Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Honey Goldfarb-Saved from the streets

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,888 posts
Trust me, they know everything that is going on..

When my Pretty Jade disappeared for seven days and then finally got home to get help..she was screaming her head off (she is a six lb LBK) and as soon as I talked to her and told her I was coming to get her (she was behind a fence) she stopped and waited for me. Then, I had to pick her up from the first hospital (after 30 years and tons of money they didn't have time for us) and drive her two hours to a fantastic hosptial for help----she had been hit by a car, her one hip was out of its socket and the other leg was shattered). As soon as I picked her up and put her in the car for the two hour drive she started screaming. I got in the back with her and told her that she was going to a wonderful place where they would help her and make her better. I promised her I would get her help no matter what it took. As soon as I said that, she got quiet for the ride up to the wonderful, caring hospital where they took care of her.

I wanted to share this with you as my Pretty Jade had a severed nerve and the vet said they could not control the pain. I was willing to spend the thousands it would take to put her leg back together, but it was not to be. She had to become an inside kitty and was adopted by one of the surgical nurses and her family.

I can tell you that you are doing the right thing for Honey. SHe will be a lot happier after the surgery. The good news is that this an older injury so the surgery is not so traumatic as if it was recent.

Christmas is a great time for IMOM miracles

Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,888 posts
Hi Bill,

You just know that The Angels JB and Dan had a paw and a hand in bringng you to IMOM right now.

I hope that you are doing well. I think of you all the time...we missed you !

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,888 posts
Bill

I forgot to say:  

WELCOME HOME FRIEND !

Beauty's Kathy

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors (A)
  • 448 posts

View PostNewLifeNKiss, on 05 December 2011 - 08:26 PM, said:

So....it has been quite a while since I've logged on. I woke up this morning and thoughts of Dan Hodes & JB Dogg FLOODED my mind. I knew that I had to come to IMOM and see how our extended family of Angels are doing.

We're in for the balance of the money needed for Honey's surgery. :-)

Happy Holidays to Honey and her Family....

Bill!!  So wonderful to see you again! WOW - I'm just so happy you listened to Dan and JB and came back home to IMOM! What an incredibly wonderful donation in their memory and spirit.  It's good to know that Dan and JB are still with you, watching you closely on the other side.  {{{{{{BIGHUGS}}}}}}
Sarah/IMOM Board of Directors

Sarah C.

Sarah C.

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors (A)
  • 448 posts
Yulia - I hope all goes well with Honey's surgery.  My dearest Natasha had her left front leg amputated a few years ago.  I was so scared on how she would handle the sudden change.  I was always told that dogs adjust just fine - but these are words and I just didn't know.  Now I know - they do just fine.  Tashie woke up from her surgery, stood up (with some help) and then realized she was missing a leg and adjusted her balance and with a towel to support her (so she didn't fall on her stitches) she hopped right out to go to the bathroom.  She gets extra attention from all who come to pet her and she loves it up.  She can out run her brother Boris still, she can jump on the bed and into the car - there is nothing she can't do.  And when she sometimes (rarely) falls - she doesn't sit there and cry because she's missing her leg.  She stands up and continues her fun play time.   And when other dogs come to sniff her - she'll sometimes take them down with her one leg and tell them - "you think this looks bad - you should see how I left the other guy".  (Not that there was another guy - it was cancer - but she likes to say it just to be tough).   http://www.cafepress...m/5754935    << here's Tashie soon after her surgery (fur hadn't grown back yet).
Sarah/IMOM Board of Directors

NewLifeNKiss

NewLifeNKiss

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 140 posts
Thanks for all the welome backs - it sure feels great to be back.

As far as the fears of having a 3 Legged Dog - well, I just have one thing to say...

ANYONE can have a 4 legged dog - but only those whom are EXTRA special can have a 3 legged dog. Just sayin.....

Just from the pictures, I can tell right away that Honey will be doing High-Fives in no time - allbeit standing on her hind legs, but even still! :-)
Bill Hennessey

My Angels are JB Dogg and Dan Hodes

Dan's MySpace Page

Bill's Facebook Page

honey lucky girl

honey lucky girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Honey Bunch Waggy Tail is the full name of our lucky girl (yep, my human daughter's creation).  Here is a waggy-tailed poem in Honey's honor:

Waggy tail tick-tock: I rock!
Spirits in the lows: hangs between my toes.
Tucked my body under: sleepy slumber.

Good night, Everyone!

honey lucky girl

honey lucky girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Among Honey's many outstanding and endearing qualities, one that needs some improvement is her attitude towards other canines. She is an absolute pleasure around humans, but younger dogs or submissive ones have her disciplinarian instincts firing at full speed!  Of course, this is a familar territory for rescues. In order to help her  enjoy contact with her own kind, we have employed our dog walker/trainer to do parallel walking.  She is a big proponent of proper socialization and uses her own dogs to help others. Honey has been doing well so far with these exercises.  Her most recent achievement is to have been "promoted" to the same side of the street.  After just one skirmish, she is getting used to being the 'caboose' of the line. Hopefully, with time and after the much needed surgery, she will get high enough grades to be the 'line leader''!

Posted Image

Edited by honey lucky girl, 08 December 2011 - 04:13 PM.

honey lucky girl

honey lucky girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Honey Bunch Waggy Tail is the full name of our lucky girl (you might have guessed it - my 4 year old's imagination was at work again!).

Here is a waggy-tailed poem in Honey's honor:

Waggy tail's Tick-tock: I rock!
Spirits in the lows: it hangs between my toes...
Tucked my body under: sleepy slumber.

honey lucky girl

honey lucky girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Among Honey's many outstanding and endearing qualities, one that needs some improvement is her attitude towards other canines.  She is an absolute pleasure around humans, but younger dogs and submissive ones have her disciplinarian instincts firing at full speed!
Of course, this is a familiar territory for rescues.  In order to help her enjoy contact with her own kind, we have employed our dog walker/trainer.  She is a big proponent of parallel walking.  In order to help Honey with socialization, she started using her own dogs to help her.
Honey has been doing well with these exercises.  Her most recent achievement  is to have been "promoted" to the same side of the street.  After just one skirmish, she is now getting used to being the "caboose" of the walking line.  Hopefully, with time and after much-needed surgery, she will get high enough grades to be the "line leader"!

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

I have another adorable picture to add of Honey. This little girl is going to be so vain. LOL

Better look out Yulia, she's going to start walking around telling other people that's she's cute. :wub:

Tammy-IMOM

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,888 posts
She is adorable. I am so happy she is getting the help she needs

Kathy

honey lucky girl

honey lucky girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Oh, thank you for posting the photo and the kind words, Tammy!  I can't believe that Honey's big day is - tomorrow!!!  We have been waiting for this since I found her two months ago already.  She is supposed to follow her "nothing by mouth" instructions tonight and tomorrow morning.  We will be walking carefully on her walk tomorrow morning, since Honey is very attracted to rain puddles...  She must have survived drinking from them, and I swear she prefers the rain water to what's in her clean bowl.  There is no way I can explain to her that the yucky chlorinated stuff (this must be an insult to their sensitive noses!) is much better for her than the potentially parasite-filled rain water.  Children... they never listen!

honey lucky girl

honey lucky girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Oh, by the way, I finally figured out what happened to my previous posts... they were on page 2.  After having learned to turn the page, I beg you to please accept my apologies for the double posting - won't do that again!  Yulia and Honey

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Yulia...don't you worry...the forum is somewhat confusing in the beginning...it gets better with practice...

Sending you tons of positive thoughts and prayers for Honey's big day tomorrow...but, she seems to be quite spirited so I know that all is going to go well...

THANK YOU for rescuing this wonderful girl...you make a lovely family...your little girl has a wonderful friend to grow up with and Honey has a family that CARES...isn't that GRAND!!  Judy

NewLifeNKiss

NewLifeNKiss

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 140 posts
What time is surgery tomorrow? (And what time zone?)
Bill Hennessey

My Angels are JB Dogg and Dan Hodes

Dan's MySpace Page

Bill's Facebook Page

honey lucky girl

honey lucky girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thanks for asking, Bill!  The drop-off is at 8:15am, and depending on how she does, the pick-up is in the afternoon/early evening - or tomorrow.  The surgery is supposed to last for a little over an hour.  The vet said that because it is a long time for a doggie to be under, they will do amputation first, then spay and one horrible tooth extraction - and will leave the dental cleaning for last.  In case any signs of trouble develop, they wil hold of on the dental part and reschedule it for another day.  
We are in the suburbs of Washington, DC, eastern standard time.  Have you heard the saying "If you want to have a friend in Washington, get a dog?" - I swear, it is true!!!  My husband, who is from NY and had to move here because of us-  definitely thinks so.  
Please keep Honey in your thoughts - and once again, Thanks to Everyone!!!

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

Sending out big hugs, love and good thoughts for Honey for surgery tomorrow.  
:hugs:

We will all be anxiously awaiting to hear once she is awake.

Hang in there baby, all of us at IMOM are pulling for you!  :heart:

Tammy-IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Sending positive thoughts and prayers for a TOTALLY successful surgery tomorrow...

Honey has so much to look forward to...I can't wait to hear that she is in recovery and then back home where she belongs...Judy

honey lucky girl

honey lucky girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thanks, Everyone!  Here we goooo!!!  We'll send you and update soon as she is awake.

honey lucky girl

honey lucky girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Well, I just checked: Honey Bunch is undergoing her surgery right now!  They are suturing her belly on one side and her three bad teeth are being pulled on the other side at the same time!!!  Oh, I am so nervous, I can hardly sit: the house is super-clean, because that's how I deal with stress...
We'll send an update on how she is doing post-surgery.  Hugs to all!

honey lucky girl

honey lucky girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Honey is doing great - waking up from the surgery without any problems so far.  We'll be picking her up in about an hour.
Thanks again, everyone! Yulia

mikken

mikken

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 286 posts
Hooray for Honey!  She's going to feel so much better!

honey lucky girl

honey lucky girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
We had to carry our poor girley home...  She can't walk yet.  Honey was so doped up yesterday, yet she rolled over for a belly rub as soon as we sat down together, and that's how we stayed: her on my lap, being ressured that we all still loved her, my husband getting me things.  Thank good ness our daughter was already asleep so that her older sibling was getting all the attention.  

kuhio98

kuhio98

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
Aww ~ Sweet Honey wanting belly rubs.  
I'm so glad she's home.  She'll recover much faster with her family.  
Hope to hear she's hopping around soon.  Please give her a belly rub from me.  

Lisa http://www.goodsearch.com/ for IMOM ~ Earn a penny for IMOM with every search!
Also check out the Shopping function from GoodSearch

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts
Honey's Home !!!!  Oh Yulia I am so very happy to read this.  Doing a happy dance :happydance:

Awww she wants belly rubs, after all when a little girl's hurting, all she wants is her mommy.

We are so relieved that surgery went well.

Sending her lots of love, healing thoughts and belly rubs too.

Tammy-IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,988 posts
Hoping that our sweet Honey is more herself today...I know that each day she is going to start feeling better and better...she has you for a Momma and a wonderful little sister that is going to make sure she is doing well.  Judy

honey lucky girl

honey lucky girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Honey is in much better spirits today'!!! Eating already, walking around, being the love bug that we adore so much. Big hugs to all IMOMers!

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,888 posts
Yeah Honey !  I know she will be 100% soon

Kathy

honey lucky girl

honey lucky girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
She is 100 percent back to normal, our little tough girl! Decided to jump up into my lap on the couch last night instead of waiting for me to pick her up...  The trple-decker surgery went easier than the heartworm treatment. Thanks to all the angels!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users