Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Need info on lymphoma for a friend

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,882 posts
Folks, I have a dear friend whose beagle has been diagnosed with lymphoma.  It's all over, in the nodes, spleen, etc.  They are giving him 3-6 months with "partial" chemo.  I am asking for information for anything else they might be able to do, through diet and supplements.  They are on a budget but they will do what it takes to help their dear boy.  Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.   :beagle: His name is Astro and he is just darling.

Thanks in advance!

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,677 posts
Cindy, Cheryl's sister Melissa had a dog with lymphoma and he made the record books at Ohio State University Vet School...I don't know if Rae (Melissa to you) is IMOM savvy but I am going to post this thread on her Facebook page...if she doesn't get it figured out, send her a FB message, I'm betting she has tons of information for you and your friend and Astro...Judy

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,882 posts

View PostJudy, on 04 March 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

Cindy, Cheryl's sister Melissa had a dog with lymphoma and he made the record books at Ohio State University Vet School...I don't know if Rae (Melissa to you) is IMOM savvy but I am going to post this thread on her Facebook page...if she doesn't get it figured out, send her a FB message, I'm betting she has tons of information for you and your friend and Astro...Judy
Thanks, Judy!  I'm friends with Melissa too.  I saw your post and posted as well.  Thanks!

Cindy
Cindy/IMOM

SydsMom

SydsMom

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 2,339 posts
Wish I had seen this post back when it was made.  Of course if anyone has lymphoma / leukemia / richter's syndrome questions and I can be of any help - please please message me.  I do see individual emails in notifications and will respond.   Hope this beagle is still fighting. :D
Michelle
Charlie & Zoe
P1160249.JPG
Angel Sydney 1-2-10
Sydney2.jpg
Angel Brittany 9-22-07
Brit2.JPG

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,882 posts
Michelle,

He is!  Astro had one series of chemo and went into remission.  He's still a very happy boy.  I'll definitely keep you in mind if he has a recurrance.  Thanks for asking about him.

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Jareth

Jareth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
I have some radical suggestions which might be worth giving a shot. Dirk Benedict supposedly (I heard him say it in an interview one time) would eat Kelp every day, just regular old buy it at the Chinese market sea kelp, and his prostate cancer went into remission. I don't know how much weight that actually bears but he started eating it based on research into Chinese herbal medicine and it's not very expensive. I've fed it to my dogs before and they had no issues with it but I would be wary of the sodium content. Soak it in a lot of water beforehand.

My second suggestion would be great but that depends in large part on where this friend lives and if they can scrounge up this information. CBD also known as cannabidiol is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid which has been shown in controlled laboratory testing as well as in experiments with lab rats to kill precancerous cells outright; they just commit suicide. This is believed to be the reason no one has been able to prove cannabis causes lung cancer in any function. It has no known side effects to speak of, it's non-psychoactive and surpasses chemotherapy in every possible way. It is, however, still in testing and this testing for obvious reasons is based in California. If we were talking about a human then I wouldn't bring this up but if your friend lives in California or potentially in a few other medical states then there's a chance she could get her little pooch into a test group which could benefit Astro greatly and he'd be helping usher it along to helping human patients who might not survive chemo.

Personally I think the day that CBD replaces chemotherapy (or people at least have the choice to use it instead) can't come soon enough and it pains me that the process takes so long and almost certainly will be sidetracked and belittled for the sake of political views. So far it has proven better than chemo in every faculty and chemo itself is sort of like poisoning your body and hoping the cancer dies before you do. It's certainly not an ideal way to deal with an already debilitating illness. In case you were curious, the CBD is extracted and given intravenously or orally. I hope that helped or at least gave you some ideas to pass along.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users