Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Leo Callahan

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Vicky T - IMOM

Vicky T - IMOM

Advanced Member

• IMOM Committee Volunteer
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
This morning we had an emergency application for Leo Callahan, a little 1 year old pit bull who has a GI blockage.  Leo was not treated very well as a puppy, and his Mom rescued him from a shelter earlier last year.

His Mom took him into the emergency vet this weekend, and exhausted all of her funds getting him treated over the weekend.

Today it was determined that surgery had to happen in order to save Leo's life.  The emergency vet was too costly, so Leo's Mom took it on herself to find a new vet, who was willing to take Leo immediately into surgery.

Thanks to the kind hearted office manager's and vets at Delaware Valley Vet hospital, and our wonderful donors, Leo is on the way from the emergency vet to his surgery this afternoon.

IMOM pledged $1000 out of our General Fund to help save Leo's life this morning, and his Mom worked out a payment plan for the remaining amount that is going to be due after the surgery.

Without our generous donor's, IMOM would not have been able to help save Leo's life.  Thank you so much to all of our donors!

If you would like to help us replenish our General Fund, please visit our General Fund Donation Page and help if you can.

Leo's Mom is busy getting him transported to the new vet, but I'm sure she will be along to post as soon as she can.

Thank you again to our donors, and paws cross for Leo.

Vicky T

Attached Files

Vicky T
IMOM Volunteer

Little Leo

Little Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
I will put a bigger post in later but at this time I have to thank everyone who help to my baby, Leo.  Words are not enough but my family will forever be thankful!

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,028 posts
hoping little Leo has a non-eventful recovery and can resume his puppyhood again.
Posted Image

Vicky T - IMOM

Vicky T - IMOM

Advanced Member

• IMOM Committee Volunteer
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
Just a quick note to let everyone know that Leo is in surgery, and we are waiting on an update from his Mom as soon as he gets out.

Vicky T
Vicky T
IMOM Volunteer

Little Leo

Little Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Leo is out of surgery and doing well.  Surgery went well and expect a full recovery.  When I get to see him I will take pictures to share tomorrow.  Thank you to Vicky who worked so fast with so little time.  To the donors and IMOM you are my angels and saved my baby!

Little Leo

Little Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Leo is doing great!  Came out of recovery with flying colors and hopefully the rest of his journey will be as good :-)

kuhio98

kuhio98

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,611 posts
Gentle hugs to Leo while he's healing.    Do they know what he ate to block him up?  Sometimes those rope toys can cause some major problems....

Course I think IMOM has had a couple of doggers who ate clothing and blankets too.  

Lisa http://www.goodsearch.com/ for IMOM ~ Earn a penny for IMOM with every search!
Also check out the Shopping function from GoodSearch

Little Leo

Little Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
It was string but they haven't had a rope toy in 6 weeks.  Even with them I never let them lay around.  When they were done playing tug a war I would put it away.  Never found what it could be.  My house is really baby proofed, still really don't know what he got.  But he is doing well and We can't wait to see him.  Really miss that bubbly baby around the house.  Thanks for all the well wishes.

Little Leo

Little Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Went see Leo today.  He is doing really good but so out of sorts.  Afraid of his male caretaker and just too much going on.  I think it's mostly from the pain and meds.  He was fine yesterday.  But the good news is he is coming along great, as he should be.  Many thanks again to IMOM for being Leo's angel.

Little Leo

Little Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

View PostLittle Leo, on 07 February 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

Went see Leo today.  He is doing really good but so out of sorts.  Afraid of his male caretaker and just too much going on.  I think it's mostly from the pain and meds.  He was fine yesterday.  But the good news is he is coming along great, as he should be.  Many thanks again to IMOM for being Leo's angel.

Little Leo

Little Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Attached File  DSCN1689.JPG   2.5MB   0 downloadsAs of this morning Leo is doing great!!  He is eating and drinking everything is staying down.  Much happier when a woman tech came in :)  Everything is going and I will let you know more later on this afternoon.  A picture of Leo is attached from yesterday.

On another note I am posting and sharing your charity with everyone.  News groups and even Rachel Ray.  Just trying to get as much attention for all the great things IMOM does.

Little Leo

Little Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Leo is looking soooo good.  There's a good chance of him coming home later today.  His spirits were much better today,  More like his bubbly little self.  Eating well and he even has his water at will now.  Which he must love because he is a water hound :)  Around 4 pm I'll know what they are going to do. I'll update then.

<3 Leo and family

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,891 posts
Thank you for the updates and especially THANKS for the GOOD NEWS!!!  there's nothing better than the news that Leo is doing WELL and might get home today...YAY RAH!!!

He's a beautiful boy...Judy

Little Leo

Little Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Leo is home!  It's a little crazy right now.  Both the dogs are just too excited for Leo's good and separating isn't that easy.  But happy the baby is doing GREAT!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,891 posts
Leo is just a doll and I am thrilled that he is home...Isn't it amazing how hard it is to keep them quiet??

I saw that you and your sister posted on IMOM's facebook page THANK YOU for helping and sharing...it's one of the most important things you can do for a PIN...

Please keep us updated on your boy and his progress...I know he's going to do well...Judy

Little Leo

Little Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Thanks for the love Judy!

Little Leo

Little Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Leo is still doing great!  Happy, healthy, recovering puppy.  Poor baby wants to play soooo bad with Max.  And Max doesn't know what to do but bark at him.  But besides that everything is going wonderful.

On a side note, I am so Happy Cyrus received his operation. It's horrible when you feel so helpless.  The donors are AMAZING!

Little Leo

Little Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Leo's recovery is still moving along greatly.  So happy, really just his bubbly self!  I'll post another picture later when I can get my 9 yr. Old off :-)

Little Leo

Little Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Two more days til Leo gets his staples out.  Yeah!  IMOM, I still work very hard every day getting your charity's story out there.  And when I can I will be donating.  <3

Little Leo

Little Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Leo is doing great!! Never would know we almost lost him.  IMOM I will forever be in your debt!  I post and share everything and when I can start donating I will.  Today thinking of Walter and his family! Sending them love and prayers!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,891 posts
So glad to read that Leo is doing WELL...that's exactly the kind of news that we want to hear at IMOM!!!

AND, BLESS YOU for sharing and spreading the word for the new PINs that come to IMOM...that is the most important thing you can do...believe me...the more people that know the better...

And, it's GREAT to see you on the forums and posting on the new peoples thread...it gives them hope to read what others have experienced and for them to know they are not alone...

I know what you mean about Walter...he's a special boy...I keep checking in to see if there's any updates but I'm figuring it's way too early yet...I bet we won't hear anything until this evening...two surgeries and two kitties to monitor...

Again, THANK YOU for sharing and caring...hugs to you and Leo...Judy

Little Leo

Little Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
It is the least I can do Judy!  I will always share everyday.  I will do for others that was done for my family.  IMOM and the donors are heaven sent.  Makes you believe, everyday.  Hope should be spread and most of all LOVE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users