Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Luna Alvarez needs surgery for bladder stones

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
IMOM Family:

Here I am showing off in my new cinderella pull ups that mommy place on me for my urination accidents. I am happy that mommy is taking care of me. I am smiling because she loves me so much. I just want to have the surgery so I do not have to wear these pull ups any longer.

Tucker and Justice - do not laugh at me but just think of me as you little sister in pink. Here a W.B.D for now but wait until after surgery. I am going to be jumping for joy.

Good night Cindy and the boyz and also the IMOM guardian angels

Hugs from Providencia and Miss Luna.              
Attached File  Baby face Luna.jpg   58.76K   0 downloadsAttached File  luna and mami.jpg   14.46K   0 downloadsAttached File  cool dog luna.jpg   68.96K   1 downloadsAttached File  Luna in Pull ups.JPG   4.34MB   3 downloads

Edited by Providencia, 10 January 2012 - 09:03 PM.

Salli C

Salli C
  • Members
  • 8 posts
Oh - how precious she is. Only Luna can pull of wearing pink pull ups and still look dignified. What a pro... Good night sweet girl and Providencia.

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
IMOM:

Update on Luna. I just called the vet and he had to cancel some of his other surgeries because he was overbooked, but no the final word is that Luna is scheduled for Monday 1/16/12 between 7:30 am and 9:00 am. So, Monday it is but I am keeping a good watch on her and still giving her the antibotics. She is resting now and eating very little but that is fine.

I am so greatful for my precious little girl who in her own way understand what I am trying to do and care for her.
Thanks and furhter updates to follow.

Providencia and Miss Luna

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
Oh, my goodness, what a cutie!!! Pretty in pink!!

Luna looks like a tiny little girl. How much does she weigh? Tuck and Justice are 15lbs, but I live in a household with 3 other mini's besides mine and they range from 13lbs-16.5lbs.

Oh, Providencia, she is just gorgeous!! What wonderful pics of her and u!

Well, we will just count down the days until Monday.

Tuck and Justice send lots of wiggle butts and think their little sister is adorable.

Hang in there little Luna, Monday is coming!!

Hugs to u both from me and the boyz.
Cindy
Posted Image

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Luna is approximately 16.5 lbs and she is a handful but a joy to have. Yes, we are counting down the days and I can not wait until Monday and then when they give my Luna back to me. She is strong and I am sure she will be fine.

Today, she starting acting like a puppy and she just ade me laugh. I gave her her yoga massage so that she is relaxed and she really enjoys when I do that to her.

We took a nap together and she is now outside doing her stuff after eating dinner and I am just waiting for her to bark so she can come back in. She patiently waits at the door.
Pulls go back on just in case.

Well, until the next posting.

Good night to all the IMOM guardian angels and friends.

Cindy, Tucker and Justice. Good Nite and a big Wiggle from Luna.

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Good Morning IMOM guardians and friends:

I am counting the days that go by. Monday can not come any sooner but the wait is on. Luna took her meds this morning and is resting. I thank everyone who is pulling for her and she knows that there are guardian angels watching over her.

Thank you for your support.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
Tuck and Justice are sending sweet dreams tonight for little Luna.

Hugs,
Cindy
Posted Image

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
We are getting closer and closer to Monday...I can't wait for Miss Luna to be all better again...

Just wanted to touch base with you both and let you know I am so happy that soon our girl is going to be happy and well again...Judy

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Judy

Thank you fo the kind word. We both like the support that IMOM gives, as well as the thoughts of other pet owners when one of the child (pet) is ill. Every kind word helps heal the soul and also gives the parents something to look forward to.

Miss Luna had two urination accidents today since I try to give her a rest from the pull ups. I did not get mad at her, yet I pet and hugged  her and told her it's okay. Accidents happen and moved on. She then became playful. I know she understands. Schnauser are very intelligent companions and I love my Luna.

She is now sleeping and I know she is doing fine because she is snoring. I always wonder what she dreams about. I know when I am away from her doing my errands, I think of her all the time. When I come home and she gives me the W.B.D it is a great joy to watch. The excitement is one that I have to say makes me smile and know that she missed me too.

IMOM family, time is coming close.Weekend is almost here. Sunday, I will be saying a doggie prayer for Luna's full recovery and on Monday she will be under the knife. Right there I will be beside myself since I know that Luna always needs her mommy, but if god (dog) spelled backwards is willing, she is going to bounce back quickly. She will give me a W.B.D., when I go to pick her up and bring her home on her b-day which is 1/18 and she will be 7 yrs old. I can't wait for that day. Yes, I look that far ahead of the week to psych myself out.

Good Night to all.

Cindy, Tucker an Justice. Judy - Luna sends all a W.B.D until tomorrow.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
I hope Luna had a good day with some singing and wiggle buttin'.

Hang on Luna, just a few more days.

Tuck and Justice hope u both had a WBD--so do I!!

sweet dreams little one.

Hugs,
Cindy and the boyz
Posted Image

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Luna was doing good all day, but a dinner time she did not have on her pull ups and she had an accident and it had tint of blood. So now, I put back on the pull ups just in case.

The weekend is here and this is the last hump before Monday. Luna really needs to get this taken care of and I can not wait to see my little girl back to her self after surgery. She feels she is in trouble when she urinates and I just assure her it is okay knowing that she is ill. This is not her normally and she knows that too.

Well, tonight should be another night of keeping watch over her with the blood. I really hope she is fine and can hold until Monday when she goes in. I know Luna can do it and I will help her too.

Every hour she is going out in the yard to urinate and I know that will help her sleep tonight,
Well, we are staying strong and I am going to tuck her in now. Good nite all and unil the next posting.

Hugs and sweet dreams from Providencia and Little Miss Luna. W.B.D.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
I hope the blood in Luna's urine didn't get any worse. Just think, in 48 hours from now the surgery should be over!!!

The boyz can't wait for Luna to have lots of WBD's!!!

Hang in there Providencia and little Luna!

:wbd3:

wag and wiggles from Tucker and Justice, and hugs from me!

Cindy
Posted Image

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Tonight Luna is doing good. Yes, I am waiting for Monday so she can get this taken care of and I am going to show pictures her when she gets home to me.

I will miss my Little girl while she is gone. She is he one who helps me sleep and keeps me sane with her joy. Well, going to give her the antibotics since she is ready for bed and wearing her pink pull ups.

Take care to all until the next posting.
Providencia and Little Miss Luna

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,892 posts
Good night and sleep well!
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
IMOM guardian angels and friends:

Luna is doing well today. So far so good and tonight I will take away her food and prep her for her big day tomorrow. The end of part one of her frustration is almost over.  Imagine how frustrating this urination issue is for us, so for a pet it is just as bad. Most people do not see this in animals, but I always say that they are just as human as us. They breathe, eat, play, see, hear, speak in their language and most of all get the same diseases and symptoms as us but they are taken care of by a vet. They even have pet insurance to say the least.

I say this is GOD walking around in a DOG body wanting to see how well we take care of them and how we treat them. This is a mission of love thy animal and they will love you back in return.  

The second part is recovery once she comes home to me. I feel confident that she will come home wagging her nub with happiness. I can not wait to post the sucess story and the joy it brings us to have all of you as a family and the great deed that we all do to help our furry friends in need. I include all animals dometic and wild life, included are our water mammals too.

I love all animals. Well, Luna sends her thanks once again and today is sure to be her R&R day for a brighter tomorrow.

Hugs from Providencia and Luna Alvarez

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
I am so happy that tomorrow is Luna's big day...I am sending positive thoughts and prayers for a 100% successful surgery...and I will be thinking of you both until I hear that she is out of surgery and into recovery...

You will be the best nurse to Luna...why, because you love her so...she will be in the best of hands...

Just in case she might have to spend the night....take the tee shirt that you wore today with you to the vet and ask if you can leave it with Luna so when she wakes up she knows that her Momma's scent is with her....

Less than 24 hrs. to Luna feeling good again...Judy

Salli C

Salli C
  • Members
  • 8 posts
I haven't been writing on the forum, but I have been keeping up to date and reading reading reading all the posts. Tomorrow's the big day and I'm so happy for both of you. My prayers will be going out to Luna for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Judy's suggestion above is a great one. If Luna can smell her momma when she wakes up, she'll feel safer and not so scared at being away from you. I loved your post before about God in a dog's body watching how we take care of them. I always believed that the animals were our test of humanity and compassion as a species. Someone famous once said that "humanity is judged by how well we treat our animals".  How true!!!!!

Good luck tomorrow and know that everyone here is with you and praying for you. We're right beside you.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts for tmw.

I won't be around until later in the afternoon, but u both will be in my thoughts all day.

Tuck and Justice want Luna to not be scared. They said to be sure and explain everything to her and to tell her that her older brothers are sending wags and licks-which are very healing.

:wbd3:    none of us can wait for Luna to have WBD's.

sweet dreams to u both.

Cindy, Tuck and Justice
Posted Image

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
IMOM angels:

Thank you for all the prayers. Luna is at the vet. I dropped her off this morning even though she did not want to be there. I talked to her on the way to the vet and told her that we are all praying for her and that she is a wonderful little girl and that she is so loved. Luna understood because she looked at me and lifted her paw and rubbed the right side of her face. I just started to laugh, but it was from the joy and happiness that this is almost over and she will be taken care of today.

At 3:00 pm, I will call the vet to find out how she did and I will post it on IMOM. I was told if all goes well, Luna can come home tomorrow after 9:00 am. I will have my Luna at home for her birthday which is on Wednesday. I want to see the little wiggly nub go when I get her tomorrow. The wiggle will tell me that she is happy and will be fine. I will take great care of her and nurse her back to health and keep a close watch on the stiches. :hugs: :thanks3: Miss Luna and Providencia Alvarez

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
It will be time for you to call about Luna SOON...know that we are with you in thought and spirit...

That little Luna has touched many hearts here at IMOM...thank you for sharing her with us...Judy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
I've been thinking abt Luna all day. I had forgotten to ask if she was spending the night at the vet's...I am glad she is.
I went thru this with a mini I had many years ago. They sent Boomer home with me the same day, and I think it was a mistake-he felt like he had to urinate abt every 10 minutes, and he was a little guy who tried so hard to not have any accidents that I think it caused more pain.  I am glad for Luna's comfort that the first night she will stay in the hospital where she will have good pain control.

We are anxious for wiggle butts as she is recovering!

Hugs,
Cindy and the boyz
Posted Image

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
IMOM angels:

Update on Luna. She was in surgery for a while but when I called about 3:15 pm, they said she was in recovery. I was told by Susan one of the ladies that the stones are crystal like and that she had so many that the doctor was amazed she survived this long. They pulled out sand like substance, pearl like rocks and some the size of the large marbles and small ones.

Luna was marvelous during surgery as per Susan. Luna will be coming home to me tomorrow after 9:00 am according to Susan as long as her night goes well. I am praying for her. I went looking for her today because in the computer office I have a bed for her but she was missing. I miss her and tonight I will sleep but will not be hearing her snoring which puts me to sleep. She is my tinker for sleeping.  

I requested the stones so I can take pictures and post for you to see what she was carrying around all this time. I will also take a picture of how they shaved her and stiched her up.

I want to thank all for being in this with us. I will remember this forever. As a member, I will keep in contact with all even after so we can chat and talk about our furry friends. I love talking and showing what Luna does. She is a joy and I wish each and everyone could meet her in person.

The family I live with loves her an miss her too. The 16 year old states, awh now I can not play with her for a while.Luna is so energetic and loves to play. She is very protective of who is around her. I look for a speedy, clean and joyous recovery for her.

The vet also will give me the food that she can eat so that she does not have this problem again. I am so happy and glad that Luna has won everyone heart. Like I said, she is a handful but a joy to have and be around. I love her so much.

Thank you lord for all the friends that have come together to help us and for all the new friends that Luna has acquired through IMOM. I send all the brothers and sisters a WBD on Luna's behalf and hugs to the guardian angels who made this possible.

Thank you all again. Have a great night and will post when my baby comes home.
Luna and Providencia :wbd3:

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Providencia, I want you to know that you have been one of the BEST PINs ever...your love for Luna is so strong and wonderful, you can just read it in all the words you write...

You are just a perfect example of what a person is supposed to do...you have posted, updated and you worked so hard to get your girl help...and the reason you did it was just because you loved her...

THANK YOU for being such a wonderful part of IMOM...you have shared yourself and your wonderful little dog with us and it's been so wonderful...

I am thrilled that Luna is out of surgery and resting...and that tomorrow she will be back home with you where she belongs...

I am so happy that you want to stay part of IMOM...Judy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
I hope u are in ur mommy's arms tonight Luna.

The boyz and I want u both to have sweet dreams.

Hugs!
Posted Image

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Dear IMOM guardians:

Sorry it took long, I called this morning and Luna was not herself and all she wanted to do is sleep, so I decided to leave her at the vet until I did my errands and then go pick her up.

At 4:15 pm, I went to get her and she gave me a :wbd3: and it was a joy to see her move so swiftly after what she went through. My little Luna was very happy to see her mommy and friends who went with me to get her.
I was also given food recommended by the doctor for her. It is the CD food which takes control of this issue and she will have to eat that food for the rest of her life. I am sure she will get used to it. She was also issued sme meds for the next 7 days and her stiches come off in the next 7 to 10 days if all goes well.

Luna is now still a bit glassy eye an I gave her water and some food and put her in a bed I cleaned and prepared just for her to be relaxed.

She is a handful now. I am glad they game me the cone to use so she does not go after the stiches. I will maintain a watch until I know my little girl is her little self again.

She did urinate some blood but I was told that is going to be expected for a day or so but the joy to watch her urinate a big puddle brought tears to my eyes. I have not see that in the past 3 months and now I see an easy flow. She still has that, "I still have  full bladder effect" but in time she will not try to strain so much and be herself in that too.

The surgery is a great success and I m truly grateful to all who joined in and help this come through from the beginning to the end.

I also thank the other company who assisted in this too. I will be forever grateful to both companies who put themselves out there to help total strangers, but gain the confidence and hearts of all including the animals.

Luna sends all a big W.B.D and she is lucky to have me help her have a full recovery. Thanks you for all the prayers because they always come in handy a loved one is under the knife for a special reason. Life is precious and I know that it is definitely to me.

Big hugs from the mommy to all and thank you once again for all the kind words and support and I am glad to be part of the IMOM family and will do my best to give special thoughts and support to all the other animals who are still in need.

Good night and attached are pictures of Luna. Unable to take a picture of the stones but I know and Luna knows that the surgery was a success.

Luna and Providencia :banana: :claphands: :bravo: :closed: :pp_animal_362: :thanks3:

Attached File  IMG_0079.JPG   82.95K   2 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0081.JPG   126.06K   3 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0083.JPG   66.32K   4 downloads

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Luna's little tummy is looking pretty darn good!!!  And I know that you are going to be a great nurse to her...

Hoping that today she spent a lot of time resting...that's the best thing she can do right now...Hoping for a great report when you check in.  Judy

Edited by Judy, 18 January 2012 - 03:23 PM.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
Awwww little Luna I bet u hate that darn collar...but it's for ur own good so u don't rip out ur sutures or staples. I know how it just takes seconds to lick or hurt ur incision-but don't worry u will be rid of it before u know it.

Tuck and Justice said to tell u that u sure look awfully cute with that ole collar.

We all hope ur WBD's will happen more and more. It has to feel so good to have all those nasty stones out of u!!

Hugs to u Providencia, and please give Luna some gentle hugs from us.

Hugs,
Cindy

Edited by k9sign, 18 January 2012 - 07:56 PM.

Posted Image

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Hi IMOM angels and family:

Late posting because luna was sleeping most of the day and I just woke her up again to eat. She is surely sleeping well. I walked her and all looks good. She still has that "full feeling in the bladder" and she also has like a bit of trouble walking with her hind legs so I called the vet.

Susan told me that the hind legs issue is from when she was tied down during surgery to avoid movement and her muscles might be sore. She said that she would be fine in a couple of days. I am to give her some children's bayer for a few days and that should help.

I have put some baby lotion on her tommy to avoid dry skin since she is so shaved. It is to avoid tightness. She tries to run from me she I put on the rubber gloves. I put them on so she does not get any infections and it is a safety feature.

In a few days she will be her old self again. I put the cone on at night mostly because I can not watch her while I am asleep. She is pretty good about trying to go after the sutures but one can not be too careful.

Well, this is all for now. I post towards the end of the day so it give me time to see what Luna is doings at t beginning.

Day one at home is  success and luna is doing fine.

Also, today is her birthday and she is 7 yrs old. :bdayrose: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY SWEET LITTLE GIRL WHOM I LOVE SO MUCH.

Good nite until the next posting. Hugs and w.b.d. to all

Providencia and Luna

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,182 posts
HAPPY 7th BURFDAY LUNA!!!

We are so glad that u alreedy haff ur surgery and ares feeling sooo much better. We hopes u gets some toys and treats for ur burfday-we knows u will gets lots of snuggles and hugs from ur mama.

Love, ur brothers, Tucker and Justice (our mommy sends love too!)
Posted Image

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Well another day has come and is almost gone and Luna is doing well.

She is urinating good and she actually ate good today compared to the last two days. She is sleeping well but at times she runs out of her bed scared and I go and get her and tell her all is okay.

I know that this process is going to be long. Tonight she is sleeping next to me and I will cradle her gently to assure her that she is going to be fine.
She is so cute that I am afraid of hugging her tight right now, but I do not worry. When she is so much better and the sutures are out, I will reward her with many great hugs from all and from me too for a job well done.

Take care and good night. I am going to call it a day and cuddle with my little Luna.

Hugs to all

Luna (sends lots of w.b.d)

Providencia sends hugs to all for caring

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users