Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Samson Alderman

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts
Diagnosis: Diaphragmatic hernia with  entrapped intestines
Low end of estimate:  $1849
Less applicant contribution: -$649 ( Working on raising  additional outside funds)
Needed for low end of  estimate: $1200
4% for IMOM operating  expenses: $48
Fundraising goal:  $1248
Neutered: Will be done during surgery
Caseworker: Tammy

ALL FUNDS RAISED!!!

Samson is a 5 month old Chocolate Lab. He has a diaphragmatic hernia with  entrapped intestines. This means he has a tear in his diaphragm. Once a tear in the diaphragm is present, abdominal contents such as the  stomach, liver, and intestines are able to enter the chest cavity.

This has led to his intestines being entrapped, cutting off their blood supply. If left untreated, the intestines will die and lead to sepsis.

This is a very urgent situation and Samson MUST have surgery tomorrow. With this condition he cannot wait.

He is currently in the hospital being kept stable until tomorrow. Samson is just a baby and has his whole life ahead of him.

Let's give him the gift of surgery, so he can keep being a puppy and enjoying life.

If you can make a donation of ANY size, please visit our  Donations  page and mark your gift " Samson Alderman"
If you prefer, our Paypal address is  paypal@imom.org

Even if you cannot donate, you can still help but sharing Samson's forum page with all your friends and on your social networking websites.

Thank you all so very much for helping our Pets In Need.

Tammy-IMOM

Donations are counted manually as will be posted as we are able.

This is Samson

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
lets go guys!~ we can do this! SAMSON IS ONLY 5 MONTHS YOUNG  HE NEEDS THIS SURGERY!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,995 posts
Yay, Maryann is here...I just snuck on the Internet right before we turn the computer off for 5 days as we do work in the computer room...I will have a chance here and there to check into IMOM but I know that Maryann is gong to be here to help out...she is such a huge help to the new people on the forum!!!

Now...before I sign out Samsom's family...the most important thing you can do besides raising outsides funds is to POST, POST, POST and POST some more...make the IMOM angels fall in love and help this sweet baby.....

The people that come to the forum don't always write, but they sure do read.....so...tell them what you are doing to raise money...how Samson came to live with you...anything you can tell about this little guy....

GOOD LUCK!!! Judy

redneckgater

redneckgater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
hay yall first id like to thank everyone here at imom for all the help you guys have given me and my familey so far. everyone here has been is such a turmoil about Samson. so i would like to thank everyone here for the chance im geting to get my little guy the help he so despretly needs.

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
I AM HERE TO HELP..I WILL BE CHECKING IN PERIODICALLY TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE AT!

redneckgater

redneckgater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
i will give yall a little history on how i ended up getting Samson.

my fiancee Lisa has fibrocystic breast disease and just had surgery for cervical caner and is in a lot of pain  her doctor told her that she cant eat among other things chocolate( i know how you girls love your chocolate ) so  as any good man would do i decided to give her a lifetime supply of chocolate as it happnend a friend of mine dog had jsut had a litter. and i wanted one to give to lisa. so time went by and i get samson. of course he didnt have a name yet. so i went in to work very early in the am around 2 am and got pretty much everything done thankfully i had a slow day. i meet my friend and picked up Samson. and from that moment on i was in love with the little guy . i swear his feet where bigger than his head LOl if that can be possible. so i drove home with him sitting next to me him looking at me very very seriously trying to desided who i was. i mean here is this by guy just picking me up and taking me away from every thing he knew. how would you like it . so i was driving home it still dark out he hes decides to sneak up next to me and attack my ear with slobbery kisses. i recken that was his way so saying howdy  wel it worked LOL from then on on the hole 20 min drive home he was licking and chewing all over me, by th time i got close to my house i was littlery coverd in puppy slobber lol.

i pulled up next to the house where i waited for Lisa to leave to take the kids to school, i waited about 5 min before she left and pulled up to the house. get him inside and settled. anter he did some pelimanary exploring of his new home i herd Lisa pull into the driveway. i quickly ushered Samson into the bathroom and closed the door ran back to my chair and plopped down.

Lisa walks into the house surprised that im home so early normally i don't get home till almost dark but she was happy to see me non the less. she  started talking about something or other i dont rember what now. i do remember that i was seriously having to hold my big goofy grin in check. then it happened. ................... a wimnper..... Lisa stops listens and says what was that . i say it must hav ebeen princess our other dog a 5 year old plot hound laying on the kitchen floor.. lisa was almost about to sit down when he barked. i grinned from ear to ear Lisa turns to me with a puzzled look on her face  and goes exploring. bedroom... nothing...... hallway .... nothing...... then .... bathroom.   i hear a gasp .. a long drawn out AWWWWWWWW then giggles more giggles  and more giggles. i get up and walk into the hall  to see Lisa  on the floor Samson leaning down over her  giving her big slobbery wet kisses.............

she looks up at me  with a huge smile on her face  and i tell her well sweetpea. since you cant eat chocolate  anymore. i desided to get you a life time supply of nothing but slobbery wet chocolet puppy love insted.. she jsut startes laughing giggling and crying all at once. ( how do yall women do that anyhoo?

Edited by redneckgater, 19 April 2012 - 06:24 PM.

redneckgater

redneckgater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
thanks dmmwilke anything you can do is greatly appreciated.

View Postdmmwilke, on 19 April 2012 - 06:12 PM, said:

I AM HERE TO HELP..I WILL BE CHECKING IN PERIODICALLY TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE AT!

samsons mom

samsons mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Samson has been a god-send for me the last few months.  I have been fighting my own health issues, and he was right there, snuggled up with me all along the way.  Now, HE is the one who needs ME, and I don't want to let him down.  Every donation helps to get him the surgery he needs.  

I am attaching a picture i took on the way to a recent trip to the dog park.  My little snuggle bug can't even stand to be in the back seat and away from me... so he rides in the back seat with his paws on my shoulder.  Attached File  1330979355551.jpg   40.15K   13 downloads

redneckgater

redneckgater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
http://www.imom.org/...llery&album=255

here is the link to some of his pictures yall

samsons mom

samsons mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Here's a picture from that first week we had Samson.  Just a tiny little guy, always looking at us with such curiosity...Attached File  1328033666847.jpg   33.37K   6 downloads

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,506 posts
Donated to Samson in memory of Sarah's Gigi, a beautiful dog IMOM and the volunteers wanted so much to have the chance to help.

I will be thinking of Samson and sending positive thoughts and prayers his way.

Judy G.

Bina and Peda

Bina and Peda

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 162 posts
Donation made for puppy Samson.  Hopefully he will be able to have his needed surgery tomorrow.

redneckgater

redneckgater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
so here is what happening  to Samson and why we are here.

about a week ago we found a chewed up end the plug end of a electrical cord. so we went looking and looking around and never did find anything.  both dogs where fine so i wanest really that concerned.

so 3 days ago now. Samson was throwing up a lot he would go outside and eat grass and puke it right back up he would eat some more grass and puke it up again along with drinking plenty of water and still eating his food. i know that eating grass is normal for dogs and cats to help there tummy . he was still in his normal playful mood giving everyone wet kisses and playing with our other dog.

the next day he wasn't eating or drinking and was really not himself. no playing or kisses. he was still puking grass and in the afternoon  had a bm with some of the electrical cord in it,  not long afterwards i got of work and desided to take him to an emergency vet.

after 2 hrs about 9 pm he was admitted we got the call at 2 am that he had a diaphragmatic hernia with entrapped intestines. his intestines are in his chest cavity and by his heart. the surgery to fix this was $3200. and since there was no way i can afford this i desided to go into work super early and take him to another vet that was less expensive. after paying $700  for the first vet i took him to another one with all his records and xrays. they said the same thing as the first but the price was $!800. and that he needed the surgery asap they said he needed it with in 24 hrs or things would really turn bad.  i still cant afford to pay for it all at once and they wont take payments if they would then thins wouldn't really be an issue , but it is. and as im the only one working full time  paying all the bills mortgage car payment food and general everyday stuff with 3 kids money is extremely tight. so here we are.

i still cant believe how healpfull and sweet everyone here is im so glad that my current vet told me about yall .  and no matter what happens yall have my heartfelt thanks

samsons mom

samsons mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Just got a phone call from a friend checking up to see how I'm doing from my surgery I had a couple weeks ago.  I told her I am having a hard time, because my little puppy is in the hospital and needs surgery.  She said, "WHAT! SAMSON?!?"  i told her the situation, and she told me she would be praying for us.  No more than 5 minutes later, she shows up at my front door with $40 to help out towards Samsons medical costs!!  YAY!!

redneckgater

redneckgater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

thank you so very much

Judy. i know what its like to lose a pet a family member.  altho this is a little different sam brings so much joy to everyone he meets. and everyone in the house depends on him greeting him at the door tongue hanging out ready to give love.    

god bless Judy and i know your prayers will help

thank you so very mutch

Judy

View PostJudy G, on 19 April 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

Donated to Samson in memory of Sarah's Gigi, a beautiful dog IMOM and the volunteers wanted so much to have the chance to help.

I will be thinking of Samson and sending positive thoughts and prayers his way.

Judy G.

Edited by redneckgater, 19 April 2012 - 07:17 PM.

samsons mom

samsons mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Thank you sooooo much!!

View PostBina and Peda, on 19 April 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

Donation made for puppy Samson.  Hopefully he will be able to have his needed surgery tomorrow.

samsons mom

samsons mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Samson's first day with us, he pounced all around the house and of course slobbered all over us (me in complete hysterics every time!)....

So Mike and I were watching him play (mostly chasing around Princess his "big sister"), and trying to figure out a name for him.  After about the 5th time he pounced over and slurped my face, he stopped and stared into my eyes.  I turned to mike, as Samson ran off to jump on Princess again, and told him, "his name is Sam".  Mike looked at me with a disapproving look... clearly he didn't like the idea of the name Sam for this little guy.  So after a bit we went out to pick up toys and new bowls and to stop off for lunch.  While we were eating Mike asks, "What about Samson?"   I can't begin to tell you how perfect that name sounded when I imagined him as a full grown dog.

Now all I can do is ask for your help to make sure Samson gets a chance to live up to that image I had of him 3 months ago on that first fantastically fun day of him in my life.

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

Donation Update:

I'm so happy to post that we have already received $100 in donations for Samson.

This is a wonderful start Angels. Let's keep that momentum going. Spread the news far and wide that this little one needs our help.

I know Magic happens here and we can make this happen.

Thank you so much to everyone who has donated and shared Samson's story. We couldn't do this without you!
:thanks3:

Tammy-IMOM

What a little cutie pie!

samsons mom

samsons mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Thanks Tammy!  You and the folks at imom are amazing, and I refuse to imagine what we'd have to do without your help.  The ONLY option is to find a way to bring my baby home, happy and healthy.  I can't imagine my life without Samson!!

View PostTammy IMOM, on 19 April 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

Donation Update:

I'm so happy to post that we have already received $100 in donations for Samson.

This is a wonderful start Angels. Let's keep that momentum going. Spread the news far and wide that this little one needs our help.

I know Magic happens here and we can make this happen.

Thank you so much to everyone who has donated and shared Samson's story. We couldn't do this without you!
:thanks3:

Tammy-IMOM

What a little cutie pie!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,995 posts
Still have a computer and came over to see how things were going here.....GREAT JOB of posting...keep up the good work!!

Are you on Facebook and Twitter?  If so...post IMOM's thread for Samson up on your wall and ask your friends to SHARE and have their friends SHARE also...believe me...we need to spread the word.....

Hang in there....

redneckgater

redneckgater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
here is a video i took last week.   i decided to tease my oldest girl Morgan  by smearing peanut butter all over her toes and letting Samson lick it off.  Morgan Is extremely ticklish

http://www.facebook....v=2043085654765

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
I know it's a lot of money to try and raise over night but I also know we have done it many, many time when a furkids has needed us. I also know we can do it again. Samson is just a baby and he is missing out on a lot of playtime. We need to get him in for surgery so he can get back to his puppy stuff.

If you aren't familiar with diaphragmatic hernia with entrapped intestines, read this articleand you will understand the urgency.

Click here to make a donation.  And please help us to spread the word through your social media outlets.

Attached Files

Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

samsons mom

samsons mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
I have been sharing on facebook... didn't think about twitter.  thanks for the idea (not like a have many followers on there)

View PostJudy, on 19 April 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

Still have a computer and came over to see how things were going here.....GREAT JOB of posting...keep up the good work!!

Are you on Facebook and Twitter?  If so...post IMOM's thread for Samson up on your wall and ask your friends to SHARE and have their friends SHARE also...believe me...we need to spread the word.....

Hang in there....

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

Here is IMOM's twitter page, if you would like to re-tweet what we have already posted.
https://twitter.com/#!/IMOM_org

Here is our facebook page, if you would like to share Samson's posting from our page.
http://www.facebook.com/imom.org

Tammy-IMOM

redneckgater

redneckgater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
thank you very much tammy

View PostTammy IMOM, on 19 April 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

Here is IMOM's twitter page, if you would like to re-tweet what we have already posted.

Here is our facebook page, if you would like to share Samson's posting from our page.

Tammy-IMOM

redneckgater

redneckgater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Attached File  IMG2833.jpg   1.45MB   4 downloadshere is a pic i took today when i was taking him from 1 vet to another.  he still has his iv in his leg.    he looks happy tho. but i think thats because  he is getting home improvement shows on his new satellite  dish

Attached File  IMG2833.jpg   1.45MB   4 downloads

redneckgater

redneckgater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
here is lisa snuggling him last night at the first vet

Attached Files

samsons mom

samsons mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
tweet tweet tweeting away!! let's bring my little goofball home healthy!!!  Attached File  1328033630618.jpg   32.56K   2 downloads

View PostTammy IMOM, on 19 April 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

Tammy-IMOM

samsons mom

samsons mom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
Attached File  1330456170616.jpg   70.64K   4 downloadsThought I'd share a story about Samson's first trip to the dog park...

We got to the park and I walked him and Princess around on leash for a bit, so that they could get used to being there.  after 5 or 10 minutes, I let them off leash to run around and explore.  Every time I got outside "sniffing distance", Samson would turn around and look for me, then bound back over to me and lick my feet.  At one point we were all walking the path through the park and Princess and Samson took off ahead of me.  I decided to see what Samson would do if I walked over to the other side of the park without him.  Once he couldn't smell me he turned around and ran back to where he had seen me last.  When he didn't find me there, he ran back over to Princess and started barking.  I called him, and he looked around for me.  As soon as he saw me, he ran over SO fast!  He circled my feet and whimpered at me the rest of the way around the path back to the benches.  Once I sat down, he jumped up in my lap and licked me all over... I truly believe he was scared that he had lost me that day...

I thank everyone in advance for their donations to help keep ME from loosing HIM!Attached File  1330456255515.jpg   48.99K   4 downloads

redneckgater

redneckgater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
omg LOL i just remembered the first time at least i guess the first time he farted. LOL we where all sitting down in the living room watching tv. the dogs where where laying down being lazy. all of a sudden little Samson lets one rip. LOL he jumps up and starts running around like there was a monster chancing him. he kept looking at his rear end then looking at us. Like  what in the world was that...........................................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users