Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Edna Kinsey

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

Thursday night we received a critical request for assistance.

Edna, a 5 yr old Pittie mix with a bullet wound, collapsed lung and blood clots. This girl needed an immediate Thoracotomy.

Edna was in trouble and needed help right away.

Thanks to our amazing donors who contribute to the General Fund, we were able to make a pledge of $500 towards the cost of treatment.

Edna's mama, Fani, will be along today to tell us all about her special girl and how she is recovering.

Thank you all for continuing to support IMOM and helping Pets In Need.

Tammy-IMOM

Fanikinsey

Fanikinsey
  • Members
  • 4 posts
I just got off the phone with the vet, he is pleased with Edna's progress, but the next 24 hrs were critical and she was not out of the woods!  They had to remove her entire left lung!  The bullet, entered the top of her front left leg, traveled thru her lung and is sitting next to her stomach.  I will post updates as I get them.  I don't have any pics with me, but will try to get one as soon as I can,  thank you everyone for your support, it truly helps at times like this to know there are good people out there!

Bina and Peda

Bina and Peda

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 162 posts
Poor Edna, I hope she makes a full recovery.  How in the world did she get shot?

Fanikinsey

Fanikinsey
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Someone intentially let my dogs lose on my property and either a neighbor shot her, or it was dauvhters bf, since he is the one that let them loose!  Doctor said she iz weak today, but doing well!

Fanikinsey

Fanikinsey
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Fanikinsey said:

1333828186[/url]' post='122291']
Someone intentially let my dogs lose on my property and either a neighbor shot her, or it was dauvhters bf, since he is the one that let them loose!  Doctor said she iz weak today, but doing well!

Edna is doing well, she has been up walking around, she is off the oxygen, but still has a chest tube for draining the fluid in her chest cavity, but all her stats are good and the staff there are giving her lots of love and attention.  I am an over the road truck driver and had to get back to work, my sister has kindly volunteered to take care of her when she gets out of the hospital, until I get back at the end of the month.   Will send updates as I can, as I don't always have Internet connections at my stops.

Fanikinsey

Fanikinsey
  • Members
  • 4 posts
Edna has to go back in for emergency surgery, they did not remove the bullet last time and now they think it is damaging her liver.... Can't afford more surgery!

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,509 posts
Hoping for a good update on Edna.  Did she have her second surgery?  Worrying...

Judy G.

reginasbuddy

reginasbuddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
What happened to Edna? Did she get her second surgery?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users