Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Simba Ever

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
Isaac had to go to work at 5:30 am this morning...won't it be wonderful for him to see that there is a matching challenge going on for Simba.....

What would be even better yet is to see that the matching challenge has been MET!!!!

Come on angels...Lisa is will to give her money away...and your donation will be doubled...what is better than that...

Simba is in pain...those ear hematomas as not pleasant...no, he isn't in danger of having his spleen ruptured...or a kidney go bad, but he's in PAIN and he doesn't know why...these hematomas aren't pleasant or pretty...

Simba has kids that are watching him suffer...just because they don't have the funds for surgery...can't we help?

isaac

isaac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS
YOU ARE ALL TRULY ANGELS !!!!!!!!   AMAZING WORK !
Thanks for all the help and words of encouragement....... your all too kind !

Just got home from work..... Nap time ! I am sure simba will join by my feet   :)

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
From what Jacki posted earlier it looks to me as if there was $30.00 left in the matching challenge...

$40.00 had been donated...Lisa offered to match the next $100.00 donated and it looks to me as if $115.00 had been given...so, let's take Lisa's $30.00 and we'll be in good shape!!!

We can do this...Simba needs his ear fixed...

I just knew that Isaac would be surprised when he got home...doesn't that make you angels feel good??

celayne

celayne

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 109 posts
Oh, he looks so sweet.  I love all the updates that Isaac has sent in!  A small amount is on its way via PayPal.  I hope he gets the rest very soon!

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
Simba now has $280 in donations. Another $240 will give this sweet boy the relief he deserves fro his pain.

Click here to make a donation.  And please, please help us get the word out to all of your social networking sites.
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
How wonderful is that news.....

We are getting there....Simba is over half way to getting his surgery...

Just think...no more pain for a wonderful boy...

isaac

isaac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
UNBELIEVABLE !!!!! YOU GUYS ARE TRULY ANGELS !!!  Just kicking back watching some TV with "you know who" sitting right next to me. He's really doing great on these pain meds but I can sense the discomfort once they wear off. Were Almost there !!! Come on !!!! This special guy will be all better soon !
Keep up the great work,...
Would love to pick the kids from school tomorrow and let them know that all the monies are in for their "Little Brothers" surgery.

isaac

isaac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Last night Simba was so great,,,, I ran to get the phone which was charging in the other room and forgot about my plate of chicken on the counter. I came back in the kitchen and he was lying at the foot of the counter with these eyes that said I DIDNT TAKE ANY..... Wish I had a camera ready.
Its now 4:45 am.... Time to go to work :(   Simba is giving me the "DONT LEAVE DADDY ! " face,,,,,,,
He just took a pain med and has one more for tonight,,,,,,   Hopefully hopefully hopefully he can get his surgery tomorrow AM, I heard the recovery is not easy but I am sure it is easier than living with the pain he is in now.
I just want this big guy happy and smiling again,,,,,
Have a great day ALL

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
OK guys...it's Monday...and from the sounds of Simba's Dad's last post Simba is out of pain pills tonight...

Have you ever had an ear ache??

You know how it HURTS...and this gentle boy is going to have an ear ache like you wouldn't believe...

His kids aren't going to understand why he doesn't want to play...and Simba isn't going to understand why he doesn't want to...the only think he's going to know is that he's in A LOT OF PAIN....

I see that a lot of people have been reading...I hope and pray that Simba can get his surgery SOON...he cannot continue to survive on pain pills, that is not the answer...the pain pills and the antibiotics are going to start affecting his stomach....

Let's see what we can do to make his surgery happen SOON.....

Isaac went to work bright and early this morning...it would be nice to get a little momentum going before he gets back home...Judy

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Update:  Simba has $290.    He needs $230 more to go for surgery.  

Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 05 March 2012 - 01:04 PM.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
OK,  This thread is quiet today.  We need $230 more to be raised.

I have spoken to the vet.  It sounds like they can fit him in tomorrow, or later this week, if we can raise the funds. Tomorrow would be nice, since it sounds like Isaac is out of pain meds for Simba.  

$230, by tomorrow, I think we can do it.

:)  Every dollar counts, one here and one there adds up.

To donate to Simba, please go to:http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm

Please designate your gift to"GF-Simba". Every penny is appreciated to help this Pet In Need.

If you want to donate directly to paypal you can use paypal@imom.org as the email address to donate to. Just please put in a note that you want your funds directed to Simba!

Melissa/IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
OK...IMOM angels...after tonight Simba is OUT of pain medication...

Can we stand to know that this sweet, gentle boy is going to be in A LOT OF PAIN??  I can't...

I wish it were more, but I will MATCH the NEXT $75.00 that is donated toward Simba's surgery.  I am going to go over to IMOM's Facebook page and post my challenge...

Who wants to be the FIRST to take my money???

Please...for Simba...

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Awesome Judy! That means every dollar equals $2.00! :)  

Come on IMOM Angels, we can do this!    That would get him so much closer to his goal.

Melissa/IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
I sure am hoping that there's someone out there that's wanting to take my money!!   :pp_animal_564:

Edited by Judy, 05 March 2012 - 03:24 PM.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
WELL, I have some exciting news!!!!

WE ARE AT ALL FUNDS RAISED!

Yup,  um, let me say that again, as I am just as surprised as you guys that this happened so fast this morning:  We are at all funds raised!!!! SIMBA CAN HAVE SURGERY!!!!

I will let Isaac know right now and call the vets! :)  Someone please load the bananas!!!!

Melissa/IMOM

Janice G

Janice G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 153 posts
I'll take some of that!  On my way over add my $25.

Janice G

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
YAY RAH...it's time for the bananas!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

isaac

isaac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
WHAT ?????? INCREDIBLE !!!!!
Im in tears of joy.......The kids are jumping up and down and even Simba is smiling in his own way......
WOW ! What a night ! What a day.....
Just spoke to the Vet.... Were all set up for 7:30 AM tomorrow
I will keep y'all posted with his progress.  
Cant wait to have a few extra pennies and pay this all forward.  

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU ALL......

Attached Files

isaac

isaac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

View Postisaac, on 05 March 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

WHAT ?????? INCREDIBLE !!!!!
Im in tears of joy.......The kids are jumping up and down and even Simba is smiling in his own way......
WOW ! What a night ! What a day.....
Just spoke to the Vet.... Were all set up for 7:30 AM tomorrow
I will keep y'all posted with his progress.  
Cant wait to have a few extra pennies and pay this all forward.  

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU ALL......

Attached Files

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Cool pics!!! Your kids are the cutest!  Thanks for the great pics!  Now to send good thoughts over to Simba for surgery.

Melissa/IMOM

Little Leo

Little Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
So happy for Simba,  Isaac!  And yes, IMOM IS TRULY A HUGE BUNCH OF ANGELS!  Since they have saved my Leo I can't believe how many others they have saved.  So happy for you and your kids, sleep well, big day tomorrow!

<3 Kim and Leo

kuhio98

kuhio98

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
Great photos of the family.  Keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers.  
Lisa http://www.goodsearch.com/ for IMOM ~ Earn a penny for IMOM with every search!
Also check out the Shopping function from GoodSearch

JamesWilletts

JamesWilletts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
I was SO glad to see the AFR bananas out for Simba!

While I keep checking in on my boy, you guys just keep on changing lives as every week goes on.  Amazing.

Thank you, Angels.  We need more like you in this world.

And congratulations, Isaac.  Welcome to the family.  Keep us posted on Simba's recovery.

See y'all on the Walter thread.  It was another good day for him, too.....

- James
--

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

isaac

isaac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
BIG DAY TODAY !
Dropping my daughter @ school then off to the Vet. Im sure hes gonna do great !  Havent even dropped him off yet and already excited to see him with his Satellite dish looking collar this afternoon.  Im sure the recovery will be tough but hes got a great support team.
Thanks again ANGELS for all your help and well wishes !
Have a great day all.........

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
Hoping to hear news soon that Simba is out of surgery and into recovery...SO glad this could happen so quickly for him...

isaac

isaac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
WERE HOME !!!!!   OK. so He will have a few uncomfortable days with the satelite dish collar and bandages but in the long run it was all worth it. Hes gonna be just fine !  THANKS AGAIN ANGELS !!!! Will post pic shortly

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,498 posts
How is Simba doing?  Getting used to the cone of shame?  :)  Hoping he is in much less pain now.  I will be looking for more great photos of Simba and the rest of your family.

Judy G.

P.S Loved the story about bringing home the wrong dog.  :)  I was impressed Rocky's family reclaimed him after hearing what a wild mnan he was!

isaac

isaac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

View PostJudy G, on 08 March 2012 - 10:26 PM, said:

How is Simba doing?  Getting used to the cone of shame?  :)  Hoping he is in much less pain now.  I will be looking for more great photos of Simba and the rest of your family.

Judy G.

P.S Loved the story about bringing home the wrong dog.  :)  I was impressed Rocky's family reclaimed him after hearing what a wild mnan he was!

I could tell he was in a little pain yesterday but today seems much better,,,,,, Think its more a DISCOMFORT than a pain right now.
Yea.... Rocky was quite the FIASCO.  
Heres Simba in his CONE OF SHAME :(

Attached Files

• Attached File  tn.jpg   19.52K   2 downloads

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
I am so happy to read that Simba is doing well with his recovery...YAY RAH...and that cone will soon be gone and Simba will be back to doing what he does best...being Simba...

Thank you for the updates...Judy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users