Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Odi: Cat with Intestinal Blockage Needs Surgery

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Debbies Odi

Debbies Odi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Bless You & Mr Precious.  You are in my Thankful Prayers.

Debbies Odi

Debbies Odi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thank You Beauty, and Mr Precious and everyone.  We're putting things in motion & I hope I'll have some good news tomorrow.  Thanks again!!

StacyB

StacyB
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Donation made for Odi

Odi looks like Wilber,  I remember when this happened to Wilber. When my friend was driving us to the 2nd Vet in Huntington Beach I

was trying to come to grips with having him put to sleep. I had no idea what was wrong but I was pretty sure he was dying. The Vet examined him, asked

me a few questions then he just needed a xray to confirm his diagnosis. While Wilber was being xrayed, I told my friend (with a stiff

upper lip) I will probably have to put him to sleep. I was bound and determined not to get upset. The Vet came back showed me the xray and sure enough

there was a piece of rubber in Wilber's tummy. We discussed treatment options, one thing was sure Wilber was suffering and would die in the next couple

days if it stays there. So having already accepted the fact he was going to die I said "well I have to put him..." then I literally became

hysterical! I simply didn't have the money, I live month to month sometimes not having enough money to pay my utilities.

I was so lucky to have a Dad who not only had a credit card, but didn't think twice about taking care of the bill.

Odi's Mama isn't as lucky as Wilber and I. Please help them, even if you only give $5.00 or $10.00 it will bring them closer to saving Blitz. Just think if you

had to let your animal die, how hurt you would be. Please, please help save Odi. I'm sure time is running out.

StacyB

Debbies Odi

Debbies Odi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thank You Everyone for your support of our fuzzy one.  I cannot express the relief I feel right now knowing I may have my friend here with me for many more healthy years!!  It's a dark feeling knowing that there is help out there but circumstances prevent you from utilizing them and as a result, a loved one may die.  You have replaced that darkness with light and I will forever be indebted to you all.  God Bless, you are all truly angels.
                                                                                                         Odi's Debbie

P.S. Leah will have her playmate back.  She thanks you too!!!

Debbies Odi

Debbies Odi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Thank You Stacy.  I know the month to month feeling.  Thank You for sharing your story & helping my Odi.  You can be sure I won't forever be stuck in this situation and  I'll be sharing Odi's story.  You and all the others are an inspiration!!  Thank You.

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,918 posts
IMOM is pledging $380 so that Odi can have surgery this morning.  To everyone who donated, THANK YOU!!

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Bina and Peda

Bina and Peda

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 162 posts
Thank you IMOM!  This is just another example why it is so important IMOM receives donations to their general funds.

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,887 posts
IMOM does it again !  Thank you Magic and Jacki and all the IMOM angels, caseworkers and cheerleaders for helping Odi get better.

Kathy

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
woo hoo !!!! i will keep odi in my prayers!:kittydrinking:

Debbies Odi

Debbies Odi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello Everyone,
                   Today was a day I don't want to re-live!!   I was a nervous wreck at work this morning hoping my son in law would get to the vet's in time for surgery.  I got a call with him telling me he took Teddy by mistake and was on his way home to get Odi.  Then he called to tell me they were there & he'd let me know.  Then I heard nothing.  Finally around 4, he called to say that when they were taking Odi's temperature, he went to the bathroom.  They did another x-ray and didn't see anything so the surgeon decided not to cut him!!!    But, the BEST thing of all.....when I got home, he was at the door!!! And he ate some tuna.  Not a lot but he ATE.  I don't know what I appreciate the most, the financial support or the prayers!!  You are all TRULY Angels & I'll never forget you.  
                             So, Odi will get better, his diet is changed.  He is DEFINITELY an INDOOR cat now.  So is Teddy.  And we'll start saving for the neutering again.  
                                 From our hearts, we say Thank You again. I'm going to bed :)   Odi's sleepin'Attached File  October 2011 016.JPG   1.25MB   10 downloads
                                                                                                              Odi's Mom, Debbie

StacyB

StacyB
  • Members
  • 6 posts
Thank God, I'm so glad he is sleeping peacefully at home. He is such a cutie pie! I'm also so glad he didn't have to have surgery. When Wilber had his surgery it was extremely nerve wracking! The recovery process was scary and long for both of us. Everything he did had to be closley monitored, from eating and drinking to jumping on anything. It's been a couple years and every once in awhile I still find myself checking his mouth to make sure he doesn't have something in his mouth he shouldn't, or feeding him Petromalt just in case.

Please take this advise - don't feed your cats people food and remember cats are carnivores. It's the diet that will give them the best chance at a healthy life. It's very very important cats have moisture with every bite, for them to drink water simply isn't good enough. It wasn't till I completely eliminated dry food from Wilber's diet that he completely stopped vomiting. The cats digestive system is very unique.  

Everyone with a cat owes it to their cat to educate themselves about the nutritional needs of their feline friends. The best place to do that is at

WWW.CATINFO.ORG

It's very informative written by a Veternarian who is NOT trying to sell anything. Please, please read it and then read it again! I don't think I could ever go as far as she has, but only feeding can food makes so much sense and for Wilber it has made him healthier. Sorry if I seem to be preaching but I believe it is so important. Just one more thing cats have to have a bowl movement daily, when they don't they are in real trouble.

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,887 posts
Hi

Since both these boys need to be fixed...I was wondering if those who donated for surgery could have their donations go towards the fix?

If you are in South Florida,email me and I will give you a link to get your kids fixed for $10 (includes rabies shots

loveferals@yahoo.com

Kathy

Kyle imom

Kyle imom

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 385 posts
The committee has decided that since Odi doesn't need surgery after all, we're going to offer some of the funds raised so that he can be neutered.

We'll ask his person, Debbie, to keep the community updated on this.

Thank you!
Posted Image

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,887 posts
Thank you !  You willl all be much happier when the boys are both fixed

Kathy

celayne

celayne

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 109 posts
It's great that Odi didn't need surgery.  I'm so glad he is on the mend...and will be neutered soon.  It's better for everyone!!

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
so happy to hear your precoius baby is okay! Miracles happen around this time of year now, dont they????:rose:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users