Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Tyberious - kitten needs surgery tomorrow

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Kyle imom

Kyle imom

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 387 posts
Diagnosis: Broken Jaw and Needle in Stomach
Low end of estimate:  $885.44
Less owner contribution:   -$ 50.00
Needed for low end of estimate: $835.44
4% of $835.44 for IMOM operating expenses = $33.41
Our fund raising goal is $ 868.85
Spayed or neutered: Yes
Caseworker: Kyle

Posted Image

Tyberious is a 9 month old Siamese cat who has been hit by a car, resulting in a broken jaw. The vet has also found a sewing needle in his stomach, which is life-threatening. He needs surgery tomorrow, Monday 12/19.

The vet says this kitty has been bleeding from the mouth. There is no time to lose.

To make a donation for this pet, please click here and mark your gift, “GF – Tyberious Howerton.”

IMOM’s email address for direct Paypal donations is paypal@imom.org. Be sure to let us know who your donation is for.

(Fund updates will be provided as time allows.)

Thank you very much.

Posted Image

Kyle imom

Kyle imom

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 387 posts
I forgot to mention that this kitty's owner had to work today and will not be able to participate on the community forum for the next few hours.

Tyberious is off to a great start! In 1 hour, he's raised $330!

Thank you!
Posted Image

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,986 posts
WOW Kyle...that's great news...I can't wait for this kitties owner to come to the forum and see how well things are going...

This is GREAT NEWS!!!  Judy

kathowerton

kathowerton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Attached File  eddieandty.jpg   48.26K   3 downloadsAttached File  1016111501a.jpg   232.12K   3 downloads Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone. Simply knowing that there are other compassionate people out there who care for kitties like I do is a comfort. I apologize for my delay in some replies, I'm a college student working two jobs to afford the basics. Tyberious is still very quiet and resisting food. Water is my biggest concern, because he hates the syringe so much. The vet will be ready for the surgery tomorrow if I can afford it.
Tyberious Adam was born in the back seat of my boyfriend's car. Out of 5 kittens, he was the only siamese. The second we met him we fell in love. He is playful and cuddly; the perfect combination for a baby like him. I have an older kitty, Edward, who loves him just as much. Usually they are best friends, but right now Edward senses that Tyberious is sick and his instincts must have kicked in because he wont go anywhere near his baby brother. It is the most heartbreaking thing to see Tyberious try to lay next to Edward and be hissed at :'(
He received his middle name, Adam, from both my boyfriend and me. Each of us has an older brother named Adam, and it seemed the best choice. My boyfriend, unfortunately, is far away and I cannot even get ahold of him to alert him of our baby's situation, which is another reason why I love IMOM, I don't feel as alone as I did when racing my kitty to the emergency clinic. I pray to God that I will not lose him, because he is my world.

Edited by kathowerton, 18 December 2011 - 06:19 PM.

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,921 posts

***FUND UPDATE ***

Tyberious now has $545!!!  Only $324 left to go......please help this sweet boy receive the help he needs tomorrow.  No donation is too small - just visit HELP TIBERIUS and designate your gift to Tiberius Howerton.  Thanks to all the angels who have donated and cross-posted his story.  We couldn't do it without you!

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Sunflowergal89

Sunflowergal89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
I am a Mewser-Mommy so have to help out precious Tyberious and his mommy.  Prayers of healing for this sweet boy.  :minichat6:   Off to donate $100.

Sunflowergal89

Sunflowergal89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Well Paypal went through twice accidently so $200 donated to Tyberious.  Merry Christmas!

kathowerton

kathowerton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Tyberious thanks you. when I one day finally become an environmental science, IMOM will be receiving many donations from us. I will make sure to become an IMOM Angel one day, and I will forever be greatful to everyone involved with this organization.

mikken

mikken

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 286 posts
Then I'll get the last $124.  Let's get the little guy into surgery and on the mend first thing tomorrow!

kathowerton

kathowerton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I cannot express how much this means to us. I will bring him in first thing tomorrow and make sure my vet tells everyone about IMOM. I cannot wait until I can donate, but I'm still in debt after maxing out my credit card at the emergency vet clinic. I thought all was lost after I called all of my family members and was told to put him down.. my baby will be able to have his first Christmas..

mycatfarm

mycatfarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I was not able to donate much because finances are tight, but I gave what I could afford earlier today.  IMOM helped save my cat Kona nearly 4 years ago.  I pray that Tyberious has a speedy recovery.  We fight for our babies.

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,228 posts
Thank you everyone!! Tyberious has reached his fund raising goal and you are all wonderful. I'm moving Tyberious to AFR now.

:dogsled:
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

kathowerton

kathowerton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
God's Angels; thank you so many times over, I can't begin to explain. We're not out of the water yet, I'll keep everyone updated on the surgery. Thank you with tears in my eyes.

Sunflowergal89

Sunflowergal89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Please do keep up updated on your little kitty!

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,921 posts

View Postmycatfarm, on 18 December 2011 - 07:37 PM, said:

I was not able to donate much because finances are tight, but I gave what I could afford earlier today.  IMOM helped save my cat Kona nearly 4 years ago.  I pray that Tyberious has a speedy recovery.  We fight for our babies.
We remember Kona!  We hope his diet change worked, and that his vision problems resolved over time.

Thank you for coming back and supporting another pet in need.  That warms our hearts more than you know.

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

kathowerton

kathowerton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Tyberious is on the mend currently and being such a big boy about it. he hates his IV and the stitches, and keeps trying to rip them out. but we're watching him to make sure he doesn't. His mouth looks funny but the vet said to take him home and see if an anti-inflammatory help his case. Unfortunately, my big kitty Edward isn't doing so well... It looks like he got into another fight and he can't walk.. I'm trying to see if his leg is broken or if he's just in pain. keep your prayers with both my boys, and I will keep you all updated. thank you all so much for all your support and love. I can't imagine what would have happened if I didn't find IMOM, My babies are everything to me, <3

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,986 posts
I am glad to read that all went well...and I'm so sorry to read about Edward...

It seems that you are letting your kitties outside...perhaps for the time being, or better yet, permanently, they need to stay inside only...the outside seems to be pretty cruel to them both right now...

Give it a whirl...Edward needs to recoup from his "fight" and let's hope he doesn't have an abscess...did you know that a cats mouth is the dirtest thing around?  infection could set in just like that...

Also, your baby needs to be monitored and kept quiet while he recovers...

Again, I am so happy that everything went well...that needle was so dangerous...and his jaw needs to heal...I know that you love your kitties so I know you will take good care of them...Please keep us posted on how the recovery is going...Judy

Arly56

Arly56
  • Members
  • 3 posts
I am so glad to hear they Tyberious made it through surgery!  

Please make your babies indoor cats.  If they MUST go out, see if friends could chip in and build an outdoor enclosure.  They can be very inexpensive for materials and to put up.

Like Judy said, the outside is not a safe or happy place for them - no matter how much they think they want to go out there.

I look forward to updates on Tyberious and hope Edward heals soon.<3

kathowerton

kathowerton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I agree, I want both my boys to be inside all the time.. But Edward sprays all over the house if i tell him no. He knows how to use a litter box, but pees out of spite. I am talking to my roommate about building a kennel-type enclosure because I think it may be my only choice. This makes me miss the country, where kitties can roam outside and be safe. Thanks everyone for your support, it is much needed. Eddie is hiding under my chair right now and Ty is trying to eat my Christmas tree.. :)) My boys are your boys, they love their angels.

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

So glad to read that you want protect the lives of your boys, by making them indoor kitties going forward.
Is Edward neutered? That could also be a cause of spraying problems if he isn't.

Maybe for the time being, do you know anyone who has a x-large dog kennel you could borrow? You could wrap small fencing wire around the outside of the kennel to avoid escape and set Edward in it with a small litter box inside. Then he could enjoy his time outside and not be injured.

There are also some do it yourself ideas on the internet. If you have some handy friends that could help out.

http://www.paws.org/...enclosures.html

You could also try craigslist for used puppy exercise pens.You can find rolls of small gauge fencing fairly cheap that you could roll around and over the top to keep kitties from squeezing through the round exercise pen.

Hope you find a solution to help your sweet boys stay safe. So glad to hear that Tyberious is on the mend.

Tammy-IMOM

kathowerton

kathowerton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
I actually have a doggie kennel that came with my new house. I'm thinking it would be the best idea to put a cover on it. Edward is neutered, but I rescued him after he was a year old before getting the procedure done. He still wont eat, so I'm going to head to the store and buy some wet kitty food to try and persuade him.. I'll post pictures of them both soon.. Tyberious looks like such a little cutie with his tongue hanging out... It could be permanent but I don't mind.. It sets him apart from other kitties. :)

kathowerton

kathowerton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Tomorrow I'm taking Edward in.... his shoulder seems to be dislocated and has started to swell.. also i'm a little worried about this pooch Tyberious's stomach has started to develop/... wish us luck!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,986 posts
Make sure you talk to the vet about Tyberious's problem while you're there...or, if it's a different vet call them today...as you know with the Holiday coming the vets office will be closed who knows what days...and you don't want an emergency on your hands...GOOD LUCK with both of them.  Judy

mycatfarm

mycatfarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

View PostCindy/IMOM, on 19 December 2011 - 09:35 AM, said:

We remember Kona!  We hope his diet change worked, and that his vision problems resolved over time.

Thank you for coming back and supporting another pet in need.  That warms our hearts more than you know.

Cindy/IMOM

Kona's diet changed worked and he regained most of the weight he had lost.  The thyroid is also under control.   His vision never improved, he is blind, but he does ok...he is always able to find the litter pan & his food.  If he gets lost, he talks to us and follows our voice.

Than you Cindy & IMOM for remembering us.  Kona now has his own facebook page and he gets the posts from IMOM which brought us to the post for Tyberious.

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas from Kona, Marilyn & Pat.

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,888 posts
You might want to try Feliway for calming kitty.

I think allivet has the best prices...not the comfort zone one=you want the original feliway. It is in  blue-purple box.

http://www.allivet.com

There is also a phermone collar you can get that sits on kitty's neck and is supposed to keep them calm. I have to find the link for that one.

Kathy

Arly56

Arly56
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Feliway has helped many kitties stop inappropriate spraying.  Maybe the vet can do a check for a bladder infection?

As for the collars, I used a regular very stretchy kitty one and put it on my one cat.  Then I shook the bottle of Feliway, and slowly squirted a bit into his collar.  

Maybe a room where Edward can recuperate and have his box and food plus Feliway would be an idea for a week or so.

Ty could be developing a hernia - that can happen with spays and other abdominal surgeries.  Can you take him in at the same time, if it is the same vet?

Hugs and kissies to your boys!

kathowerton

kathowerton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Update time! Edward had a HUUUGE absess on his shoulder >.< now it's stitched up but he's licked it so much it opened again... back to the vet tomorrow. we're putting a cover on the dog kennel so he wont spray anymore.. angry little kitty.
Tyberious had a hernia. it was caused by the type of material his belly was stitched with. thankfully, the vet fixed the problem and did not charge for it. :)
I'll post pictures of my little babies.. It was amazing to wake up with both of them snuggling with me.. God gives us little rewards for our efforts. thanks for all the advice and encouragement, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Ty and Ed opened their presents early! I don't know how they ONLY got to those ones and not the others... How cute.. :)

kathowerton

kathowerton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Edward got staples to keep his wound together, and is not very excited about it/ :P

here are a couple pictures of my babies :)Attached File  1014110838.jpg   300.49K   3 downloadsAttached File  1224111147.jpg   322.43K   3 downloads

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,888 posts
Christmas Kitties ! They are just adorable. I hope they will both be 100% soon.

Happy New Year !

Kathy

kathowerton

kathowerton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
For today, they've at least stayed out of trouble.. ;) who knows what they'll get into now! Happy New Year IMOMers :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users