Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Oscar Flynn

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Diagnosis: Urinary bladder obstruction with bladder stones
Low end of estimate: $1195
Less applicant contribution: -$100. (Applicant has spent $1000 on previous treatment)
Needed for low end of estimate: $1095
4% of $1095 for IMOM operating expenses: $44
Less $100 grant from RedRover
Updated fundraising goal: $1039
Spayed or neutered: Yes
Caseworker: Laurie

DONATIONS Received $1039 as of 10:42am PT 4/13

Oscar is an adorable neutered 3-year-old hat-wearing kitty who needs cystotomy (bladder surgery to remove stones).

Oscar previously blocked and was treated and released; unfortunately, as is sometimes the case with blockages, he reblocked. He is now at his vet's, catheterized, awaiting surgery to remove numerous bladder stones. I spoke with Oscar's vet, who says that surgery is needed as soon as possible to help avoid yet another blockage.

Here is what Oscar's human mom has to say about him:

Our Oscar is a sweet, funny, and sometimes snooty big gray cat who loves being spoiled. Right now, Oscar is being taken care of by our vet because he has an obstructed bladder and needs surgery. He wants to come home to his family, but needs this important surgery first!

If you are able to help Oscar with surgery, please click here to make your donation. Designate your gift "GF - Oscar Flynn."

If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate the pet's name when making your donation.

Look at Oscar's adorable face! I hope we can help this sweet boy. Thank you for considering a donation.

Laurie / IMOM

Attached File  oscar.jpg   260.64K   7 downloads

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

:WELCOMEPHOTO:

That's my Oscar! ...and he's wearing Woody (from Toy Story's) hat! Definitely not amused, but humoring my 2 year old and 5 year old girls for sure  :lol: This kitty cat loves to be loved. Doesn't have a mean bone in his body, and all he wants to do is come home. He has been through three overnight stays at the vet hospital in the past 2 weeks and is still there as we speak. He has been such a trooper.. so brave! He lets the vet and staff do whatever they need to make him better, so he can be home with us as soon as possible. He is only 3 years old and has his whole 9 lives ahead of him! So that is why were are here on IMOM to get him as much help as we can.

We miss his him and so does his best buddy Loki, our 1 year old spunky Maine Coon cat. Loki is home being grumpy and lazy (not typical Loki!) because he doesn't know why his big brother keeps leaving the house! It's amazing the bond they have.

I am so thankful to IMOM and for my vet for working with the organization. Our vet has not been aware of the organization until now and they called me this evening to say how impressed they are with everything they've read about it! Laurie and the rest of the staff are so dedicated and work hard for our animals! :bravo:

:pp_animal_616:

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
This is Oscar in his favorite spot on top of the couch. You can find him there pretty much all the time

Attached Files

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
That's Oscar with my daughter Chloe. He loves his girls! Down the bottom is Loki when he was a kitten. Loki misses his bud!

Attached Files

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
When Oscar was a kitten, his favorite place to sleep was the bathroom sink! He still tries to fit his big butt in there!

Attached Files

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

View PostOscar&Loki, on 11 April 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

That's Oscar with my daughter Chloe. He loves his girls! Down the bottom is Loki when he was a kitten. Loki misses his bud!

3rd picture is Loki

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,471 posts
Starting Oscar off with a donation from my 3 kitties. :whitekitty:   :whitekitty: :whitekitty: Let's get him his surgery as soon as possible so he can get home and wear more hats.:aktion033:

Judy G.

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,471 posts

View PostOscar&Loki, on 11 April 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

When Oscar was a kitten, his favorite place to sleep was the bathroom sink! He still tries to fit his big butt in there!

My big ol'cat Dylan STILL likes to sleep in the sink.  :lol:

Judy G.

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

View PostJudy G, on 11 April 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

Starting Oscar off with a donation from my 3 kitties. :whitekitty:   :whitekitty: :whitekitty: Let's get him his surgery as soon as possible so he can get home and wear more hats.:aktion033:

Judy G.

Thank you Judy! I cannot thank you and your kitties enough! You have an amazing heart!

:thanks3:

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

View PostJudy G, on 11 April 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

My big ol'cat Dylan STILL likes to sleep in the sink.  :lol:

Judy G.

Yay!! Haha, I love the funny spots I find my cats in! My other fave is the shelf in the linen closet. If I can't find Oscar, I usually either shout "din-din"! (he comes running for his wet food) ..or check in the towels in the closet!! :pawprint:

:stripekitty:

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Thank you angels! Oscar has received $50 in donations!

We still have a ways to go, but I know we can get there! Your donation of any size will make such a difference. Please remember, no amount is too small. I know we all want Oscar to be back home again as soon as he can.

Please click here to make your donation of any size.

Lisa_O

Lisa_O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
What a sweetheart. I just donated $50.

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Amazing angels are hard at work! Oscar has $200 in donations!

Thank you so, so much to all who have donated to this sweet boy.

He now needs $939 so he can have his surgery.

kuhio98

kuhio98

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,610 posts
Hey Oscar ~ Make sure you tell your Momcat about http://catsinsinks.com/
you definitely look like a contender.  Donation on the way.  

Lisa http://www.goodsearch.com/ for IMOM ~ Earn a penny for IMOM with every search!
Also check out the Shopping function from GoodSearch

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Thank you Lisa! I'm so grateful. **Tears!**

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Cats in sinks! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hilarious!! I love it!  :roll:

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

View PostLaurie IMOM, on 11 April 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Amazing angels are hard at work! Oscar has $200 in donations!

Thank you so, so much to all who have donated to this sweet boy.

He now needs $939 so he can have his surgery.

Absolutely amazing. I am so glad I have found this organization, because it shows how many wonderful people are in this world! So so humbled.

:claphands:   :Angel15:

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,891 posts
GREAT GREAT JOB of posting for your kitty!!  That's SO important as it lets the IMOM angels see how much you care and are trying....

Make sure that you post on your facebook wall...ask your friends to share and cross post and to their friends...if you twitter that helps also....

Have you applied to Red Rover and the Onyx and Breezy Fund?

Let's see what happens today...keep this momentum going...it really does work...again, MARVELOUS JOB with your posting....Judy

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,840 posts
:WELCOMEPHOTO: Oscar and Family; and a THANK YOU welcome also to the vet and staff who are willing to give IMOM a chance.  

Now I know why I had a visit from my big grey guy in my dream last night.  He was letting me know a look-alike and his girls needed help.  Donation on it's way from "AJ".
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Bina and Peda

Bina and Peda

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 162 posts
My little girl Peda had this same issue last year.  She was in pain, I was a wreck.  Donation made to Oscar, hopefully he won't have to wait much longer for the surgery he needs.

JamesWilletts

JamesWilletts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Wow.  Deja Vu.

You are so lucky to have such a gentle & funny feline.

Hang in there, Oscar!

Thanks for the donations, and let's spread the word, everyone.  Let's get the boy home!!

- James
--

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

JamesWilletts

JamesWilletts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
And Welcome to the Family!!!

Please tell us more about Oscar, like where he came from & how he came into your life.  Tell us how he got his name, and other things he does with his brother Loki.  I'm sure he's very protective of him, since Loki is so much younger in cat years.  Since he's a Maine Coone, he may one day be bigger than Oscar!  :-)

We love stories and funny anecdotes!  The pictures are SUPER cute.  Reminds me of my gentle, gray giant.

I hope it's okay to use that picture of Oscar snuggling with Chloe for my posts for Oscar.  So heart-warming.

I hope everyone remembers Walter.  Let's show Oscar how it's done, gang!

- James
--

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors (A)
  • 448 posts
Dearest Angels - thank you so much for your pledges!  Blockages are scary and can come back at any time.  Please help us get this money raised for our Sweet new hat wearing PIN!

Sarah
Sarah/IMOM Board of Directors

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

Donation Update:  

Oscar has received $385 in donations
:waycool:

Thank you so very much to everyone who has donated and shared Oscar's story. We are off to a great start to getting this little sweetie all fixed up.

Tammy-IMOM

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Hey everybody! I just want to give everybody a heads up, my computer has been out for three days!! Possibly the worst 3 days ever!!! because I constantly want to be here posting all of our stories about our little dude and giving HUGE thanks to all who have donating and are considering donating to save Oscar!! So I'm heading out to my university 3 times a day to post as much as possible! I will be on here for about an hour and will be back after 5 and then again at 9pm.

Update on Oscar:
He is still at the vet's office and will remain there until the surgery. Dr is manually removing blockages throughout the day and night to keep his urine passing. He HATES the cone on his head, so he's not eating in protest! He has hissed a few times at the staff which is good news because previously, he had not even had the stregnth to do that! So I know that he is a fighter and can get past this bump in the road and return to his comfy home.

A little info...as requested :) on how Oscar came into our lives. We recieved Oscar from a friend of a friend who had kittens in February of 2009. I stole his name from my grandmom's Cabbage Patch Kid "Koosah" (remember those??) from when I was a little girl. They were the cat versions of a cabbage patch doll! HA! I always used to play with it when I would visit my g-parents and my grandmom had named her's "Oscar"! From day one, he came, he sniffed around, and made himself at home. Oscar is the first cat I've ever owned, as I have always had dogs and was missing an animal in my life because I rent my townhouse and can't have large animals. He fit right in with our goofy little family.  At the time, my daughter Chloe was just 2 years old and I've always said that Oscar will be able to see her off to college. Since then my Delilah was born in Feb 2010 and then we got our Loki, to keep Oscar company and to have a partner in crime. I also have a teenage daugher, Ashley, who Oscar loves to sleep in her bed and hang out with her and her girlfriends in her room! Oscar likes to eat, hide, play and make messes. He and Loki are best buds and are always tearing up the house together!! Oscar is deathly afraid of my mother's BIG Chesapeake Bay retriever Coco, and when we dog-sit, Oscar can be found nuzzled up in the corner of the girls' closet for the weekend! Even the mention of Coco's name sends Oscar across the room! :unsure:
He's our buddy and we all miss him lots! I am SO humbled by all of the generosity on here. Every penny donated warms my heart and words cannot describe how thankful I am to all of you for making it possible for Oscar to get the treatment he needs to come home. Where there is a will there is a way, and finding IMOM was the best way to bring him back to us. Again, THANK YOU, from the bottom of our hearts!

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Here are a few more pics of my silly Oscar. Look what my girls did to him!!!

:kittydrinking: :biggrin: :roll:

Attached Files

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Oscar with his Leopard print headband!:whitekitty:

Attached Files

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
James, your kitty could be Oscars twin!! How adorable!!! And to respond to Judy, I have tried Red Rover and waiting on response, I have not tried the other two but I will do that right now, I will let everyone know how it's going.

Also, I wanted to point out that Oscar's surgery, best case scenario, should happen tomorrow, if possible. The generous donations up until this point are giving me HUGE amounts of hope the WE CAN DO THIS!!!! You are all such special, wonderful people! Let's keep it coming! Bring the big gray boy home!!

:claphands:   :kittydrinking: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos:   :pp_animal_261:

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
James,

You can absolutely use the picture of Oscar and Chloe! Isn't it great?! He will let my girls do ANYTHING to him, even if he's less than thrilled about it. He tolerates it. Such a good boy!!!! And yes, he is VERY protective of Loki. He was accepting of him in our home the DAY we brought Loki home, as a little fluff ball.  When Loki got fixed a few months ago, Oscar was so mad that he smelled other animals on Loki from being at the clinic! He hissed and growled at hime for days and then they kissed and made up. Oscar is a BIG boy, but I'm just waiting for that growth spurt from Loki and he'll be a monster!

Here is another pic of Chloe when she was only 2 and Oscar was a kitten. So sweet. And another photo of Loki, who is impatiently waiting for his big brother!!!:EMOTITWOCATS:

Attached Files

Oscar&Loki

Oscar&Loki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

View PostTammy IMOM, on 12 April 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

Donation Update:  

Oscar has received $385 in donations
:waycool:

Thank you so very much to everyone who has donated and shared Oscar's story. We are off to a great start to getting this little sweetie all fixed up.

Tammy-IMOM

Thank you SO SO SO MUCH everyone who is opening their hearts to my sick kitty cat! He is one special little guy and this will leave a lasting impression on me and my family FOEVER. :aktion033:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users