Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Tanner Surber - Foreign Body obstruction

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors (A)
  • 448 posts
Pet's name: Tanner Surber
Diagnosis: Foreign Body Obstruction
Amount of estimate: $1440.95
Owner Contribution: 50.00
IMOM 4% Operating Fund: 55.60
We need to raise:$1446.10 (1440.95 - 50 + 55.60)
Spayed or neutered: Yes
Caseworker: Sarah

Tanner has a foreign body obstruction. He first presented to the vet as having been poisoned by rat poison and with the help of a local resuce was sent home with treatment of vitamin K.   But yesterday he returned to the vet and was very sick - they did an x-ray and there is a foreign body in which surgery must be performed.  Tanner also needs a blood transfusion - his gums are very, very light.  Tanner was critical this morning and must have surgery ASAP. (or Yesterday)

From his mom:

My little dog Tanner is a true life saver!
I rescued him from people who were starving him. He has had a hard life for being just a year old. I'm his 3rd(and last)home, but through it all Tanner has given people nothing but unconditional love. Always there to put a smile on my face, a shoulder to

To donate to Tanner Surber, please go to:http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm
Please designate your gift to"GF-Tanner Surber". Every penny is appreciated to help this Pet InNeed.

If you want to donate directly to paypal you can use paypal@imom.org as the email address to donate to. Just please put in a note that you want your funds directed to Tanner Surber!

Remember to cross post and share if you can! The more we get the word out, the quicker Tanner can have surgery.

Thank you very much.
Sarah Rutledge
gf@imom.org

Attached Files

Sarah/IMOM Board of Directors

celayne

celayne

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 109 posts
Awww, this little guy has had a rough time of it until he found you, Sarah!

You'd be amazed at what can happen when the IMOM angels get involved.  Hang in there!

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Tanner has $105 in donations! Thank you to everyone who has helped this boy. We're on our way to All Funds Raised! :pp_animal_568:

Tanner still needs $1341 more. His condition is very urgent, so if you can, please make a donation of any amount by clicking here. Mark your gift "GF - Tanner Surber."

Bina and Peda

Bina and Peda

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 162 posts
Donation for Tanner sent.

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• 448 posts
Tanner's wonderful vet agreed to do the blood transfusion for $362!!  IMOM has pledged this money to get Tanner stablized for surgery while we try to raise the money needed.  Thanks so much to you wonderful Angels who have already donated!!!!  Thankfully Tanner made it through the night - but he's not doing well at all.  We're hopeful that the blood transfusion will help Tanner and give us the extra time needed to raise the money for surgery!

Thanks Angels!

Sarah

littlemds

littlemds
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Hello & Thank you to everyone who has donated to help my little man Tanner!!! I did not realize I needed to post more than once a day. Im hoping I did not mess up the chance to get help from your WONDERFUL charity - IMOM!  So to fill everyone in on how he's doing today: I had to be in court all day starting at 8a.m. till about a half hour ago. And of course worried about my boy the entire time! As soon as I could I went to see him & to my surprise he was doing much better!!! He was able to walk outside and potty with me. And for the first time in a week he didn't pass out when he saw me. You see tanner normally is a VERY energentic  puppy & since he fell ill anytime he get even a little excited he passes out. I'm not sure why, but it sure has been scary! The vet has given him a blood transfusion and hooked him up to I.V. fluids. I cant believe how much that has helped him. I'm going back to see him in an hour or so and will take some pics of him so the world can see my best friend. Once again THANK YOU IMOM & PEOPLE for helping to save his life!!! I'm unable to express whats in my heart with words...
Sincerly, Tanner & Monica

Ceasar

Ceasar

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 143 posts
Good luck with Tanner. I know the feeling of bewing scared and helpless. My Ceasar is the same way as Tanner. Very energetic and happy.  I pray that both our dogs can get back to normal. Good luck

Brittany (Ceasar mommy)
King Ceasar

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
Monica...WELCOME...so sorry to hear that you were in court all day...but, now that you're here we'll begin working for Tanner...

We really need to see how quickly we can raise funds...

Did you mention you live in Northern California?  Can you have a yard sale or a bake sale?  

Can you ask for early birthday presents, even beg for early Christmas presents...I"m trying to type and think at the same time...

Tell us stories about this sweet boy...you mentioned you are his third owner...THANK YOU for taking him in.....

Here is a link to other groups that might have fund and can help...you have all your IMOM paperwork...so you're halfway to an application.....

http://www.humanesoc...ording_pet.html

GOOD LUCK...Judy

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,891 posts
Rough month for the budget, but sending a small donation.  Every dollar helps, right?  

Love to Tanner.
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
how is Tanner doing?  Keep posting as much as possible-people do read your post! Facebbook, etc......i told everyone to go to IMIM.org to read my Zoes story,and they sent it to their friends. You can make your goal- it will take some work though!!!! good luck and i will pray for Tanner. My zoe just got out of surgery last evening! Miracles do exist! and so do ANGELS!!!!

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 866 posts
*Hello & Thank you to everyone who has donated to help my little man Tanner!!! I did not realize I needed to post more than once a day. Im hoping I did not mess up the chance to get help from your WONDERFUL charity - IMOM!*

We're still here Monica - waiting for you to tell us more about your sweet Tanner! It's an IMOM requirement to post a minimum of once a day (24 hours) - and you are getting close to that mark again....your last post was yesterday evening. Some folks think they are only "allowed" to post once a day - not the case at all! Once a day is just the MINIMUM REQUIREMENT TO AVOID CASE CLOSURE. The more posts - the better! So please post alot about Tanner - tell us your stories about him, we'd love to see more pics if you have them, etc.  so, please post to the max and tell us about your boy. And please give him a hug from his friends at IMOM.

Vicky M

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
Monica...I hope that Tanner had a good day today after the blood transfusion.....I can't wait to hear what updates you have....

Bravo to you for taking that sweet boy in when he needed a home that would love him...THANK YOU...

Blitz

Blitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

View PostJudy, on 23 March 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

Monica...I hope that Tanner had a good day today after the blood transfusion.....I can't wait to hear what updates you have....

Bravo to you for taking that sweet boy in when he needed a home that would love him...THANK YOU...

Hi folks just wanted to check in and see how Tanners case is progressing, What a cute little dog . I have'nt seen too many updates from his owner and I was hoping and praying everything is ok?

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
can anyone update us on this lil guy????

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,920 posts

View Postdmmwilke, on 24 March 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

can anyone update us on this lil guy????
I just spoke with the vet.  Tanner is doing better and is going home today!  They ended up not doing the transfusion after all - they suspect he may have come in contact with rat poison but he's eating well.   The donations received will go toward his tests and hospitalization charges.  We really appreciate all the help given to Tanner despite his owner's absence.  Thank you, angels!

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

littlemds

littlemds
  • Members
  • 3 posts
This is Tanners mom, Monica. And I am begging you to not give up on me and my baby?! Please try to remember my dog is my life and when he got sick so did I. I spent 2-3hrs writing to everyone yesterday. Its a great story. And as my luck would have it my internet got shut off for non payment. You see I've been so scared about my baby dying I almost cant breathe. I thought I was following your rules I posted once everyday like I was told to, but now I'm finding out more was expected of me than what was in the rules . PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't make my dog suffer because you dont believe in me. I was in the hospital over night due to stress. PLEASE GIVE US (ME)TWO MORE DAYS TO SHOW YOU I CAN DO IT AND MORE!? I was printing out 300 fliers  to place around town asking for donations of any kind. So I not just sitting here on my tush waiting for someone to do all the work for us. I'm not that kind of woman and I never will be. Once again please don't give up on our little family, we need you.

Sincerely, Monica & Tanner

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
Monica, I'm so sorry to read that you have been sick...I can understand how stressful and worrisome it is when a beloved pet becomes ill...

It sounds as if Tanner is doing much much better...so that is a wonderful thing...

Your caseworker Sarah is a wonderful person and I am sure that they have been communicating with you via email...send them an email to tell them what is going on...They don't always come to the forum to check read things...

Once you read this write them an email to tell them what has been happening to you.

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,920 posts
No one changed any rules.  We could have closed this case last night but we didn't.  However, once treatment is complete, fund-raising ends.  We're glad we were able to provide funds for Tanner to remain hospitalized until he was able to go home and hope he continues to improve.

Questions can be directed to the financial aid committee at gf @ imom. org (remove spaces).  

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• 448 posts
Thanks IMOM Angels for your very wonderful donations!  I'm so thrilled that Tanner is getting better and ready to be released to go home.  You guys are so awesome to have helped make this possible.   And the vet was amazing too - continuing to care for Tanner with out payment outside of IMOM and keeping Tanner going.  We'll use the donations to pay some of Tanner's bill.  You guys rock!!

Ceasar

Ceasar

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 143 posts

View Postlittlemds, on 24 March 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

This is Tanners mom, Monica. And I am begging you to not give up on me and my baby?! Please try to remember my dog is my life and when he got sick so did I. I spent 2-3hrs writing to everyone yesterday. Its a great story. And as my luck would have it my internet got shut off for non payment. You see I've been so scared about my baby dying I almost cant breathe. I thought I was following your rules I posted once everyday like I was told to, but now I'm finding out more was expected of me than what was in the rules . PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't make my dog suffer because you dont believe in me. I was in the hospital over night due to stress. PLEASE GIVE US (ME)TWO MORE DAYS TO SHOW YOU I CAN DO IT AND MORE!? I was printing out 300 fliers  to place around town asking for donations of any kind. So I not just sitting here on my tush waiting for someone to do all the work for us. I'm not that kind of woman and I never will be. Once again please don't give up on our little family, we need you.

Sincerely, Monica & Tanner

Good Luck Monica with everything. I know exactly how you felt when you found out Tanner was sick. Probably the same reaction I had when I found out about my baby Ceasar. Im glad that the help you needed, you recieved. My prayers are with You and Tanner. Speedy Rercovery!!!

~Brittany (Ceasar's mommy)~
King Ceasar

Blitz

Blitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

View PostCeasar, on 24 March 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

Good Luck Monica with everything. I know exactly how you felt when you found out Tanner was sick. Probably the same reaction I had when I found out about my baby Ceasar. Im glad that the help you needed, you recieved. My prayers are with You and Tanner. Speedy Rercovery!!!

~Brittany (Ceasar's mommy)~

Hi Monica , I believe I saw here that Tanner got his hands on some Rat poison. As it turns out I am a well versed Pest Technician and if I could offer some advise, you may want to monitor him on his walks or when he is in the yard. It is very common for rodents to translocate rat poison bait blocks, they may have been carrying one to thier burrow or eating it when they got spooked and ran off leaving it behind.
Also check to see if any neighbors nearby are having Pest Elimination done on thier property , if so those bait blocks are required by law to be in rat poison container that conceals the block in such a way that only a rat or mouse can get into the container and the block can only be eaten while they are in there so they cannot translocate the bait. Someone nearby is using this bait for sure , A rat or mouse will not usually wander more than a feww hundred feet from thier burrow unless they have been displaced. If you would like to know what theses bait blocks look like I will post a link below so you can keep an eye out for it in your yard . The first 2 links are 2 of the more popular rodenticides , if you google it you'll see more pics of various bait blocks.

If you do find the source of the bait I suggest you find out the company that is servicing this account and notify them immediately. These produts when not used properly can be deadly to pets as well as children ! I strongly recommend you report any careless usage of these products.

http://www.amazon.co...c/dp/B007A60AMA

http://www.bonanza.c...Blocks/45768543

Edited by Blitz, 24 March 2012 - 07:59 PM.

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
it is march 27th- is Tanner okay???? havent heard from tanners mom or anyone..... Are we still rallying?

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• 448 posts

View Postdmmwilke, on 27 March 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

it is march 27th- is Tanner okay???? havent heard from tanners mom or anyone..... Are we still rallying?

No this case is now closed.  Tanner is home with his mom.  Thanks to all who donated!!  Although they did not do the blood transfusion, IMOM will be paying for the treatment that was performed up to the amount raised because the very wonderful vet kept treating Tanner and was able to bring him back to health.  We haven't gotten a lot of details about Tanner's recovery - but I'm nearly certain that if he wasn't better and needed more treatment we'd be hearing from him Mom.  In the meantime we'll just have to send our love for Tanner out into the universe and know he knows that some VERY VERY WONDERFUL SWEET ANGELS worked very hard to help him get better.

Thanks again everyone - you truly are the best.  We don't always hear from the owners as much as we would appreciate - but if their pets could talk - you have no doubt what they would say. ......"give me a belly rub!". : )

Sarah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users