Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Cyrus Fortenberry

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Good Morning Caitlin!!  I can't wait to see your post after your conversation with Mrs. Fortenberry....

I wanted you to know that some of our IMOM angels are on the west coast so they won't be surfacing until later...Melissa is in California so she might still be sleeping...didn't want you to think that you're all alone here...Looking forward to PHOTOS and stories about this little guy...

When you talk to Mrs. Forenberry would you thank her for taking Cyrus in??  Judy

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
News: $525 has been raised!  $1035 more is needed!

I have pulled over to post.....so I have to get back on road!  Let's make this a special day for Caitlin And her team....for Cyrus!  We can reach this goal by sharing Cyrus's story and posting to your social networking sites. And of course with donations. Every dollar helps!

All your donations, help and support are so very much appreciated. Thank you and Good Morning!

Melissa/IMOM

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
Fantastic news Melissa!  We are 1/3 of the way to helping Cyrus have his surgery!  Come on Angels!  We can do this...... :)

Chris :pp_animal_568:

georgiarvt

georgiarvt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I just spoke with Cyrus's mom and things are going as well as can be expected at home. Cyrus's best friend is a chihuahua named Black Jack. Mrs' Fortenberry said Black Jack has really started to be depressed because he misses getting to play with his giant best friend! Every time I carry Cyrus out to the car Black Jack is eagerly awaiting his return :)

We are sharing his story on our office Facebook page and spreading the word through professional organizations but we still really need your help IMOMers!!!!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Caitlin, you're doing a GREAT JOB with trying to raise outside funding...IMOM angels...it sure would be GREAT if we could get to $1,000.00 today...then tomorrow we can work on the balance...

SHARING and CROSS POSTING is the best thing we can do...can you post Cryus's story on your Facebook Wall and Twitter about him??

This is a very special case...the vet clinic is SO ACTIVE in helping make this a success...what a wonderful thing to show people...Judy

Plus, little Black Jack is getting depressed...and we sure don't want that, do we?

kathypaulypetsitting

kathypaulypetsitting
  • Members
  • 1 posts
We're sharing Cyrus's story on Toccoa-Stephens County Humane Shelter page and on my pet sitting and personal page. I'll be bringing over a donation to Mill Creek Veterinary tomorrow.  We're pulling for Cyrus to to have the surgery and a quick recovery, so he'll be back playing with his buddy, Black Jack, very soon!

georgiarvt

georgiarvt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thank you soooooo much Kathy! Let's keep up all the hard work and maybe we can do this tomorrow!!!!

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
News: $555 has been raised!

$1005 more needed! I am limited today on posting. But I'd sure love to come back and say we were at $1000...... Spread the word! Every single dollar helps!

Melissa/IMOM

georgiarvt

georgiarvt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
We are working hard today and trying to get all our proverbial 'ducks in a row' for Cyrus on Friday. We have some bandage material that was donated from a doctors office that we are sterilizing (new and unused of course!) and we are preparing all the surgical supplies we need. We are getting close to our goal - let's keep spreading the word! I'll let you know what our donations amount to that come directly to our office tomorrow- we're excited!!!

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
News: $555 has been raised!

$1005 more needed! I am limited today on posting. But I'd sure love to come back and say we were at $1000...... Spread the word! Every single dollar helps!

Melissa/IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
OK, let's get BUSY and spread the word...Cyrus NEEDS US...he has a vet clinic that is working HARD for him...he has a pet sitter posting for him...he is on Facebook and Twitter...and the clinic is posting everywhere they can...his owners are helping with stories about their little boy...

Now...all we have to do is HELP SPREAD THE WORD...pass his story on to others, ask them to do the same...and if you can DONATE...don't think your donation would be too small...it won't be...every single dollar counts...they all add up...

PLEASE...they are getting ready for surgery on Friday...can't we make this happen??  Did you see his little face??  He was shot by his NEIGHBOR...this little dog is innocent...and he needs our help.....

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
I'm getting a little nervous for Cyrus...

Caitlin is doing a tremendous job posting for Mrs. Fortenberry...if you read in an earlier post she does not have access to a computer so Caitlin has taken it upon herself to HELP this family and Cyrus...

She is working and still finding time to post updates and stories...and there are people that are posting Cyrus's store on their pet sitting pages, Facebook, Twitter and other sites...

We need to get HALF WAY to funds raised by midnight tonight so we don't have to work so hard tomorrow...he can have his surgery on Friday but we need the funds...

Can we make it to $750.00 raised tonight??  Please, share this story...it's SO important for a young, special little guy to get all fixed up...PLEASE...

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,181 posts
Please angels, every dollar will get Cyrus closer to surgery. There is a time crunch here-no amount is too small to help this sweet innocent pupper have surgery on Friday.

I have been here for nearly 8 years, and I have never seen a veterinary practice right in the thick of things helping with fundraising. Let's show them what the IMOM Magic is all about!

Hang in there Cyrus!

Hugs,
Cindy and the boyz
Posted Image

georgiarvt

georgiarvt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thank you Cindy and Judy and all those reading and spreading our cause! We CAN do this! Keep up the good work and we will meet our goal.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Cindy, you're right...I've been on IMOM just as long as Cindy and we have had some wonderful cases here and the vets of course are always wonderful...

BUT, this is a truly AMAZING VET CLINIC and STAFF...it's heartwarming to see how they are giving 100% PLUS to try to get this little guy fixed up...

I think that it sure would be nice to be able to be part of such a special case...I know that it sure makes me feel go to see what is going on in these pages...

Unfortunately I get up before dawn so I go to bed really early...the last thing I"ll do tonight when I shut of my light is to make sure that my prayers include this little guy and the people that care so much about him...

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
Fund update...

At the present time we have $830 in donations for Cyrus. That's a lot of money but we still need $730 so this sweet boy can have his surgery on Friday.

He has been through too much and his vet clinic has done too much for him not to go further. Please make a donation, of any amount, so Cyrus can get back to his business of being a puppy :pp_animal_568:

Click here to make your donation

And after you've made your donation please help us to spread the word that we have a young pup who needs help.
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
OK guys, I'm back and in full force......let's raise some money!!!

Please, skip that extra coffee in the morning, skip the fancy lunch, go for the value meal and send in those extra few dollars to help Cyrus! Please..... he needs us.  The vet has sent some pretty gruesome pictures of the actual wound....but I have been hesitant to post them. Let me just say, for the record, that the wound is insanely huge and gruesome.

We want to get all the help Cyrus needs.....and we have one day left to do it. About 24 hours from right now. That is $730 in 24 hours....That is only a little over $30.00 an hour!  We can do this IMOM Angels!  Cyrus needs us.  Please only think of him at this point....as he is the one that truly this is all benefiting.   That is at least how I feel.  Yes, the vet and staff would love to see him fixed too but really - this is all for Cyrus!

To donate to Cyrus, please go to:http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm

Please designate your gift to"GF-Cyrus".  If you want to donate directly to paypal you can use paypal@imom.org as the email address to donate to. Just please put in a note that you want your funds directed to Cyrus Fottenberry!

Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 08 February 2012 - 11:44 PM.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
I think everyone is sleeping...... Hmmmm I sure hope we hear more stories from Cyrus's family.   Libraries have internet access usually..... (just a suggestion!)   It sure would be nice to hear more from either Cyrus's mom or dad.  

Please, everyone, think of little Cyrus if you can.  He's got a lot of folks pulling for him....We just need a few more folks to help him out.

Good Night everyone, sweet dreams and kisses to Cyrus.

Melissa/IMOM

psm

psm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
Cyrus,

I have just donated the last $730.00 so that your surgery will happen on schedule.  Judy brought your case to my attention and told me how everyone is working to get you to "All Funds Raised", now here you are!  

I hope you are feeling better soon and back to playing with your little buddy Black Jack.

Pam

georgiarvt

georgiarvt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thank you so much Pam! And to all the IMOMers who made this possible. Cyrus will be coming in Today for his surgery! We will have photos (of the non gruesome variety) to share.

With Love and Deep Gratitude,
Caitlin
Bobbie Fortenberry
Dr. Worthy and staff of Mill Creek Veterinary Hospital

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
Pam, Thank you so much for getting Cyrus to all funds raised!  

Chris   :pp_animal_568:

rocody

rocody

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 352 posts
My prayers are with you and your precious baby Cryus for a complete recovery and thank everyone for helping and especially you Pam. Thank you so much you are a God send
Rose

Edited by rocody, 09 February 2012 - 09:30 AM.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
WOW, a case that really did get bumped up for surgery once funds were raised!!!  Amazing!!! (you all probably remember my track record with that hasn't been so good..... which totally crushes me when surgery can't happen sooner after money is raised!)

I can't move to AFR yet until our treasurer confirms the funds. Then I can move little Cyrus over to AFR.
I can't get excited until then.....I am trying to contain myself ;)

Melissa/IMOM

TigresMeow

TigresMeow

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 669 posts
Pam -

I am wondering something.... Where do you hide your angel wings?  Thank you and thank you to all the angels that have made this possible.  Now let's get this baby all fixed up. :)
Kat n her K9 Crew
-Katie, Corree, Stormy, Dakota Rose, Maggie, Belle, Kiwi, Lola and Coco Puff
-and 3 special Sheltie Angels...Sable, Megan and Lacey Jane
-and 2 special Chihuahua Angels.....Callie (Chunky Monkey) and little Peanut and 1 special Pittie angel....Dixie Doo

Posted Image

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,181 posts

View PostTigresMeow, on 09 February 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

Pam -

I am wondering something.... Where do you hide your angel wings?  Thank you and thank you to all the angels that have made this possible.  Now let's get this baby all fixed up. :)

Kat, Pam even got Tuck and Justice to "fully sponsored" status today! :wub:

Prayers being sent up for Cyrus! So happy the surgery is TODAY!!

Hugs!
Posted Image

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Its official!!! AFR!  Break out those bananas!

THANK YOU to everyone!!!!   Can't wait to hear how surgery goes!
Melissa/IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Now that we are OFFICIALLY at All Funds Raised...here come the BANANAS!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
I keep hitting refresh, hoping to see some kind of update.  I'm at the end of my chair waiting to hear something.....my stomach is worried.

Melissa/IMOM

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
I'm sure we will hear something soon.  If his surgery was later in the afternoon, updates are usually not given until the pet is awake from the anesthesia. At that point, you can breathe a sigh of relief!  We will just have to keep praying that all went well!  

Chris   :pp_animal_568:

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,181 posts
worry...worry...worry...pacing... pacing...

Praying...praying..
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users