Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Oz Hill

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,986 posts
Thanks, Cindy...$450.00 on a week end is GOOD...now we know where we stand and have to work a little harder...

Oz's Dad has a traumatic brain injury from his deployment in Afganistan...he suffers from memory loss and vertigo...I FOR ONE know what it's like to have vertigo...if you don't know, you're lucky...it can happen whenever it wants and you have to go to bed...if you're lucky, you don't throw up...it's a terrible thing...I am lucky, once I go to sleep it usually subsides...as I said, I am one of the lucky ones...

Oz's Dad also has a little girl...so in his life right now he has a little daughter, some kitties AND OZ...it sure would be nice to keep things that way...wouldn't it??

Oz has his birthday tomorrow...how about a donation of $1.00 for each of his years??  That would be $9.00...or, even round it up and make it $10.00...

I hope we can help out...what a nice surprise for Oz's Dad when he comes back on the forum...I am leaving for a couple of hours...I'd like to be pleasantly surprised also...Judy

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Oh my, Oz's Bday is tomorrow. All I can say is we wouldn't want Oz to block on his bday! We really need to raise this money so that there is no chance of this happening and instead maybe surgery could happen to ensure no chance of blockage!   That's my feeling on this.   Come on IMOM Angels, $764 left to be raised, we can do this.

Help spread the word if you can.  http://www.imom.org/...?showtopic=8189  That is his topic link.

To donate go to:    http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm   and be sure to mark your donation for Oz Hill.  

Oz caught my heart from the moment I saw his pic.  He couldn't be cuter.  And I love hearing the little stories of him.  Interesting about the toys and not taking them outside. Maybe he just doesn't want to get them dirty ;)   He's careful to keep them clean....yet still have fun with them. :)

Melissa/IMOM

Edited by Melissa IMOM, 23 January 2012 - 03:52 PM.

kuhio98

kuhio98

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,654 posts
Okay folks ~ It's matching challenge time!

I will match the next $100 that comes in for Oz.  Turn your $1 into $2.

Please cross-post and tell all your friends!

Tammy & Melissa ~ I'll check back later and send in my matching donation.  

Lisa http://www.goodsearch.com/ for IMOM ~ Earn a penny for IMOM with every search!
Also check out the Shopping function from GoodSearch

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,986 posts
OK Lisa, I'm going to post your matching challenge on FACEBOOK...I just came upstairs to go to bed as I've been struggling with the flu for weeks now...SO GLAD I checked in...

I'm worried about both Oz and his Dad...he has memory problems and a head injury so I am hoping that everything is OK...

I'm sure you saw that it's Oz's birthday tomorrow...WHAT A GREAT PRESENT...a MATCHING CHALLENGE.....That's a great early Birthday present for Oz...THANKS, Judy

OK...I posted your challenge on FACEBOOK and told everyone to come and take your money...I am off to bed as I am SO tired...will check in early in the morning and see if the challenge has been met...if not, I'll be glad to take your money...

Edited by Judy, 23 January 2012 - 08:17 PM.

Oz's Dad

Oz's Dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
Sorry for not posting but the once this morning. Not only has my internet not been working, but somehow I got logged out and I couldnt remember my username. I spent half and forever trying to figure it out! Finally I had to email my caseworker person to see if she could tell me what it was. Just an all around frustrating day. Then with my internet deciding when it wants to work, I dont know if my stuff for red rover actually got sent, so I have to do it over again to be sure. Its been one of those "nothing can go right" kinda days.

But on to better news, the vet said he could make time in the afternoon to do Oz's surgery. He said thursday or friday would be best since he doesnt have many appointments scheduled yet and he wants to do it before the weekend if possible so we dont risk him blocking over the weekend and having to go to the emergency vet.

Oz is still doing ok. He seems to be a little more uncomfortable when he pees. I dont know if the stone is rubbing around in there and causing discomfort. I dont imagine it feels good trying to pee around a stone.

My poor boy has been through so much. Between the broken leg as a puppy and all the moving I have had to do over the past several years. I know me being in the Army was hard on him too. He was soo excited to see me when I came back from afghanistan. I thought he was going to pee himself. He NEVER jumps (I think because of his leg) but when he saw me, he was bouncing around like a jackrabbit. Then when I sat down on the floor with him, he climbed into my lap like he was some tiny dog. He just couldnt seem to get close enough. I was afraid he would forget me, but clearly not. He really is just the best family dog...

Charlie's Mama

Charlie's Mama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
Checking in on Oz and hoping that funds are growing for his surgery! Such an awful feeling to be waiting and worrying about your little guy. How is Oz doing this evening?

Charlie's Mama

Charlie's Mama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
ooops, just saw your update. He needs his surgery soon so that he doesn't get inflammation from those crystals! Hoping things move quickly so this sweet boy can have his surgery before a crisis happens.

Oz's Dad

Oz's Dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
Ok, just redid the application for Red Rover. This time I KNOW it went through. Hopefully I'll get a response soon...

psm

psm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
Oz and Dad,

Bandit's Angel, Donna, contacted me to see if I could help with an early birthday gift for Oz.  I have just donated $664.00 which with Lisa's match of $100.00 should make you at AFR.  Call the vet!!!!  My lurcher "Rusty" had this surgery 2 years ago and is still going strong at 14 years of age but the surgery needs to be done as soon as possible.  This condition is like a ticking time bomb and one stone shifting can be the beginning of the end.  As soon as the official word is handed down that you are at AFR, call and get a time for surgery.

Please keep posting and keep everyone informed about Oz's condition and recovery.  Hang in there.

All my best to the two of you,

Pam

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts

View Postpsm, on 23 January 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

Oz and Dad,

Bandit's Angel, Donna, contacted me to see if I could help with an early birthday gift for Oz.  I have just donated $664.00 which with Lisa's match of $100.00 should make you at AFR.  Call the vet!!!!  My lurcher "Rusty" had this surgery 2 years ago and is still going strong at 14 years of age but the surgery needs to be done as soon as possible.  This condition is like a ticking time bomb and one stone shifting can be the beginning of the end.  As soon as the official word is handed down that you are at AFR, call and get a time for surgery.

Please keep posting and keep everyone informed about Oz's condition and recovery.  Hang in there.

All my best to the two of you,

Pam

Posted Image  WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO  !!!!!!!!  Posted Image

GOD BLESS YOU, ANGEL PAM !!!!!!!!

Posted Image

:banana: THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH !!!!!!  :banana:
YOU ARE  "THE"  BEST !!!!!!
:angel: :Angel15: :angel:

Oz's Dad ..... Give that sugar pie of yours LOTS of Gentle Hugs from me and
my boy, Bandit [he's a PIN in the the Chronic Ongoing Illness Forum]  ~ and don't forget your little girl !!!!

When you take Oz in for his surgery ... you may want to take in one of your t-shirts you've slept in, or a towel you've used -- So it smells familiar, and he will feel your presence with him, in case he has to be there a little while.  :wub:  :heart:  :wub:

Thank you, and bless you for your service to our country.  We are honored.  I am holding y'all in my heart
and in my prayers.  AND ..... PLEASE, give Oz an Extra Special

♪ ♪ HAPPY BIRTHDAY KISS ♪ ♪ from me !!!!!!

Sending you ALL,
ALL of our LOVE and GREAT :hugs: ~
Donna and 'The Bandit' too :wub:

:heart:  :heart:

:felineicon:

P.S.  I wanted to let you know ... I'm sorry I haven't posted before now (been ill) ... but I "have" been & will continue to follow Oz !!!!!  :)

Edited by Bandit'sAngel, 24 January 2012 - 03:56 PM.

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

I am beyond thrilled to post, thanks to Lisa's Matching Challenge and Pam's over the top donation, that Oz is at  
ALL FUNDS RAISED!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Words cannot truly express our gratitude! Thank you all so much from the bottom of our hearts!
:thanks3:

IMOM Angels are the best folks around, we love you all !

Tammy-IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,986 posts
I couldn't sleep I was SO worried about Oz and his Dad...and WOW...I am SO THRILLED...Pam!!!!! And Lisa!!!!!!! you guys did it...I don't know what to say....I do know that I can go back to bed and sleep like a baby the rest of the night knowing that Oz is at AFR!!!!  

I just looked at the clock and it's 12:15 here in Ohio so I can be the first to say

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY OZ.....

Tears are welling up for this wonderful boy and his Dad...I don't think there is anyone around who could ask for a better birthday present that to feel better again...

Oz's Dad...I think that once they remove the bladder stones, they examine them and see what caused them and then they prescribe especial food to try to keep this from happening again...make sure you ask the vet that...

CONGRATULATION!!!!!  YAY RAH!!!!  Judy

kuhio98

kuhio98

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,654 posts
Thank you Pam!  Matching challenge donation sent in thru Paypal.  Sorry for the delay.  We were away from home tonight.  Hoping for a good report about sweet Oz very soon.  

Lisa http://www.goodsearch.com/ for IMOM ~ Earn a penny for IMOM with every search!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,986 posts
:bdayrose:

Happy Birthday to You

Happy Birthday to You

Happy Birthday Dear Oz

Happy Birthday to You

I don't think that your Dad could ask for any better birthday than a call to the vet to schedule surgery!!!!!  Can't wait to have the official announcement!!!!!  Judy

Oz's Dad

Oz's Dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! What an awesome gift for Oz's birthday! I was so shocked to wake up this morning and see an email saying all funds raised!!! You all are amazing! I will be calling the vets office as soon as they open. Thank you just doesnt even seem enough to express my gratitude. You all have me tearing up. Oz doesnt have to risk any longer without surgery...

:thanks3: :thanks3: :thanks3: :thanks3: :thanks3: :thanks3:

Oz's Dad

Oz's Dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
You all saved my boys life!!!! I'm not even going to lie, its gone from tearing up to full blown tears of happiness. I just cant say thank you enough. I hope to be on the other side one day helping someone else out like you all have helped me! One more hour until I can schedule surgery... Hoping for tomorrow at the latest! I will let you all know as soon as I talk to them!

THANK YOU!!!

Oz's Dad

Oz's Dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
Looks like surgery is going to be tomorrow afternoon. Waiting for a call back to confirm...

Oz's Dad

Oz's Dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
Surgery is confirmed for tomorrow afternoon!

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Fabulous to wake up to! This is just such great news.  Thanks to everyone who jumped in there to help Oz. Sharing, posting, donating (even $5.00) sure helps!  

Big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to OZ!  and ((((Early morning California Hugs)))) to all the IMOM Angels out there.   You guys are amazing!

Melissa/IMOM

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts

:thanks3:  To Our Angels Pam and Lisa for getting Oz to AFR !!!!!!  And  :thanks3:  to ALL the Angels who contributed to this precious boy to get him to surgery tomorrow !!!!!! :hugs:  We love y'all SOOOOO !!!!!!  :wub: :heart: :wub:    AND .......

Posted Image

TO YOU SWEET OZ !!!!!!!

♪ ♪   :bdayrose:    :birthday4:    :bdayrose:   ♪ ♪

I am SOOOOO happy you will be getting your surgery tomorrow !!!!!!

You will be feeling better in no time !!!!

Sending LOTS of *Gentle Hugs* and Kisses to you :wub:

And like Pam said:  

Please keep posting and keep everyone informed about Oz's condition and recovery. Hang in there.

ALL our VERY best to you and your daughter and give the kitties kisses from me too !!!!!  :heart:

Keeping Oz and all of you in my heart, thoughts and prayers ~
Donna and Her Bandit :wub:

:heart:   :heart:

Oz's Dad

Oz's Dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
Getting nervous about tomorrow. I know its a somewhat common surgery, just not common for my dog to be having it done. Last time he had surgery was when he was 6 months old and having the pin in his leg removed and getting neutered. Hoping that there arent any complications with the stone in his urethra...

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,986 posts
The best part of IMOM is now that Oz has his funding we are ALL here for you both tomorrow...you can lean on us...we'll be with you in positive thoughts, spirit and prayers...

IF by any chance Oz might have to spend the night (don't know if that's the plan or not) but send a long a tee shirt that you wore today...that way he will have his Dad's scent with him when he wakes up from surgery...

I am always so anxious the day of any surgeries....that's to be expected...because you love your boy..and you'll be worrying...

What time do you have to take up food and water??  Don't forget to talk to the vet about the food Oz is going to be eating now...

Tonight you two can just relax and enjoy each other...what a wonderful ending to Oz's birthday...this time tomorrow it will be all over and Oz will be on the road to recovery...Judy

Charlie's Mama

Charlie's Mama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
Yay, wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hang in there, Oz! Best of luck for a quick, speedy recovery. IMOM is amazing!!

Oz's Dad

Oz's Dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
They said no food or water after midnight. He will most likely be spending the night but i will find out for sure tomorrow. As for the food he will be eatting, we have to wait and see what kind of stones they are. He had two urinalysis done and the first showed one kind of crystal while the second showed a differant kind. Both are complete opposites. So we arent sure yet. Going to try and get some sleep...

And once again, Thank you to everyone at IMOM and all who donated for making this happen!

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
Hi Oz's Dad !!!!

I just wanted you to know, I'm holding Oz (and you - because I know you're most likely anxious about his surgery) - in my heart, thoughts and prayers !!!!  And, my Bandit is keeping his paws and whiskers crossed - that all will go well for your beautiful boy !!!  :wub:

ALSO, don't forget:

When you take Oz in for his surgery ... you may want to take in one of your t-shirts you've slept in, or a towel you've used -- So it smells familiar, and he will feel your presence with him, in case he has to be there a little while.  

Gentle HUGS to Oz, nuzzles to the kitties, and :hugs: to you and your daughter.  
You've got a lot of "Aunties" and "Uncles" who are pulling for your boy - and are here to support you !!  So, hang in there.  And thank you for loving this precious boy so !!!

Love and prayers,
Donna and 'The Bandit' too :wub:

Oz's Dad

Oz's Dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
Well today is the big day. Really nervous. Getting ready to head to the vet's office. Didnt sleep very well... Wish us luck. I'll post more when I hear from the vet. Sorry for the short scattered brain post... my minds in a hundred differant places.

kuhio98

kuhio98

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

View PostOz, on 25 January 2012 - 07:20 AM, said:

Well today is the big day. Really nervous. Getting ready to head to the vet's office. Didnt sleep very well... Wish us luck. I'll post more when I hear from the vet. Sorry for the short scattered brain post... my minds in a hundred differant places.

All fingers, paws and whiskers crossed here in Alaska.  All his IMOM aunties and uncles are here for you.  We'll be pacing the floor as well until Oz is out of surgery and in recovery.  Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,986 posts
I figure that Oz is either in surgery already or ready to go...

I'm with the rest of Oz's and your fan club...positiive thoughts and prayers that surgery is SHORT and uneventful and Oz is going to be in recovery SOON...I'll keep checking back in to see if there are any updates later...Judy

Oz's Dad

Oz's Dad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
Oz is out of surgery and in recovery. He will be staying the night tonight. They said he had about a dozen stones of differant sizes. Doctor said they look like calcium something or another stones but will be sending them out to the lab to confirm what they are. So he will most likely be put on u/d food i think. Also, the vet said they are going to give me a discount. So I dont think that everything is going to cost as much as originally quoted. I'm not sure what IMOM does with any additional money that is raised, but i hope it can be used for someone else who needs it.. Will post more later as I hear it.

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts

View PostOz, on 25 January 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

Oz is out of surgery and in recovery. He will be staying the night tonight. They said he had about a dozen stones of differant sizes. Doctor said they look like calcium something or another stones but will be sending them out to the lab to confirm what they are. So he will most likely be put on u/d food i think. Also, the vet said they are going to give me a discount. So I dont think that everything is going to cost as much as originally quoted. I'm not sure what IMOM does with any additional money that is raised, but i hope it can be used for someone else who needs it.. Will post more later as I hear it.

Hi Dad !!!!

Would have been ob here sooner ... but had an appt. myself.   ANYWAY ...... soooo HAPPY to hear Oz's surgery was successful !!!!  Poor sweetie, so many stones ... I am "sure" he's going to feel much much better with those things gone !!!  It'll just take a little time to heal.  Glad he told you what kind of prescription fod Oz will need,  You can call the food company's "800 #" and if you explain your situation they may donate a large bag of the food or a lot of coupons towards the purchases.  And, maybe your vet will give you a bag to start out.  (It never hurts to ask ... it's hard to ... but, you won't know until you do.  Perhaps your IMOM caseworker can help --- or any one of us, I'll be happy to !!!! :) )

:hugs: to Lisa, Judy, Pam ad ALL the IMOM Angels !!!!!  xo♥xo♥xo♥  AND --- know I'm sending extra special GENTLE HUGS and KISSES to Oz and :hugs: to you and your little girl (and don't forget the kitties ... I bet they're missing their special buddy right now.)

We're here for y'all.  If there's any extra funds ... I'm sure it will go back into IMOM's General Fund to try and help other PINs [Pet In Need].  ♥ ♥  

Will be looking forward to more updates.  Holding y'all in my heart, thoughts and prayers.
With hugs, love and purrs,

Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users