Jump to content

Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

New to imom


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1
sheri62

sheri62
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Hello ,
I am not sure if am doing any of this right but here i am. In need of help for my pets.My sheba was attacked by two pit bulls in her own yard.It has been
greatly over whelming. Now, since this has all happened and all my funds gone for sheba,s care. A vet bill very high with on going care for sheba my dog. I have nothing for help with the vet bill nor for helping  my patches kitty that is very ill.Looking for help, a hero !  Please help us..

#2
Judy

Judy

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 7,884 posts
Sheri,

I don't know if you found the financial aid section or not, but click on this link and it will guide you step by step to see if IMOM can help you or not.....

GOOD LUCK!!

http://www.imom.org/fa/index.htm

#3
kuhio98

kuhio98

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 1,608 posts
From what I understand, IMOM can't help with existing vet bills -- but definitely apply for fundraising for future treatment.  It sounds like both your pets need attention as soon as possible.  

Fingers, paws and whiskers crossed.   Please start the application process.  



Lisa http://www.goodsearch.com/ for IMOM ~ Earn a penny for IMOM with every search!
Also check out the Shopping function from GoodSearch

#4
sheri62

sheri62
  • Members
  • 5 posts

View PostJudy, on 07 March 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

Sheri,

I don't know if you found the financial aid section or not, but click on this link and it will guide you step by step to see if IMOM can help you or not.....

GOOD LUCK!!

http://www.imom.org/fa/index.htm

Thank  you ,Yes i did find it Just very over whelmed with all of this..I do hope i get help. God bless.

#5
sheri62

sheri62
  • Members
  • 5 posts

View Postkuhio98, on 07 March 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

From what I understand, IMOM can't help with existing vet bills -- but definitely apply for fundraising for future treatment.  It sounds like both your pets need attention as soon as possible.  

Fingers, paws and whiskers crossed.   Please start the application process.  




I have started the application process and have reread it several times has been a challenge to do.Had to seek help with copies and such.But I believe I have done all I have been asked to do.I hope! How do you apply for fundraising and what do you have to do?

#6
sheri62

sheri62
  • Members
  • 5 posts

View Postkuhio98, on 07 March 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

From what I understand, IMOM can't help with existing vet bills -- but definitely apply for fundraising for future treatment.  It sounds like both your pets need attention as soon as possible.  

Fingers, paws and whiskers crossed.   Please start the application process.  




Can you tell me after you send the papers to imom how long does it take to get a reply back for a application?

#7
Judy

Judy

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 7,884 posts
IMOM is all volunteers so it can take a couple of days to get back to you...

IMOM communicates via email only...they will not post here on the forum...so...keep checking your person emails...and, sometimes IMOM first emails can go to your junk or spam folder so check there also...

I know it's hard to wait...but IMOM is a great place...so hang in there...

GOOD LUCK...if you have more questions post them here and we will try to answer them for you.  Judy

One of the steps is to have been denied credit or used all the credit or only qualify for partial credit from Care Credit.  Did you did that step yet??  UPi cam do that right online...and get the answer right way

#8
sheri62

sheri62
  • Members
  • 5 posts

View PostJudy, on 07 March 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

IMOM is all volunteers so it can take a couple of days to get back to you...

IMOM communicates via email only...they will not post here on the forum...so...keep checking your person emails...and, sometimes IMOM first emails can go to your junk or spam folder so check there also...

I know it's hard to wait...but IMOM is a great place...so hang in there...

GOOD LUCK...if you have more questions post them here and we will try to answer them for you.  Judy

One of the steps is to have been denied credit or used all the credit or only qualify for partial credit from Care Credit.  Did you did that step yet??  UPi cam do that right online...and get the answer right way

used all care credit. I thought they would send me a answer right away if they got all of the papers so i can fill out the application.

#9
Judy

Judy

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 7,884 posts
Hang in there...they have to process all the information you sent to them...as I said...the people at IMOM are volunteers and might not be online right this minute...BUT, they are very good at what they do...believe me...they care and the work as quickly as they can...

You've done a couple of the steps already so you're right where you need to be also...

just make sure to check those emails as that is how they will contact you.

Waiting is the hardest thing..I know...I am so impatient...Judy

While you are waiting, here are some more organizations that might having funding to help you out...some alphabetical and some by state...

the more help you can get the better....

http://speakingforsp...Veterinary Care

Edited by Judy, 07 March 2012 - 03:51 PM.


#10
vickyimom

vickyimom

    Board of Directors

  • IMOM Board of Directors
  • 864 posts
"I thought they would send me a answer right away if they got all of the papers so i can fill out the application"

Be sure and complete all the steps at www.imom.org/fa including the final step which is requesting the application. Also, be sure to answer any questions your caseworker asks. Many times we are sent incomplete information, and email applicants for clarification/additional information. So be sure to answer any questions your caseworker may have asked you. While IMOM is 100% volunteer, we are alsol a federally registered charity, so need to have paperwork in order - it's what the government requires of IMOM.

We hope we are able to help!
Vicky M

#11
DannyG

DannyG
  • Members
  • 9 posts

View Postsheri62, on 07 March 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

Hello ,
I am not sure if am doing any of this right but here i am. In need of help for my pets.My sheba was attacked by two pit bulls in her own yard.It has been
greatly over whelming. Now, since this has all happened and all my funds gone for sheba,s care. A vet bill very high with on going care for sheba my dog. I have nothing for help with the vet bill nor for helping  my patches kitty that is very ill.Looking for help, a hero !  Please help us..


#12
DannyG

DannyG
  • Members
  • 9 posts
Hey sheri62

    Don't give up hope; my ShihTzu, and best friend for 12 years is also seeking help. One thing I have learned is that the volunteers at imom are very passionate about helping our best friends. Your friends are in my prayers!
DannyG




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users