Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Luna Alvarez needs surgery for bladder stones

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,921 posts
Attached File  LUNA (2).JPG   78.62K   3 downloadsDiagnosis:  Bladder Stones
Total amount needed :$500  Owner contribution $275
4% for IMOM Operating Expenses:$11
Need to raise: $236
SpayedNeutered: Yes
Volunteer case worker:  Cindy
Date posted: 01/07/11

AMOUNT DONATED AS OF 1/8 9:19am CST - $230!!

Luna is a 6 year old mini-schnauzer with bladder stones.  Her vet recommends surgery as soon as possible because she could block at any time.  Her Mom has paid for the tests need for the diagnosis, and has raised over half the amount needed for surgery but is unemployed and needs our help for the balance.  Here are her words:

Luna is a godsend to me because she is one that give unconditional love and I adore her very much. At time, it seems like she even talks to me in her own way. When I noticed that she was struggling to urniate I could not begin to tell you what I was thinking. I would check her and when I removed a pearl like ball from her private part, I took her to Dr. Hill her regular doctor and did the xray and it confirmed that she has stones and this is why her urinating is out of control.

To make a donation for Lunda please click here Donate to Luna!and mark your gift "GF - Luna Alvarez".  If you would prefer to use Paypal directly, our email address for direct Paypal donations is paypal@imom.org.   Be sure to let us know who your donation is for.

Thanks in advance for you help and support for this pet.

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Salli C

Salli C
  • Members
  • 8 posts
Donated $25 to Luna. Hang in there little Luna. Our prayers are with you.

Michele W

Michele W

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 254 posts
$25 more for Luna!

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Thank you Salli and Michele for your donation. Luna send you a big smile from her heart.

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Community: I really would like to thank all who can help. This would be a blessing that Luna can have this surgery. I watch how she struggles to urinate and I bet she gets frustrated. Luna as well as all animals need us to help them get through many things in life. Luna is like a child to me, except she barks, walks on four legs, but the hugs she gives is the warmth to the heart. She is a protector so I want to give back to her for all her good deeds. Please help me keep her around. She will be 7 years old on 1/18/12 but she still is a puppy to me and she even acts like one. I wish all can meet her to see how loving she is. Thank you from our hearts. Providencia and Luna Alvarez

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Providencia...WELCOME to IMOM...they are a wonderful organization...I am so glad to see that Luna was accepted for fund raising...

The best thing you can do for your girl is post, post and then post some more...the IMOM angels are always reading but many times they do not post on the forum...you want to show everyone how much you love your girl...I can see it in your posts...tell stories about her...how she got her name, her favorite toy...we know that you're worried about her...and she needs this surgery to get well...

I know that you are going to do a GREAT JOB...I can see that in your words...Luna is a lucky girl to have such a good momma...Judy

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Luna relaxing after taking her meds required to line her bladder in preparation for surgery. She is my sleeping angel. She is so good. Attached File  Luna relaxing.jpg   42.87K   16 downloadsAttached File  Luna relaxing.jpg   42.87K   16 downloads

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Here is a story about why Luna is so precious.

I have lost my home, my car and I am unemployed and am trying to raise these funds so that Luna can be taken care of. When the hard times came rolling in, Luna was whom I would hold and she would make my world better. She gives unconditional love and it is a great pleasure to say that when I step out of the house and come home, she is happy to see me and what other way to be greeted but by the one who loves you most.

At night when she is ready to go to sleep, she comes and barks at me to let me know she is ready. She starts out sleeping with me and when she feels I am safe and sleeping, she gets off the bed and goes to sleep in her bed on the floor. At night I enjoy to hear her snoring and I know that she is feeling safe and good. When she needs to go out ad take care of her business, she lets you know it. I have had a great joy in ownership and want to have many more years with her.

Where I live there is a family that adores her too. The owner of the property loves Luna. The owner is sick and I take get joy in watching how Luna manages to get close to her. The homeowner enjoys taking Luna on car rides and Luna loves it when she is taken. Her excitment that she is going out, shows me that she is happy with where she is and her surroundings.

Everyone who comes in contact with her likes her and she knows it. You can actually tell when Luna is missing. I know while Luna is in surgery, I am going to be beside myself and praying that she comes out of it in good condition and without no kind of complications.

To my little angel LUNA - mommy loves you and am hoping we can get this taken care of soon.

Salli C

Salli C
  • Members
  • 8 posts
Expect a miracle Providencia and Luna. I read your last post with tears. What a beautiful story and what a beautiful girl she is. I am following her progress and eagerly await the change of status to "all funds received". If anyone can do it, this wonderful group of angels at IMOM can. I lost my precious girl, Yoda, on New Years's Eve. She was my heart and my best friend also and I am still struggling with my loss every minute of every day. I joined this group of angels and make donations in memory of Yoda to honor her memory.  Just keep telling Luna how much you love her and to hang in there with everything she's got. Help is on the way. Believe it and miracles will happen. Come on IMOM angels. We're soooo close.

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Salli C - I am so sorry for your loss. I know that it is hard when a pet dies because they are part of your family. The best friend is always the one who is there for you all the time. Before Luna, I had other pets and when they passed on, I cried for days and it was like my heart was torned out.
I love having a pet around and enjoy just knowing that there is a warm heart that is loving me too. I believe in miracles and this organization and the new found family in IMOM are guardian angels.

Edited by Providencia, 07 January 2012 - 03:35 PM.

Salli C

Salli C
  • Members
  • 8 posts
I just posted all of Luna's links on my Facebook page. Hopefully, more money will come in and you can get this girl the surgery she needs. Hang in there little Luna.

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,498 posts
Haven't seen an update since this morning, so not sure how much is needed, but here's another $25 in honor of Tucker and Justice, who would willingly donate to another mini schnauzer in need if they could.  :)

Judy G.

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Salli C and Judy G, Thank you for being such beautiful angels. Luna is sleeping peacefully and I know if she could talk, she would be very greatful. But since she can not, I am very greatful for all the hard work and energy that all are putting into this cause. Thank you and good night. All are in my prayers. If I am smiling, Luna is smiling too. Hugs from Providencia and Luna Alvarez

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,921 posts
We will update funds first thing tomorrow. Thanks, angels!

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,892 posts
$25 coming from AJ's Pride.  We hope you feel better soon little Luna.  No full Lunas.

Skeeter

Edited by CatPaws, 08 January 2012 - 10:02 AM.

HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
Thanks, once again, to the best community ever, Luna has reached her fund raising goal.

She is now moving to AFR :dogsled:
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
The community of IMOM is one of the best. I have never seen a community come together like I have seen in these two days. I know all of us care for pets because they are a big part of our world. Luna is so greatful to have me as her mommy but best of all, she will definitely be forever greatful to her new found friends and loved ones who are helping her get her operation. I believe in miracles and you are all guardian angels who have come together and have made me and Luna believe that the world has a heart.

This morning Luna took her meds, ate breakfast and is resting. I will tell her that IMOM's guardian angels have come through for her and she will soon be feeling better. Thank you so much and we are forever in your debt. All who donated are god sends and I must say the feeling that has cover over me to see that my baby girl will soon be better brings tears to my eyes. Again, thank you so much. Providencia and Luna Alvarez

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Providencia...I am SO HAPPY for you and Luna...

She is such a sweet, little girl...and now she's going to be well again...

I think that when a dog develops bladder stones they have to be on certain food...once they do the surgery I think they examine the stones to see what they are composed of...and then they recommend what you should feed her?  Am I right??

I am sure that you are going to contact your vet first thing Monday to tell them that all the funds have been raised...how soon do you think it will be before Luna can have her surgery??

I am hoping for Monday or Tuesday.....CONGRATULATIONS to you on a job well done...your love for Luna is so strong...Judy

Salli C

Salli C
  • Members
  • 8 posts
Providencia - WOW - I can't tell you how happy I am for you and little Luna. I'm on the west coast. I woke up this morning and of course the first thing I did was check Luna's status on iMOM. Those words were music to my ears "ALL FUNDS RAISED"..... Take care of that precious little girl and PLEASE let us know how her surgery goes. You and Luna will now be forever in my thoughts and prayers. SENDING LOTS OF LOVE FROM CALIFORNIA.

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Judy,

I am going to called first thing tomorrow morning and once they give me the date and time, I will post it on the community forum and do the daily follow ups until she is out of danager.

As for the food, yes the vet told me that she will be placed on a special diet once the stones are examined so that the food can avoid her from getting the stones in the future. I will also be getting as piece of the rock luna created and will take a picture and post it so the community forum could see what they have donated to as well as a picture of Luna after surgery.

Thanks again to all and will keep in contact.

Luna was already told and I am sure she is very happy that her fraustration to urinate is almost over. It is not over until Luna starts to sing (Bark) and I start to sing. :cool026:

IMOM thanks again for all of your help.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,184 posts

View PostJudy G, on 07 January 2012 - 10:28 PM, said:

Haven't seen an update since this morning, so not sure how much is needed, but here's another $25 in honor of Tucker and Justice, who would willingly donate to another mini schnauzer in need if they could.  :)

Judy G.

WOW!!! This all happened so quickly...like Magic!  :magicmoon:

When I saw Luna was a mini schnauzer I was particularly disappointed that I had missed being here yesterday to give emotional support. Then I saw that Judy G. was right in here for us... :heart:

Oh, Judy G. thank u ever so much in honoring Tuck and Justice-u are so right, they would have loved to have donated to Luna if they could. Thank u for doing it for them...and for me--it brought tears to my eyes.

Hi Providencia, my 2 mini schnauzers, Tucker and Justice, are in the chronic illness forum here at IMOM. The angels here at IMOM are keeping my little guys with me with their sponsorships. I am glad u now know what Magic here at IMOM means, becuz the angels never let any PIN (Pet In Need) kid down.

I know that special love of a schnauzie, becuz my 2 are such blessings (as are all my mini's who have gone ahead to The Bridge). Luna is adorable and I am so glad that by her birthday she will be feeling so much better.

When my Tuck first became a PIN kid nearly 8 years ago (both boyz are severe epileptics), when he would have a good day and be feeling great I would post that he was wiggle buttin'. Finally everyone started asking if he was having a WBD (wiggle butt day). I have a feeling that u know exactly what that means with Luna. The wiggle starts in their little nubber of a tail and then moves to their hips and all the way up to their shoulders. Having a WBD became so popular at IMOM that there is even an emoticon with Tuck's picture saying "Have a WBD!!".

So, Tuck, Justice, me and all the angels here at IMOM hope Luna starts having some WBD's after her surgery!

:wbd3:  

Thank u angels for helping Luna.

Please give Luna a hug from us.

Cindy
Posted Image

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
IMOM angels:

I wanted to let you know that Luna is not doing so well right now. She is even more nervous and now she is urinating blood. This is a first and  I had to find a pad and place it on her. I also wanted to let you know that she will be going in tomorrow morning to see Dr. Richard Hill her doctor to go for surgery.

Our guardian angels must have know that time is of the essence and the fund raising could not have come any sooner. I will keep watch on her tonight and make her feel as comfortable as possible until I take her in. I am a bit scared but I have confidence that we both will make it through the night.

I will let you know the outcome of her surgery tomorrow when I call the clinic to see how she did. Thank you and good night angels. Many hugs from Providencia and Luna Alvarez

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
It's going on 9 am here in Ohio so I know you and Luna will be getting up soon to get the vets for her surgery...

Sending positive thoughts and prayers that Luna had a better night and is all set for today...can't wait to see you post that she is out of surgery and into recovery.  Judy

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Judy sorry to say but it is not happening today. Who knows, I believe in miracles. Here is the latest on Luna:

Doctor could not schedule her in as expected but here is an update for today. Overbooked: She's still urinating with a slight tint of blood in it. Her Doctor stated that I should keep her on the antibiotics and right now the best he could do is Monday 1/16/12. But he also informed me that I am on call in case one of his other surgery patients do not show up, Luna will be put right in. This is starting as of today.

I am constantly praying that nothing else goes wrong until she goes to surgery. I will be keeping Luna comfortable and in pampers for her urination issues.  Thanks again and god blessProvidencia and Luna Alvarez

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Providencia...I know how you wanted Luna taken care of today...WOW, a whole week...I will be keeping my fingers crossed to see if there is a cancellation this week...it's Monday so it's a possibility...and I know that you will be right on top of things to check in every day to see if that has happened...

Luna is in the best of hands and you will take great care of her...but I know this going to be the longest week EVER...Judy

Salli C

Salli C
  • Members
  • 8 posts
I just read the updated posts. I will be praying that Luna is taken into surgery sooner. A week seems like a very long time, but I have to think that the surgeon feels it is safe to wait, otherwise he would've rescheduled a lesser surgery to fit Luna in. Luna, you have so many people on your side and pulling for you. You are loved by all of us at IMOM. Hang in there sweet baby. Providencia, I would keep calling the surgeon's office every day - maybe twice a day. It's the squeaky wheel that gets oiled. You are constantly in my thoughts and I just know that Luna will be in surgery soon. Even though we are all spread out over the country, we are right there beside you.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,184 posts
Hi Providencia,

I have thought of Luna often today and praying her surgery had gone well. What a shame they couldn't do her surgery, especially after last night. I am glad she is staying on the antibiotic, but did they give her pain medication too?

If there is any chance they might get her into surgery u might want to fast her after midnight every night, and not feed her in the mornings until after u speak with the vet's office every AM. If they have a last minute cancellation and Luna has had her breakfast then they won't be able to do the surgery. Maybe ask them the best way to do it.

Thanks so much for taking the time to find Tucker and Justice's thread-it was so sweet of u to post. The boyz are often "moon doggies" becuz they have seizures often but usually for sure when it's the full moon. But maybe ur little moon, Luna, brought them luck since so far no seizures with the full moon.

We will continue sending positive thoughts and prayers that Tuck and Justice's schnauzer buddy Luna will be comfortable until she can finally have her surgery. We want her singing and having WBD's.

Hang in there Providencia and Luna!

Hugs to Luna from me and the boyz
Posted Image

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Judy, Salli C, k9sign:

Today, I actually must say that Luna was in a different spirit. I do not know why she started to bleed in her urine, but tonight I walked her for a bit to make sure she goes a few times if possible and noticed a lighter tint of blood compared to last night.

I have her wearing a pink cinderella pull up size 2T and I cut out a hole for her nubby and she is in her glory. If she wets the pull up with urine it changes color to let me know that she urinated and I check to see what came out. This will help me update the doctor as to her changes.

Tomorrow morning, I will be calling to see if the vet has any changes for me and can advise me of when if there is an earlier date. Luna is only on antibiotics. She is a strong little girl schnauzer who is a job to watch.

I am amazed as to her allowing me to put on these pull ups and not fuss on having them on. She knows mommy is only watching and caring for her.

I will post pictures of her soon. I am just waiting to see what the vet tells me and yes, I will take all your advises into consideration. We can help each other guide the care of these beautiful fuzzy children. Tucker and Justice, thanks for beings there for Luna. She needs big brothers like you both to guide her and she is your little sister.

Hugs and thanks for the prayers. Always in our thoughts. Good nite from Luna and Providencia

Providencia

Providencia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Good Afternoon:

Sorry for the delay in posting about Luna. I woke up this morning and called the vet and still no entry but I continue to keep my hopes up that this week they can do the surgery.

After the call, I let Luna out and she moved a but slow but I think it is because she was tired. I was tired too, and we both went back to sleep and just woke up and now she is outside in the yard doing what she does best. She is still in pampers to avoid accidents. The antibiotics are taking well with her again and our spirits are looking forward to the day of the surgery.

Thanks and hugs to all the guardian angels at IMOM and our new found friends from all over.
Providencia and Luna Alvarez

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,184 posts
Hi Providencia and Miss Luna,

I am so glad Luna's urine has less blood in it then a couple nights ago. I had hoped that u would have news this AM of the vet getting Luna into surgery today. But one day at a time...

What a smart little girl keeping her pampers on-I'm not sure my boyz would be quite so good abt it, although they have worn pants or t-shirts after surgeries.

Tuck and Justice will be excited to see more pics of little Luna (me too!).

Give Luna a hug from all of us!

Cindy
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users