERES

LMVERES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

View PostDabcoJazWhif, on 23 July 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

$10 sent.  Fingers crossed.

Thank you so much.....I appreciate your help

Julie Renee

Julie Renee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
what an adorable little girl!  Donation of $25 sent!

LMVERES

LMVERES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

View PostJulie Renee, on 23 July 2012 - 05:05 PM, said:

what an adorable little girl!  Donation of $25 sent!

Thank you....you are helping to answer our prayers......God bless you

We are hopeful that our little girl will come home to us.

LMVERES

LMVERES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Please don't think twice about donating.......time is ticking and Lily needs all of you.  My family and I are grateful for any and all assistance.

LMVERES

LMVERES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
We are trying not to lose hope......but as time goes by our hearts get heavy.  Please help us.  Lily is too sweet, too adorable and too loved to let die.

Christina W

Christina W

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 104 posts
Come one IMom'ers  Lily needs our help! We can do this!

Bina and Peda

Bina and Peda

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 162 posts
Donation made for little Lily and shared her story on Facebook.

LMVERES

LMVERES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

View PostBina and Peda, on 23 July 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

Donation made for little Lily and shared her story on Facebook.

You are a true angel......thank you

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Tell us some stories about your girl...we can see how sweet she is and she has a beautiful name...

I love the name Lily.....I always wanted to name one of my animals Lily...but with the last name of Leathers it just didn't seem to fit.....

You hang in there...be strong...I know it's hard to do when you are stressed and worried.....but Lily needs you to be there for her, and I know you can....we are all here to help.....it's a tough thing to do but you're doing a great job.....

LMVERES

LMVERES

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

View PostJudy, on 23 July 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

Tell us some stories about your girl...we can see how sweet she is and she has a beautiful name...

I love the name Lily.....I always wanted to name one of my animals Lily...but with the last name of Leathers it just didn't seem to fit.....

You hang in there...be strong...I know it's hard to do when you are stressed and worried.....but Lily needs you to be there for her, and I know you can....we are all here to help.....it's a tough thing to do but you're doing a great job.....

It is very tough......but I have been through a lot and I manage to get through.....my husband passed away unexpectedly last year and things have been rough.  But I have to be strong for my girls......and now for Lily.

She is so sweet.  She really is just a little angel herself.  She is frisky and loves to follow us around everywhere.  She is very happy to just sit beside you and hang out and be petted.  She loves her house too.  It was her little refuge when she started not to feel well.  She would just go in and lay down.  Oh and she will do anything for a "cookie" ie a treat.  That is the magic word.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users