Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Lacey Glucksman Mammory Cancer

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors (A)
  • 448 posts
All funds have been donated.

Diagnosis:
Mammory Cancer
Low end of estimate: $1054.86
Less applicant contribution: -$154.86
Needed for low end of estimate: $900.00
4% of $900 for IMOM operating expenses: $36.00
Fundraising goal: $936.00
Spayed or neutered: Yes
Caseworker: Sarah

Lacey had hydrometra, prolapsed uterus which required an emergency surgery.  While in surgery the vet noticed that Lacey has cancer that will quickly spread if not removed.  

From Lacey's owner:

Lacey is a lovable wire haired terrier-yorkie mix with the biggest brown eyes that make you melt. She is friendly to all and part of our family now for over 3 years. She recently had a prolapsed uterus and hydrometra which required  emergency surgery and now needs a mastectomy for mammory nodules.
Attached File  Elanaspixs289.jpg   1.85MB   3 downloads

Donations of any size can be made  
HERE  please mark your gift " Lacey Glucksman"  or if you would like to donate using our paypal address it is: paypal@imom.org

Edited by Jacki IMOM, 08 December 2011 - 09:30 PM.

Sarah/IMOM Board of Directors

Sheldon

Sheldon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Thank you IMOM for reviewing Lacey's case and providing us the support we need to get her next surgery. Even though she just recently had emergency surgery for a prolapsed uterus and hydrometra, she is recovering quite nicely, eating well and getting more active daily. She will probably like it even more when her protective cone is removed which currently prevents her from licking or scratching her surgical wounds. With a gentle scratch on her belly and some TLC she seems to tolerate things well. You can see in her eyes that she knows she is loved and well cared for...Sheldon

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,509 posts
Starting Lacey off with a $50 donation for her surgery.  She really is an adorable little girl.  :)

Judy G.

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• 448 posts

View PostJudy G, on 07 December 2011 - 09:17 PM, said:

Starting Lacey off with a $50 donation for her surgery.  She really is an adorable little girl.  :)

Judy G.

Judy you are so awesome!!!  Thanks so much for all your support!!  I really, really hate the big C.   Lost 2 babies to babies to cancer and when we have a chance to find it early and save one of our furbabies - it's just sooo good.  Thank you Angel!

Michele W

Michele W

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 255 posts
Hi, Sheldon, how did Lacey's prolapsed uterus occur? Was she delivering puppies?

All best,
Michele

Sheldon

Sheldon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Good Morning IMOM Family,

Thank you Judy G. for getting us started with Lacey's needed surgery. It's encouraging to know that there are others who have been impacted by the big "C" and whenever possible are fighting back to save the life of our lovable pets and give them the opportunity to live a long and healthy life. A funny thing happened this morning with Lacey. She usually gets up when my daughters alarm goes off. If she isn't already in bed with her then she makes it known that she wants in. Well this morning she made it known that she wanted to get into bed to wake my daughter up. So as Lacey came running to round a corner her posterior got ahead of her. Can you visualized 12 pounds of excitement scrambling to straighten herself out? It just looked so funny that it brought a smile to my face and a good chuckle...Sheldon

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

DONATION UPDATE:   Lacey has received $210 :waycool:

Thank you so much to all the Angels who have contributed to help Lacey get her surgery.

You guys/gals are really the best around! Sending big ~smoochies~ out to each and every one of you

Please remember to spread the word far and wide to all your friends and post Lacey's story on all your social networking sites, and e-mail all your friends, tell them to e-mail all their friends.

Let everyone know that Lacey needs our help to get surgery asap!

Tammy-IMOM

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,230 posts
Fund update:

Lacey now has $260 in donations. Big thanks to all who have donated.

Lacey still needs $676.  Lacey has cancer but if we can get her in for surgery they might be able to get it all. Can't we at least give her a chance? Posted Image

To make a donation to Lacey click here. Be sure to tell us your donation is for Lacey Gluckman.
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

NewLifeNKiss

NewLifeNKiss

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 140 posts
Ya know, I saw on another forum where someone put a challenge out there. I REALLY liked that idea....so here's my challenge....

I'm writing this post at 1:44PM on Thursday, December 8th, 2011

Here's the challenge....

Whomever donates between now and 9PM tonight - I will DOUBLE the donation!

C'mon Angels - who's going to rise to the occasion?
Bill Hennessey

My Angels are JB Dogg and Dan Hodes

Dan's MySpace Page

Bill's Facebook Page

kuhio98

kuhio98

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,660 posts
WOW!  That's amazing!

Come on everyone!  Let's see if we can get to all funds raised today!

You are really wracking up the Karma Credits.  :)

View PostNewLifeNKiss, on 08 December 2011 - 01:45 PM, said:

Ya know, I saw on another forum where someone put a challenge out there. I REALLY liked that idea....so here's my challenge....

Here's the challenge....

Edited by kuhio98, 08 December 2011 - 01:55 PM.

Lisa http://www.goodsearch.com/ for IMOM ~ Earn a penny for IMOM with every search!
Also check out the Shopping function from GoodSearch

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,996 posts
WOW...that is an INTERESTING matching challenge...

Let's see what we can do for Lacey...

Thank you Bill...and I too am so happy to see you on the forum...I know a couple of very special friends of IMOM that are so proud of you and what you are doing...Judy

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• 448 posts

View PostNewLifeNKiss, on 08 December 2011 - 01:45 PM, said:

Here's the challenge....

Wow what an amazing offer!! You truly are an Angel yourself!! No one wants to hear the "C" word - and definitely not before Christmas.  My Natasha is a cancer surviver - she had cancer on her leg - too close to the bone for surgery to come back with clean margins. Then to top it off -  because of her vascular ring anomoly - the fasting between radiation treatments wasn't enough - we almost lost her during a radiation treatment because she started to throw up food from the night before that didn't go down. :-(((  We were able to get all the cancer though - our last chance was to remove her leg.  She's my tripod Cancer SURVIVOR and I can't wait to add Lacey to the club!   I'll make a donation now - I wish it could be bigger but I'm working off paying down a big vet bill myself.

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,921 posts

View PostJudy, on 08 December 2011 - 02:06 PM, said:

Thank you Bill...and I too am so happy to see you on the forum...I know a couple of very special friends of IMOM that are so proud of you and what you are doing...Judy
And a few long-time vols as well.   :aktion033:

So many people whom we help tell us "we'll come back and donate".  And so very few even write us again, much less try and help someone else.  It's ok, we don't expect it.  But then someone like Bill comes along and does just that, and we're absolutely thrilled.  WOOHOO!

HANG ON LACEY!  Help is definitely on the way!!

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Sheldon

Sheldon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Thank you Bill for your extremely generous challenge donation for Lacey. I was at a job fair most of the day and just got home to check my e-mail messages. Your offer has showered us with much hope. It's the tops. But all of the replies that we're receiving from so many of you are very encouraging. Please keep them coming. With much gratitude and a spirit of humility...thank you. Sheldon

Sheldon

Sheldon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
Hello Michele,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you and I wanted to respond to your question regarding Lacey's prolapsed uterus. We inherited Lacey from an elderly neighbor who had her for 6 years but could no longer care for her. She was pretty much a lap dog then and was never mated. We've loved and cared for her now for over 3 years but she has never had a litter. She does however, enjoy running around outside in the fenced in backyard occationally barking at a squirl teasing her or watching in wonder as a large heron or other birds sometimes feed in the yard. So I spoke to the Vet today and asked what could have caused the uterus to prolapse. Partly her age but he felt that the increase in hormones during heat cycles may have contributed to decreasing muscle tissue tone. But since her surgery, the vulva is staying in place. The Vet is please with her progress and appetite. Hope I didn't get too technical but we're learning alot more about care for a mature dog. We would love to hear from others about special care they too might give to their older and just as lovable pets. Thanks...Sheldon

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• 448 posts
Sheldon,
I hope you had success at the job fair.  You'll find a ton of great advice from our IMOM supporters I'm sure!

Come on Angels - time is ticking on this incredible matching challenge - no donation is too small (or big)!   So please angels let's show Lacey a little bit of magic tonight!!!  :magicmoon:

NewLifeNKiss

NewLifeNKiss

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 140 posts
Hey guys! Can we get an updated total?  :spot
Bill Hennessey

Dan's MySpace Page

Bill's Facebook Page

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

DONATION UPDATE:

We are at $330, but $70 of that is being matched generously by Bill, so the total so far would be $400!!!

Thank you so much to all who have donated so far. We are now $536 away from our goal.

I have no doubt we can reach our goal. Please keep spreading the word about Lacey.  Let's dig in those couch cushions, raid those piggy banks and skip that fancy coffee.

Let's give Lacey the gift of extended life this holiday season.

Tammy-IMOM

NewLifeNKiss

NewLifeNKiss

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 140 posts
Angels, c'mon now - I want to finish this off tonight at 9PM - who's going to help me out here? What's a Floridian gotta do to get your money? LOL Let's get it together and give Lacey an early Christmas / Channukah / Kwanzaa gift TONIGHT!

View PostTammy IMOM, on 08 December 2011 - 07:51 PM, said:

DONATION UPDATE:

We are at $330, but $70 of that is being matched generously by Bill, so the total so far would be $400!!!

Thank you so much to all who have donated so far. We are now $536 away from our goal.

I have no doubt we can reach our goal. Please keep spreading the word about Lacey.  Let's dig in those couch cushions, raid those piggy banks and skip that fancy coffee.

Let's give Lacey the gift of extended life this holiday season.

Tammy-IMOM

Bill Hennessey

Dan's MySpace Page

Bill's Facebook Page

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,996 posts
OK Bill, I'll take some of your money...as soon as I type this I am going to go and donate $50.00 towards Lacey's surgery...

By the way, I live in Northeast Ohio and it's COLD tonight...we are expecting Lake Effect Snow with a low of 28 degrees...

I hope that Lacey is all warm and snuggly inside with her family tonight...Judy

NewLifeNKiss

NewLifeNKiss

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 140 posts
Go ahead Judy - make me sweat a little tonight at 9PM! I dare ya! LOL
Bill Hennessey

Dan's MySpace Page

Bill's Facebook Page

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,894 posts
OK, Bill.  I'm coming in under the wire, but there's no way I won't join in this battle against the dreaded "C" word.  Taking money from a Floridian sure feels good.  I wish I could take more, but I'm in for $30.    

Come on angels, let show Lacey how we win this race!
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

NewLifeNKiss

NewLifeNKiss

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 140 posts
BRING IT Cat Paws!!!! I love it!!
Bill Hennessey

Dan's MySpace Page

Bill's Facebook Page

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,996 posts
Hey Bill...hoping you have to dig deep into your pockets to DOUBLE the money donated today...

Lacey is a sweetie and deserves a chance at being well again...THANK YOU SO MUCH for what you've done in such a short time of being back on IMOM...

I remember so well Dan and JB Dogg...they were SO special...and so are you...

NewLifeNKiss

NewLifeNKiss

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 140 posts
Thanks so much Judy, I sure hope I have to dig deep too! But I guess that's up to the Angels tonight to decide.... It's already 852PM - I sure hope it's a biggy!

View PostJudy, on 08 December 2011 - 08:50 PM, said:

Hey Bill...hoping you have to dig deep into your pockets to DOUBLE the money donated today...

Lacey is a sweetie and deserves a chance at being well again...THANK YOU SO MUCH for what you've done in such a short time of being back on IMOM...

I remember so well Dan and JB Dogg...they were SO special...and so are you...

Bill Hennessey

Dan's MySpace Page

Bill's Facebook Page

Sheldon

Sheldon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
To all of you who have responded to Bill's donation challenge, Thank You. Every donation, large or small is going to a great need and is very much appreciated. If you are moved to donate even after this challenge, it's not too late. Again, thanks...Sheldon

NewLifeNKiss

NewLifeNKiss

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 140 posts
Anyone know how we can get Sarah to post an update at 9PM? I need to know how much to send in....
Bill Hennessey

Dan's MySpace Page

Bill's Facebook Page

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,996 posts
I don't know if Sarah is going to see your post...perhaps an email to IMOM will let you know what you need...

you can try

gf@imom.org

and tell them you're ready to send in your matching challenge and you need the amount to match...

Have a good day at work tomorrow...we'll miss your posts...Judy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,996 posts
forgot to mention, tell them you're not going to be able to post tomorrow as you are working so you wanted to make sure to get your money in for Lacey tonight so they wouldn't have to wait...Judy

NewLifeNKiss

NewLifeNKiss

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 140 posts
Thanks Judy! I'm on it! =)
Bill Hennessey

Dan's MySpace Page

Bill's Facebook Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users