Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

IMOM Saved Samson

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

samsons mom

samsons mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
My sweet puppy Samson was born with a diaphragmatic hernia, which in and of itself wasn't a life threatening issue.  However, being a 5 month old puppy he ate things he shouldn't have, including an electrical chord and a sock, which turned his hernia into a life threatening emergency.  Two weeks ago today, he started throwing up,  the next day he refused food after vomiting all day, and by Thursday morning I was being told I had to get him emergency surgery (at $3600) or have him put down.  I called my fiance Mike, and he took Samson to a different vet, who agreed to do the surgery for half the price we were originally quoted and gave us the info to contact IMOM.

Long story short, thanks to IMOM we were able to raise the funds for Samson's surgery in about 19 hours from the time his forum topic was posted to the time we were maxed out!!  If it weren't for the amazing people at IMOM, my sweet boy's life would have ended entirely too soon... but because of them, he is back to his old self (minus the eating of non-food items)!!

Thank you IMOM!! :)

samsons mom

samsons mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
PS - Tammy, your cheerful posts and constant encouragement throughout the process was AMAZING! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you did to help us out!

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
i love happy endings!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users