Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

FuMan Chew Rupp

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Diagnosis: Shot in Chest, pericardial effusion, possible internal bleeding
Amount of estimate: $1800
Owner Contribution: $300 (Owner has exhausted all other funds already to help FuMan Chew).

Emergency pledge for Transfusion:
$500 (From IMOM)
Fund raising goal: $1040 (4% has been added to help pay IMOM's business operating expenses)
Spayed or neutered: No! Not stable enough for anesthesia.   Heart has to recover.....
Caseworker: Melissa

***Update: $175 has been raised as of 5:53 PST.  $865 left to be raised!

FuMan Chew is a 8 yr old Chihuahua Mix that has been shot with a BB at close range. The BB went through the chest and nicked the heart.   The owners have exhausted all their funds to save their baby.  The hospital needed a pledge from us for an emergency transfusion (As the PVC(pcv?) has been dropping), if it was needed tonight. We have pledged the $500 for the transfusion, if it is needed.

The next part is cont. hospitalization, iv meds, possible echo cardiogram/chest tap, continued treatment to keep FuMan Chew stable.    I spoke with the vet many time today, and the only option is to bring the dog home and hope for the best, or raise more funds so that they can continue to treat FuMan Chew.  With our pledge, they are going to let us try to raise the funds over night.  The hope is with the last $1500, that FuMan Chew should be on his way to recovery.

Our goal is to raise the money by mid morning (PST time).  

To donate to FuMan Chew, please go to: http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm

Please designate your gift to"GF-FuMan Chew". Every penny is appreciated to help this Pet In Need.

If you want to donate directly to paypal you can use paypal@imom.org as the email address to donate to. Just please put in a note that you want your funds directed to FuMan Chew!

Melissa/IMOM

(Note: fund updates will be posted as time allows. Please be patient with us, as we do this manually)

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 31 January 2012 - 08:54 PM.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
All I can say is WOW...poor, little thing...I will be sending positive thoughts and prayers that tonight FuMan Chew is stabilized and that things start turning around for him and with the rest and IV fluids he begins to recover FULLY.

The forum is very confusing in the beginning so I would imagine it will be a bit before the owners get posting...

Let's see what we can do to make them welcome and to encourage them to be comfortable with us...

FuMan Chew needs help....he needs to begin to recover and worrying and stressing is not  going to be a good thing for anyone...

What we can do right now is to spread the word about this little guy...post on your wall on Facebook and if you twitter, please do...

There are IMOM angels out there everywhere...so, let's get busy and start working to help this little fella...Judy

Edited by Judy, 31 January 2012 - 08:00 PM.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
News:  $175 has been raised to help FuMan Chew. $865 left to be raised!

(Isn't it exciting to get news!!!) :)  Thank you to everyone that has helped.  All donations are very much appreciated to help this Pet In Need. Please feel free to spread the word and share this link too.   http://www.imom.org/...?showtopic=8214  

To donate:

http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm

Please designate your gift to"GF-FuMan Chew".

I just spoke with the vet, the owners are working on coming here. They had some snafu's that we are working through. Hope to see them soon!
Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 31 January 2012 - 08:54 PM.

Fu ManChew's mommy

Fu ManChew's mommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Posted ImageThank you good people of imom.org and the angels out there reading this. I am Mandi Fu ManChews mommy. I have been his mommy and best friend since he was 4 weeks old.

When I first saw his scruffy face I said look at him he has a Fu ManChew and the name stuck. The current owner named him brown paws but he was a Fu Man from the first day I laid eyes on him. I knew he would be my companion for ever. He was suppose to be a surprise for my husband for homecoming from a 7 month deployment. I didn't know then that Fu would bring so much joy and happiness to our family.
The day we brought out first child home he instantly took to her and became her protector. He watched over all of us and he sences when we are in need of a cuddle or a kiss because of this he has the nickname of Sir lick-a-lot. He is the sweet fur friend ever.

On Jan. 30th at 7:30 am we were continuing our daily routine of getting our daughter ready for school. We opened the sliding glass door to let our other other puppy out to pee. Fu Man is a bit slow so it takes him awhile to go potty, he usually waits for my son to get up and take him out. So like every morning my son goes outside with Fu. And they do their daily routine. Tommy chase our other puppy Dazie (lab/husky) through the yard and Fu man goes over to my neighbors house to visit. I was at the door calling him back about 5 minutes after he went out. My son tells me he is coming back but he is slow. That's normal for him though but then I realize that Fu is foaming at the mouth and limping. I picked him up and brought him inside right away to lay him on my bed. That is when I realize the blood and the small whole in his chest. I knew right away he was shot ( I grew up with a father who collected BB and pellet guns so I knew what a bb hole looked like).  I called the hospital told the we were on our way. As I carrried him he was cold. I could feel him hanging on but he was leaving me. I called my husband once we arrived and his Navy Command (bless them) let him come to us at the hospital.  Sorry writing this first post has me in tears I need to take a minute and will be back with important updates from his Vet

.Sincerely,
Mandi

Edited by Fu ManChew's mommy, 01 February 2012 - 06:42 PM.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Oh my, I feel like I am there.  This is horrible what happened to FuMan Chew.  

*HUGS* hang in there, he's going to pull through.  He is in good hands and they are keeping good care of him.    

Can't wait to see pics!  He sounds adorable!  And to read the rest......

IMOM Angels: Please keep FuMan Chew in your thoughts tonight too if you can.   Please share or cross post so that everyone learns about FuMan Chew!  

Melissa/IMOM

Fu ManChew's mommy

Fu ManChew's mommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Okay I am back. I had a moment to dry the tears. While writing this we received a awesome news from the attending Vet. She says Fu man is such a fighter and has surprised them all that update soon but first i wanted to tell about my earlier visit. When I visited him this afternoon his blood levels dropped from 25 to 23% and the wonderful Corey helped me with all the paper work need for imom. Thank you for all that you do, imom. I can't believe the support that Fu and my family has received!  And Yes Fu Man Chew is a fighter! The vet said they were able to take him off the intravenous  pain meds and switch to a patch (she said he won't be so groggy now). He is swollen all over but can be from the amounts of fluids, the trauma, and of course blood loss- he still has blood in his stool. However he is standing and GUESS what? .....he went out side to pee! Yes he is going on his own. She said he took his time but he peed then peed some more. I never thought  I would be so happy about my dog peeing but it's the best news ever! He is also wagging his tell when he sees us and his new care takers. They are still trying to get him to eat but he is stable throughout - lactate and gas level in the blood look good, Fu Man is a fighter and he will see it through this!!
Thank you all for reading our story and saying prayers for our fur baby! We truly appreciate the donations, prayers, comments of support! Just knowing there are people who love our fur friends and care for them as much as we do has been so comforting Thank you!  
Mandi Ps. Pictures are coming soon. Having a friend come over to help me post them. I am limited on my knowledge of this site and how to post and with only an iPad I can't get it to post pics, so she is bringing her lap top. Thank you all again your kindness is much appreciated!

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
That is very good news!  I am glad things are looking up for FuMan Chew. $865 is still needed though to keep FuMan Chew in the hospital.  He really needs round the clock watching still. We don't want him to have to be sent home before time.  I told the vet I would let them know where we were mid morning.  Lets keep hoping no transfusion will be needed either.

I love reading this good news!
Melissa/IMOM

Huckleberry Hound

Huckleberry Hound

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 419 posts
Sent a little-wish it could be more to help this little chi trooper.

Rally Angels and surround FuMan Chew with Magic.
Pick the Adoption Option - Rescue One in Need

Fu ManChew's mommy

Fu ManChew's mommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Yes it is good news but he is not out of the woods just yet. We are still hoping that we will have the funds to do the ultra sound to see things going on with the heart and to maybe see the source of blood loss.  
Going to visit our little man check in after  

Melissa IMOM said:

1328065825[/url]' post='119832']
That is very good news!  I am glad things are looking up for FuMan Chew. $865 is still needed though to keep FuMan Chew in the hospital.  He really needs round the clock watching still. We don't want him to have to be sent home before time.  I told the vet I would let them know where we were mid morning.  Lets keep hoping no transfusion will be needed either.

I love reading this good news!
Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Fu ManChew's mommy, 31 January 2012 - 10:19 PM.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Your vet must be close! Your lucky. That is great that you get to visit. That will reassure him that his mommy loves him and he must get well so he can come home!  :)

Although.....us IMOM folks want to see pictures of this darling FuMan Chew!  <hint>
Melissa/IMOM

Fu ManChew's mommy

Fu ManChew's mommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Attached File  4.jpg   66.95K   11 downloads

Fu ManChew's mommy

Fu ManChew's mommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Picture of the entry wound. Attached File  3.jpg   57.33K   10 downloads

Fu ManChew's mommy

Fu ManChew's mommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Christmas 2009Attached File  fumanchew.jpg   13.5K   7 downloads

Fu ManChew's mommy

Fu ManChew's mommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Fu ManChew is everyone's care taker when they are sick. He is there to cuddle and  to make sure you get better. Thank you all for being there for Fu Man in his time of need! Attached File  2.2.jpg   50.79K   9 downloads

Fu ManChew's mommy

Fu ManChew's mommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Chilling at our neighbors house on his fur friend Murray's bed (Murray is a yellow lab). Attached File  IMG_0245.JPG   1.27MB   11 downloads

Edited by Fu ManChew's mommy, 01 February 2012 - 01:00 AM.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
FuMan Chew is adorable! I had no doubt he was though.... :)  
Little man on the big bed. How cute!  So very sad though to see him in the vets :(  But he looks like he is trying.

OK IMOM Angels I don't have a fund update yet....but as soon as I do, you know I will be posting NEWS!

I really hope it's good news....as FuMan Chew needs to stay at the hospital and recover. I hope he didn't need the transfusion last night. Hopefully his numbers are not dropping anymore.

To donate:   http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm

Please designate your gift to"GF-FuMan Chew"

Melissa/IMOM

Fu ManChew's mommy

Fu ManChew's mommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
It 730am here in California and at midnight last night his blood levels were still at 23% and had not dropped. Which is good but he is close to the 20% where they would do the blood transfusion. But luckily I did not receive a call about them doing it yet, so I believe he made it through the night with out one. I was also told he ate a little baby food and when given dog food he turned away. But a tech said try cat food his mom said he has 9lives like a cat and guess what he gobbled it up. These are all great signs that Fu Man is on his way to recovering. But he still needs that ultra sound of his heart so they can better determine the damage to the heart. I am awaiting for the morning rounds to be done and for updates. Will keep you posted.
~ Mandi

Melissa IMOM said:

1328109875[/url]' post='119850']FuMan Chew is adorable! I had no doubt he was though.... :)  
Little man on the big bed. How cute!  So very sad though to see him in the vets :(  But he looks like he is trying.

OK IMOM Angels I don't have a fund update yet....but as soon as I do, you know I will be posting NEWS!

I really hope it's good news....as FuMan Chew needs to stay at the hospital and recover. I hope he didn't need the transfusion last night. Hopefully his numbers are not dropping anymore.

To donate:   http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm

Please designate your gift to"GF-FuMan Chew"

Melissa/IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
Checking in this AM and so far I'm liking the reports...of course we need to make it all "official" but my husband always says...no news is good news...

FuMan's Mom...you are doing a GREAT JOB posting...and I love the photos...he is SO cute and what a little toughie...good for him!!  Judy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,193 posts
FuMan is sooo adorable. I met a sweet Chi a couple weeks ago that belongs to an angel here at IMOM, and that wee one was so precious. I can only imagine what u are going thru worrying abt FuMan.

Please angels, FuMan needs the heart ultrasound-can u help him get it?

Hugs,
Cindy
Posted Image

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
It's more than the ultra sound. Without the funds, FuMan Chew must go home. So we have to raise these funds.    He needs to be monitored due to his blood loss and levels....And how fragile he is.  I hope to have an update soon on the fund progress.... I will let you know as soon as I have one.  But I have a feeling we still need more funds. So please, share and cross post and dig in those couch cushions for anything you can come up with.

To donate: http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm

Melissa/IMOM

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,499 posts
I was waiting for a funds update, but have just sent $25 since Melissa thinks we are still low.  Positive thoughts and healing energy being sent to little FuMan Chew!

Judy G.

Fu ManChew's mommy

Fu ManChew's mommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Spot with vet. Fu is stable and blood level is still at 25%. Because we don't have the funds to keep him longer he will come home but we are hoping and the vet as well that we can get him the ultra sound he needs so we can verify. That there is no blood clot. We have until 10 am that's only 55 min. I am soooo worried to bring him home. Not sure we will have a choice at this point :(

Fu ManChew's mommy

Fu ManChew's mommy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Thank you for updating this...it's hard to wrap my head around all the medical stuff when iam so emotional. I try to keep good notes but when I look at them I just cry. And yes you are right...he will come home if we don't have the funds to monitor him or do the do the ultra sound.
u

Melissa IMOM said:

1328115648[/url]' post='119865']
It's more than the ultra sound. Without the funds, FuMan Chew must go home. So we have to raise these funds.    He needs to be monitored due to his blood loss and levels....And how fragile he is.  I hope to have an update soon on the fund progress.... I will let you know as soon as I have one.  But I have a feeling we still need more funds. So please, share and cross post and dig in those couch cushions for anything you can come up with.

Melissa/IMOM

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
NEWS: $315 has been raised!!!  $725 more needed.  

Thank you for your continued support for FuMan Chew.    Any amount helps.  $1.00, $5.00 etc will help us reach the goal.

Melissa/IMOM

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
NEWS: $340 raised!     That leaves only $700 more to go!
Thank you thank you thank you!
Melissa/IMOM

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Ok IMOM Angels, here is the scoop.I have spoken with the vet multiple times just now trying to get a handle on this. We don't want to see him go home if he is not well enough. The situation is, he has to have the Ecko (ultra sound).   If it turns out OK and he is eating, he can go home and be crate rested.  They can't really do much more for him. I ensured it was not because of money, but that there is nothing more they can really do. If the ecko looks bad, if there is a blood clot, if he stops eating, or blood levels drop, he needs to stay.  However, that will be determined on if there are funds to keep him.  We need to raise more funds for him to have this test this morning.  To donate: http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm
Melissa/IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
IMOM angels...let's make this happen...we need to get this boy his TEST...TODAY...and SOON...

Please SHARE, CROSSPOST and post on your FACEBOOK WALL...he needs our help...Judy

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Oh my, I have amazingly good insanely awesome NEWS:  We are at AFR!!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!   I can't believe it! You guys are so incredible.  YOU HELPED This adorable little FuMAN CHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love posting such great news!    ok someone post bananas for me!!!!
Melissa/IMOM

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Someone pinch me. Did that really just happen???  
Wow, wow, wow!!!!  

Melissa/IMOM

Hope and Angel Kitty Kitty

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 142 posts
Okay, this breaks my heart that someone is so cruel!  God help them!  Even though I have a feline right now getting vet care who has been having bloody stools for two weeks, I am digging deep and donating $30.00 to FuMan.  With that said, this donation is on behalf of all my angels, especially my heart kitty, Angel Kitty Kitty.  Hang in there FuMan and FuMan's mommy, he will get the care he needs.  The IMOM Angels work very hard to make sure all fur babies in need get the help they so urgently need.  Keep posting!  The angels are reading!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users