Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

7 Parvo Puppies

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

4 Luv of Dog Rescue took in 7 Shepherd/Lab mix puppies, only 5 weeks old.

All the puppies have PARVO and needed to begin treatment immediately upon intake. These babies are currently hospitalized on IV fluids and medication.

They will need to remain in the hospital for more treatment. IMOM was able to pledge $500 towards the further treatment needed.

Thank you to everyone who contributes to the General Fund, your donations made this pledge possible.

We are all holding these little ones in our thoughts for a full recovery.

Tammy-IMOM

Look at that sweet little face!

vickyimom

vickyimom

Board of Directors

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 866 posts
So happy that IMOM could make a pledge to help these adorable pups! Folks, don't forget, IMOM is having a Chip-In Fundraiser to replenish funds spent in December 2011 (over $10,000) - we need to replenish funds, so we can help when cases like these adorable pups come along!

Looking forward to happy updates and more pics of these cuties!
Vicky

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi everyone!  My name is Lori and I am a volunteer with 4 Luv of Dog Rescue.  We are so thankful for the support and well wishes from IMOM for our seven new rescue babies!  Their names are Raphael, Shadow, Bruno, Tippy, Melanie, Wrinkles and Lady.  I have attached some pics.   Four of the puppies are doing much better today and their IV's were removed. YAY!  They even got some food in their belly's and were allowed a little play time together.  Not too much though - we don't want them to overdo.  The other three are still struggling but their fevers dropped overnight (almost to normal), so we are hopeful that they are on their way to recovery now too.   Please send positive thoughts.  These pups deserve so much more than the horrible start in life that they have had so far.

Attached Files

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
Holding them ALL in my heart, thoughts and prayers !!!!

What totally adorable little sweethearts !!!!  :wub: :heart: :wub:

Fingers, toes, paws and whiskers crossed that they ALL will be doing fine in the next day or two !!!!

Sending ALL our LOVE amd Special Cuddles,
Donna and 'The Bandit'  :wub:

:felineicon:

:heart:  :heart:

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Well, our little ones are hanging in there and 4 of them are starting to "go crazy", per the vet - which is very good news.  They are yipping a bit and starting to act like regular puppies!  The other three are not out of the woods yet but only one still has bloody diarrhea.  Send some extra positive thoughts for this little pup.  We are so thankful for the amazing staff at Casselton Veterinary Services.  They are taking such good care of these little fluffballs.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,997 posts
I have been reading about these 7 pups and am sending positive thoughts and prayers that today the last little pup is joining the rest of the babies and is doing better...

THANK YOU for taking these special pups in and working so hard to make them well...I will keep checking in to see how they are doing.  Judy

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Our little rescue babies have been in the hospital for a week now.  Four of them are still doing well and the other three still have a ways to go, but do seem to improve slightly each day.  Melanie has been the sickest one and is still struggling, but they think she seems a little bit better today.  They are going to give the three sickest pups a little mushy food and meds today to see how they tolerate it.  Cross your fingers!

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
Attached File  securedownload.jpg   1.27MB   2 downloadsOMG, the picture on your original post with the e-collar brought back so many memories and I couldnt help but cry.

I havent been online for a few days and just saw this thread this evening.

I am thrilled that 4 of the pups are doing so great, and pray Melanie will catch up quickly.

I will make a donation to assist just as soon as I can.

God bless you all for what you are doing for these poor inocent pups.

They are beautiful, I should be able to make a donation by Friday.

Sending positive thoughts, and prayers for a full recovery .

Seven is a lucky number, so here is to prayers for a full recovery for all 7 pups.

Dawn, and Foru ( the monkey)

Edited by Forusmom, 29 January 2012 - 10:37 PM.

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Well, it seems that little Melanie has turned the corner a bit!  She and Bruno (two of the three sickest) are doing better and MAY come off fluids today or tomorrow.  Tippy (the 3rd sick one) has been declining all week.  She is still pretty lethargic and won't come to greet the techs when they come to her kennel.  But the other two (Melanie & Bruno)  are doing better, their energy is up and they are wanting to eat on their own.  Tippy was doing ok at the beginning of the week but as the days went on she went down-hill.  We are hoping that the virus hit her last and that she pulls thru like the rest.  But overall they are getting better.  

The statistics for parvo are pretty grim so it is amazing that these pups are all still with us after 8 days.  If we did not have these pups hospitalized 24/7, like we have been, there is no doubt these dogs would be dead.  They are beating the odds.  It is unusual that parvo hits pups soo young (usually after 8 weeks is when it hits) and it is AMAZING that these young pups are fighting sooo hard to live.  Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes.  Four of the seven are doing MUCH better!!  Keep the positive thoughts coming!  

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,997 posts
Parvo is a terrible disease and I hope that all 7 pups can make it...I take a deep breath right before I click on their thread...hoping and praying to see good news...but worrying...

I know that Parvo is such a devastating sickness...sending prayers that all 7 of these babies can be strong and beat it...Judy

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
GOOD NEWS today!  Six of the seven pups are doing well - four of them even had solid stools! :))   They are off IV fluids, eating, playing and trying to chomp on each others tails!   Some are feistier than others - but all six have really improved.  Tippy is still the weakest and is the smallest girl of the bunch.  She did seem a little perkier today and was able to keep down some food, so that is awesome news.  If she does well overnight she may be able to come off the IV.  As you see in the attached pic, she is the only one left wearing a cone. :(  Poor little girl.  We are more hopeful than ever that all seven pups are going to be just fine!!!  Tippy just needs a little more time.  Thanks to everyone for well wishes!!! Thanks to IMOM for the financial support!   If they continue to do well, they may be released from the hospital and placed in a foster home within the next week.

Attached Files

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
What great news! Thoughts and prayers are with little Tippy, that she catches up quickly!

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Awesome news - all seven pups are doing well!!!  Tippy is now off IV fluids and is eating!!  The three weakest pups are the smaller of the seven because they disease hit them so hard that their little bodies need to catch up to their bigger brothers and sisters.  It is truly amazing that all seven pups survived.  The mortality rate for parvo is very high.  Casselton Vet did all they possibly could for these pups, including using some eastern medicine healing herbs. Some of the meds typically given to parvo dogs could not be given to such young, weak puppies.  We believe we have finally turned the corner and all pups will be just fine!!  

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,894 posts
:banana:

View Post4 Luv of Dog Rescue, on 01 February 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

Awesome news - all seven pups are doing well!!!  Tippy is now off IV fluids and is eating!!  The three weakest pups are the smaller of the seven because they disease hit them so hard that their little bodies need to catch up to their bigger brothers and sisters.  It is truly amazing that all seven pups survived.  The mortality rate for parvo is very high.  Casselton Vet did all they possibly could for these pups, including using some eastern medicine healing herbs. Some of the meds typically given to parvo dogs could not be given to such young, weak puppies.  We believe we have finally turned the corner and all pups will be just fine!!  
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
Foru and I could not be happier to hear this news!!!!!
Way to go Lucky 7!!!!!!!!!!:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
All pups are doing well!!  We are looking for foster homes so when the pups are released from the hospital they will have a nice comfy place to go home to and await their forever home!  I don't think we'll have much trouble with this part of the process - these pups are adorable!!

Thanks to all of you for your kind words and well wishes (and dancing bananas :) - maybe not bananas, but that's kind of what they look like! :))  Kish is trying to get some good photos of the little fluffballs, but now that they feel better, they don't really want to sit still very long. :)))  Awesome problem to have!

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
All pups are doing great!!  We are counting down the days until they move into their new foster homes!

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
All pups are doing great!  The vet wants them to stay at the hospital until Monday or Tuesday.  They are being very cautious with these little pups since they were so sick for so many days.  

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
The pups are getting stronger each day!!!

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally AWESOME news !!!!!!!  God bless y'all !!!!! They are positively ADORABLE !!!!!  :wub: :heart: :wub: (And, "YEP" -- those ARE 'Dancin' Bananas :lol: )

:happydance: :banana:  :happydance: :banana:  :happydance: :banana:  

:heart:

Love,
Donna and 'Her Bandit' :wub:

:felineicon:

:heart: :heart:

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
We received the best news of all today!  The puppies can leave the hospital and go into foster care and are officially available for adoption!!!  YAY!!!  THANK YOU to IMOM and everyone who helped and sent positive vibes for these little ones!!  They're new lives are just beginning!!!

If I could add some dancing bananas here, I would ! :)

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have attached some pics so you can see that they are even more adorable now that they are healthy!!  We gave our facebook supporters the opportunity to help name these little pups, so we had a little contest and they now have brand new names as they embark on their new, happy, healthy lives!! :)  Introducing...  Aurora, Chance, Jasper, Judge, Samantha, Shelby and Hope (new pic did not turn out :(-)

Attached Files

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,997 posts
These pups are WAY TOO CUTE!!!

And, here's your dancing bananas...these babies SO deserve them.... :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

View PostJudy, on 08 February 2012 - 06:45 AM, said:

These pups are WAY TOO CUTE!!!

And, here's your dancing bananas...these babies SO deserve them.... :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thank you Judy!!!

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
One of our adorable little babies has already been adopted!!!!!!!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,997 posts
How exciting to read that one of the pups got adopted already...that's AMAZING...

By the way I love their names...and they are SO CUTE...who got adopted??

THANKS for saving their little lives...Judy

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

4 Luv of Dog Rescue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
One final update for those who have been so kind to follow the story of these adorable little pups - ALL SEVEN PUPS are doing great and have moved, or will move shortly, into their new forever homes!!!   I also wanted to attach a pic of Hope (aka Tippy) - since I did not have an updated picture of her so you can see that she is even more adorable now that she is feeling so much better!  Thank you IMOM!!

Attached Files

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,894 posts
Each picture is more adorable than the previous one.  I don't know how an adopter could choose among them.  THANK YOU for the devotion to saving them.

Edited by CatPaws, 19 February 2012 - 01:11 PM.

HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Chantal

Chantal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
OmGosh.. I am so glad these pups are doing well. It reminded me when my moms dog kemo had parvo, Kemo is a special dog to my mom ,kemo helped her get through her cancer. Kemo is now doing great and playing with his toys... I hope these pups will find the perfect home..

Regards..

Chantal
Chispa the Schnauzer
Chantal

Chispa the Schnauzer

Turbo

Turbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
It is so heartwarming that these pups did so well!! I love it!! such cute faces makes me want one!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users