Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Zoe Wilke - All Funds Raised!

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
picking up a new prescription for zoe tomorrow. Tuesday we take her to be checked out and Thursday is the day!!!!she is soooo lovable, cant wait till she feels 100% again.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,697 posts
How is Zoe doing?  I imagine that the meds have really done their thing and she's feeling much better AND I hope that the mass looks better...I'm sure the swelling and infection has changed for the better!!

I hope you are feeling much better also...

Hoping for a wonderful report from the vet tomorrow...and let's hope that Zoe's surgery is FIRST thing Thursday morning...as I mentioned before I'm not a patient one waiting for news.....

Hang in there, we are on the way to feeling GOOD again...YAY Zoe...

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
she is barking at every squirrel ,butterfly,and leaf that goes by. Doing well. Picked up her prescription.must be working---i found her on the couch just now,when i went to see what they are barking at!!! she hasnt been able to get up there for a while.....this is awesome! although Dan will not be happy-WHO CARES!!! MY baby puppy is feeling better!!!!!!thats all that counts!

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
you know who you are..... maybe you donated to help Zoe, or maybe you followed her story, or stayed up with me on many sleepness nights. Maybe you are my neighbor, a friend, a co-worker ,a friend of a friend or relative. Maybe you are a total stranger that saw Zoe's story and  I will never meet...............................forever you are in my heart!:waycool: :thanks3:

celayne

celayne

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 108 posts
I'm so glad to know that Zoe is feeling better.  I love imagining her sneaking onto the couch!

Brandy G

Brandy G

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

View Postdmmwilke, on 18 March 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

picking up a new prescription for zoe tomorrow. Tuesday we take her to be checked out and Thursday is the day!!!!she is soooo lovable, cant wait till she feels 100% again.

Here's hoping for a good report from the vet tomorrow! :luck:
Brandy G
From the Heart Rescue
www.fthar.org

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
I told Zoe she was going bye bye this afternoon, didnt get the response i wanted-but we will see. I will not be able to get back to you right after the vet because we are going to see Dans grandmother in the hospital! will check in this evening! All will be well- i have a good feeling!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,697 posts
Just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you and Zoe all day today...hoping the vet check went well and all is set for Thursday AM.....

Did Zoe like her car ride or did she know what she was in store for?

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
Zoe enjoyed the car ride,but Jessie was very sad because she didnt get to go too! Zoe did very well.she does have a staph infection also,but she is on medicine for that. We drop her off at 8:30 thursday and the surgery is around 1p.m. !she said it will take a few hours. I am going to go into work for the hour as long as all goes well. the vet said not to stay there and we may not be able to see her-if she gets too excited it will not be good for her. so sad!!!!so heres to thursday!!!!!:wacko: going crazy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,697 posts
Good report...everything under control and managed...

I know you'll want to see Zoe but if her surgery is at 1 pm and will take a couple of hours she is going to be very groggy in the evening...I am guessing that she will have to spend the night...

don't forget her blanket, towel or tee shirt...or combination there of so she had the families scent on it for her when she wakes up.....

I know that you want her home with you but the first night I think would be good spent at the clinic...she'll be recovering and then in the AM much more ready to see her family and come home.....

I can't wait for tomorrow to come....

Thank you for posting on Mini's thread...the support of others from IMOM are SO helpful to the new people...

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
I understand how scary and frantic it is to do this for the first time...so I might not be able to give money right now, but i thought maybe a prayer and letting them know you are here to listen. You and the others are what got me through! I am forever grateful. I am giving her food at 6 p.m. as normal and picking up whatever she doesnt eat before midnight. we are all ready to go!

tuckersmom

tuckersmom
  • Members
  • 5 posts
I will be thinking of Zoe all day today, especially from 1 PM on.  She is in wonderful hands so try not to worry about that part. She will be home soon with you and you can just love her up and down!   Update when you can, I know I will be waiting.  Love from your coworker & my beloved Tucker

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,697 posts
Positive thoughts and prayers today for our Miss Zoe....we are here waiting and worrying right along with you....can't wait to hear that Zoe is GOOD and out in recovery.....

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
Thank you soooo very much to my friend and coworker.I still find it so ironic and supercool that we were talking at work and then you realized i was Zoes mom. you are such a sweetheart and i am so glad i met you! thanks for all of the support- we are getting ready to take maddy to school and drop Zoe off. I packed her stuff and we are ready to go ! My poor little girl. i will keep in touch.

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
thanks Judy!

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
just spoke to the vet and zoe had her ekg which was excellent! she is getting sedated and will be getting ready to have her surgery. I will tell you that when we got to the vet this morning , not only did she jump onto the back seat- but then she jumped over the seat to get out!!!this girl was moving. it is sad that she will have to go backwards a little, but in the end she will be good as new!!!

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
Zoe just got out of surgery at 3p.m.!  it was a 2 hr.surgery.she is doing well-the mass was very large and a pretty substantial blood loss due to where the location of the mass  was. she is just starting to wake up and they will move her to recovery. the dr. said she will be in alot of pain and the next 5 days are crucial to watch for infection. I will tell you i am a lot scared for when she comes home. when it is my own children i dont handle sickness as well as i can with someone elses kids. we have her huge cage upstairs so she doesnt move alot when ashe gets home. they will call me in a little while during recovery. thank you for all your thoughts and prayers!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,697 posts
She's in recovery...and you are going to be GREAT with Zoe...you will baby her just like she needs and each day she is going to get better and better.

I am sure that she will have to wear a cone around her neck to keep her away from the incision...she'll probably be on pain pills and antibiotics...and she's going to need to be in the create for a few days to keep her quiet...then the will start feeling more like herself each day...

I'm figuring she'll stay the night tonight for sure...might even stay on Friday...but that's a good thing.  I know you'll miss her, but she'll be safe and sound....til she can come back home to her family again...will check back later to see what's happening...Hugs, Judy

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
judy i have a question for you

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
all of a sudden they want to send zoe home tonight. i am scared of this -yet they tell me that noone will be with her tonight at the vet, sothey sre afraid of her pulling out her iv.  dan is very upset too. on one hand i do not want her being by herself. on the other hand is she ready to come home?

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,697 posts
Maryann, I can't speak for the vet...but...here's a few questions I would ask them...

Does she have a "cone" on her head?  Isn't she groggy from the anesthetic?

IF she does come home she will absolutely have to be crated...and I'm guess she won't be able to walk too well...as she is still under the effects of the surgery...

I would ask to talk to the vet only...not just the girls at the front desk...if you can think of any questions besides what I wrote...do ask....

She is going to have trouble standing to go potty....get a large towel and "sling" it under her belly, you will be able to support her weight and help her go potty.....she might just have to go pee pee anyway...I can't imagine she has any food in her.....

I think at this point...if they answer your questions you can do it...BUT, DO crate her...for her safety.....

I'm going to be home for about 45 more minutes...I'll check back to see what they say.....were they planning on her coming home tomorrow anyway?

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
they had originally told me that she would be coming home tomorrow and i was going to pick her up when dan got home from work. with me just getting out of the hospital im not the strongest yet. she is inan  oversized cage.(thank goodness our jessie dog was trained in this years ago and we kept it!she was given an extra lg cone.....she hates it! we remove it when she eats.a shirt is wrapped around her backwards because she wont be able to get to her incision and she is still bleeding a good amount. she has 2 lg drains in her to let the goop out.  she is shaved and looks pretty bad....my poor poor angel.we keep telling her good girl because she thinks she did something wrong since she is not used to the cage.  2-3 weeks before she will feel better. 6-8 months before it heals.  on heavy pain pill  and antibiotics. she should sleep alot, but when i was in the hospital i went 40 hours without sleep. just keep praying , i believe it is helping!!!!  we also have to put warm compresses on her.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,697 posts
I know it sounds awful but what I've read is all normal.....the drains are a good thing...AND, if you have any questions or worries at all...call the vet clinic and ask...a telephone call is free.....

I know that Zoe doesn't like it...but, it's for her own good...you must be strong...for her sake...

I'm hoping she sleeps the whole week end...less stress for you and that's a good thing for her....and the tee shirt is a good idea...you know how they can wiggle and squirm and you don't want her to irritate the incision.

I'll be checking in to see how things are going...GOOD LUCK...

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
thank you soooo much!!!!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,697 posts
Tonight and tomorrow might not be the best but I figure by Sunday she's going to start feeling somewhat better...they are so resilient...

If you're worried post, I'm going to bed now but will be up bright and early....don't forget if you're nervous tomorrow call the clinic and tell them what's going on....

you are going to have "goop" coming out of the drain, that's what it's for...but, if it's different that what they told you to expect...write it down and keep the list by your telephone when you call...make notes as I always forget what they tell me as soon as I hang up the phone.....

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
Zoe looks sooo very sad. that is probably the hardest part. i cant wait till she feels better! she did very well through the night! i HAVE to run a few erronds this morning,but I just gave her the meds , so she will sleep!i will update soon.

tuckersmom

tuckersmom
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Hang in there! I agree, everything sounds normal. She needs to get through this rough spot. as do you, to get to where she is totally recovery.

All of Judy's suggestions are awesome, we did these also when my boxer babies had surgeries. And DO CALL if you have problems, they are very willng to be helpful. Best luck! Thinking of you!

Huckleberry Hound

Huckleberry Hound

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 366 posts
Pacing..... Pacing.....Pacing  

concerned we didn't get a report last night.  Hope Zoe is feeling a little better and pain is being managed.
surprised to hear she was sent home so soon, but if nobody would be at the clinic overnight, it probably was wise.  I'm sure she was happier being at her own home anyway.  

Hi Maddy!  I hope you are taking good care of Zoe.
Pick the Adoption Option - Rescue One in Need

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
Dan just took her to the vet for her follow-up! I stayed home today with Maddy, I am drained, and my engine light came on in my car(the last time that happened it cost $3000 we dont have).when it rains it pours! Zoe is the Houdini of dogs! she managed to get out of the t-shirt we keep on her and she fights us when we put it on again. I think this may mean she is feeling better, but today she sprung a leak, i cant tell if it is her drain or from her stiches-but thank goodness she is going to the vet. I may not post till later- i have to take my car up toautozone to be put through that diagnostic testing. and i have s sooooooooo much housework to catch up on , and of course my carpets need cleaned. I will be real honest with you- i am too tired to do any of it!Maddy has been such a great big help- although she laughs hysterically when i am trying to get Zoes shirt on.......i imagine i probably look amusing since zoe is winning the fight. She also spit her medicine out for the first time this morning, and tried to bite Dan!!! That is not our Zoe dog. i guess she feels she is DONE with the medicine- i dont know.  My very active pup is wanting to be outside and run and play....while mommy just wants to go to bed!! I will let Maddy come on a little later- i was hoping to get her to the mall to see the Easter Bunny this morning- radio disney will be there and she loves trying to win prizes!!!! she is still asleep-so dont know if that will happen either.I am trying so hard to be the perfect mom for ALL of my children,maybe i should turn to coffee! see you in a little bit! I keep watching the other post( see, ive been on) and i am nervous not to hear from a few  that are in need of alot of money....i know how streeful it was when i did it with Zoe, and i lived on my computer. I am getting worried for them,havent seen very many post- do we know if the dogs are okay?????

tuckersmom

tuckersmom
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Hang in there! it will get better! don't worry about being perfect, that is God's job anyway, we can only do our best in these situations & some days

it is just darn hard! Can you put Zoe's meds in a bit of a goodie? maybe a bit of soft cheese or something like that? Tucker likes that much better than when I have to just put it down his throat. Just a thought. I hope things are OK with the leakage. Tucker had alot of that from his wound. This time will pass and your life will be back to its usual pattern. Take a deep breath, know there are people thinking of you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users