Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Lacey Glucksman Mammory Cancer

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,228 posts
Hold on, Bill.  I'll be back with an update.
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

NewLifeNKiss

NewLifeNKiss

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 140 posts
I adore you Jacki!
Bill Hennessey

My Angels are JB Dogg and Dan Hodes

Dan's MySpace Page

Bill's Facebook Page

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,228 posts
Bill - Lacey has received $160 in donations since 1:44 PM Eastern Time
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

DONATION UPDATE:  

Currently we have received $420     but $160 of that will be matched, so we should be at $580

That is WONDERFUL !!! Folks this puts us well over half way to our goal.  We only need $356 to get this baby into surgery.

I know we can do this. You Angels have been so amazing and generous today. We have been raising funds for 3 pets today.

Keep spreading the word to everyone you know, we are getting so close!

Thank you all so much for your support.

Tammy-IMOM

Bill I will be your contact for the evening. Send me an e-mail at gf@imom.org and I will most certainly give you at total.

NewLifeNKiss

NewLifeNKiss

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 140 posts
Well I don't think $160.00 is enough....

So I tripled it instead....

$500.00 more just went in!
Bill Hennessey

Dan's MySpace Page

Bill's Facebook Page

NewLifeNKiss

NewLifeNKiss

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 140 posts
Tammy - can you check again? I think we're there! :)
Bill Hennessey

Dan's MySpace Page

Bill's Facebook Page

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,892 posts

View PostNewLifeNKiss, on 08 December 2011 - 08:16 PM, said:

BRING IT Cat Paws!!!! I love it!!

Hey Bill- Did I tell you my $30 gets matched at a later date..... do you want to add that $30 to your $160?
:motimonkey:

Did I tell you how good it is to have you back?
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,986 posts
Bill...I don't even know what to say...BRAVO TO YOU!!!   :bravo:

NewLifeNKiss

NewLifeNKiss

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 140 posts

View PostCatPaws, on 08 December 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

Hey Bill- Did I tell you my $30 gets matched at a later date..... do you want to add that $30 to your $160?
:motimonkey:

Did I tell you how good it is to have you back?

I'm pretty sure it was added! LOL =)~

It's sure good to be back!
Bill Hennessey

Dan's MySpace Page

Bill's Facebook Page

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

You truly are an Angel :Angel15: Bill.

Lacey has reached ALL FUNDS RAISED!!!!!!  and here they come :banana: :banana:  :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

She will now get her life saving surgery.

There are simply no words, but thank you from the bottom of our hearts. You IMOM folks are the most amazing people ever. I am so humbled!

I know if Lacey could, she would kiss your face!

Thank you so very much,

Tammy-IMOM

Edited by Tammy IMOM, 08 December 2011 - 09:28 PM.

Sheldon

Sheldon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

View PostNewLifeNKiss, on 08 December 2011 - 09:03 PM, said:

Thanks Judy! I'm on it! =)

Thank you Bill for your great idea and generosity and all of you who supported this effort. Shel

NewLifeNKiss

NewLifeNKiss

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 140 posts
I'm so happy that Lacey's going to get the care that is needed. =)
Bill Hennessey

Dan's MySpace Page

Bill's Facebook Page

Sheldon

Sheldon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
IMOM Family,

I'm at a loss for words and just blown away by the generosity of everyone. Thank you so very very much for helping us reach our goal for Lacey. Will send you an updated picture soon. Very Grateful...SheldonWill send you an updated picture soon. Very Grateful...Sheldon

Sheldon

Sheldon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
I'm gonna make it because of all your help...for LaceyAttached File  Lacey.jpg   647.51K   1 downloads

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,986 posts
How soon can Lacey get her surgery?  What an amazing day at iMOM!!!  I am so happy for you and your girl!!  Please let us know so we can start thinking POSITIVE THOUGHTS for her recovery.  Judy

Sheldon

Sheldon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Good Morning Everyone,

Last night was incredible and we are all so grateful for the funds that have been raised. I spoke with the Vets office this morning and I will be bringing Lacey in on Sunday morning to have her stitches removed and for the Vet to check her prior to his scheduling the next surgery. But without having raised the funds we would not be moving forward this quickly. With much appreciation...Sheldon

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors (A)
  • 448 posts
I just don't know what to say to you AMAZING ANGELS OUT THERE!!!!  Bill - boy do we sure love having you back!!!  And everyone who made Bill SWEAT IT OUT by making a donation THANKS!!!!!!  

Sheldon - I'm so happy for you guys.  You've met an amazing group of people here at IMOM.  Sorry I wasn't able to get on earlier to post (or last night) between my paying job/IMOM volunteer/kids and fur kids it can be a challenge that's for sure!  

SENDING Lacey LONG BELLY RUBS!
Sarah/IMOM Board of Directors

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• 448 posts

View PostSheldon, on 08 December 2011 - 11:59 PM, said:

I'm gonna make it because of all your help...for LaceyAttachment Lacey.jpg

:'-)  Sniff :'-)  Hugs baby girl!

Sheldon

Sheldon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
If I start naming all of you that have either contributed financially or with your encouraging postings, I'm afraid that I'll leave someone out and I don't want to offend any of you. But you know who you are and we're very grateful for your show of support. Originally Lacey was scheduled to have her stitches removed on Monday, but after speaking to the Vets office this morning we were able to get her appointment bumped up to Sunday. I realize it's only one day, but we'll be able to let you all know just a little sooner when she will have her next surgery. Lacey seems to have had a really good day today being her usual spunky self...Sheldon

Sheldon

Sheldon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Last night we had a very severe thunderstorm. The clash of the thunder and lightning woke me up and only a few seconds later I heard Lacey barking too. She is usually ok when it just rains, but with the thunder and lightning she lets it be known that she wanted company. So I spent some time just petting her, scratching her behind the ears and rubbing her belly until the storm moved far enough away for all of us to get more rest. The remainder of the night she slept very comfortably with my daughter. She enjoyed a morning snack and has had a pretty normal day. Very soon it will be meal time which she thoroughly enjoys. Tomorrow she'll be visiting with the Vet to get her stitches removed from her emergency surgery (nearly 2 weeks ago), get scheduled for the next surgery (removal of mammary nodules) and then I hope we'll be able to give her a bath. Will keep you posted...Sheldon

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

Sending good thoughts for Lacey's appointment that's she gets the "all clear" for her next surgery!

:hugs:

We are all thinking about you Lacey.

Tammy-IMOM

Sheldon

Sheldon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Good Morning IMOM Family,

Just got back from the Vets office with Lacey. He was very pleased with Lacey's progress and removed her stitches. She was very happy about that. We got the go ahead for her next surgery and scheduled it for tomorrow. Now for the more disturbing news. She has multiple nodules around her mammary glands on both sides that will need to be removed, but the doctor can only perform one side at a time. He explained what he needs to do and that there just isn't enough puppy there to perform a bilateral mastectomy. He showed me just how extensive the surgery will be extending from very high up on the right side of her chest wall to below her abdomen. She will be in a body bandage for at least 2 weeks. He also said that it will be about 3 months from now before he is able to remove the other string of mammary glands on her left side. The good news is that because she was spayed recently, as the hormone levels go down  the swelling around the remaining nodules should also decrease. We were hoping to spare her from an additional surgery but he did not recommend that approach. Because of the size and number of some of the nodules he did not feel that a lumpectomy would lead to a good long term prognosis. So please keep Lacey in your thoughts as she undergoes her next surgery tomorrow...Sheldon

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,892 posts
Sheldon,

We're going to concentrate our energy on the good news - that the fight to save Lacey's life takes another giant step forward tomorrow!
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Sheldon

Sheldon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
I just spoke with the Vets office and Lacey is out of surgery in recovery. I was told that the surgery lasted a little longer than they had expected. The entire mammary chain on her right side was removed. She has both staples and a pressure bandage to help her in the healing process. When we pick her up later this afternoon and then get her settled in at home I hope to have more details to post. Thanks for your good thoughts and keep them coming as she is now going to need some time to fully heal...Sheldon

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• 448 posts
Sheldon - I'm so glad surgery went well today.   I'll be sending you an email shortly about the change in surgery and what that means.   I'm bummed that she has to go through yet another surgery - but 2 are now at least behind her!

Sheldon

Sheldon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Hello Sarah and everyone at IMOM,

"Lacey is a real trooper", so said the surgical nurse. She told me just how extensive the surgery was, "from stem to stern" she said. But the body bandage is there to both help her heal and give her additional support. The Vet was pleased and said the biopsy results should be back by early next week. She was well hydrated and given alot of pain medication. Right now she appears comfortable and is snoring away. I have instructions to begin giving her a little food as well as antibiotics and additional pain meds starting tomorrow. Using little pill pockets that she eats really helps when giving her the meds. Lacey may need a little assistance for a day or two carrying her outside to do her bodily functions. I guess we're going to find out if she is a little vain or wouldn't mind my carrying her and standing close by. We're scheduled to return to have the body bandage removed in ten days and then again at two week post surgery to have the staples removed. Of course if the bandage gets too soiled we'll bring her back so that it can be replaced. But we're hoping that for the next couple of days she just rests, regains her strength and gets that gleam back into her eyes. We were advised that it'll probable be three months before the next surgery to remove the left mammary chain could be performed. I'll certainly keep you advised when we get closed to that time. Please keep Lacey in your thoughts that she be as comfortable as possible and have a full and swift recovery. Thanks...Sheldon

Sheldon

Sheldon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Good morning to you all,

Lacey had a restless nights sleep. She woke up from time to time but would then doze back off for a couple of hours. She surprised me this morning by standing and walking a little. She seemed to enjoy being brought outside for a little while and was able to relieve herself. She's eaten a little and is also drinking some water. So we are making progress on her road back to health. Thanks for thinking about her and keeping your thoughts about her progress positive. Sheldon

Sheldon

Sheldon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Just want to give you a quick update. Lacey had a pretty quiet day, resting, eating a softer meal from time to time and she is drinking water via a syringe that I place on her tongue and she then laps it in. The whole time those big brown eyes are looking up at me...melt down time. Using the pill pockets is a wonderful way to help get the medications into her. She also liked being outside for a little while today and enjoyed the breeze and neighborhood noises that she has become accustomed to. Glad to say that she has been able to urinate and I hope that tomorrow she'll have more in her system so she can poop. The surgical nurse was very right, she is a little trooper...Sheldon

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,498 posts
I am so happy to hear that Lacey is doing well.  That sounds like a big surgery for such a little girl.  I hope she continues to do well, and that the second (third!) surgery goes as well as the first, and she can get back to living the good life.

Judy G.

Sheldon

Sheldon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Thank you Judy G. for your good thoughts and words of encouragement for Lacey. I am looking forward to getting the pathology report early next week. I think that may help us with future direction. Lacey is eating better with assistance but she is only drinking water by my giving it to her via a syringe. So when she is not snoozing, I'm getting water and into her. I'm hoping that she'll soon start drinking and eating on her on. But she is getting up and walking on her own for short distances. We're seeing progress everyday. Thanks for your concern...Sheldon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users