Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Buddy Vasquez

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Laura IMOM

Laura IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 767 posts
Diagnosis: Intestinal blockage
Low end of estimate: $1,012
Less owner contribution: -$150
Needed for low end of estimate: $862
4% of $1100 for IMOM operating expenses = $35
Our fund raising goal is $897
Spayed or neutered: Yes
Caseworker: Laura

DONATIONS Received $897 as of  4/14

Buddy is a 7 year old Bichon Frise dog with an intestinal blockage. This is an urgent and life-threatening condition, and he needs surgery as soon as possible.  He is currently at the vets, and will remain there overnight.  We are hoping to raise the funds tonight so that he can have his surgery early tomorrow morning.

Please help us help Buddy, through a donation to his fundraiser. And please help by cross-posting, sharing, retweeting, etc. We need to get the word out far and wide, and fast.

To make a donation for this pet, please click here:  Donations
and mark your gift, “GF - Buddy Vasquez.”

IMOM’s email address for direct Paypal donations is paypal@imom.org. Be sure to let us know who your donation is for.

(Fund updates will be provided as time allows. Please do not write to the committee to ask for updates. We will do the best we can to keep them as current as possible)

Thank you!

Laura/IMOM

Attached File  058.JPG   2.4MB   1 downloads

Edited by Laura IMOM, 14 April 2012 - 10:53 AM.

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,492 posts
Donation on the way for cute little Buddy!

Judy G.

Laura IMOM

Laura IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 767 posts
Thank you Judy!  This little guy is just darling, I really hope we can get him to surgery tomorrow morning.  Buddy's Mom should be on soon, she is also contacting other groups for donations so hopefully we will get to All Funds Raised quickly!  

Thank again,

Laura/IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Regina...WELCOME...Buddy is So cute...

The most important thing you can do is to post, post and then post some more...tell stories about your boy...how much you love him, what he means to the family...how you picked his name, his favorite toy...anything you like...you want the IMOM angels to fall in love with him and know how important he is to you and your family.....

People are always reading, even when they don't post...so don't wait for someone to write or ask a question...I know that sometimes it's hard to open your heart to strangers...but consider the people here at IMOM your family...because we are...we care and we worry for you and Buddy...

IF you are on Facebook...post IMOM's link for Buddy there and ask for your friends to share and cross post and ask them to tell their friends to do the same...spreading the word is an amazing tool to find angels to help with Buddy's surgery.....

Also, Twitter if you know how...and again, ask others to do the same...believe me it works.....

GOOD LUCK...I'll be checking in later to see how things are going...

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
keep your chin up and stay positive or Pawsitive as i say! it is very stressful trying to get donations but you have come to a place where people really care....i am zoes mommy and she just got her stitches out from her surgery last month---again there are Angels watching your post and listening...may not always post , but are watching... people are going to want to hear stories of your baby and why this lil guy is so important to you! it gives evryone a connection to your pup! good luck and i will be watching and praying for your lil buddy!:pawprint: i also was able to go door to door around my street to my neighbors..i never personally took their money but i asked them to go to imom.org and read zoes story...maybe you can try this?

Edited by dmmwilke, 13 April 2012 - 08:06 PM.

reginasbuddy

reginasbuddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Thank you Judy! Thank you Laura and IMOM for giving Buddy a chance! I will definitely post the link on Facebook, so hopefully we'll have some donations coming in soon.

As I had mentioned in my introduction, Buddy means the world to me and my daughter Alyssa. She was 7 when we moved to Florida and was too scared to sleep in her own bed (she doesn't have siblings), so she slept in my bed for about 3 years until the day we brought Buddy home. They've been inseparable ever since. He is like a little brother to her. Unfortunately, she has been on a college trip with her high school, so she hasn't even been able to visit him while he was getting worse by the day. I know he misses her.

And his companion Coco, our other Bichon, has been really depressed because she doesn't understand why Buddy hasn't been playing with her and now that he's been at the Vet's for 2 days and she misses him terribly.

I'm going to post on Facebook real quick and then will be back.

Attached Files

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Facebook is the way to go...good job...

You've got another GREAT cheerleader here...HI Maryann...thanks for jumping in to help.....

Maryann had a great idea about asking for donations from your neighborhood...I hope you might be able to do that...perhaps make up a poster or a donation can or flyers with the link to IMOM and Buddy's thread on it....

tell people Buddy's story...it's really amazing how many animal lovers there are out there...

I see Laura posted that you were working on finding other organizations to help.....

Did you try

Red Rover

Onyx and Breezy

Asking your vet if they are a member of the AAHA.....IF they are only the vet can apply for a grant for a pet in need...and you can find that out from a telephone call...ask them if they are a member of AAHA...and if they are they can go to the AAHA website and check out the financial help they offer to the vet clinics....it's sure worth a try....

Here is a website that lists other organizations that might have funding....

http://speakingforsp...Veterinary Care

GOOD LUCK.....Buddy is a lucky boy to have a family that cares and loves him so.....

reginasbuddy

reginasbuddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Thanks Maryann for the great advice! :thanks3:

I have applied with RedRover as well as Small Paws Rescue. I will definitely try those other websites.

My daughter is coming back from her trip in a little while, so I will have her post on her Facebook and Twitter as well.

Regina

Attached Files

reginasbuddy

reginasbuddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

View Postdmmwilke, on 13 April 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

keep your chin up and stay positive or Pawsitive as i say! it is very stressful trying to get donations but you have come to a place where people really care....i am zoes mommy and she just got her stitches out from her surgery last month---again there are Angels watching your post and listening...may not always post , but are watching... people are going to want to hear stories of your baby and why this lil guy is so important to you! it gives evryone a connection to your pup! good luck and i will be watching and praying for your lil buddy!:pawprint: i also was able to go door to door around my street to my neighbors..i never personally took their money but i asked them to go to imom.org and read zoes story...maybe you can try this?
I just read Zoe's story and it definitely gives me hope. Thanks for sharing. Buddy was first diagnosed with pancreatitis because we didn't have the money for the blood work or the x-rays, so we're trying to play catch-up now because of the week we lost. He's a tough little guy and if anyone can make it, it'll be him  :spot

Laura IMOM

Laura IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 767 posts
Regina, this is a GREAT picture!  Is this Coco or Buddy having a nice dinner with you?  SO cute, this photo tells a story, it shows us how you feel about your babies.   Both your puppers are adorable.

Please keep posting, maybe tell us some stories about your pups, the cute things they do, how they play, do they make funny noises...anything that you can think about.  We're all animal people on here and love to talk about pets.

You're doing a great job so far Regina, keep up the good work:)))

Laura/IMOM

reginasbuddy

reginasbuddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Hi Laura,
this is Buddy at the dinner table with my friend. I swear he thinks he's human :) I just got a call from Robin at Small Paws and she was happy to inform me that they made a donation to go toward his surgery. Thank you so much Robin. You are truly a blessing!!

Attached Files

Robin Pressnall

Robin Pressnall
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Small Paws Rescue needed emergency help this week.
We were blessed by our donors, who answered our calls for help..
IMOM has helped Small Paws Rescue before, so we wanted to share our blessing from this past week with them, for Buddy, the Bichon.
Our Board Members voted by phone tonight to send $500.00 for Buddy, which we just did by credit card.
IMOM has done so much for so many.
Our prayers are with you!
Robin Pressnall
Executive Director
Small Paws Rescue Inc.

Laura IMOM

Laura IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 767 posts
Robin and Small Paws, THANK YOU!!!  Thank you so much, this will be a tremendous help towards getting Buddy into his surgery tomorrow.  You guys are wonderful, just wonderful :) :cool026:

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
I will pledge whatever the balance is to get Buddy in to surgery ASAP ( in memory of Magic, the monkey, and my monkeys very special friend Ozzie a 12 yr old cocker spaniel who kept me strong at Christmas time, and joined my monkey at the bridge today) : (

Please post an update and I will send a donation to get Buddy to AFR so we can help this precious boy.

celayne

celayne

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 109 posts
I'm so sorry that you had to say goodbye to Ozzie today, Forusmom.  :(  At least he and Foru are playing together now.   It is hard when you lose some so close together.

You are awesome to help Buddy out in this way!!!

Celayne

reginasbuddy

reginasbuddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
T

View PostForusmom, on 13 April 2012 - 11:10 PM, said:

I will pledge whatever the balance is to get Buddy in to surgery ASAP ( in memory of Magic, the monkey, and my monkeys very special friend Ozzie a 12 yr old cocker spaniel who kept me strong at Christmas time, and joined my monkey at the bridge today) : (

Please post an update and I will send a donation to get Buddy to AFR so we can help this precious boy.

Thank you so much for your kindness forusmom! We're so sad to hear about your loss. We truly appreciate your help and will keep Magic and Ozzie in our prayers. :Angel15:

I'm sure Laura, our case worker, will update the balance once she logs back on around 7am EST.

Regina

Laura IMOM

Laura IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 767 posts
Thank you to all who have donated and posted support!!!!  Buddy now has $590. in funds towards his surgery this morning, he needs only $307.00 more!!!!   :cool026:

reginasbuddy

reginasbuddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Good morning everyone! Just a quick update. The nurse was walking Buddy this morning. Unfortunately, the object didn't pass as we had hoped, so I guess my little guy will have surgery this morning. I haven't spoken with the Vet yet, but I hope that with the pledge from forusmom he will ok the surgery. I will keep you updated. Thanks again for all your support, emotionally and financially. It is truly appreciated.

Laura IMOM

Laura IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 767 posts
Due to the urgency of Buddy's condition IMOM has pledged the remaining funds so that he can have his surgery this morning.  Any funds donated to replenish this pledge would be greatly appreciated!

A huge  :thanks3:  to all who have donated and supported Buddy!

reginasbuddy

reginasbuddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
We just left the Vet. Buddy's lost a lot of weight, but he looked really good and was happy to see us. I wish we could have taken him home with us. They are getting him ready for surgery now. He should be done by 4 pm and I will post an update then.

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
Hi Laura,

Was our donation to get Buddy to AFR not recieved?

View PostLaura IMOM, on 14 April 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

Due to the urgency of Buddy's condition IMOM has pledged the remaining funds so that he can have his surgery this morning.  Any funds donated to replenish this pledge would be greatly appreciated!

A huge  :thanks3:  to all who have donated and supported Buddy!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Dawn, I'm guessing not as IMOM put in what was needed...you best check on what happened...you don't want it lost in cyberspace.....or worse yet, gone to the wrong place.....

That was SO you doing something like that...am I'm so sorry to read that your friends cocker went to the bridge...

reginasbuddy

reginasbuddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Update: The surgery went well. Buddy is waking up. We're gonna go see him at 5. More updates then.
I can't say thank you enough to everyone who helped. You are all Buddy's angels.

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,918 posts

View PostForusmom, on 14 April 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

Hi Laura,

Dawn,

It certainly was received!  We just hadn't had a chance to tell Laura when she made our pledge.  Donations are manually counted by only a few IMOM volunteers and we had to make sure Buddy went in to surgery this morning no matter what.  But we were counting on you, and are very appreciative.

Thanks for being an IMOM angel,

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Laura IMOM

Laura IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• 767 posts

View PostForusmom, on 14 April 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

Hi Laura,

Hi Dawn,

Yes, it was received, thank you very, very much!!!  It was simply a timing issue, I had to get the LOG to Buddy's vet and the pledge done early this morning, but yes, your donation was received and is very much appreciated.

Thanks again for helping Buddy...

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
cant wait for buddy's update!

reginasbuddy

reginasbuddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

View Postdmmwilke, on 14 April 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

cant wait for buddy's update!

reginasbuddy

reginasbuddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Ok, so here it goes. The surgeon removed a peach pit, yes, a peach pit from Buddy's intestines. I don't even know the last time I bought peaches. Well, that's my little Hoover for you. The surgeon repaired the extensive damage the pit had done, he's not in the clear just yet, but should make a full recovery. Right now he is being monitored overnight, so I will give you another update in the morning. Maybe I'll get my first full night's sleep in a week tonight :-)

Edited by reginasbuddy, 14 April 2012 - 06:57 PM.

reginasbuddy

reginasbuddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Quick update: Buddy is home. He is eating and drinking and overall happy, except for the collar he has to wear till the stitches come out. We're so happy to have him home. Thanks again for everyone's help!!!!

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
sleep is very important..because he'll need your help when  you bring him home! im sooo glad they got it out! man,these things our animals will get into!i am so happy for you and your pup..keep us spdated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users