Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Rasta: Pyometra, Surgery Needed ASAP

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

Karie

Karie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
Sent a few bucks for your girl.  I sure hope she gets to spend Christmas with you infection free!  :)

I wasn't aware of spaying either, and my girl is 9!!  A few years ago we had found a place to do it for cheaper than the vet... then we heard that those places can do a hack job and don't do much for pain management so we backed out.  I thought we were fine since she's an inside dog and never goes out of our sight.  Live and learn.  :)

Keep posting cute stories about your girl, and pictures if you can.  The angels out there will get her taken care of.  :)

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,899 posts
Checking in the AM to make sure that Rasta is at the vet and surgery has either begun or will SOON.....

Positive thoughts and prayers for a total success and the word that she is out of surgery and in recovery...

What a tremendous Christmas gift to you and your daughter...Judy

Rasta

Rasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Rasta is at the vet and in surgery.  Now the hard part....waiting.  I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the positive thoughts and prayers.

XOXO

rocody

rocody

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 344 posts

View PostJudy, on 21 December 2011 - 08:12 PM, said:

Extra special prayers for you and Rasta tonight...

I am an early bird so I'll be starting my morning ride to work with my regular prayers and an extra word or two for Rasta...

Great job today...this girl has an important job to do, so I hope she gets home soon...can't wait for you to say that all is well and she's in recovery.

Praying for Rasta and a complete recovery
Rose

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,899 posts
Getting a little worried...hoping for a GOOD report here soon.

callyrox

callyrox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I sure wish Rasta's mom would post something. I've been checking in periodically all day. Has anyone heard anything?

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,845 posts
I'm with you....   Wondering if maybe she lost track of where the thread was since it's moved to AFR.  Sure hope Rasta is recovering and feeling better than she did yesterday.
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Rasta

Rasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
There was some complications with the surgery. She is still in recovery.  I will post back in an hour. Very worried. Please keep positive thoughts coming.

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,845 posts
Rottie Love and positive thoughts heading to Atlanta.  We're with you!
HELP JUST ONE

Rasta

Rasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
There was some complications with the surgery. She is still in recovery.  I will post back in an hour. Very worried. Please keep positive thoughts coming.

Hope and Angel Kitty Kitty

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 139 posts
That just made me smile from ear to ear because you knew I was watching.....wink....

View PostBeauty, on 21 December 2011 - 04:25 PM, said:

Rasta- you have Angel Kitty Kitty and his Mommy watching over you . Everything is going to be just fine.

Way to go, IMOM Angels...

Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 139 posts
I was just able to get online and can't wait for the next update!  Praying Rasta is doing better!  What were the complications?  Please keep us updated as we all get emotionally involved.  It is like a closure needing to happen!  Thoughts are with you!  

Rasta

Rasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Picking Rasta up now!! We should be home soon. So excited to see her!  Thanks guys for the great energy and encouraging words. Oh and the generous contributions. :)

Big hugs and kisses to you ALL!

Rasta

Rasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Oh, the complications were her reaction to the anestetia (sp). But all is well. She is awake and her temp is normal.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,899 posts
I can't wait for Rasta to get home where she belongs...she's going to need to be kept quiet for a few days to get anesthetic out of her system and she'll need to make sure that she can't chew on her sutures...

See if the clinic is going to send an e-collar home with her...that should help some...

I hope she'll be a good girl and leave them alone...she should be kind of worn out the first few days but after that she's going to start feeling like her old self again...

YAY RAH...surgery over...now it's just recovery...what a Christmas gift!!!  Please, Please keep us posted on her progress...Judy

Rasta

Rasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
What a challenge getting her in and out of the car. She is miserable and so am I. :(

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,899 posts
I was worried when I read that Rasta was still in recovery and then coming home...you must remember she was thru A LOT yesterday...and with a later surgery she was pretty much out of it...

Poor girl...plus, she's a big girl...so I imagine you were really struggling with her as she wouldn't have been able to help you much...

But...she's going to be getting better and better every day...today might be a little tough but tomorrow will be better...

And, she needs to be quiet for a few days so that's a good thing...I imagine that she will be sleeping alot..which is a good thing.

I hope the vet gave you some pain medication at least for a couple of days...

Judy

Rasta

Rasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Rasta did not sleep at all last night.  She refused to lay on her belly.  I was finally able to give her some pain meds this morning, so she is resting now.  I see the light at the end of the tunnel. :)

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,899 posts
I know it's tough to get them to take their meds...our girls are terrible about that...

I use CREAM CHEESE...whipped is the easiest but the brick works nicely...they also LOVE the cheese than starts with an N...neufachel (sp)...

I cut the pill in half...make them sit like they are getting a treat...the pill is inside a little ball of cream cheese...they swallow it whole...

SO glad Rasta is a bit better this morning...hang in there...things are only going to get better...Judy

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,876 posts
So happy Rasta is home again. For helping her get around, you might try (if it is ok to do this) using a towel to help her hold herself up...you put the towel under her belly and hold up the two ends over the top of her body. Think of a body sling...probably best to check with the vet before you try this...

Anesthesia is one of the more difficult parts of surgery and takes time to clear the system. If you have ever had any kind of abdominal surgery, you can still remember how it felt (ouch)...

I hope Rasta feels a lot better soon

Kathy

Rasta

Rasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
I think Rasta is out of the woods.  She is up and about and tail wagging.  :banana:

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,845 posts
Wagging tails are always a good sign, especially after surgery for a condition this life threatening.  Anesthesia takes a good 3 days to completely clear, so sleeping and resting is also a good sign the body is working to heal.

Have a peaceful Christmas!
HELP JUST ONE

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,899 posts
What a great Christmas present...Rasta wagging her tail...YAY

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!