Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Bella Rae Carl, Choc Lab/Springer

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts

Diagnosis: Foreign Body/Small Intestine blockage
Amount of estimate: $1000
Owner Contribution: $250

Fund raising goal: $780 (4% has been added to help pay IMOM's business operating expenses)
Spayed or neutered: No (spay will be done during surgery)
Caseworker: Melissa

Bella Rae Carl is a 1 yr old  Chocolate Lab/Springer Mix that has a Foreign Body/Small Intestine blockage.   This blockage has been going on for about two weeks. Now, Bella has not been able to eat and is vomiting. The vets have her on fluids as of yesterday. They are letting Bella come in to get the fluids to keep her hydrated, until Bella's mom has the money for surgery.

Treatment can occur tomorrow. I spoke with the vet and she did say she can feel the object though the small intestine.

As we all know, blockage is very life threatening. Surgery needs to happen ASAP.  Our goal is to raise them money tonight so surgery can happen in the morning. IMOM Angels, That is $780 over night. Or as soon as possible!

To donate to Bella Rae, please go to:http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm

Please designate your gift to"GF-Bella Rae". Every penny is appreciated to help this Pet In Need.

If you want to donate directly to paypal you can use paypal@imom.org as the email address to donate to. Just please put in a note that you want your funds directed to Bella Rae!

Melissa/IMOM

(Note: fund updates will be posted as time allows. Please be patient with us, as we do this manually)

Attached Files

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 06 March 2012 - 03:10 PM.
trying to fix my spacing....

boanderey

boanderey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
What a wonderful face!
For Grimm, who left paw prints on my heart

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Bella's mom is on her way, she is just having some difficulty with her password that we are working on.

Melissa/IMOM

Huckleberry Hound

Huckleberry Hound

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 419 posts
And a Terrific Smile!   We will match the first $50 donated to help Bella.
Pick the Adoption Option - Rescue One in Need

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
YAY...what a way to start out the fund raising...

with a MATCHING CHALLENGE!!!!!

Way to go...Bella's Momma will be welcomed with some posts for her girl and a matching challenge...we are on a roll!!!

Let's go Bella.....

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Nice!!! How exciting.  

That means dollar for dollar is matched on the first $50.00 donated!    So if you donate $10.00 that turns into $20!   Thank you Rover's Raiders!
Let's get these new reports rolling :)

Melissa/IMOM

boanderey

boanderey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
I sent in $25!
For Grimm, who left paw prints on my heart

BellaRaeLove

BellaRaeLove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thank you all SO MUCH!!! Oh wow... I am absolutely speechless. Thank you so so much!! We love her so much and could not imagine life without her. She is my son's best friend and my cuddle bug. God bless all of you for helping during this time of need. Every day spent with her will be because of all the blessings sent by you all. Again I can not thank you enough. This has been the worst 2 weeks of my life. I just want to see my Bella run again and be happy. Thank You!!!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
Bella's Mom..... :WELCOMEPHOTO:  

The best thing you can do right now is post, post and post some more...tell stories about your ever so cute girl...how you picked her name...what her favorite toy is...how old your son is...did you get her as a puppy...things that make you happy that she does...

People will fall in love with her like you and your son did...

By the way.....there isn't anything better than a boy and his dog...plain and simple...

IMOM angels...we have to get Bella feeling well again...she has a boy to take care of...and a Momma that needs to cuddle with her...

People are reading...I see that already...you can post all you want...don't wait for them to post back...they might be in a hurry and raced here to read about the new pet in need...but believe me, they know that Bella needs help...

I'll be out for a few hours, but I'll be back around 8 pm Ohio time and the first place I'm going to come to IMOM...and check in to see how you are doing...

I know it's intimidating...and stressful...but know that we are here to help....and we understand and care...you are not alone we are with you....you have a great caseworker and if you have any problems she'll be there to help you out...

Right now it's time for me to clean litter pans...garbage day tomorrow...but I'll check in one more time before I leave...GOOD LUCK.....stay strong...Judy

Edited by Judy, 06 March 2012 - 04:39 PM.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
The forum is very hard to figure out in the beginning...I just saw this posted on Bella's Mom's profile...I copied and pasted part of it for you all to read...

"Thank you so much for all your help. Bella is much more than just a pet. She is my 10 year old sons best friend in the world. We hav been with Bella from day one as I was able to witness her birth. We lost a dog some time ago so to lose Bella would be absolutely devastating. I have begged for help from Humane Society, Maddac as well as other vets and no one would help me. Thank you to all of you for your help. This is such a God send and I am eternally grateful. "

BellaRaeLove

BellaRaeLove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Bella Rae growing up :)

Attached Files

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
NEWS: $130 has been raised for Bella Rae!    That means $650 left to go.

It also means matching challenge has been met! Thank you!!!  

Please share/cross post if you cannot donate.  http://www.imom.org/...?showtopic=8294

Please designate your gift to"GF-Bella Rae".

Melissa/IMOM

BellaRaeLove

BellaRaeLove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
More Bella to love...

Attached Files

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,891 posts
Come on, Angels....  We believe in the sun, even when it is not shining.    

Every penny counts!    Today is my sweet Sherman's Gotcha Day.  Help us Help Bella.  (What Princess is that I see in her crate?  Is that Cinderella?)

Edited by CatPaws, 06 March 2012 - 04:58 PM.

HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
"Today is my sweet Sherman's Gotcha Day"  How sweet is that!!!!

Ah Bella is so adorable.   What do you think Bella got into?  Tell her to hang in there, and that her mommy is working on getting her the help she needs.
Let her know there are alot of folks reading and checking out her pics too :)  Tons of people pulling for her!

Melissa/IMOM

BellaRaeLove

BellaRaeLove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Bella just recieved her fluid treatment for the day. She is tired and weak yet she is still hanging in there.. I'm sure she can't wait to eat again. God is good... Thank you so nuch for all your support. Hopefully Bella will able to have her surgery tomorrow and we can get her back up and running..

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
YAY RAH!!!!!

We are on a roll.....

Bella's name is just PERFECT for her...I can see that she is a girly girl....she is SO cute, SO photogenic and her little scarves and ribbons just make her all the CUTER.....

Bella's Momma...you are doing a GREAT JOB with posting and the photos...keep up the good work...see, I can't stay away from the computer...I have to leave shortly but we need to help this girl....

What state are you in?  Just wondering as then we can figure out how much time we have to get funds in....right now I'm hoping you live on the west coast so we can squeeze in some more hours.....

It sounds as if you have a really nice vet.....pretty darn nice of them to let you bring Bella in for fluids and then go home again while you wait.....

So...IMOM angels...we seem to have a win win situation....a boy and his Mom that love this dog...and a vet that seems to really care...let's see what we can do to make this happen for Bella and her family

BellaRaeLove

BellaRaeLove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Bella is another version of Marley and decided to eat a bouncy ball :(   She has been sick for 2 weeks as I have tried everything to get her help. Thanks to St. Paul Veterinary Clinic I was able to contact IMOM for help. Bella is the most fun loving, lovable, loyal friend we have ever had. She has just been a blessing. The day she was born my kids counted the days to bring her home. She loves her princess pillow that's for sure. We named her Bella after Bell from Beauty and the Beast and also Tinker Bell.. She's my princess :)

BellaRaeLove

BellaRaeLove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Bella lives in South Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She loves the beach in the summer and snow in the winter. She's a ball of energy year round.

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,226 posts
These pups are always getting in to stuff that they shouldn't and then mom and dad are caught off guard and cannot afford the surgery. It's not Bella's fault that she is simply acting like a pup. And now she needs our help. She has a long and wonderful life ahead if we can get this taken care of.

Click here to make a donation and please help us to spread the word on her need for help.:felineicon:
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

BellaRaeLove

BellaRaeLove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have such guilt :(  We we on vacationt the incident happened. She managed to break out if her kennel while her baby sitter was working. I didn't know she was sick for a couple of days. Now the guilt I have as I watch her get sicker and sicker is killing me. As a pet owner I feel I failed her, but NOW there is hope. Thanks again for all of your prayers and help... Believe me you all are a God send. My son, Jayland, is so excited.. To be able to tell them that she will be ok is awesome. I spent the last days preparing them for her demise as I considered having her put down rather than suffer. God is good though!! Something in my heart told me to be patient and I am so glad I did.

BellaRaeLove

BellaRaeLove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thank you all.. Unfortunately I do not have a computer at home, but will be checking back through out the day. I will hopefully have a good story to tell you all tomorrow... God Bless you!!

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
No new updates.....   No NEWS :(

$630 is still needed to make surgery happen for Bella Rae tomorrow.

Melissa/IMOM

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Oh wait, just as I wrote that some IMOM Angels donated!  

NEWS: $165 has been raised. $615 more to go!  

That's great news!    Every dollar counts and helps get Bella Rae that much closer to getting the bouncy ball out of her tummy.

THANK YOU!
Melissa/IMOM

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
NEWS: $265 has been raised. $515 more to go!  

THANK YOU!   YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!  We are getting so much closer!

Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 06 March 2012 - 07:12 PM.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
OK Everyone, It's getting late on the east coast and we are getting worried abut Bella Rae making it to surgery tomorrow.  

****IMOM is going to do a matching challenge for the next $250.  That is dollar for Dollar for the next $250 that comes in.

That will help Bella Rae get to the $515 that is needed.    

Please share/cross post if you cannot donate: http://www.imom.org/...?showtopic=8294

Please designate your gift to"GF-Bella".

If you want to donate directly to paypal you can use paypal@imom.org as the email address to donate to. Just please put in a note that you want your funds directed to Bella Rae!

Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 06 March 2012 - 07:15 PM.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,978 posts
I just got home and am SO HAPPY to see all the activity on Bella's thread...

I shared IMOM's matching challenge on my Facebook page and asked my friends to share and donate if they could...

This girl has a good chance at surgery tomorrow...Can we Do it?  Yes we can!!!

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Bella has received $70 since our matching challenge began! Thank you, angels!

That means there's still $180 in matching funds available!

If you can make a donation of any size, it will be matched dollar-for-dollar by IMOM, up to $180.

This sweet girl really needs surgery tomorrow. Blockages are very serious and we want her to be taken care of as soon as possible.

To donate to Bella, just click here. Mark your donation "GF - Bella."

Thanks for helping Bella! I know she would give you slurpy doggy kisses if she could!

Janice G

Janice G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 153 posts
Bella is such a cutie!  I'll take $25 of those matching funds.

Janice G.

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Thanks Janice, and the rest of you wonderful angels! Bella has now received $110 in donations since our matching challenge began.

That means $140 in matching funds are still available! And then Bella will be very, very close to All Funds Raised.

We are getting so close to our goal. Your donation of any size will truly make a difference. No amount is too small!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users