Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Saki - Dogs Needs Neurosurgery ASAP

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Kyle imom

Kyle imom

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 384 posts
Diagnosis: Presumed Inter-vertebral Disk Disease
Low end of estimate:  $2400
Less owner contribution:   -$ 200                            
Needed for low end of estimate: $2200
4% of $2200 for IMOM operating expenses = $88
Our fund raising goal is $2288
Spayed or neutered: Yes
Caseworker: Kyle

Posted Image

Saki is a 6 year old pug. He cannot walk or urinate. He needs surgery right away, so we need to raise funds as quickly as possible.

To make a donation for this pet, please click here and mark your gift, “GF - Saki Thompson.”

Whether you can personally donate or not, we need to get the word out to all of our networks, social media, mailing lists, etc., that Saki needs our help desperate and immediately.

IMOM’s email address for direct Paypal donations is paypal@imom.org. Be sure to let us know who your donation is for.

(Fund updates will be provided as time allows. Please do not write to the committee to ask for updates. We will do the best we can to keep them as current as possible)

Thank you very much.
Posted Image

IMOM's ability to make immediate emergency donations to pets in crisis depends on donations to our General Fund. Please click here to help. Thank you!

Brooke

Brooke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Hello! My name is Brooke and my little pug Saki is having a rough go of things lately. He is paralyzed baring an impending surgery. I am so thankful for organizations like IMOM, not an easy job- glad they are doing it! Saki's 'brother,' Suki misses playing with his best friend-- hopefully they will be up to mischief as the dynamic duo again soon!

I am sick over the situation I am currently in. After breaking my foot last semester and dealing with crutches and rehab for nine months, I was ready for a smoother sailing. Poor little Saki- my inspiration to be a little tougher and get over my challenges, is now in trouble. He has the best attitude around, now I need to return his many favors and get him going asap!

I cannot thank Kyle and IMOM and anyone reading this enough for your time and help! Saki is at home with me until we can get him into surgery.

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
we will all rally for you and your pup.......I believe in these guys!  keep posting and reposting tellimg us fun stories of you and yourSaki..like how he got his name and all! everyone wants to hear all of the good things !My vet posted on their website and i went on facebook, church, family friends and neighbors.Iknow this is the weekend and all-but it CAN be done.!:heart:

Bina and Peda

Bina and Peda

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 162 posts
Brooke, I love the picture of Saki, what a cute little face.  Donation sent for this poor little pup.

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,914 posts
Saki has received $75 in donations!  But we need to get her into surgery today so if anyone can give anything, it will help.  donations for Saki.  Just click that link and designate your gift to Saki Thompson.  She'll thank you for it!

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Brooke

Brooke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Thank you so much for spreading the news and all of the words of encouragement!

View Postdmmwilke, on 31 March 2012 - 06:19 AM, said:

we will all rally for you and your pup.......I believe in these guys!  keep posting and reposting tellimg us fun stories of you and yourSaki..like how he got his name and all! everyone wants to hear all of the good things !My vet posted on their website and i went on facebook, church, family friends and neighbors.Iknow this is the weekend and all-but it CAN be done.!:heart:

Brooke

Brooke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
I so excited to see that donations are already coming in, I cannot thank everyone enough for your help!

View PostCindy/IMOM, on 31 March 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

Saki has received $75 in donations!  But we need to get her into surgery today so if anyone can give anything, it will help.  donations for Saki.  Just click that link and designate your gift to Saki Thompson.  She'll thank you for it!

Cindy/IMOM

Brooke

Brooke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Thank you so much for your help!!! I told Saki the good news and he cocked his head from side to side like he does when he really tries to understand what I am telling him!

View PostBina and Peda, on 31 March 2012 - 06:27 AM, said:

Brooke, I love the picture of Saki, what a cute little face.  Donation sent for this poor little pup.

Brooke

Brooke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Saki is holding up well today, he is a little trooper! I have been using a towel to help him wheelbarrow around and get a little exercise. Mostly he is just tired though. He is always my little shadow but now that he depends on me, he watches my every move. Mostly he just hangs out in his little pug bed while I am intermittently posting, trying to find him help and study for two impending exams. Thanks for all of the encouragement and help!

Brooke

Brooke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Saki catching a ride outside for some fresh air!Attached File  IMG_0674.jpg   2.31MB   14 downloads

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,914 posts
Saki has received $175 in donations! We're getting there!  donations for Saki.  Just designate your gift to Saki Thompson.  HE (sorry about calling him a her before) will be very grateful and so will we.

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
Donation sent in memory of a very special pug boy, Simon.  He was a friend's dog, but he was my dog's best friend, and a very sweet and loving little boy who is still terribly missed by his mom and dad 2 years after losing him.

Judy G.

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,914 posts
Saki has received $275 in donations! donations for Saki.  designate your gift to Saki Thompson.  Any amount will help.

Thank you, angels!

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Brooke

Brooke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Dear IMOM, friends and supporters,

The past few days have  been an amazingly emotional roller coaster. Since Saki went down on Wednesday, it has been a race against time. I cannot thank IMOM and everyone who donated enough! I am still in shock over the incredible generosity that has been bestowed upon Saki and I. Please check out our FB video and photos on IMOM's site.

We met with Saki's emergency surgeon this afternoon. Apparently it has been a very busy day so unfortunately he is #2 in line. He should go under anesthesia around 7pm and surgery should take about two hours after the CT and mylegraphy. He is a tough little guy, I know he will pull through. When I returned home his brother was racing around looking for Saki, I know he is worried too!

I will post more updates as I have news!

BrookeAttached File  IMG_1897.JPG   1.03MB   5 downloads

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
How will Saki have surgery if we haven't raised all the funds yet?  I am worried, because I know IMOM does not pay for treatment already received and stops fundraising at that time....

Hoping for the best for Saki.

Judy G.

Kyle imom

Kyle imom

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 384 posts
The committee decided we needed to take the money out of the general fund. Saki couldn't wait for fundraising. We have pledged the amount needed.

Of course this is a huge hit to the fund, so as always we need help to keep money available for times when a pet just can't wait. Please see the footer of this post.

Thank you!

Edited by Kyle imom, 31 March 2012 - 04:36 PM.

Posted Image

IMOM's ability to make immediate emergency donations to pets in crisis depends on donations to our General Fund. Please click here to help. Thank you!

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
Thank you, Kyle-and IMOM, as always.  I'm relieved to hear Saki will get his surgery.  Sending positive thoughts for a successful operation and a smooth recovery.

Judy G.

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
ohhh   thank you imom...for using the general fund! this lil guy needs help right away! will he have his surgery right now tonight? or what???

Brooke

Brooke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Saki has been admitted and he is next in line for surgery. He is having his blood work done now and should go in for the CT scan around 7 tonight. I will post as soon as I know anything!! It is really amazing that the general fund was provided for this little guy, time really was of the essence.

Thank you for the support!!

Saki's mom, Brooke

View Postdmmwilke, on 31 March 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

ohhh   thank you imom...for using the general fund! this lil guy needs help right away! will he have his surgery right now tonight? or what???

Brooke

Brooke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Saki is out of surgery, but not out of the woods. I am so glad to have such a wonderful community of people to share this with. Friends and family don't always understand, but reading all of your stories and posts and encouragement over the past few days has really made a difference.  I cannot thank you enough.

Brooke, Saki's mom

LukeAD

LukeAD
  • Members
  • 1 posts
HELLO!

My name is Luke. I'm Brooke's roomie. This dog is genuine. I've been around a lot of animals in my life, and I can honestly say that this dog, Saki, has been a joy to my life. I'd love to see him be happy running and walking again. Brooke is loving and caring owner who is doing the best for her animals. Thanks to everyone who has helped out with Saki's financial needs.

Hey,
Luke A.D.

Brooke

Brooke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Luke,

I'm sitting here bawling in my room, thank you for taking the time to check out our videos and make this post. Suki, Saki and I are so lucky to have you in our life. Thank you so much for everything you do for us!

XO- Brooke

Bina and Peda

Bina and Peda

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 162 posts
Brooke, please keep us updated on Saki's condition.  

Thank you IMOM for helping Saki.  

Ceasar

Ceasar

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 143 posts
Good luck with every thing! I know how waiting for a miracle can seem like forever. Imom and its Angels are amazing. Ceasar is still fighting and waiting for his surgery as well, But Imom angels have been comforting and great support team.  Hang in there Saki!

Brittany and Ceasar
King Ceasar

Brooke

Brooke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Yesterday was a long day. Saki was admitted to the ICU around 2:30. The surgeon briefed me on what to expect: they were 99% sure that he had a ruptured disk. The 1% possibilities were explored with me and I was told no news was good news. Saki was scheduled to go under anesthesia around 7pm for diagnostic testing. At about 8:30 pm I received that call that I didn't want to get. Testing had revealed that Saki was cancer free but instead of a ruptured disk, he had an arachnoid spinal cyst. The condition is very rare, usually only seen in puppies. My surgeon was excited for the surgery but advised that prior studies were not enough to provide a conclusive expectation for an outcome.
The post surgery call was very positive. They were happy with the results and were able to extract the cystic fluid. He is on seizure watch through the rest of the day due to mylograpgy testing. This morning he has had a good appetite and is sitting up looking very happy with the world! They believe he is urinating on his own (to some degree) so he does not have a catheter. He will be in the ICU through tonight. I am not allowed to see him until 7:00pm, I will have an update then!

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
prayers are being sent your way!:animcnda_lg:

Brooke

Brooke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Thank you so much! My other dog, Suki, just about did cartwheels when I returned from the hospital yesterday. He raced around looking for his brother everywhere and kept running back giving me inquisitive looks. Finally I sat down and he hopped into my lap. I know he is worried about his brother and definitely not used to being alone. Thank you for your prayers. Saki is a very tough little guy, he is a fighter-- definitly has the will and so far (with everyones help) he has been given a way!

View Postdmmwilke, on 01 April 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

prayers are being sent your way!:animcnda_lg:

Brooke

Brooke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Getting excited to see Saki at 7pm. I haven't heard any news since this morning but I was told no news is good news!

Brooke

Brooke

Brooke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Thank you so much for your donation and words of encouragement. The kindness of strangers has completely overwhelmed me. I am in shock and so thankful! Thank you for all you do!!

Brooke & Saki & Suki

View PostBina and Peda, on 31 March 2012 - 06:27 AM, said:

Brooke

Brooke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Suki is also REALLY excited to see Saki!

Brooke

Attached File  IMG_1475.jpg   869.59K   2 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users