Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Tyger and George - California Cuties

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Tyger&George

Tyger&George
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Hi everyone,

My name is Victoria and I'm the mom of William Blake and George Elliot aka Tyger and George.  They are my 14 yo babies and like many people here, they aren't doing so well.  George was diagnosed with diabetes last November, but I have had a hard time regulating her and last Wednesday she had a severe seizure.  I was able to borrow money from my sister to get the basic care needed, but wasn't able to afford the blood work or glucose curve the ER doctor recommended. Tyger is basically on death watch because of fluid on his lungs. He has had had two plural taps in the past three weeks, and though the doctors recommendation of Rutin seems to have helped, I can tell the fluid is coming back. Because I can't afford testing to completely rule out cancer and because  of his sister's seizure, I can not afford another plural tap.

I will check out other people's stories when I'm not so upset.   Feel free to email me directly if you have any suggestions other than IMOM for financial assistance.  I know I don't qualify  for help here, just wanted to share my story.

Attached File  IMG00044.jpg   552.9K   1 downloads

(This is an old picture of both of them. George is the more white of the two)

Edited by Tyger&George, 15 April 2012 - 10:15 PM.

Tyger&George

Tyger&George
  • Members
  • 4 posts
More pictures.  Again these are old and I'll try to take some new ones, but they both have lost half their body weight and Tyger has been shaved on his sides where they use ultra sound to help get the most fluid out during the tap.

Attached File  Copy of IMG00026.jpg   575.84K   0 downloadsAttached File  Copy of IMG00025.jpg   493.36K   1 downloadsAttached File  Copy of IMG00023.jpg   451.76K   0 downloads

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,762 posts
Victoria,  I'm not sure of the reason you think you don't qualify for help (for treatment not yet given), but you might also try an organization called Cats in Crisis.

I love the names you've given your babies.

Edited by CatPaws, 14 April 2012 - 06:31 PM.

HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Tyger&George

Tyger&George
  • Members
  • 4 posts

View PostCatPaws, on 14 April 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Victoria,  I'm not sure of the reason you think you don't qualify for help (for treatment not yet given), but you might also try an organization called Cats in Crisis.

I love the names you've given your babies.

Hi Cat Paws,

I don't think I qualify because both my cats have chronic diseases and need further diagnostics.  The IMOM process is so thorough it is a little overwhelming.  That said, I'm in the process of gathering the information any way so that I might   receive assistance for the next time Tyger needs a plural tap, as the chronic illness tab  said IMOM might be able to help with one-time emergencies.

IMOM has a wonderful up to date listing of other programs that assist animals as well as some good ideas for fundraising on my own.  I actually am going to receive assistance for George through DCIN which will be a big help in the long run.  

I'm just stressed because I only have pieces of the puzzle for both cats and until I get diagnostics done, I will always wonder if there was something else I could be doing.

Tyger&George

Tyger&George
  • Members
  • 4 posts
A quick question for the IMOM community - does anyone know of vets in the Southern California area that have worked with IMOM?

TIA!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users