Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Jersey - Dog with HGE - Urgent!

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

jersey

jersey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Found a great caring vet jersey is in getting the life saving treatment she needs.  Thanks for all the donations and advice. Imom I couldn't of did this without you. Words can't express my gratitude, I will keep u updated on jersey girls progress. Thanks again!!!

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
Oh Thank God!  Imom and Angels have worked miracles again!  I am SO relieved that Jersey is now in the hospital and receiving treatment.   Thank you SO much to everyone who donated on behalf of Jersey and thank you to IMOM for once again coming to the rescue and providing emergency funds.  Now we can wait for Jersey's Mom to give us really positive updates!   :)   GREAT JOB in finding a new vet willing to work with IMOM and getting Jersey help!  

Everyone deserves a GIANT round of applause for there efforts today!   :aktion033:  

Chris   :minichien6:

AND, while we are waiting, maybe we can work on replenishing the General Fund so that the next true Emergency that comes along can receive the treatment that they need!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,918 posts
I just got home and RACED to the computer to check out Jersey and the news is JUST WHAT I WAS HOPING FOR...

Now  :magicmoon: can watch over this girl and we'll be praying that things go as they should and I'll be here first thing tomorrow morning to check in on how things are going...

BRAVO to the new and caring vet who took a chance on IMOM and a Momma that loved her dog and worked hard to get her the help she needed...

Positive thoughts and prayers for Jersey tonight...she's where she needs to be right now...Judy

jersey

jersey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Thanks again to IMOM and everyone who donated and gav us advice!!! Once I found out that this vet would work with IMOM we rushed right there. Jersey was just not doing good and we were nervous. She took her in right away and told us she needed treatment right away or she would most likely not make it. Well thanks to IMoM for working quickly and being on top of things. Everything went smooth. So I was able to leave Jeraey there. She is currently receiving IV and antibiotics. I will call the vet tomorrow to see how she is doing. They said Jersey would prob be there for three days.
We are so thankful!!!!!

jersey

jersey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Judy Rylee is so cute!!!!!  Thanks for your support

celayne

celayne

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 109 posts
Any updates on how Jersey is doing?

jersey

jersey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I'm gonna call the vet in a few minutes. I will update as soon as I hear something

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,918 posts
positive thoughts and prayers that last night and this morning went well....can't wait to hear...will be checking in after lunch...with luck before...Judy

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
I too was getting nervous, for both you and Jersey.  I am praying that today brings you good news on your little girl!

jersey

jersey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Dr was busy with surgeries so I didn't get to speak with her. I spoke with a vet tech. She said Jerser was receiving IV and was resting. I will call Dr later today. Thanks for the concerns. Will keep you all updated

jersey

jersey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Just talked to the vet. She said Jersey has made a mild improvement. She said Jeraey is not happy to be there. Waiting on the blood work to come back. She is still on IV. We miss her.

celayne

celayne

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 109 posts
I'm glad she has made some progress!   Keep us posted.

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
Foru and I are thinking of Jersey, and your family and praying hard for news of good continued improvement .

We know first hand the fear of the unknown.

Our positive thoughts and prayers are with you all.

BIG Hugs, and healing prayers coming your way.

Stay strong, and fight this Jersey Girl!

We cant wait to hear that you are continuing to improve, and well on the road to recovery!

jersey

jersey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Aaron is going to visit jersey tomorrow. The hospital is about 40 minutes away. It's kind of somewhat near where he is going to be working. Vet said maybe seeing someone she knows and loves will help her. She asked us to bring in her favorite treats. She still hasn't eaten anything. She tried giving her a special diet food but she just turned her  nose

celayne

celayne

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 109 posts
My beloved German shepherd Daisy would not eat food that was not given to her by me, so perhaps Aaron being there and offering treats will make Jersey feel like eating.  I'm sure Jersey is stressed out by being in a strange place and away from home, plus not feeling well.  So many people are pulling for her!!

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
Give the fluids and antibiotics a bit of time and Jersey will be feeling better every day!  She is probably feeling really awful right now and it is scarey for pets to be away from there family in a strange place. A visit from Aaron will surely lift her spirits!  The longer she is on the fluids, the better she will be feeling.  She will start to eat again soon but most importantly, she is getting the fluids she needs to save her life!  It sounds terrible but dogs can go for many days without food but not long without fluids.  Jersey's body is still trying to make up for what she had lost prior to treatment so you can plan on giving her special treats when she is able to come home to make up for lost time!  Once the IV fluids are able to flush out the toxins that were building up she will regain her appetite and her happy, loving personality!  I look forward to the next great update!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,918 posts
I'm with Chris...Jersey has had some pretty tough days before she got to the vet for treatment...and each day is going to be a little better...

I hope that Aaron's visit lifts her spirits...I don't know if you can do this today or not, but perhaps tomorrow...

bring a tee shirt or towel with Jersey's favorite persons scent on it...she'll know that she is not alone...and she'll have a loved ones smell with her while she's away...

jersey

jersey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Ok Jersey is home. They asked me to pick her up because she was just not happy to be there. She is not dehydrated anymore. Her HGE diagnosis was confirmed. She ate some boiled chicken and a little bit of white rice. She never really liked rice anyway. I didn't give her much. She is in her cage resting. She looks so much better.

celayne

celayne

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 109 posts
I'm so happy that she is home!  She should be improving rapidly now that she is back with her family.

jersey

jersey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Thank you everyone for all your concerns and donations.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
So what happens next? I mean they confirmed HGE, and gave fluids. Are you administering fluids at home?     I don't know much about HGE....does it come back? Is there meds? What happens now for Jersey?

Melissa/IMOM

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
It's great that Jersey is now home with you to finish her recovery.  

Melissa, usually there is no need to continue fluids at home unless Jersey does not drink.  They should have sent home antibiotics which will need to be finished and the boiled chicken & rice meals to continue for a few days with a gradual reintroduction of her normal diet.  This needs to be done slowly so the intestines have time to heal.  Dogs who have developed HGE can develop it again but there is no telling what set all this in motion so Jersey's family will just have to keep a close eye on her for any sign of a relapse.  If all goes well, then Jersey should be back to her old self in a week or so!  

Chris  :minichien6:

jersey

jersey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Exactly, we are giving her meds. She is drinking water on her own. We will start to introduce her food in 2 days. Right now she is eating boiled chicken and a little white rice. She is not a big fan of rice. Hopefully we will not go through this again. Now she is more prone to HGE. She is getting back to her old self. She is playing more and she seems happy now. Thanks again everyone!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users