Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Rasta: Pyometra, Surgery Needed ASAP

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

Kyle imom

Kyle imom

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 384 posts
Diagnosis: Pyometra
Low end of estimate:  $1200.82
Less owner contribution:   -$100                            
Needed for low end of estimate: $1100.82
4% of $1100.82 for IMOM operating expenses = $44.03
Our fund raising goal is $1144.85
Caseworker: Kyle

Posted Image

Rasta is a 6 year old Rottweiler with pyometra, a serious and potentially life-threatening infection of the uterus. Her vet confirms her condition is serious and surgery must take place as soon as possible.

We hope to make surgery possible tomorrow, Wednesday 12.21.2011. Please help make this possible with your gift, and please spread the word about Rasta.  

To make a donation for this pet, please click here and mark your gift, “GF - Rasta Bryant.”

IMOM’s email address for direct Paypal donations is paypal@imom.org. Be sure to let us know who your donation is for.

(Fund updates will be provided as time allows. Please do not write to the committee to ask for updates. We will do the best we can to keep them as current as possible)

Thank you very much.

Edited by Kyle imom, 21 December 2011 - 12:37 AM.

Posted Image

IMOM's ability to make immediate emergency donations to pets in crisis depends on donations to our General Fund. Please click here to help. Thank you!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,891 posts
Rasta's thread was posted late last night for people on the East Coast...so, we have to work hard to get this girl to surgery...

I hope that Rasta's owner posts soon, but I know that the forum is very confusing in the beginning...SO...let's work hard to get some donations in before Rasta's parents get here...what a GREAT Christmas present that will be!!!

This is the season for caring, sharing and giving...isn't this a perfect way to make you feel good...Judy

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,471 posts
Donated $25.  Here's hoping for many more donations to get Rasta her surgery.

Judy G.

Rasta

Rasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Rasta is the BEST dog ever! She is so easy-going and friendly.  She is a big baby who still thinks she can fit in your lap. :) I got her when she was 6 weeks old, becuase my daughter was afraid of dogs.  My daughter is 10 now and they are best friends.  Up until recently, she sleeps in the bed with Rasta.  Now she can't get up there becuase she can barely move she is in so much pain.  I am in a financial pickle becuase I am currently not working (which is not normal), but I am deseprate to save my baby's life.  This is already a very difficult Christmas for my daughter, to lose Rasta would be devastating to say the least.  Please look into your hearts and help SAVE RASTA! <3

Diagnosis:
Pyometra
Low end of estimate:  $1200.82
Less owner contribution:   -$100                                
Needed for low end of estimate: $1100.82
4% of $1100.82 for IMOM operating expenses = $44.03
Our fund raising goal is $1144.85
Caseworker: Kyle

Rasta is a 6 year old Rottweiler with pyometra, a serious and potentially life-threatening infection of the uterus. Her vet confirms her condition is serious and surgery must take place as soon as possible.

We hope to make surgery possible tomorrow, Wednesday 12.21.2011. Please help make this possible with your gift, and please spread the word about Rasta.  

[url="http://imom.org/donate_to_a_pin.htm"]To make a donation for this pet, please click here[/url] and mark your gift, "GF - Rasta Bryant."

IMOM's email address for direct Paypal donations is paypal@imom.org. Be sure to let us know who your donation is for.

(Fund updates will be provided as time allows. Please do not write to the committee to ask for updates. We will do the best we can to keep them as current as possible)

Thank you very much.
[/quote]

Edited by Rasta, 21 December 2011 - 08:25 AM.

Rasta

Rasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
THANKS Judy! xoxo

Donated $25.  Here's hoping for many more donations to get Rasta her surgery.

Judy G.
[/quote]

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,891 posts
It sounds as if Rasta is really loved by her family...and she has a little girl that she needs to take care of...

Pyometra is deadly if not taken care of right way...Look at Rasta's face...how cute is she with her sunglasses on...

Then read her owners post about how she cannot even get in bet with her little girl...because she's in pain...we can help correct this...

PLEASE...this girl can be well for Christmas...what a wonderful present for her little girl...Judy

Rasta

Rasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Rasta is having a very bad morning.  My heart hurts watching her just lay there.  This surgery means everything to us right now.  I would do anything in the world to have her here for Christmas.  She wont make it without the surgery soon.  I wanted to post more picture of Rasta and my daughter together.  I have some really funny pictures to share. She is a hoot. :) :) :)

WE LOVE RASTA PASTA NASTA!!!

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,215 posts
Rasta has received $35 in donations.  Please make a donation so we can get her in for surgery. It's the holidays and soon everything will be closed.

Click to make a donation for RASTA
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Rasta

Rasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Everyone ask why did we name a girl Rasta.  :) It's a very funny story.  We drove almost 3 hours to a farm in California City to get her.  I told the owner of the shelter that I would like a boy becuase my daughter loved listening to Bob Marley and she wanted to name him Bob.  So we picked out what we thought was a boy dog.  My daughter was 4 at the time and asked if he could have locks in his hair when he grows up.  I told her that his hair wouldn't grow that long, but we could call him Rasta if she like.  A few days later we took Rasta to the vet for her shots and the vet informed us that Rasta was a girl!  I never looked and since all pups use the bathroom the same, I didn't notice.  I called the owner of the shelter to tell him of the mistake and he offered to take her back.  So we drove all the way back to California City to do the exchange, and my daughter had Rasta in a headlock and REFUSE to let her go.  So what could I do?  They were already in love with each other. :)   I even tried to get her to change her name, but she said "she wont know if you call her becuase I already told her that her name is Rasta". lol

To this day, they are inseperable.  If my daughter is sick, she wont leave her side.  Even if I had to discipline my daughter, I would have to sneak and do it, becuase she would bark her head off.  :)

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,891 posts
IMOM angels...this is a serious situation.....Rasta needs surgery NOW...Jacki is right...after tomorrow everything is going to be closed until Tuesday...and that might be TOO LATE....

There is a little girl involved who loves her dog...this dog is her buddy and best friend...can't we help??

Rasta's parent...where are you located?  Are you in touch with your vet to see if the funds are raised can surgery happen right away??

Let's SPREAD THE WORD...and make this happen...Please...

Rasta

Rasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Jacki, you are so right.  Rasta should have been spayed a while ago.  I had plans on letting her mate, but decided not to becuase she had extreme cycles and the vet felt that her breeding would make it worst.  I was unaware of the risk that was involved with not spaying her.  Just oblivious to it all.  She turned 6 in November and my plan was to have her spayed then.  I wish I can turn back time.  I would have spayed her years ago.  What a tough lesson to learn.  I just hope Rasta and Dai (my daughter) don't have to suffer becuase of my ignorance.

But no matter what, I am a strong advocate of spaying now.  I will help get the word out AND stay very active in the IMOM community! #promise

Rasta

Rasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
We are now located in Atlanta.  We moved here after my company closed in Cali.  This is a tough time, and we need Rasta.  We are family.

Bansfield Pet Hospital will be doing the surgery and they are ready to take her.  They are asking that I keep them posted on the fund raising to assure we don't wait too late.  Time is not on our side.

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,215 posts
What are the holiday hours at Banfield?

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,891 posts
Spaying is most important...and there are a lot of people that don't really know that unfortunately...In HONOR of Rasta you can now pay it forward...teaching others what can happen if you don't spay your pet...

also...there are so many dogs and cats that need homes...shelters are full to the brim...breed specific rescues can't even take in more dogs as there are no fosters for them...

NOW...we will go forward...and teach others the importance of spay/neuter....and it's so sad that you have to learn about this way...I can tell just how much you love your girl...and she's so special to your daughter, Dai...

SO...what we'll do is work hard to make this happen...

Is Banfield open this Saturday with it being Christmas Eve??  We need to know what time frame we have to work with...of course SOONER is better...today would be the best...

We'll get busy and spread the word...remember, communication is the most important thing right now...everyone needs to know what needs to happen...time is of the essence...

cgerrans

cgerrans

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 216 posts
OK Angels..I know things are tough..they are for everybody and it seems as if we have had a lot of emergencies these past few weeks but Xmas is special and we can't let anybody down. Let's have a CHALLENGE. I will match the next $300 that comes in for Rasta. Please take my money. Let's get Rasta well! HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL! Christine

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,215 posts

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,215 posts

View Postcgerrans, on 21 December 2011 - 11:20 AM, said:

OK Angels..I know things are tough..they are for everybody and it seems as if we have had a lot of emergencies these past few weeks but Xmas is special and we can't let anybody down. Let's have a CHALLENGE. I will match the next $300 that comes in for Rasta. Please take my money. Let's get Rasta well! HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL! Christine

Yay, Christine!  I hope lots of people step up to the plate and accept your challenge.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,891 posts
I am going to go and post the challenge on Facebook RIGHT NOW!!!

Christine...THANK YOU...Merry Christmas to you...what a wonderful thing to do...and you're right...TIS THE SEASON!!!!!!

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,840 posts
Like Dai, I am a Bob Marley fan.    I am absolutely thankful you decided not to intentionally breed Rasta.  I am also questioning the "farm" as a shelter, and suspect you actually encountered a puppy miller, so I am very happy you are here at IMOM now and that Rasta and your daughter are bonded so.

For the love and memory of Jessie, a beautiful rottie mix, I've sent what I can to help Rasta.
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,215 posts
Fund update:

Rasta has $170 in donations. There have been no donations yet for Christine's challenge.

Rasta still need $975

Rasta

Rasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Thanks so much CatPaws for the love and support.  Every little bit helps!!!! XOXOXOX

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,215 posts
Rasta's mom - stay with us here as long as you can. Your presence will do more than you can imagine to help raise the money for your girl.

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors (A)
  • 448 posts
Please Angles - money is so tight for all of us right now.  I know that.  But we just can't let Rasta down.   Gosh - not right before Christmas.  I'm so strapped for money right now - but I'm going to make a donation.  Who is with me?  Even a little donation will add up. A big donation would be AWESOME! Let's make this Christmas a very special one for Rasta and her family.  :eight:  Magic is in the air!
Sarah/IMOM Board of Directors

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,891 posts
I think that CatPaws donated just as you were writing...but, just in case...I am going to donate and take some of Christine's money in honor of our sweet girl Roxie...I was single and living on my own when I got her and didn't get the money to have her spayed until she was 4 yrs. old...it was a Christmas present to me from my boyfriend...who is now my wonderful husband...so this is a special donation from me...

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,215 posts
We have $100 for Christine's challenge. Who else wants to help her spend her money -- for a VERY good cause I might add Posted Image

Rasta

Rasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
I'm in tears of joy on such a tough day. I never knew such a community exsisted. My heart is so full right now. I wish I could hug each and every one of you!!! Thank you so much Jacki for your generous offer! You absolutely ROCK!!

Edited by Rasta, 21 December 2011 - 11:50 AM.

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
OK, I've been following behind the scenes on this, but obviously, Rasta needs some help. And that help needs to come soon.  

We have a $300.00 matching challenge going on right now thanks to Christine!   That's huge!!!    So remember, all those folks that think that $5.00 isn't going to help get to the goal - WRONG.  That $5.00 will get Rasta into surgery. And right now that $5.00 or $10.00 is being matched. So its doubled!  

It would be nice if Rasta could have surgery today - and then home tomorrow so that she's ready for Xmas Eve and Day!  Just a thought!

Melissa/IMOM

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,215 posts

View PostSarah IMOM, on 21 December 2011 - 11:36 AM, said:

Please Angles - money is so tight for all of us right now.  I know that.  But we just can't let Rasta down.   Gosh - not right before Christmas.  I'm so strapped for money right now - but I'm going to make a donation.  Who is with me?  Even a little donation will add up. A big donation would be AWESOME! Let's make this Christmas a very special one for Rasta and her family.  :eight:  Magic is in the air!

Sarah called it! Let's get some Magic in the air here and I guarantee you "Himself" will smile down on all of us from TheBridgePosted Image

Kay

Kay

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,102 posts
Judy, I had never heard the story of Roxie and the Christmas present of her spay -- since I'll be lucky if your card gets there before Christmas, I'm sending in my donation in honor of that very special Christmas gift.

Hoping that others will join in donating, and get Rasta to surgery so she can spend Christmas with her special girl.

Rasta

Rasta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Big thanks to Christine!  I have emialed every person I know to get the word out on your challenge.  Its is my hope that I will be able to pay all of this selfless love forward to the next pet in need.  

Thanks Kay for your donation and well wishes!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users