Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Buster needs spleen out today.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Katie&Buster

Katie&Buster
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Attached File  12-20-06_0915 (2).jpg   61.72K   2 downloads
Hello,
my name is Katie and I am desperately trying to save my Bichon Buster.  He has a large mass in his spleen that needs to be removed today. He had an ultrasound two days ago and the vet wanted to keep him to remove his spleen, but i didn't have the money.  Please pray for Buster.  Attached File  Picture 333.jpg   963.74K   2 downloads

Attached Files

Edited by Katie&Buster, 23 February 2012 - 11:31 AM.

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,499 posts
Hi Katie,

Buster is adorable.  I hope you have already gone to the financial aid tab and started the application process with IMOM.

Good luck.  I hope Buster can have his surgery.

Judy G.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Thanks to the IMOM Angels that donate to the general fund, we were able to secure surgery today with a pledge for $300.00 for Buster, 9 yr old Bichon.

Buster's mom has done well contacting other organizations and trying to raise money in a very short amount of time.  There was still about $1175 left that still needed to be found.  After a few emails and discussions with the vet, we were thankful that they will proceed with surgery with IMOM helping with $300.  

I need to stress, that this was an ultra urgent call. Buster was in ICU currently and needed help right now..... without this General Fund, we couldn't have made this happen.   I discussed with the vet's waiting and trying to raise the funds, but due to the declining state that Buster was in, it was not possible to wait.

So let me extend a HUGE THANK YOU and a kind hug to all of you that donate to the General Fund.

To Donate to the General Fund:  http://www.imom.org/...on/index.htm#gf

Melissa/IMOM

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
I have very very very sad news to report:   Buster has passed way to Rainbow Bridge.

The vet staff kindly wrote us an update:  "There has been a change in our status at this time. Unfortunately, Buster was euthanized in the OR, due to many irresectable tumors in the abdomen, not seen on ultrasound. We appreciate all that you were willing to do for Buster.
<br style="font-family: arial; font-size: small; ">Given this outcome, we do not need your donation. Please keep it for another pet who will/is in need."

:( so very sad for Buster's family.  However, he is now running free and hopefully being greeted by all of our loved fur babies who are also there.

Still, I am sadden to report this news.

Melissa/IMOM

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,499 posts
I am so sad to read this about Buster.  At least he had a family who loved him very much and were willing to do whatever they could to save him.  Sometimes no matter how much we want it, there is nothing that can be done.  I am sure they are grieving terribly right now, and missing his cute little face.  So sorry for their loss.

:animcnda_lg:

Judy G.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
I am so sorry for you...I could just see how much you loved your little boy...and he also knew it...

Katie, you tried your hardest, be proud of that.  Buster had a family that loved and cared for him...and did all you could to ease his pain...unfortunately sometimes that just isn't enough...we are here if you need us...please know that we also care...Sadly, Judy  :rose:

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
:animcndc_sm:
Foru and I are so sad to read about Buster's passing.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you, and your family.

There is no doubt Buster is now feeling no pain, and was greeted at the Bridge by the brigade, and the Magical LBK!

RIP Sweet Buster..... : (

Katie&Buster

Katie&Buster
  • Members
  • 3 posts

View PostJudy G, on 23 February 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

I am so sad to read this about Buster.  At least he had a family who loved him very much and were willing to do whatever they could to save him.  Sometimes no matter how much we want it, there is nothing that can be done.  I am sure they are grieving terribly right now, and missing his cute little face.  So sorry for their loss.

:animcnda_lg:

Judy G.

Katie&Buster

Katie&Buster
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Thank you to the donors who offered money for Busters operation. Unfortunately, the mass ended up being cancerous, and the cancer had spread to the degree that their was no saving him so I opted to have him put to sleep while he was still under anesthesia.  I am broken- hearted, but I am also grateful for all of the people wiling to help Buster and all of the condolences.  Thank you.
Katie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users