Jump to content

Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Simba Ever


  • Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1
Melissa 1

Melissa 1

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 1,217 posts

Diagnosis: Ear Hermatoma
Amount of estimate: $550
Owner Contribution: $50

Fund raising goal: $520 (4% has been added to help pay IMOM's business operating expenses)
Spayed or neutered: Yes
Caseworker: Melissa


Simba is a 9 yr old Golden Retriever that has an ear hermatoma. Simba is in a bit of pain and currently on pain meds and antibiotics while his dad tries to find the funds to make this surgery happen. This is not a Life Threatening case, however we feel that the dog is in pain, thus makes this important for us to approve the case.  I have confirmed surgery can happen Monday if we can raise the funds.  



Our goal is to raise the money by Sunday night 3/4/2012.  

To donate to Simba, please go to:http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm


Please designate your gift to"GF-Simba". Every penny is appreciated to help this Pet In Need.

If you want to donate directly to paypal you can use paypal@imom.org as the email address to donate to. Just please put in a note that you want your funds directed to Simba!

To read Simba's introduction you can go to: http://www.imom.org/...?showtopic=8283

  

Melissa/IMOM


(Note: fund updates will be posted as time allows. Please be patient with us, as we do this manually)

Attached Files


Edited by Melissa IMOM, 02 March 2012 - 05:43 PM.


#2
isaac

isaac

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Just got home from picking my daughter up from school. Going to a neighbors for dinner. Their Papillon and Simba are like Brother and sister.  I can tell his pain meds are wearing off because he is tilting his head to one side. The hematoma is like a sandbag in his earflop.

Attached Files



#3
Judy

Judy

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 7,693 posts
WELCOME to IMOM...and Simba is a lovely boy...and what is sweet a golden retriever.....

I hope that you are able to tell us some stories about Simba...as you want all the angels out there reading to fall in love with him like you and your family...

People are ALWAYS reading the forum but many of them don't post...so what you want to do is post, post and then continue posting...tell stories about your boy...where you got him, his favorite toy and what he likes to do best...

I will keep checking in to see how things are going...sometimes on the week ends the forum is quiet...but I see that quite a few people have been reading already...there are angels everywhere...and miracles happen at IMOM all the time...

So...start by telling us what Simba's favorite toy is...and go from there...it will be easy once you start...

Or, perhaps a story about your Simba's play buddy.....can't wait to hear about that...a golden and a pappilon...I'd love to seem them play?  How cute is that...

#4
Judy

Judy

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 7,693 posts
Just saw this in the Introduction thread and thought I'd copy and paste it over to Simba's

Official Fund Raising Thread...

"APPY FRIDAY ALL !!!!
Just a brief intro about us ! My name is Isaac and I am the single father of 2 amazing kids, Zach and Lani. Several years ago, my x-inlaws german shepherd ran away. We went to the Humane Society and shelters EVERY DAY for quite some time. After a while, someone had brought in this absolutely amazing Golden Retreiver named SIMBA. We adopted him and the rest is history. Simba is the little brother to my kids. He is also my third child. He has been everywhere we have been. We have always made sure to travel to pet friendly hotels. When I was using a cane for a knee surgury they eaven allowed simba to sit on the plane in the front row as a "SERVICE " dog because they saw how amazing he behaved and couldnt believe he was just a pet and not trained to help.
If simba is not feeling well, my daughter doesnt feel well.... If simba has a stomach ache, my son has a mysterious stomach ache.
HE IS OUR LIVES.
I had a heart attack a few months ago and simba helped make my required walks so much more comfortable. Yes, I speak to him in full conversation. I know he cant answer me but he understands what I am saying.
Simba had an ear infection... from shaking his ear so much, he developed a HEMATOMA. I was told that if not treated, it could rupture and cause a severe infection. It would also be extremely painful.
That is how i found IMOM....
Now that I have , I wam so impressed by the work done that even well after Simba is better, i will help IMOM and pets in need.

Just wanted to say hello to all you and introduce us "

#5
isaac

isaac

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
[quote name='Judy' timestamp='1330734018' post='120844']
Just saw this in the Introduction thread and thought I'd copy and paste it over to Simba's

Official Fund Raising Thread...

"APPY FRIDAY ALL !!!!
Just a brief intro about us ! My name is Isaac and I am the single father of 2 amazing kids, Zach and Lani. Several years ago, my x-inlaws german shepherd ran away. We went to the Humane Society and shelters EVERY DAY for quite some time. After a while, someone had brought in this absolutely amazing Golden Retreiver named SIMBA. We adopted him and the rest is history. Simba is the little brother to my kids. He is also my third child. He has been everywhere we have been. We have always made sure to travel to pet friendly hotels. When I was using a cane for a knee surgury they eaven allowed simba to sit on the plane in the front row as a "SERVICE " dog because they saw how amazing he behaved and couldnt believe he was just a pet and not trained to help.
If simba is not feeling well, my daughter doesnt feel well.... If simba has a stomach ache, my son has a mysterious stomach ache.
HE IS OUR LIVES.
I had a heart attack a few months ago and simba helped make my required walks so much more comfortable. Yes, I speak to him in full conversation. I know he cant answer me but he understands what I am saying.
Simba had an ear infection... from shaking his ear so much, he developed a HEMATOMA. I was told that if not treated, it could rupture and cause a severe infection. It would also be extremely painful.
That is how i found IMOM....
Now that I have , I wam so impressed by the work done that even well after Simba is better, i will help IMOM and pets in need.

Just wanted to say hello to all you and introduce us "
[/quote

#6
isaac

isaac

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
What a great dinner our neighbors made. Had to sneak Simbas pain meds into a stuffed shell.... SO SMART.... he ate the entire shell with cheese and a few minutes later I find his pill under the table !  Wrapped it in a piece of american cheese and he took it. YAY !!!  I think cheese is his absolute favorite. We dont give him much people food but when we do he will take cheese over anything.  Going through my computer I found some great pics of Simba and his Best friend "REESIE"

Attached Files



#7
Judy

Judy

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 7,693 posts
What a CUTE photo....

By the way...one of the BEST things to use for pill taking is whipped cream cheese...

our girls are not good pill takers so what I do is take the pill and coat it with the whipped cream cheese...then I make them sit like they are getting a treat...give them the cream cheese and it's gone in nothing flat...

works like a charm and you can alternate whipped cream cheese with a piece of American Cheese...Simba won't know what to do with all that cheese...

#8
isaac

isaac

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
the kids and I were just talking about when we first got Simba. When rescued from the Humane Society they neuter the dog and have you pick them up the next day.  We picked Simba up and I noticed he looks a bit different than the day prior. I asked why he is so fat and was told that the anesthesia from the neutering may have made him swollen.
We get home and this dog is a TERROR..... chewing EVERYTHING.......barking all day, using the living room floor as a bathroom etc etc etc.
It was bad. He didnt even know his name. We called him and he would walk away.
I get a call from the Humane Society telling me that there was a mistake. I should try calling him ROCKY
So I did and sure enough.... Here comes ROCKY running towards me.
THEY GAVE US THE WRONG DOG........ Rockys owners were at the pound and knew that SIMBA wasnt thiers.
We went back and switched the dogs and the rest is History..... Simba has been our loving baby ever since.

Attached Files



#9
isaac

isaac

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

View PostJudy, on 02 March 2012 - 08:35 PM, said:

What a CUTE photo....

By the way...one of the BEST things to use for pill taking is whipped cream cheese...

our girls are not good pill takers so what I do is take the pill and coat it with the whipped cream cheese...then I make them sit like they are getting a treat...give them the cream cheese and it's gone in nothing flat...

works like a charm and you can alternate whipped cream cheese with a piece of American Cheese...Simba won't know what to do with all that cheese...

THANKS FOR THE TIP ........ He loved the cream cheese this morning and meds were taken !!!!


#10
Little Leo

Little Leo

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Issac, first I'm letting you know my prayers are with Simba and your family.  I'm sharing your story everywhere I can.  If there is anyone who can get this done for you it is IMOM!  They really are angels.  And not enough can be said for the donors.......AMAZING, might work :-)

If Simba's belly starts feeling upset it might be the cream cheese.  Adult dogs don't have the enzyme they need to digest dairy.  That being said some dogs can eat anything lol.  Dogs love them some peanut butter if you have that.  

Hoping all your dreams come true Monday!
<3 Kim and Leo

#11
JamesWilletts

JamesWilletts

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Hey, Isaac!

Just sending a friendly note to keep up the faith!  Simba sounds like a great & loving dog.  In my opinion, all animals are service animals.  They change us in ways we never thought possible and provide the greatest service of all: love & teaching us to love.

I'll spread the word.  Tell him he's a good boy!

- James






--

"Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

--


"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

#12
isaac

isaac

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

View PostLittle Leo, on 03 March 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

Issac, first I'm letting you know my prayers are with Simba and your family.  I'm sharing your story everywhere I can.  If there is anyone who can get this done for you it is IMOM!  They really are angels.  And not enough can be said for the donors.......AMAZING, might work :-)

If Simba's belly starts feeling upset it might be the cream cheese.  Adult dogs don't have the enzyme they need to digest dairy.  That being said some dogs can eat anything lol.  Dogs love them some peanut butter if you have that.  

Hoping all your dreams come true Monday!
<3 Kim and Leo

Yes PB is great but his stomach seems to have a TEFLON lining. Hes gotten into some weird foods but never really had an issue.
Thanks for your prayers !!!!


#13
isaac

isaac

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

View PostMelissa IMOM, on 02 March 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

Diagnosis: Ear Hermatoma
Amount of estimate: $550
Owner Contribution: $50

Fund raising goal: $520 (4% has been added to help pay IMOM's business operating expenses)
Spayed or neutered: Yes
Caseworker: Melissa


Simba is a 9 yr old Golden Retriever that has an ear hermatoma. Simba is in a bit of pain and currently on pain meds and antibiotics while his dad tries to find the funds to make this surgery happen. This is not a Life Threatening case, however we feel that the dog is in pain, thus makes this important for us to approve the case.  I have confirmed surgery can happen Monday if we can raise the funds.  



Our goal is to raise the money by Sunday night 3/4/2012.  

To donate to Simba, please go to:http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm


Please designate your gift to"GF-Simba". Every penny is appreciated to help this Pet In Need.

If you want to donate directly to paypal you can use paypal@imom.org as the email address to donate to. Just please put in a note that you want your funds directed to Simba!

To read Simba's introduction you can go to: http://www.imom.org/...?showtopic=8283
  

Melissa/IMOM


(Note: fund updates will be posted as time allows. Please be patient with us, as we do this manually)


Attached Files



#14
isaac

isaac

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Didnt think I had to work today but two people no showed. Gotta get ready for work :( Thought the kids and I could spend the day lounging around with Simba.  Oh well......at least its only until 3...... When I get home The kids want to take Simba to the park and throw the ball around. He usually sits under a tree while we play until we call him over. Its like he understands when its his turn. Hes so amazingly smart.

Wishing you all a great Saturday.... Hope some of you can relax a bit today !

#15
Judy

Judy

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 7,693 posts
Hi guys...I just got home and got the computer turned on as we kept losing power today as the winds were gusting up to 50 mph...

I see there have been a lot of people reading about Simba today...but I sure wanted to post something before Isaac got home from work so he would see that we are here for both him and Simba...

I am hoping that we can get a funds update soon...as I know that it was mentioned it sure would be nice to have Simba get himself fixed up on Monday...

Hematoma's are PAINFUL...and goldens are so sweet...and he's got kids that he needs to play with...can't we make sure that he can get out of pain and happy and playing with the kids again??

Isaac...I'm SO GLAD to read that the whipped cream cheese worked...our girls just LOVE their pills in that...

Can't wait to hear how things are after a day at work.....Judy

#16
isaac

isaac

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

View PostJudy, on 03 March 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

Hi guys...I just got home and got the computer turned on as we kept losing power today as the winds were gusting up to 50 mph...

I see there have been a lot of people reading about Simba today...but I sure wanted to post something before Isaac got home from work so he would see that we are here for both him and Simba...

I am hoping that we can get a funds update soon...as I know that it was mentioned it sure would be nice to have Simba get himself fixed up on Monday...

Hematoma's are PAINFUL...and goldens are so sweet...and he's got kids that he needs to play with...can't we make sure that he can get out of pain and happy and playing with the kids again??

Isaac...I'm SO GLAD to read that the whipped cream cheese worked...our girls just LOVE their pills in that...

Can't wait to hear how things are after a day at work.....Judy

WORK WAS WORK...... Nothing special. Was so nice to come home to a wagging tail and hugs from the kids.  Gonna get the kids ready to go to thier grandmas for the night.
Will post more later.   Judy your a doll.... your warm words put a huge smile on the kids face.

Pic attached was a few years ago when he had looong hair

Attached Files



#17
isaac

isaac

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

View Postisaac, on 03 March 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

WORK WAS WORK...... Nothing special. Was so nice to come home to a wagging tail and hugs from the kids.  Gonna get the kids ready to go to thier grandmas for the night.
Will post more later.   Judy your a doll.... your warm words put a huge smile on the kids face.

Pic attached was a few years ago when he had looong hair

JUST FOUND THIS PIC..... ACTUALLY JUST BELLY LAUGHED WHEN I SAW IT AFTER SO LONG

Attached Files



#18
Judy

Judy

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 7,693 posts
Photos are a great way to show off Simba to everyone...

And, you're doing a GREAT JOB posting...as I said before, it's usually quiet on the week ends but I see that there have been nearly 250 hits on Simba's thread so the people are reading...

I am going to go over to Facebook now to see about posting Simba's story again...

Angels...please...let's SHARE, CROSS POST and put Simba on our Facebook walls...we need to spread the word!!!!!

Simba needs to be able to play with his kids...you know, there's nothing better than a golden retriever and his kids...except...perhaps a golden retriever with his kids and his Dad....

#19
isaac

isaac

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

View PostJudy, on 03 March 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

Photos are a great way to show off Simba to everyone...

And, you're doing a GREAT JOB posting...as I said before, it's usually quiet on the week ends but I see that there have been nearly 250 hits on Simba's thread so the people are reading...

I am going to go over to Facebook now to see about posting Simba's story again...

Angels...please...let's SHARE, CROSS POST and put Simba on our Facebook walls...we need to spread the word!!!!!

Simba needs to be able to play with his kids...you know, there's nothing better than a golden retriever and his kids...except...perhaps a golden retriever with his kids and his Dad....

WOW......250 hits ? thats incredible. If only each of those hits was a $2 bill we would almost be there !!!!   My 12 year old (lani) was acting real concerned when she started looking up his condition online. I promised her that it was all gonna be ok and he will be his amazing self before we know it. She cuddled with Simba before she left to grandmas. Usually is a kiss and hug and a "BYE SIMBY, BE GOOD BOY FOR DADDY" but today was so much more.

Attached Files



#20
Judy

Judy

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 7,693 posts
What state are you in?  I'm hoping you are in California...because...what would be better than your kids setting up a lemonade stand with a poster of their boy stating he needs surgery...who could resist that?

Or...a bake sale...

or...a car wash

who can resist a story of kids and their dog.....

Simba is in pain and needs this surgery to make him well again...can you see his little face???  Let's help get him well again...

#21
isaac

isaac

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

View PostJudy, on 03 March 2012 - 08:03 PM, said:

What state are you in?  I'm hoping you are in California...because...what would be better than your kids setting up a lemonade stand with a poster of their boy stating he needs surgery...who could resist that?

Or...a bake sale...

or...a car wash

who can resist a story of kids and their dog.....

Simba is in pain and needs this surgery to make him well again...can you see his little face???  Let's help get him well again...

We are in Florida..... Unfortunately times arent what they used to be and certain areas have become unsafe for garage sales/bake sales/lemonaide stands etc.......
Great Idea though !!!!

#22
isaac

isaac

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Gettn ready for bed,,,,, tomorrow is an early day,,,, Gotta open the store @ 5:30am and stuck there till 2ish. Thanks for all the kind words. Simba appreciates it.
GNITE ALL !!!!

#23
isaac

isaac

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

View PostJamesWilletts, on 03 March 2012 - 09:42 AM, said:

Hey, Isaac!

Just sending a friendly note to keep up the faith!  Simba sounds like a great & loving dog.  In my opinion, all animals are service animals.  They change us in ways we never thought possible and provide the greatest service of all: love & teaching us to love.

I'll spread the word.  Tell him he's a good boy!

- James



--

"Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France


THANKS JAMES !!!!! Love the quote !

#24
kuhio98

kuhio98

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 1,553 posts
I don't see a fundraising total yet, so I'm assuming funds are still needed.   Soooooo,

It's Matching Challenge Time!

I will match the next $100 that comes in for Simba.   Let's get'er done so that Simba's family can rest easy tonight.  

Are you ready to take my $ $?

Lisa http://www.goodsearch.com/ for IMOM ~ Earn a penny for IMOM with every search!
Also check out the Shopping function from GoodSearch

#25
Judy

Judy

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 7,693 posts
Lisa, BLESS YOU!!!

I went and posted your matching challenge onto IMOM's facebook page...

I know that people are going to WANT to take your money!!!

THANK YOU for your challenge...I'll be back to check in later...getting ready to run out for a little while...

The first thing I do when I get home is to check into IMOM and see what's happening...J

#26
Little Leo

Little Leo

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Ok, I just donated $25.00, it's all I could spare.

<3 Kim and Leo

Posted Image

#27
Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

    Certified IMOMer!

  • IMOM Vice President
  • 1,884 posts
Simba had $45 before the challenge, now he has $70 ($25 towards Lisa's challenge).

Thanks to Lisa and everyone who has donated!

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

#28
k9sign

k9sign

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Member - Mod. Team
  • 10,878 posts
Isaac is doing an incredible job of posting...even posting the cutest pics. Please angels can u help Simba have his surgery so he is out of pain?

Isaac and his kids need for Simba to start having some WBD's (Wiggle Butt Days- where he is feeling so super good and with no ear discomfort that his butt wiggles cuz he is so happy!).

Hugs to Simba!

:wbd3:
Posted Image

#29
Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

    IMOM Founder

  • IMOM Founder
  • 3,199 posts
$70 now toward Lisa's challenge for a total of $115.

Let's keep going. This boy is in pain and we can fix that with another $405 :pp_animal_568:

Click here to make a donation
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders


Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!




#30
Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

    IMOM Founder

  • IMOM Founder
  • 3,199 posts
Lisa's challenge has been met :pp_animal_568:

After Lisa's donation another $275 will send Simba to AFR and relief from his pain.

Click here to make a donation
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders


Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!







0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users