Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Carly Shepherd

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Vicky T - IMOM

Vicky T - IMOM

Advanced Member

• IMOM Committee Volunteer
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
Carly Shepherd is a 1 year old boxer who ate something that she should not have, and ended up with a bowel obstruction.

Carly's Mom was frantic and applied to everyone available, including IMOM.  Luckily, she was able to get a local Humane Society grant for $500.  This allowed IMOM to contact her vet, and pledge $500 towards Carly's life saving surgery.  The vet will allow Carly's Mom to work out the remaining balance of the surgery on payments.

Here is what Carly's Mom had to say about Carly:

"My 1 year old Boxer named Carly who is just like one of my children has been diagnosed with a blockage due to swallowing an object.  My children and I would be devastated if something happened to our baby."

Thanks to the generosity of our donors, we had the $500 in our General Fund to pledge to help save Carly's life.  As always, when we make these donations, our General Fund does tend to go down, and needs to be replenished.  If you care to make a donation to help keep our General Fund up, please Click Here.

Carly's Mom is anxiously awaiting the results of the surgery right now, but hopefully she can stop by soon and post an update for us.

Thank you again for your caring and support which allows us to help little angels like Carly!

Vicky T

Attached Files

Edited by Vicky T - IMOM, 20 February 2012 - 02:33 PM.

Vicky T
IMOM Volunteer

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
This one is near and dear to my heart having just gone through the same thing with my girl! I know what it's like waiting to hear if the surgery went well and also the first 5 days of recovery can be worrisome.  I am hoping and praying for a positive outcome on Carly's surgery and an easy recovery!  

Chris   :minichien6:

AngieandJeremy

AngieandJeremy
  • Members
  • 2 posts
I want to Thank IMOM so much for helping me with Carly! She is in surgery as we speak! I am just waiting for the call that she is out of surgery, and what exactly she ate..  I just dont know what I would do if I lost her. She means so much to us. Thank you again

Vicky T - IMOM

Vicky T - IMOM

Advanced Member

• IMOM Committee Volunteer
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
It is with a very heavy heart that we need to share that Carly did not make it through her surgery.  She has passed over the bridge this afternoon.

Our wishes and kind thoughts are with Carly's Mom right now, as she deals with her loss.

Please keep Carly's Mom in your thoughts and prayers as she grieves.

Vicky T

Edited by Vicky T - IMOM, 20 February 2012 - 04:17 PM.

Vicky T
IMOM Volunteer

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,918 posts
I am SO SO SAD to read this...I keep checking in to see what was happening...I don't have the words right now, but will be back later...

Just seeing that photo touched my heart...Sadly, Judy

:animcndc_sm:

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,479 posts
Like Judy, I have been checking back in to see how Carly was doing and so did not want to see this news.   I am so very sorry that Carly did not make it, and send all my sympathy to Angie and all of Carly's family.  You all will be in my thoughts and prayers.  She was such a beautiful dog, and just a baby.   This is just too sad.

Judy G.

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
I am so sorry for your loss of Carly. My heart is just broken for you right now.  I was hoping things would go well.  It is always so hard to loose your best friend and even harder when they are so young.  I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.  

Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users