Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Hunney: Golden with Heartworm

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Kyle imom

Kyle imom

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 385 posts
Diagnosis: Heartworm
Low end of estimate:  $470.69
Less contribution from another charity:   -$200                            
Needed for low end of estimate: $270.69
4% of $270.69 for IMOM operating expenses = $10.82
Our fund raising goal is $281.51
Spayed or neutered: Yes
Caseworker: Kyle

Posted Image

Hunney is a four year old Golden Retriever with heartworm. She needs treatment for this right away. Her vet is in obtaining the medicine she needs, and we need to act quickly.

Her person writes:

Hunney is the only girl I have. She is the love of my life. She is well behaved and possesses such amazing qualities. She will sit outside with me and not even run away. She is part of my family and truly helps my boys and I smile each and everyday. She is only 4 but the best dog in the world!

To make a donation for this pet, please click here and mark your gift, “GF - Hunney Lavoie.”

IMOM’s email address for direct Paypal donations is paypal@imom.org. Be sure to let us know who your donation is for.

Please cross-post, share on Facebook, Tweet, etc., to help us get the word out about this pet in need.

Note: Fund updates will be provided in this forum, as time permits.

Thank you very much.

Edited by Kyle imom, 02 May 2012 - 04:50 PM.

Posted Image

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
I am THRILLED to see Hunney up for fund raising...I know her Momma is going to find her fund raising thread soon...but she has posted a lot already on the Introduction page....

This little girl is special already to many who have been following her story.....

rn1999ma

rn1999ma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Hunney and I are hopefully she can begin this treatment as soon as next week because the vet called today to inform us that her treatment is recieved we r just waiting to get funding ...hunney not only is my only girl but helps my six yr old who has a degenerative eye condition she is the perfect dog because of the home to help him navigate without the sense of vision. It has been a tough day as I learned his vision is decreasing but I feel incredibly blessed because of imoms help w saving our one and only girl hunney bunny!

rn1999ma

rn1999ma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Meant bond w Isaac !

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
YAY...you found Hunney's page...

Are you on Facebook or Twitter?

I will post on IMOM's page for you on Facebook...I don't know a thing about Twitter but there are folks out there that do...

Now...you wrote some wonderful things on Hunney's Introduction page...tell the IMOM angels some things about your girl and how special she is...

The angels are always reading...they don't always post but the sure do read alot...GOOD LUCK....this is such a doable amount folks...let's get this girl well again...the vet has her meds...all we need is a little help from our friends...

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,224 posts
Hunney's case is one that we ordinarily wouldn't have to ask your help with but our general funds are extremely low. Please make a donation to help this sweet girl.

Click here
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
lets help this gal...sure is a beauty!!!!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
I am always a party pooper and I'm off to read before turning in early....I sure hope that when I get up (before the crack of dawn) I see a wonderful bunch of posts for this sweet girl...

Did you read that Hunney has a little brother that has a vision problem?  We need to get her well so she can help take care of him.....

rn1999ma

rn1999ma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Wish I knew how to post a pic of my family for yall to see. Thanks Judy I don't know bout Twitter either. Hunney is special because she is my boys second mother she sticks close to my youngest who has struggled medically and daily to achieve simple goals we all take for granted. She was rescued by me 3.5yrs ago from a guy who prided that he beat her. The boys and i scrapped our change and bought her vowing to save her. I promised honestly not to get to close to her bc my last love a cocker spaniel was hit 10 yrs ago. However, this was not the case she is hard not to love. She listens amazing and is so loyal to my boys and I .  I am fraud cuz she developed a cough a few weeks ago. The vet gave her antibiotics and steroids for which she has completed. However, she still has spells especially at night. I have always been the one too help and this time am the one in need. I see there are amazing people out there and yall have made me cry just with your Passion so thanks for your support xoxoxoxoxo Christine, hunney and boyz

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts

View PostJacki IMOM, on 02 May 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

Hunney's case is one that we ordinarily wouldn't have to ask your help with but our general funds are extremely low. Please make a donation to help this sweet girl.

Click here
$281.51 on the way from Foru , and the Bridge kids Brigade!
Thank you so much Jacki , from the bottom of my heart for saving my little monkey and
giving him the chance he needed , and for  giving me the most "Magic al" memories
which I will treasure for the rest of my days !
Every day, every moment, was a gift and if it were not for Magic and your special bond I would have lost my Monkey back in December.
He truly lived his life , and enjoyed every day as though it was his last!
God Bless you, and all you do and give on a daily basis!
My monkey and I will never forget what you have done for us, and all the days we were able to spend together because of you , and Magic!

Dawn

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
Donation sent from "Foru, and his Bridge Kid Buddies".

Our thoughts , and prayers are with Hunney and her family for a quick, full, and speedy recovery!

Mandi & Sophi

Mandi & Sophi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
Oh my goodness! I hope you get it handled in time! How did she get it?

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
Dawn,

You are amazing.  Foru must be very, very proud of his mom. :)

Judy G.

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 866 posts
Dawn, that is AWESOME!

Hunneys Mom - be sure to talk to your vet about keeping Hunney on the monthly preventative after her treatment. It's very important, so she doesn't get heartworms again.  Also talk to your vet about Hunney needing to be kept quiet for about a month after her treatment - that is very important too.

Give Hunney a hug from her friends at IMOM (and an extra big one from Dawn for being her Angel!) and let her know she'll be fixed up soon.  

Vicky M

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Have the funds been raised to get Hunney to All Funds Raised?

It looked as if Dawn, Foru's Momma donated what was needed last night...

If so, Hunney's Mom can get busy setting up treatment and checking out costs for the heartworm preventative with her vet.

I can't wait for this sweet girl to be well again...waiting for the dancing bananas!!!

rn1999ma

rn1999ma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Dawn, Omg thankyou, thankyou thankyou! My boys and I are so grateful words cannot express my thankfulness. As far as how she got it I had lost my job and forgot like two months of treatment. However, that will never happen again! I have already purchased a year supply of iverhart. The vet has discussed treatment with me and I know she has to be crated for the month after treatment. This is going to be hard as she sleeps w me yes she is my only girl. I know its best! I sent a pic of her w my boys so yall can see who u helped save. I have not heard from imom yet but vet does treatment Monday thru Thursday. I will email imom and see if I can arrange for her to go in tomorrow am. I will give it back when I get a job and get on my feet again promise :) to help another pin. From the bottom of my heart thanks and lots of outstretched paws and arms from the boys and I to all of u amazing people!

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

It's true, it's true   Hunney is at ALL FUNDS RAISED!!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

You did it again Angels!

Thank you so much to everyone who donated and shared Hunney's story.  Dawn, I am certain that Foru is smiling down on you, very proud of his mama.

Tammy-IMOM

rn1999ma

rn1999ma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Update hunney can begin treatment on Monday bc they don't do treatments on Friday! So excited and nervous at same time bout treatment :/. Last night my little guy and here were running down hallway and chasing each other back and fourth. Being way past his bedtime I could've have gotten upset but seeing the enjoyment the two of them were having it was impossible to get upset. It was a much needed smile for all of us. Thankyall for yr continued smiles for a lifetime :)))

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,887 posts
I told you the IMOM Angels. Cheerleaders, Bridge Kids and Magic would come through for you. Pretty soon Hunney will be all better.

Make sure you keep up with her treatments after so she doesn't have it happen again

Kathy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
I am SO HAPPY that Hunney is going to start her treatment on Monday.  I think you wrote somewhere that it's three injections, am I right?

I know it's going to be hard for her to be crated BUT it won't be long before she can run and play like she did before.

It's also going to be hard for your sons to understand BUT make sure that they know Hunney needs to sleep a lot and rest so she can play IN THE FUTURE...

Our dogs sleep with us so I know how hard it's going to be for you...but, you can put her crate in the bedroom so she can at least see you...and perhaps put a t shirt or nightshirt in the crate with her so she can get your scent...

YAY RAH...you have your heartworm meds already...BRAVO to you...Judy

rn1999ma

rn1999ma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Yes just because she is already showing signs the vet wants to give her 3 injections to ensure the heartworm dies! My forum got moved looking for it now pls continue to support us your support has been gr8!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Hunney has been moved to the

All Funds Raised

Thread...which is one step before HAPPY ENDINGS.....

If you have trouble finding it, I'll copy the link for you...

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Actually, here it is so you don't have to search.....

click on this and then look for Hunney

http://www.imom.org/...hp?showforum=15

Mandi & Sophi

Mandi & Sophi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
So glad to hear she is getting what she needs! And Don't be too hard on yourself about skipping some heart worm meds. While it is never a good idea, with the economy being what it is today, sometimes these things just get away from us and out of our control. Best wishes to you and your baby! I wish I'd known about organizations like IMOM 6 months ago when I had to put my mouser down because of liver disease. They truly are a miracle!

rn1999ma

rn1999ma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Ty maneuver it is hard but god gives us what we can handle then strangers help me save my girl it is truly a miricle and we r blessed. Thanks for words of encouragement!

rn1999ma

rn1999ma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Was supposed to say mandy Judy u have been great keep up the good work girl :) have a wonderful night !

TigresMeow

TigresMeow

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 668 posts
We have a place here (in Waco, TX) that offers not only low cost/free spaying and neutering, they also offer HW meds at a reduced price.  You might want to see if there is something like that in your area.

Also, I think they are offering a generic HW med now that can be filled at your local WalMart.  You might want to ask your vet about that.

I have 9 dogs in my crew and I know how expensive it can be for HW meds. It costs me roughly $65/month for mine but no matter what else is going on, I make sure they get their HW med.  Plus I also buy HW meds for someone I know that cannot afford it.  

I am so happy Hunney gets to start her treatment.  It is very important that she is kept quiet but in no time she will be back to her usual self.  The angels here at IMOM are simply amazing.  They prove time and time again that miracles can and do happen.
Kat n her K9 Crew
-Katie, Corree, Stormy, Dakota Rose, Maggie, Belle, Kiwi, Lola and Coco Puff
-and 3 special Sheltie Angels...Sable, Megan and Lacey Jane
-and 2 special Chihuahua Angels.....Callie (Chunky Monkey) and little Peanut and 1 special Pittie angel....Dixie Doo

Posted Image

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
Just checking in to see how Hunney is doing, and counting the days until she is back on the road to a full recovery!

Thoughts , and healing prayers are with you and your family!

With Love,
Dawn ( the Monkey's Mom).

rn1999ma

rn1999ma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Dawn, hunney is doing ok still has poor appetite and coughing spells at night. However today was beautiful and she played w the boys w the hose. She loves water and will jump at it ..its so fun to watchA the city loves me bc of my water usage increases during the summer for this reason :) looking forward but nervous to begin treatment on Monday for which they will keep her over night. So for now letting her run and play w kids and she is still so full of energy. Thanks angel dawn for making miricles happen we appreciate you luv :)

rn1999ma

rn1999ma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

View PostTigresMeow, on 04 May 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

We have a place here (in Waco, TX) that offers not only low cost/free spaying and neutering, they also offer HW meds at a reduced price.  You might want to see if there is something like that in your area.

Also, I think they are offering a generic HW med now that can be filled at your local WalMart.  You might want to ask your vet about that.

I have 9 dogs in my crew and I know how expensive it can be for HW meds. It costs me roughly $65/month for mine but no matter what else is going on, I make sure they get their HW med.  Plus I also buy HW meds for someone I know that cannot afford it.  

I am so happy Hunney gets to start her treatment.  It is very important that she is kept quiet but in no time she will be back to her usual self.  The angels here at IMOM are simply amazing.  They prove time and time again that miracles can and do happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users