Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Bella Cogdill

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts
Hurray, I'm so delighted to hear that Bella is now home with her mama!  :waycool:

This is such terrific news!

We are sending gentle hugs and good thoughts for a speedy recovery!  :heart:

Tammy-IMOM

tcogdill5

tcogdill5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Unfortunately, I don't know where the dogs live so I have been unable to do anything. We have seen them wandering around the neighborhood, so they must live close. I have been thinking that I need to call Animal Control and tell them about the attack so that way they at least know that these dogs are aggressive to other animals. But again, I don't know where they live so I don't really know how I would be able to do even that. I do need to do something though, just don't know what or how.

Bella is doing good today. Poor little thing does not want to eat with that collar around her head. So we are having to take it off so that she can eat. I will post a picture of her..as soon as I figure out how to do it! But as always, she is wagging her tail, wanting to be held and just sleep.

When I figure it out, I will post back with the picture.

kuhio98

kuhio98

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,659 posts
Good to hear that Bella continues to improve.  
So, Bella doesn't like the "cone of shame", huh?  :)  Poor girl, once her spay incision heals up, it can probably come off.  Unless she starts trying to hurt her eye.

Now that she's on the mend, I suggest you fill out a report about the roaming dogs.  You'd feel awful if you found out another dog was injured -- or even killed -- by these same dogs.  And, you might be angry if you found out that other puppers were hurt in the past, but no one filled out reports.  

Gentle hugs to you both.  

Lisa http://www.goodsearch.com/ for IMOM ~ Earn a penny for IMOM with every search!
Also check out the Shopping function from GoodSearch

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,888 posts
Hi

I would encourage you to make two reports:  one to the police- make them do a report with the date and time of the incident, a description of the dogs and the aftermath of the attack. Make them do a report and get a copy.

Then same thing with animal control. (I hope yours is better than mine) Make them take a report and get a copy.

IF you see the dogs on the loose, call the police. Keep calling them until the dogs are picked up

Find out if you have a local (city) animal control officer...our city has one. She is terrific and comes out ..I walk to work in a bad neighborhood and we have resuced many dogs from abusive situations and she has prosecuted the owners and got them jail time.

Also, there are soft collars that are easier on the dog/cat.  I think they are fabric. I am not talking about those plastic ones that you inflate..they look dangerous to me.

I am happy Bella is doing better

Kathy

tcogdill5

tcogdill5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Kathy, thank you for the tips on what to do. I guess a description of the dogs would work...I'm going to call them in the morning.

Bella is doing much better! She is eating better...but still hating the collar. The one that she has is the hard plastic one and I just feel so bad for her because she is obviously having a hard time with only one eye and she keeps bumping into everything with that collar. I guess that's why it's a good thing that she has it on, she might hurt herself if not. The healing seems to be going good and she is looking more lively by the day...which is awesome. She still wants to sleep most of the time, but when she is awake she is looking more and more like our sweet little Bella.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users