Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Ceasar Dunn Spontaneous Pneumothorax

• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors (A)
  • 448 posts
Diagnosis:Spontaneous Pneumothorax
Amount of estimate: $3844
Owner Contribution: $800
Fund raising goal: $3165 (4% has been added to help pay IMOM's business operating expenses)
Spayed or neutered: YES
Caseworker: Sarah

Donations Rec'd so far $1773 as of 11:13 ET  4/2
IMOM WILL MATCH THE NEXT $694 to get Ceasar TO AFR

Ceasar Tanner is a 2 yr Malteze Yorkie who needs Thorax exploratory surgery.  Thoracocentesis has already been provided, owners used almost all of their $2000 Care Credit for this. Prognosis depends on the cause - most do well if leak is controlled.

Ceasar's mom wrote:

My dog Ceasar is the best frined you never knew you had. He will love you from the first moment you meet. He is very friendly, hyper, and full of energy. Ceasar deserves help because he has many more years to live; two is just not enough. We have many more walks to take, kisses to give & lazy days.

Please IMOM Angels Please help Ceasar  

To donate to Ceasar Dunn, please go to:http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm
Please designate your gift to"GF-Ceasar Dunn". Every penny is appreciated to help this Pet InNeed.

If you want to donate directly to paypal you can use
paypal@imom.org as the email address to donate to. Just please put in a note that you want your funds directed to Ceasar Dunn!

Remember to cross post and share if you can!  

Sarah/IMOM

(Note: fund updates will beposted as time allows. Please be patient with us, as we do this manually)

Edited by Sarah IMOM, 04 April 2012 - 12:26 PM.
Donation Update

Sarah/IMOM Board of Directors

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

Ceasar's mom posted this over in introductions:

View PostCeasar, on 22 March 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

Ceasar is  such a sweet and loving dog. Everyday I worry his lung tube will  collpase again. We deserve to be free of worry and restrictions. He  deserves it.

Brittany (Ceasar mommy)

Tammy-IMOM

Ceasar

Ceasar

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 143 posts
Ceasar is such a joy to me. He has so much life to live. I have faith that we will raise enough money to get Cesar back to his normal lively self. Thanx to those that can help with money or kind words!
King Ceasar

Ceasar

Ceasar

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 143 posts
Ceasar hanging on the porch!

Attached Files

King Ceasar

Blitz

Blitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

View PostCeasar, on 22 March 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

Ceasar hanging on the porch!

I would like to send good prayers for Ceasar and tell his mom to do the things I was told to do post as much as you can everywhere you can ,Facebook , twitter etc. share your thoughts and fears with everyone here. These are some of the finest people I have ever had the pleasure to meet.

If you come to IMOM for help they are not only glad to help they get the job done.  my cat Blitz was out of options and needed surgery badly and these folks got him there today , he is in surgery as we speak and without the help I got from all of these good people it would not have been possible. So good luck for you and Ceasar and we will pray for him as well.

Ceasar

Ceasar

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 143 posts

View PostBlitz, on 22 March 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

I would like to send good prayers for Ceasar and tell his mom to do the things I was told to do post as much as you can everywhere you can ,Facebook , twitter etc. share your thoughts and fears with everyone here. These are some of the finest people I have ever had the pleasure to meet.

If you come to IMOM for help they are not only glad to help they get the job done.  my cat Blitz was out of options and needed surgery badly and these folks got him there today , he is in surgery as we speak and without the help I got from all of these good people it would not have been possible. So good luck for you and Ceasar and we will pray for him as well.

Thanx Sooo much for that I greatly appreciate it your kind words and prayer.
    ~Ceasar Mommy~
King Ceasar

Ceasar

Ceasar

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 143 posts
On such a beautiful day like today...Ceasar would be enjoying every bit of it. He looks at me now like "Y can't  I run and play". Its been very hard to keep him calm and not in the mood for play when that is his nature...TO play like its nobodies business.  It often feel like im runnning on E....running out of options. But I know I cant lose my dog. Ceasar has been more than a pet top me for 2yrs and I'm not sure if I can function without him. I never want to find out, either.
King Ceasar

Ceasar

Ceasar

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 143 posts
I want readers and donaters to feel the passion and love I have for Ceasar. He is such a joy to everyone that knows him or that has come in contact with him. He soooo smart....he knows when his mommy is sad and worrying. He often just looks at me with his big brown eyes like "Y are you crying". I want to be strong and positive. I know I have to be in order to get through this. It was his and my destiny for him to go through this. But it is also OUR DESTINY to ge THRU this. And we will!!
King Ceasar

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
Hi Brittany,

Ceasar is such an adorable little boy.  I am so sorry to hear that he is sick.   Do the vets know what caused the leak?  

I imagine you are very stressed right now, but it's very nice of you to visit the other PINs and offer encouragement.  I will be heading over to donate for your little boy.  $3000 is a lot of money, but I know we can do it.

Take care,

Judy G.

Ceasar

Ceasar

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 143 posts

View PostJudy G, on 22 March 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

Hi Brittany,

Ceasar is such an adorable little boy.  I am so sorry to hear that he is sick.   Do the vets know what caused the leak?  

I imagine you are very stressed right now, but it's very nice of you to visit the other PINs and offer encouragement.  I will be heading over to donate for your little boy.  $3000 is a lot of money, but I know we can do it.

Take care,

Judy G.
  Thanx Judy!  They really don't know what casued the leak. It could have been a number of things such as us tugging back and forth on the leash. Im sincerely confused as to how this happened to him simply because he listens very well so he is hardly ever on a leash.  I am BEYOND stressed. But IMOM and its community has been very inspirational. I have faith that everything will work out. Thank you soooo much for your kind words and donation.

~Brittany (Ceasar's mommy)
King Ceasar

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
NEWS:  Ceasar has $95.00!   $3070 to go!  

Just a quick update!  Don't be discouraged....every dollar counts!  Little here and a little there will add up quickly!

Melissa/IMOM

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
I didn't realize this was Thorax....my girl (Sierra) had cylothorax surgery.   Oh my! She had to be drained every other day until we figured out what we were going to do. They wanted to do all these other things first and I was so adamant I just wanted surgery. I had to give her the only chance she had....

So hang in there, its a rough road....Thorax is tough and not common.  How do you know when Ceasar builds up cylo? I hope the vets are keeping a close eye on him while you raise the money!  

Keep posting! Tell us some fun things he likes to do, and tell us how he is right now.....what's he doing?  We like to feel like we are right there the pets in need!  All one big family! :)

Melissa

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,762 posts
sent a small donation to help Ceasar.
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Bina and Peda

Bina and Peda

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 162 posts
Hang in there Ceasar, it's a lot of money to raise, may take a day or two but it will happen

Donation sent

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors (A)
  • 448 posts
Ceasar - hang in there!  Come on IMOM Angles!  It's a lot of money but don't be discouraged - every donation does add up - we've seen it time and time again.  Please help this sweet little one!
Sarah/IMOM Board of Directors

Ceasar

Ceasar

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 143 posts
Good Day everyone!!

Today has been a long day for Ceasar and I. Ive been gone from home since 8:30am until now almost 5pm. He had to be in his little room with no chairs or bed so he wouldnt jump on anything.  I feel so sad he has to be  caged in a room. I know he's use to roaming free around the house. As soon as I got home, He was sitting right by the gate. Just looking with his Big Brown Eyes.  I often think He knows the sound of my footsteps or the sound of my keys.  I've been real careful these past days because the weather has been so nice. My grandmother's home is the place to come for all the family when its nice outside. Of course, everyone wants to know where Ceasar is and if he can play.  My reply "Ceasar cant play yet. We dont want his lung tube to collapse again." I cant wait til I can say " Yea Ceasar can play and run all he wants."  Nice days are typically our trip to the dog park day.  Soon and very soon I feel we will get back to our norma "nice day" routine.
King Ceasar

Ceasar

Ceasar

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 143 posts

View PostCatPaws, on 23 March 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

sent a small donation to help Ceasar.

Thank you very much!!
King Ceasar

Ceasar

Ceasar

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 143 posts

View PostBina and Peda, on 23 March 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

Hang in there Ceasar, it's a lot of money to raise, may take a day or two but it will happen

Donation sent

Thank you very much!! We have faith that everything will work out. IMOM and its community makes it feel even more possible.
King Ceasar

Ceasar

Ceasar

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 143 posts
The problem with Ceasar's condition  is I just don't know when it can happen again. I try an take every precaution to make sure that it doesn't happen, for the third time, again.  I pick him up to walk up an down stairs or getting in and out of the car. Its been so long, that Ceasar has gotten use to being picked up. He waits right at the steps and sort reaches out his two front arms so its easy for you to pick him up. I know he's tired of the way things are. Im almost tired of the way things are. But I look at every thing as being apart of your destiny. Unfortunately, this had to happen to him. In order for me to have to reach out to IMOM and its community for help. In turn, I hope he comes out healthy and just as hyper and happy as before. And I hope (know) I will meet kind, caring generous people that want to help a fellow animal lover and her baby!
King Ceasar

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 864 posts
Hi Brittany-
Ceasar is an adorable little moppet! I am so sorry he is sick. Try contacting all of the Maltese, Yorkie, and Morkie (what they usually call Maltese-Yorkie mixes) clubs and rescues, to see if they would be willing to post his link to their memberships.

Have you tried other organizations? Keep looking, and keep trying! Also, don't be embarrased to ask friends, family members, coworkers, members at your church, etc for a few dollars. If everyone you know would give a few dollars for your boy, it would add up! You are doing great posting about Ceasar, and his pics are so cute. He has alot to raise, so keep the faith and keep working at it!

Angels, if any of you can help this adorable boy, please do. Hoping we can make some headway in his fundraising over the weekend. A small donation from the Malcatraz Big Dogs is on it's way for little Ceasar. Brittany, please give him a gentle hug for me.

Vicky M

Ceasar

Ceasar

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 143 posts

View Postvickyimom, on 23 March 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

Hi Brittany-
Ceasar is an adorable little moppet! I am so sorry he is sick. Try contacting all of the Maltese, Yorkie, and Morkie (what they usually call Maltese-Yorkie mixes) clubs and rescues, to see if they would be willing to post his link to their memberships.

Have you tried other organizations? Keep looking, and keep trying! Also, don't be embarrased to ask friends, family members, coworkers, members at your church, etc for a few dollars. If everyone you know would give a few dollars for your boy, it would add up! You are doing great posting about Ceasar, and his pics are so cute. He has alot to raise, so keep the faith and keep working at it!

Angels, if any of you can help this adorable boy, please do. Hoping we can make some headway in his fundraising over the weekend. A small donation from the Malcatraz Big Dogs is on it's way for little Ceasar. Brittany, please give him a gentle hug for me.

Vicky M

Thank you Vicky M for the encouraging words. I've definately been asking any and everyone that I can. I am going to look in2 the maltese, yorkie clubs and rescues, Thanks for that thought.  Ceasar sends more kisses than you can imagine. Thank you again!

King Ceasar

Ceasar

Ceasar

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 143 posts
Ceasar LOVES this sweater!!  Silly Boy

Attached File  ceasar.jpg   135.42K   19 downloads
King Ceasar

Ceasar

Ceasar

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 143 posts
$185 so far....YAYYYY THANKS everyone that donated, left encouraging words, or those who just kept Ceasar in your prayers. We apprecite it! SOON and very SOON we will reach our GOAL.

~Brittany (Ceasar's mommy) and Ceasar
King Ceasar

Ceasar

Ceasar

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 143 posts
Good Day!
    Today is going to be a great Saturday! Ceasar and I are going to do a Lot of relaxing.  I decided not to go to a family wedding. I feel kind of bad for not going. But I know I would feel even more bad if I left Ceasar home for long period of time. Is that wrong/crazy? I dont know if people would invest as much time as i have on Ceasar. In regards to just catering to him in ways where I decide to doing things on the bases of only if Ceasar is not home alone for long period of time.  I know I do things others might or might not do or even think about. I guess thats just apart of being a pet owner??
    Ceasar has been having tough nights breathing. Im not sure if his late night meals and water have something to do with it. Im going to start a better food routine for him. Even though he is one picky eater and only eats when Im in the room.  Taking it day by day. Soon we will reach our goal. Thank you sooo very much to all those that stops by, donates, or leave encourgaing words.

~Brittany Dunn (Ceasar's mommy)
King Ceasar

Ceasar

Ceasar

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 143 posts
Its sooo hard not to play with Ceasar. Even a little tug a war turns in a full on play time. I know i have to be careful in how hyper i get him. I just Love it when he gets excited and runs around me like he's trying to get away.  I know its apart of me that feels guilty for keeping him closed off from alot of people. He LOVES to be Loved and  I know he misses the Love he recieves from my family and even our neighbors. Hopefully, IMOM and its community gives us the support and chance for Ceasar to get bac to his playful lifestyle. We still keeping the Faith!
King Ceasar

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,695 posts
Ceasar is a lucky boy to have you....Keep up the good work...have you been able to get any outside funding?

Did you check out

Red Rover, former UAN?

you can find them at - www.uan.org

scroll down to the middle and there is a section for financial help

If you have any trouble, let me know and I'll check out exactly what you have to do...I will also send over some other organizations that might have funding...

DO  try the other clubs...they might have some other ideas...

I don't know where you live...can you have a garage or yard sale?  It sure is warm here in Ohio...and it's a great way for neighbors and family to get their houses cleared out...

http://speakingforsp...Veterinary Care

Ceasar

Ceasar

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 143 posts

View PostJudy, on 24 March 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

Ceasar is a lucky boy to have you....Keep up the good work...have you been able to get any outside funding?

Did you check out

Red Rover, former UAN?

you can find them at - www.uan.org

scroll down to the middle and there is a section for financial help

If you have any trouble, let me know and I'll check out exactly what you have to do...I will also send over some other organizations that might have funding...

DO  try the other clubs...they might have some other ideas...

I don't know where you live...can you have a garage or yard sale?  It sure is warm here in Ohio...and it's a great way for neighbors and family to get their houses cleared out...

http://speakingforsp...terinary%20Care
  Hey Judy,
  Yes I have contacted Red Rover and they are not helping anyone at this time due to lack of funding. I've also tried Brown Dog and My dog Jake. Im still looking into the maltese and yorkie clubs. Unfortunately, I dont live in my own home right now. Every bite of valuables I have are in a whole other state. I've been trying to spread the word thru coworkers, facebook, twitter, and family. I feel like I've tried everything. But Im still out here looking for any form of help thats available. Thank you for your encouraging words They really help alot.

Brittany (Ceasar's mommy)
King Ceasar

Blitz

Blitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

View PostCeasar, on 24 March 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

Hey Judy,
  Yes I have contacted Red Rover and they are not helping anyone at this time due to lack of funding. I've also tried Brown Dog and My dog Jake. Im still looking into the maltese and yorkie clubs. Unfortunately, I dont live in my own home right now. Every bite of valuables I have are in a whole other state. I've been trying to spread the word thru coworkers, facebook, twitter, and family. I feel like I've tried everything. But Im still out here looking for any form of help thats available. Thank you for your encouraging words They really help alot.

Brittany (Ceasar's mommy)

Hi Brittany , hang in there kiddo , and no you are not crazy to stay home for the care of Ceasar. Its what good people do I'm quite sure no one would think less of you for missing a wedding to stay home and care for the little guy. I'm not really to well versed at all the organizations that are out there but try google to look everywhere type in help funds for animals , dog rescue, free vet help etc, any phrase that might turn up anything to do with your cause, you never know who is out there. Use Facebook , twitter and try looking for animal lover forums theres some out there I'm sure . Don't be afraid to jump right in there and tell the world what you need . The love you feel for Ceasar is worth more than any foolish pride believe me. My cat Blitz just had his suregery Thursday , thanks to people who I never even met and I'll tell you something else , places like IMOM and others are quite a boost for all of us who may not see all the good people have to offer on daily basis. The good thoughts and encouragement alone here are priceless. I wish you all the best for you and Ceasar, we will be praying for you both.

Edited by Blitz, 24 March 2012 - 07:36 PM.

mikken

mikken

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 281 posts
Donation sent to Ceasar!  I hope he feels better soon.

Ceasar

Ceasar

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 143 posts

View Postmikken, on 25 March 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

Donation sent to Ceasar!  I hope he feels better soon.

Thank you sooo very much!! I appreciate it more than you know!
King Ceasar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users