Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Isis Forrester 8 yo dog

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors (A)
  • 448 posts
Attached File  IsisForrester.jpg   1.29MB   15 downloadsDiagnosis:  Intestinal Tumor Blockage
Total amount of estimate:$1141.79
Owner contribution $100-$200 from Red Rover, $100 from a friend.  Owner has paid $900 for diagnostic treatment to date.
IMOM needs to raise: $840.00
4% for IMOM Operating Expenses:$34
Need to raise: $874  $445
SpayedNeutered: Yes
Volunteer case worker:  Sarah
Date posted: 01/11/12

Isis is an adorable dog who was adopted from rescue when she was 1.  She has an instestinal blockage from a tumor that needs to be removed.  Surgery must happen tomorrow.  The vet stated we had 2 days to fund raise as of yesterday.  If we don't raise the money needed tonight her vet is not available again until Monday which could be too late.  Her Mom has paid for the tests need for the diagnosis but is unemployed and needs our help for the surgery.  Here are her words:

I adopted Isis when she was 1yr old. She had spent her
entire life on a chain prior to me adopting her. She has been my best
friend & I taught her how to trust people. She would do anything for
me & I feel terrible that at this time I am financially unable to do
what I need to for her to surrvive.

To make a donation for Isis please click here Donate to Isis!and mark your gift "GF - Isis Forrester".  If you would prefer to use Paypal directly, our email address for direct Paypal donations is paypal@imom.org.   Be sure to let us know who your donation is for.

Thanks in advance for you help and support for this pet.
Sarah/IMOM Board of Directors

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
YAY RAH...Isis is up for fund raising!!!!

Wonderful news...now, we need to get busy and SPREAD THE WORD.....

Anyone reading this, please go over to facebook and twitter...surgery has to happen TOMORROW...but it can...we just have to get busy NOW....

We are off and running...Judy

Amy....the best thing you can do right now is POST, POST and then POST more...the angels are reading..they don't always write but they sure do read...

tell everyone what a wonderful dog Isis is...tell us how you got the name Isis...her favorite toy...her funny, little quirks that you love so much...everyone wants to love her as you do...believe me...Judy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
I just copied Isis IMOM link and posted it on IMOM's wall on Facebook...

so if anyone wants to post on their wall, PLEASE DO....the more help we can get and QUICKLY, the better...Judy

amynicole1106

amynicole1106

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Attached File  isis.jpg   29.09K   5 downloads

I posted on my Facebook page. So far I have $200 in donations towards her surgery including my friends donation from earlier :) YAY!

amynicole1106

amynicole1106

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Another $45 from my mom was just donated :)

Attached File  122510164247.jpg   71.89K   9 downloads

Isis and I up at Mt Charelston in the snow!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
Amy, you're doing a great job of communicating with the folks here on the forum...keep up the good work....

Isis has a great Mom...your love shows thru and thru...

Posting on facebook is an amazing tool to spread the word and that is what we have to do...SPREAD THE WORD.....Judy

amynicole1106

amynicole1106

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Attached File  2011-05-27 16.14.09.jpg   101.17K   1 downloads

Isis riding on my aunts boat over the summer :)

Another $200 donated by my friends Ronda and Jim Taylor!!!  WOO HOO!

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
Isis has received $140 in donations sent to IMOM.

Amy, please send an email to the committee (gf@imom.org) so we can keep track of what you still need.
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

amynicole1106

amynicole1106

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Another $50 from my cousin Lori!  Yay!

I got Isis from a rescue. She came with the name Isis. She was a crazy untrusting handful when I adopted her. She had been abused and left on a chain her whole life. The first day I had her she escaped out of my yard and ran away. I followed her in my car as far as I could but then she ran through the desert where I couldn't see her. I chased that silly dog over 7 miles. I thought she was gone forever. I felt so bad. I called the rescue and told them that I lost her on the first day.  I put ads on the radio hopeful somebody would call about her. I had no news by bed time so I went to bed sad that I had lost my new dog. When I woke up in the morning Isis was in my back yard. She had found her way back and broken into the yard somehow. I laughed and told her “I guess you choose me as your owner”.

Attached File  2011-06-30 18.33.36.jpg   100.02K   2 downloads
Isis laying in the hammock tough dog life!

VivaleChat

VivaleChat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
$8 donated!

amynicole1106

amynicole1106

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thank you :)

View PostVivaleChat, on 11 January 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

$8 donated!

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
New fund raising goal from IMOM donors - $429

We have raised $150

We still need $279

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
Fund Update...

We only need $244!

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts

View PostJacki IMOM, on 11 January 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

Fund Update...

We only need $244!

Make that $236 needed.

Who else wants to help this beautiful furkid get to surgery? Click here

amynicole1106

amynicole1106

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Attached File  2011-06-04 12.46.42.jpg   95.43K   7 downloads
I couldn't find Isis one day when I was leaving for work. This is where she was. Silly dog.

My heart is warm. We are getting close. This is going to happen and im so grateful :)

View PostJacki IMOM, on 11 January 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Make that $236 needed.

Who else wants to help this beautiful furkid get to surgery? Click here

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,193 posts
C'mon angels we need some Magic. She needs her funds in tonight so she can have surgery tmw!

Amy, don't forget to have Isis fasting later this eve and in the morning for her surgery- even if she doesn't have all funds raised by ur bedtime. We have angels all over the country in different time zones and some that may be off IMOM for today, but will be back here bright and early to help tmw AM.

I don't know if ur vet will allow Isis to have something with her in the cage after surgery (some hospitals don't allow it), but u might sleep in an old shirt (that u wouldn't mind losing) or an old towel in ur bed tonight, and take it with u so Isis has ur scent with her while in the hospital.

Please give her a hug from everyone.

Thanks so much to all the angels who have donated so far.
Posted Image

amynicole1106

amynicole1106

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I am taking her in at 9am so no food after midnight! and I will take her duck with me and see about leaving an article of clothing or something for her.  She knows help is on the way. And im glad she was able to eat today so she is a bit stronger than she has been the last few days.

Thank you thank you thank you angels. This is such an amazing thing. Looking forward to supporting in the future once I am back making some cash.

AmyAttached File  2010-10-19 18.19.57.jpg   475.33K   1 downloads
Smily Dog

View Postk9sign, on 11 January 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

C'mon angels we need some Magic. She needs her funds in tonight so she can have surgery tmw!

Amy, don't forget to have Isis fasting later this eve and in the morning for her surgery- even if she doesn't have all funds raised by ur bedtime. We have angels all over the country in different time zones and some that may be off IMOM for today, but will be back here bright and early to help tmw AM.

I don't know if ur vet will allow Isis to have something with her in the cage after surgery (some hospitals don't allow it), but u might sleep in an old shirt (that u wouldn't mind losing) or an old towel in ur bed tonight, and take it with u so Isis has ur scent with her while in the hospital.

Please give her a hug from everyone.

Thanks so much to all the angels who have donated so far.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
If you're taking an article of clothing, try to take the tee shirt you're eating today so Isis will have your scent with her...

I can't remember...where are you located?  We can figure out how much time we have left to fund raise...

The amount needed is SO DOABLE...Isis needs surgery tomorrow morning at 9 am their time...we have 13 hrs. to get that money.....AND I KNOW WE CAN DO IT.....

Amy, again, I say, GREAT JOB on fund raising and communicating...I know you are worrying and fretting but you're doing a great job letting everyone know important Isis is to you...Judy

amynicole1106

amynicole1106

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I am in Las Vegas. So pacific standard time. I take her in at 9 but surgery will not happen until between 12-2.  

I love her so much she is my baby. I know she would do anything for me.

View PostJudy, on 11 January 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

If you're taking an article of clothing, try to take the tee shirt you're eating today so Isis will have your scent with her...

I can't remember...where are you located?  We can figure out how much time we have left to fund raise...

The amount needed is SO DOABLE...Isis needs surgery tomorrow morning at 9 am their time...we have 13 hrs. to get that money.....AND I KNOW WE CAN DO IT.....

Amy, again, I say, GREAT JOB on fund raising and communicating...I know you are worrying and fretting but you're doing a great job letting everyone know important Isis is to you...Judy

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
Amy, please give an update on donations you have received. We may have reach our goal but I need to hear from you before that can be determined.  You may send your update to gf@imom.org

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
I thought you had said Las Vegas...now I know that when I'm watching the clock here is Ohio I'm way ahead of you and Isis...

So glad she'll be at the vets early and all ready to go as soon as they get the word...

Here is Ohio it's after 8 pm...I've had the flu all week so I have to get to bed early so I'm semi alert tomorrow...didn't want you to think I deserted you..but I'm always a party pooper...but you can't be when 5 am Ohio time roles around I'll be the first one checking in to see how the fund raising is going...

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...I know the angels are all reading and working hard behind the scenes to make this happen......hug that girl tonight...she's a sweetie...Judy

Salli C

Salli C
  • Members
  • 8 posts
Hi there. I got to this posting late as I was out all day working in a no cell zone. That happens a lot up here in rural areas. Isis is such a sweet baby and you are awesome for rescuing her. All my dogs are rescues also. Well I won't waste anymore time talking away...... here's another $25 for Isis. I've also posted on my facebook page. Hang in there Isis.... angels are on your side.

amynicole1106

amynicole1106

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thank you so much for your donation :) Isis is so blessed.

View PostSalli C, on 11 January 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

Hi there. I got to this posting late as I was out all day working in a no cell zone. That happens a lot up here in rural areas. Isis is such a sweet baby and you are awesome for rescuing her. All my dogs are rescues also. Well I won't waste anymore time talking away...... here's another $25 for Isis. I've also posted on my facebook page. Hang in there Isis.... angels are on your side.

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
:banana::banana::banana:

I am very happy to report that Isis has reached her fund raising goal and is now moving to AFR :dogsled:

Thanks so much to all who helped make this happen.

amynicole1106

amynicole1106

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
OMG I am so grateful and excited. This is so amazing. Thank you everyone for your contributions!

View PostJacki IMOM, on 11 January 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

:banana::banana::banana:

I am very happy to report that Isis has reached her fund raising goal and is now moving to AFR :dogsled:

Thanks so much to all who helped make this happen.

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
WTG !!!!!!!!!!   The Angels here are AWESOME Amy !!!!!!!

Give that sweetie pie extra special kisses from me and my Big Ole Baby
(he's a PIN here in Chronically Ill Section).  I will be keeping Isis (and you) in my
prayers, tonight and throughout the day.

Sending you both :hugs: and love,
Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

:felineicon:

:heart:   :heart:

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,989 posts
It's getting close to Isis leaving for the vet!!!!!  

Once you get back let us know what time surgery is set for...Judy

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors (A)
  • 448 posts
Thank you so much Angels for bringing Magic  :eight:  to Isis!!  What great news!!!  
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Isis - sending LONG belly rubs and a very quick recovery! Amy - you did a great job raising money through and outside of IMOM - your love for Isis really shines through!
Sarah/IMOM Board of Directors

amynicole1106

amynicole1106

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I just dropped Isis off for her surgery. Thank you all so much. This has been so amazing and heart warming! I Will continue to check in.with updates! Headed to the gym to workout and release some stress. I have been pretty much held up at home caring for my sweet girl a week. I could use a great workout!

amynicole1106

amynicole1106

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi everyone! The vet just called. Everything went well. He is going to monitor her for next 2 hours and if it goes good i can pick her up at 6!!!! He said her lymphnods all looked good and everything else in her insides checked out!!!!! Woof hoof! Lol Will keep you.posted about if i.pick her up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users