Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Coco Smith

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Vicky T - IMOM

Vicky T - IMOM

Advanced Member

• IMOM Committee Volunteer
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
Coco is a pretty little 7 year old Pitbull that has pyometra.  Her Dad submitted the application to IMOM this weekend and has been working very hard to try and find funding for her much needed surgery over the weekend.

He wasn't able to gather the required funds, so he contacted IMOM as a last resort as time was running out for Coco.  Luckily IMOM has worked with his vet before, and we were able to negotiate the price down a little.  With the pledge of $900 from IMOM, and the last $100 her Dad has, Coco is now ready to go into surgery as soon as they can get her in.

This is what her Dad had to say about little Coco:

"My Coco is special to me because I was blessed to find her as a puppy and feed her by a baby bottle.  Coco has truly been my sanity through my hard time.  She's my best friend and my light for many dark days.  She is still full of life, and I hate for her to have to suffer due to my lack of funds."

Coco's Dad is at work right now, but I'm sure he will be along to post as soon as he gets home.  We will keep the forum updated if we hear anything sooner.

As always with our General Fund, we are only able to pledge this life saving money because of our donors.  Thanks to their caring generosity, IMOM has the chance to save animals like Coco.

If you would like to donate to our General Fund, please take a moment and visit our Donation Page.

Thank you again for your continued support and help for animals in need.

Vicky T
Vicky T
IMOM Volunteer

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
I am wondering how Coco is doing....and worrying....   Hope everything went ok. Hope to hear from Coco's Dad soon!

Melissa/IMOM

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
From CoCo's family (they are having trouble posting):

Good Afternoon, I would like to say my friends of CO-CO and I are extremely grateful for the donation to save her life.  Earlier that day the Dr had advise for us to get prepared to say our good bye's by Friday because Co-Co was in so much pain and was suffering.  Few hours later I was granted the award of the assistance of the surgery.  The Vet called yesterday evening advising that the surgery went well and Co-Co had awaken.  We are scheduled to pick her up this afternoon and bring her home. When we bring her home I would provide the community with more updates. Thank MUCH - YOU are truly LIFE savers for ANIMALS and HUMANS because you saved my Companion !

********************** IMOM Angels, you should be proud of your self....as your donations saved CoCo's life. Donations to the GF are so important. Many times we hear, that the only answer is $ or PTS.  And sometimes its a matter of minutes that decision has to be made. This was one of them. Very glad we were able to extend our help to CoCo.  (((HUGS))) to all of you.  Thank you for helping CoCo. If anyone ever wants to donate to the General Fund, you can do so by going to: http://www.imom.org/...on/index.htm#gf Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 21 February 2012 - 03:51 PM.

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
Great update on little Coco!  So glad to hear that everything went well and hopefully Coco is at home all cuddled up with her Dad!

Chris   :minichien6:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users