Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Zoe Wilke - All Funds Raised!

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts
Diagnosis: Necrotic Abdominal Mass
Low end of estimate:  $2010
Less applicant contribution: -$0 (owner has exhausted all funds)
Needed for low end of  estimate: $2010
4% for IMOM operating  expenses: $80
Fundraising goal:  $2090
Spayed: Yes

Zoe is a 9 year old Lab/Spaniel Mix who was diagnosed with an Abdominal mass and secondary infection.

This mass is necrotic-this means the tissue is dying and could turn into gangrene.

This gal is in trouble and needs surgery ASAP to remove this mass or she will not make it. Zoe is suffering, despite being on pain meds.

We really need to make this happen and get that ugly mass out of her, no later than Monday morning.

Donations of any size can be made at our Donations page, please mark your gift "Zoe Wilke" or if you prefer our PayPal address is paypal@imom.org

We need your help Angels, we need to give Zoe a chance at a continued life.

If you can't donate, you can still  help. Please share Zoe's Forum page on all those Social Networking Sites and with all your friends.

Thank you all so much for helping our Pets In Need.

Tammy-IMOM

Please meet Zoe!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Welcome...I had read about Zoe in your Introduction post...

Did you get her at the Parma, Ohio Animal Shelter?  I have a friend who does fund raising there...have you contacted the shelter to see if they might be able to help?  Or, give you some ideas on fund raising or groups that might help??

Once you answer, I am going to write to my friend to see if she has any ideas...

How about Dick Goddard??

The best thing you can do right now is post, post and keep on posting...the angels are reading and we have to get some momentum going right now to get the funds raised for Monday...

Tell stories about Zoe...how she got her name, her bond with Jessie, her family, her favorite toy, special places she likes to go...

The angels are always reading...even when they don't post.....

We are here for you and Zoe and will work hard with you to try to get funds raised...

Here are some groups that might have funding also...check them out, the more help the better...GOOD LUCK!!!  Judy

By the way, I live 35 miles east of Cleveland...

http://speakingforsp...Veterinary Care

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Oh my, $2090 is a lot of money.....  but I don't think Zoe has much of a choice. We have to help!  I even had to ask what "necrotic abdominal mass" meant.   When told "tissue is dying and could turn into gangrene" I freaked out too.  Hey just being honest..... ack!  ZOE NEEDS HELP!

Can't wait to learn more about Zoe.

Remember, if you can't donate, sharing/cross posting is super helpful.  You never know who might see it and be able to help out.  Zoe's link: http://www.imom.org/...?showtopic=8300

Thanks IMOM Angels.  Let's do our best to make this a special weekend for Zoe and her family! We appreciate all your help and support.

Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 09 March 2012 - 02:03 PM.

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
I did get Zoe at the Parma Animal shelter.... she was 18 months old when we fell in love with her. Maddy,our daughter , played with her and took such a liking to her that we had to adopt her.   She is so playful....when it snowed on Monday she went outside to go potty with her "green St,Pattys day shade" on and shoveled through the snow as usual (minus the shade) and she came in to look for me and suprised me with a shade full of snow that she just had to throw at me with her shade. I love her and Jessie took such a liking to her that now she has sympothy pains for her. she lays next to her and keeps a close watch... i will try everything i can to get donations and to help her. thank you for your kind words -please keep zoe in your prayers!!!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
I don't know if you are on facebook or not but if you are it's one of the best ways to get Zoe's story out there...copy IMOM's link to Zoe's fundraising page and put it up on your wall...ask your friends to share and crosspost and to tell their friends to do the same...

I am going to copy Zoe's story and send it to my friend that volunteers for the Parma Animal Shelter...it can't hurt, can it??

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts

View PostJudy, on 09 March 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

I don't know if you are on facebook or not but if you are it's one of the best ways to get Zoe's story out there...copy IMOM's link to Zoe's fundraising page and put it up on your wall...ask your friends to share and crosspost and to tell their friends to do the same...

I am going to copy Zoe's story and send it to my friend that volunteers for the Parma Animal Shelter...it can't hurt, can it??

thank you... i appreciate evry bit of help i can get. her favorite treats are the big bone shaped treats that are peanut butter ect..from pet supplies plus.her favorite toy is her blankie..and her dads ohio state blanket that she actually pulled out of the clean clothes basket herself and laid on it next to our bed....we laighed so hard! she loves to chase squirrels and butterflies and thinks she is tougher than the many deer that visit our backyard. she gets up on the couch the minute her daddy walks out the door(she isnt allowed) but knows as she hears his car down the street to get down right away..A smart girl-funny too! she can say I love you ' and sometimes it sounds like something not so nice!!! Maddy thinks she better than sliced bread- so if you are listening please give us more time with our baby!!!

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts
Fund Update:

So far Zoe has received $135 in donations.  We are off to a good start.

Thank you to all those who have donated and shared Zoe's story.
:bravo:

Remember that no amount is ever to small, $5, $10 could make a difference in the life of a Pet In Need.

What do you say we all skip those fancy coffees, bag our lunch next week and raid those couch cushions!

Let's get this sweet baby her surgery. I know we can make this happen here!

Tammy-IMOM

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
So how did this all happen with Zoe?  Did it just come on quickly or?  

Melissa

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
I just checked Facebook to see if my friend had seen my post...not yet...she's usually on there early in the morning...

Where is the surgery going to be done?  

Zoe sounds like such a sweet, sweet girl...plus, she's an Ohio State Fan...

When I was checking my facebook page I was so proud to see even a friend from Germany had shared Zoe's story...so she is not International...

Let's get busy and post, post, post and then post some more...SHARE and CROSS POST...and of course, if you can DONATE.....

Zoe is in need of HELP....she is in PAIN and she needs fixed up...so...IMOM angels, we've never let a PIN down...and this one needs help sooner than later...please...

I'm with Melissa...I don't know a thing about the problem she has...can you tell us about it...and what does your vet say about the situation...

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
she had fatty tumors.our vet atthe time told us that we shouldnt worry because she could have surgery but that it was more harmful to have surgery than not.  she never winced or cried and i noticed a boil like spot on her lower belly. it seemed to have gone away and then on Saturday she was lying down and i saw a huge hole in her lower back side that looked like a crater. it had ooze coming out. we immediately called emergency hospitals and they told us it would be at least $100.00 just to be seen . we dont have money like that,everything goes to bills. on Monday first thing i called everywhere to see if someone could please see her and bill us. I was given the name of givepetsachance.org who was willing to pay for the vet visit to see what we can do.another organization quickly came in and offered to pay for the antibiotics and pain medication.  The vets recommended this site and said the people involved are wonderful. and you are.  I dont know who donates or how much, i just know every bit counts. we are good people that have been hit with some bad times and i dont want my puppy( yes, although she is 8 -she is still my puppy) to suffer. I am trying to post a picture of the family from christmas and one of her with snow on her shade but we havent figured out how to attach. we have made numerous phone calls, postings on facebook to ask for donations.......she needs the surgery pretty quick and i am so nervous! it is nice to know there are people out there who care and i am grateful to those of you that want to hear Zoes story.....one thing that is her favorite thing to do -go byebyes!! even when going to the vet, she saw her leash and was in the car before us!!!!! we call her CRAZY DOG!!!!! she will run down the hallway and turn around and run back again over and over again.if you can tell us how to post pictures we will!!!!

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
the infection must be drained and we need to get it out of her... it is nacronic which means dead tissues around the skin. it can lead to gangrene. the vet is at north royalton animal hospital and told us it is absolutely needed to have this surgery.that is why we are begging for assistance.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
So it sounds like one of those Fatty tumors turned ugly. :( Oh my......

You tell her that you are doing everything possible to make this happen. And we are all pulling for her.  Tell her to hang in there.....

Is she eating ok? Fluids?   We worry alot around this community....

(((HUGS)))  Head up, we can do this!!!  

$1955 left to go! To Donate go to: http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm! Thank you!

Melissa/IMOM

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts

View PostMelissa IMOM, on 09 March 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

So it sounds like one of those Fatty tumors turned ugly. :( Oh my......

You tell her that you are doing everything possible to make this happen. And we are all pulling for her.  Tell her to hang in there.....

Is she eating ok? Fluids?   We worry alot around this community....

(((HUGS)))  Head up, we can do this!!!  

$1955 left to go! To Donate go to: http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm! Thank you!

Melissa/IMOM

she is eating ok and drinking more now with the meds....she has been lying around and sleeping but that is to be expected.she still does some of her normal routine with her mommy! so that is great!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Oh....what a wonderful post...GREAT JOB...opening up, telling your stories about Zoe and communicating...that's what counts...the angels read and see the love you have for her...

BRAVO to the groups that have stepped up to help you...

And, I know that the Emergency Vet Clinics and the specialty clinics here in the Cleveland area are $1,000.00 just to walk in the door...then add the treatment...

I also know that times are tough...Cleveland is a blue collar city...and the areas around it have been hit HARD by the economic situation...I am not taking away from the other areas but it's tough right now here in Ohio...

I can just see Zoe being happy to go bye bye...that brings tears to my eyes...let's tell her that she's going to go bye by and feel better too!!!  Can't we help?

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 864 posts
Welcome to IMOM. Zoe is such a pretty girl, and the stories about her are great! Angels, if you can help this pretty girl, please do! She's only 8 years young!

Zoe's Mom - you have alot of money to raise for your baby (and are doing a good job posting!) please remember to contact other orgs too, a listing can be found here :  http://www.imom.org/.../others.htm  if more organizations can help pitch in some for Zoe, the faster she can get all fixed up! So please apply to the others as quickly as you can.

Looking forward to hearing if other orgs can help too, and also to hearing more stories about your sweet Zoe girl.

Vicky M

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Vicky had a great idea...and since you already have all of your paperwork in order from applying to IMOM you're halfway thru the application...

I know that sometimes

Red Rover (formerly United Animal Nation) has funds and they might be able to help...you can do a quick Internet search to find them...

also...the link that Vicky posted might have some ideas there also...

and, perhaps the places that have helped you so far might help with the surgery...I know it's overwhelming but we are here for you to lean on...we understand and we care...if we can answer questions, just ask...

posting is important but just tell us you have to leave the forum to try to raise funds...we'll certainly understand that...

Again, GOOD LUCK...take a deep breath and just start in...we're with you 100% of the way...Judy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
What exactly is the situation?  IMOM posted that Zoe needs surgery on Monday...

What is the vet saying is happening?  I know she's on pain meds and she's being monitored...this sounds pretty serious to me...

Are you in touch with the clinic and can give them updates on the funds as they are updated?  Have they scheduled surgery for Monday and if so what time?

This will give us help on seeing what we have to do and how much time we have to do it in.....

We certainly don't want this girl in pain one second longer than it takes to raise the funds...I am worried...I have never really heard of this but it sounds painful and distressing to me...

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts

View PostJudy, on 09 March 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

What exactly is the situation?  IMOM posted that Zoe needs surgery on Monday...

What is the vet saying is happening?  I know she's on pain meds and she's being monitored...this sounds pretty serious to me...

Are you in touch with the clinic and can give them updates on the funds as they are updated?  Have they scheduled surgery for Monday and if so what time?

This will give us help on seeing what we have to do and how much time we have to do it in.....

We certainly don't want this girl in pain one second longer than it takes to raise the funds...I am worried...I have never really heard of this but it sounds painful and distressing to me...

they told us first we need blood taken,cultures and x-rays before we can do the surgery. that is why time is so critical...there are a few steps....

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
the vet told me to call back on monday to see where we are at. i guess they need to know if the funds will be there. leaving for a few to go feed my babies!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
We can work hard all week end to get the funds needed so Monday Zoe will be set to go...get to the vet, get the testing done and get that surgery done...

We can do this...we have all of tonight and two more days.....then when Zoe's Momma has to call the vet she can say that we are good to go.....how's that sound for a plan??  I'm liking it...

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
i have been trying other organizations such as red rover etc...  to quote a popular band of the eighties  "the waiting is the hardest part"...thanks for keeping me calm. i must go for a while and elevate my legs.thank you

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
Just wanted to let you know I am up at the crack of dawn so I go to bed early...don't want you to think I'm not checking in...know that I'll be with you later tonight in spirit and bright and early before any one else is up I'll be checking in with a post to see how things are going for you and Zoe...

Tomorrow I'll check in first thing in the morning and then I'll be out until close to noon...then a quick check in and out for the afternoon...again, don't you to think I'm not interested...it's the TOTAL OPPOSITE...I'm with you for the week end...

I hope there are a lot of angels reading IMOM and FACEBOOK tonight...Zoe's Momma is doing a GREAT JOB of posting and trying to find other funds for Zoe...

Let's be here for them...

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Angels, Zoe has $135 in donations (thank you!!!!) but she has a ways go to. She still needs $1955.

She really needs to have surgery on Monday. Zoe's vet noted that the abdominal mass is severely infected and ruptured. This is a very serious condition and it is crucial that the mass be removed before infection spreads any further through Zoe's system.

I realize that the fundraising goal is a big number. But if we can all chip away at it, Zoe will be at All Funds Raised before we know it. I know we can do this.:pp_animal_568:

Please, if you can, make a donation of any size. It will truly make a difference. Click here to donate, and mark your gift "GF - Zoe Wilke."

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
I gave zoe her medicine a little while ago...this usually makes her sleepy. I will be going to bed soon also because we have a routine and my baby sleepson the floor next to me. Tomorrow is another day and i just know there are plenty of angels out there wanting to support zoe's need.Please know that i truly appreciate each of you and am grateful that you are now in my life! Zoe needs this and we need her to remain in our life>thank you and goodnight!

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
a note to leave you with..... when zoe was younger she proved she was a female through and through!  I accidentally left a bag of Dove chocolates on my nightstand.  well................found the bag turned inside out and found chocolate all over someones(who should remain nameless) mush!!! guess who???????????????????????????????????????? she was up for a long time that night......looking for more i would imagine! to say the least we learned our lesson.She just had to eat my dove-but do you think she read the messages inside of each one? As her mom, i wouldnt put it past her- she is just that SMART!!!!

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

Final Update for this evening.

We have received $180 in donations for Zoe!  IMOM Angels are simply the best folks around.

I know we can reach our goal by Monday morning! Please continue to share Zoe's forum page with all your friends and Social Networking sites.

Let's get the word out far and wide that this baby needs our help.

Time to raid those piggy banks. Remember that no amount is ever too small.

I know we can make this happen Angels!

Tammy-IMOM

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
just got up because zoe wasnt in my room...found her sleeping next to her daddy ( he has the flu and is on the couch  )....she is soooooooooooooooo very compassionate.......oh hi baby(she is checking to see what mommy is doing )......time to go back to bed....c u later today.....

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,974 posts
I'm up bright and early this morning and I'm posting now as I'll be out all morning and want everyone to know that Zoe needs up...plain and simple...her Momma is doing a GREAT JOB posting...and she's searching for help out side of IMOM...it's the week end...and sometimes it's quiet here on the forum so I want Zoe's Momma to make sure that she knows she's not alone...

Did you read what Laurie from IMOM wrote??  Just in case you missed it - here it is

"She really needs to have surgery on Monday. Zoe's vet noted that the abdominal mass is severely infected and ruptured. This is a very serious condition and it is crucial that the mass be removed before infection spreads any further through Zoe's system."

This is SERIOUS...and needs attended to on MONDAY...Zoe's Momma found help for the initial vet visit...assistance to get her meds for over the week end...now...she's working hard to make this surgery happen...

Can we help?  Don't think that your donation would be too small...anything will help...were you going to go to Dunkin Donuts this morning?  Perhaps you could just have a nice cup of coffee and breakfast at home today...I know I'm going to do that...

I'll be home around noon and I'll be checking in...

We can make this happen....I know it...

Edited by Judy, 10 March 2012 - 06:43 AM.

Bina and Peda

Bina and Peda

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 162 posts
Gave what I could, hope it helps Zoe!  

dmmwilke

dmmwilke

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 864 posts
Thank you- every bit helps!Please please please i know my angels are out there, i believe in you! I have a little girl who needs this even more than i do-she is simply not ready to lose her little sister! i promised her that when she gets up we would go door to door

in our neighborhood to get donations with the homemade posters she spent all night making! If you are unable to help,i understand(trust me ,i do) but please keep praying for Zoe! and if you can help-PLEASE PLEASE do!!! I believe and i am determined not to give up!!!thank you!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users