Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Oscar Flynn

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Ok IMOMers! I have to get going unfortunately. I have to get back to the kids, but I will be back at school in a few hours to check on progress here! I am confident that we can do this!!!!! Keep it coming, you will make a huge difference for me and my family and I am forever grateful!!!

Hugs and kisses from:
Melanie, Ashley, Chloe and Delilah!!! And Loki too :pawprint:

:stripekitty: :whitekitty: :Angel15: :bravo: :sos: :waycool: :thanks3:

PS- Here's another photo of baby Oscar in the sink, comin at ya!

Attached Files

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Oscar has $455 in donations -- thank you, angels!

He still needs $684 so he can have his surgery. Angels, this sweet boy has been at the vet for quite some time, catheterized and awaiting surgery. Your donation of any size will help him receive the treatment he really needs, and will help him get back home to his family.

To make a donation, please click here. Designate your gift "GF - Oscar Flynn." You may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate Oscar's name when making your donation.

No gift is too small -- every bit will make a difference for Oscar!

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,888 posts
Hi Oscar,

My Shadow- who was 99% gone by the time I found him and got him to the vet, says you will be just fine ! He is jealous because he did not get to sleep in the sink when he was a baby.

I know you will be at AFR before you know it !

Love your adorable pictures

Kathy

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Oscar now has $455 in donations! :aktion033:  Thank you so much!

We're getting closer! He now needs $684.

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Update!

Oscar now has $540 in donations! Yay!!!!

Also, RedRover will be making a $100 grant! So our revised fundraising goal is $1039.

This means that Oscar now only needs $499 for his surgery! We are more than halfway there!

Melanie has let us know that she has spoken with Oscar's vet, and he can do Oscar's surgery tomorrow (Friday) at 7:00 PM EST (4:00 PM PST) if funds are available.

Angels, I know we can do this!

If you're able, please make a donation of any size to help Oscar reach his goal.

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Hey everyone!! I'm back at school to check the status. If you haven't read in my previous post, my computer is down, so I'm coming to school several times a day to check on how things are going, and YESSS!!!! We're halfway there!!!! Amazing work everyone! I went to see Oscar today at the vet at he practically yelled at me as if to say "GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!" haha! Little bugger, he knows he's there for his own good, but he's desperate to get home to us. He whines and cries everytime I go in there, but this time our boy was MAD! He hates the cone, hates the catheter and Dr says he's pushing the catheter out of his bladder, so everytime this happens, he needs to be sedated again and re-catheterized. He's been through so much and still is hanging on. Yesterday marks 3 weeks this has been going on and Dr says it was building up long before then, so who knows how long he's been uncomfortable :(

My vet and his staff are so impressed with IMOM and all of the donations made so far! They hadn't heard of this great organization until now, so Oscar is famous at the vet now! Again, I thank each and every one of you for your generous gift to Oscar and my family and I know we can strive for more by tomorrow. Oscar's vet is hoping to start surgery at 7pm EST tomorrow so we need to keep up the awesome work!

I have some more pics to share, one of which is Oscar protecting my newborn Delilah in February of 2010. Absolutely precious. The other pics are my girls reaching out to IMOM to give as much or as little as you can to reach our goal! ...and trust me, it wasn't easy getting everyone to stay still!!

:aktion033:

Attached Files

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Beauty's Kathy,

Tell Shadow that Oscar says you can still fit in the sink!! If Oscar's big butt can fit, I'm sure Shadow's can!!:pawprint:

THANK YOU!!!!:felineicon:

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Wrapping things up at school and I'll be back tomorrow again to check on progress. I forgot to mention in my previous post that we received a $100 grant from RedRover to add to the pot! Thank you to RedRover and again to everyone who has opened their heart to Oscar! Good night all!

:magicmoon:

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,888 posts
Where is everyone?  Did Oscar get to AFR yet?

This kitty needs help right away. Blockages are life threatening.

Let's get Oscar home so he can protect his grls !

Kathy

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

Oscar is still at $570 in donations.

We need $469 to get this little boy into surgery tonight. He cannot wait over the weekend, this must happen tonight to save his life.

It's time to dig in those couch cushions, raid those piggy banks and skip that fancy coffee today.

Remember that every donation makes a difference, no matter the size. If you can make this happen for Oscar, please visit our  Donations   page and mark your gift " Oscar Flynn"

I know we can make this happen Angels, let's bring on some Magic! :albkblink:

Tammy-IMOM

mikken

mikken

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 286 posts
Donated to Oscar.  Let's get him some surgery!

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
YAY YAY YAY!!!!! OSCAR IS AT ALL FUNDS RAISED!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thank you, thank you to everyone who donated to this adorable hat-wearing boy.

Once Melanie is able to get online at school, I know she is going to be beyond excited and grateful.

Thank you again!

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,507 posts
Wow!  That was quick!  Yay for Oscar (and the dancing bananas!).

Judy G.

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea that we met our goal until just now! Last I checked my email from my ohone, we still needed about $500!!! I am seriously in awe of IMOM and everyone who donated. Each and everyone of you made a huge difference in our family forever. I don't even know how to thank you all enough! Absolutely incredible! :aktion033: :aktion033:
:claphands: :heart: :rose: :bravo: :happydance: :pp_animal_261: :waycool: :thanks3:

I can't wait to tell our vet and my girls!!! I'm sitting in my school library and I wanted to scream when I saw it!! :) AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,888 posts
Wonderful way to start the weekend. Oscar will soon be home and happy again. IMOM works miracles again

Kathy

celayne

celayne

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 109 posts
I'm so happy for Oscar and his family.   I was going to donate to his cause this afternoon.  Now I will be able to help the next animal that comes to IMOM looking for assistance.  What a wonderful group of people!!!

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
:catwatching:      :thanks3: :catwatching:
I'm heading home now to take care of some business. Oscar's surgery is scheduled for 7pm tonight. As soon as I hear from the vet, I will head back over to school to give an update. I was told that Oscar will have to stay at the vet for 2-3 days after surgery because the wall of he wants to monitor the inflammation in his bladder, as it is expected to start subsiding as soon as the blockage is removed. So he will give him fluids and antibiotics and keep a close eye on him afterwards. Dr. Kwon even takes Oscar home with him at night. He is so dedicated. Can't wait to hear some good news from the vet after surgery and pass it along to every angel who sonated to my little guy. I really wish I could come on here more often and chat with everyone, but because of the WORST timing ever with this computer stuff, I can't. But I will be here as much as possible to give you any and all updates I get!!! Thanks again!!!

Hugs and Kisses from Melanie, Ashley, Chloe, Delilah and Loki!!!! :heart:

:pp_animal_616:

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
....and thank you Mikken and Celayne!!! I hope I thanked everyone personally on here, but if I missed anyone please know that your donations mean the world to me! I'll be back soon!!! :)

JamesWilletts

JamesWilletts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
YAY!!  BANANAS!!!  I was SO glad to see this when I got home.  Thank you SO much, angels!

Please keep us updated on Oscar's progress!  And welcome to the Miracle Factory!  ;-)

I'm so happy for you guys!

*As an aside, gang, Ronit & I just got a card from Pet Plan, who made a donation to the Morris Animal Foundation on behalf of Sir Walter Sobchek.  I couldn't recommend them enough.  It's too bad we got coverage after Walter was diagnosed.  Mickey & Orville are in good hands, though.

Which is to also say:  Let's try to get Oscar & other pets in need insured for future incidents.  Being so young, Oscar & his brother have a long, happy life to live.

Nice work, everyone.  I'm proud to be in your company.

- James
--

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
We've received the following message from Melanie, who asked us to post it for her. As you know, her Internet is down at home, but she plans to go to school tomorrow afternoon and get online there. But in the meantime, I am so happy to read this great news about Oscar, and I know you will be too!

Oscar is out of surgery!!  The surgery went well. He removed A LOT of stones and debris from his bladder. He said this has been brewing for a looong time! and because of the huge amounts of stones, his bladder wall is very thick (supposed to be paper thin) and filled with pus. Dr K says that prognosis is still good despite the thickened bladder wall because with time and meds, the inflamation will go down and return to normal. Right now, Oscar is waking up from surgery and then Dr is going to give him some meds to help him sleep tonight. I will be in to see Oscar tomorrow morning and will post another update right after. Thank you again to everyone at IMOM for making today possible! Oscar should be home with us in two to three days! yay!

celayne

celayne

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 109 posts
Great news about handsome Oscar! I just continue to be in awe of all the IMOM angels.

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Hey everyone! Quick update! Oscar is doing great, I just saw him this afternoon. He's eating and drinking and getting his urine output monitored for the next two days and he can come home on MONDAY!!! Yay!!! He hates the cone around his head and will have to wear it when he comes home for about a week so he doesn't go after his sutures, but other than that, he looks amazing! and he is no longer blocked at all..which is the best news I've heard in 3 weeks! The girls and Loki and I cannot wait to brig him home for good this time! I have a feeling I might have a little bit of a problem with Loki working with Oscar to get that cone off his head!! :) but other than that we are thrilled and I will keep posting updates, especially once he's home...tons of photos as well. Thanks again everyone, because of you we get to have our kitty cat back!!

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Oscar at the vet..trying to get out of the cage!!

Attached Files

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,507 posts
I am guessing Oscar likes this hat (the cone of shame) even less than Woody's hat.  :lol:

It's so good to hear how well he is doing.  I hope he does get to come home today and that the rest of his recovery goes very smoothly.

Yay, Oscar!

Judy G.

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,888 posts
Oscar makes even that cone look fashionable. I remember a while back we found a fabric cone which was not as annoying.

I would not use those inflatable ones...look dangerous to me, but the fabric one was a big hit with the kitty that got it.

Kathy

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Thanks so much everyone, again. Sorry I haven't been on so much. My computer is still down and I am SWAMPED with school stuff, plus all this with Oscar. What a whirlwind of a week...especially with no internet!!! I'm pleased to let you know that Oscar is HOME!!! Hating the cone, but he's happy. Loki can't figure out what to make of Oscar with this contraption around his head but we're all adjusting. He will be on antibiotics for two weeks, but other than that...he's urinating, and I haven't seen him do that in weeks! So everything was a success thanks to IMOM and my vet for working with us! Thanks again. I will post more pics on Wednesday when my computer is fixed! THANKS!!

~Melanie

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
I am so happy to read that Oscar is back home! What wonderful news. Thanks again to all of the amazing angels who made this happen.

I can't wait to see photos on Wednesday!

I'm moving Oscar's thread to Happy Endings.

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
YAAYYYYY!!! My computer is back up and running! Wow, I'll never take my home computer for granted ever again lol...running to school 2+ times a day was killing me!! haha!

Oscar is doing pretty good...he's peeing everywhere but his litter box though. I talked to the vet and he thinks it's because he hates the cone and he is mad that he's still stuck in "Coney Island" :P !!   ..and he'll be wearing it until next Monday! Yikes! Other than that, the fact that he's peeing at all is what matters! So I'm just dealing with that right now, but we are all so happy he is home and healthy. He'll go back Monday and get the cone removed and stitches out. He's taking his antibiotics like a good boy for me which is great. Loki is still confused as to what is going on with his big brother but he;s being very gentle with him..which is better than I expected because before the surgery when Oscar was home, Loki was hissing at him because he smelled other animals on him from the vet. So we're all adjusting nicely to Oscars needs. Stay tuned for some pics!

(..and now that I don't have to be at school to post, my daughter Chloe is by my side and she wants to add some smileys! )

:beagle: :bone: :claphands: :dal: :whitekitty::excl: :WELCOMEPHOTO: :1icecream: :runninghorse: :anidogfris: :pom2: :twocents: :pp_animal_103: :pp_animal_250: :pp_animal_151:

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
so glad all is well!!!!

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Hey everybody..I am soooo sorry I haven't been on posting pics, I have finals coming up and it's been crazy! Oscar got his cone off last week, so he is a happy boy. He is 100% back to his normal cute self again! The cone was rubbing on his ears so he had really bad sores on his little delicate ears, but that is healing well and is almost gone. Loki was really weird with him for the first week or so after Oscar came home..I guess because of the cone and he could smell other animals on him, but they are back together now as close as ever! We bring it up almost everyday that we wouldn't have our Oscar here with us right now if it wasn't for IMOM. Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts!!

Here's some pics of Oscar and Loki snoozing together!:EMOTITWOCATS:

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users