Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

My little Monkey

• Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
Hello Everyone,
I have a few pics I took today.
They are not the best, but you can see how great he looks even though they arent soo clear.
He has another week of meds left, but is doing great, and had a ball playing out in the snow this morning.
Its very hard for me to get good photo's.
When he is playing I have to sneak up on him ( as I did in his last video), or he spots me watching him and runs over so happy and the photo's are a blur.
I was able to get 2 photo's of him on the couch a little while ago.
The issue with these is that he will immediatly roll onto his side for belly rubs when I take the camera out...LOL
He just loves his belly rubs : )
I believe today is the Anniversary of Magic's passing to the bridge.
:animcnda_lg:

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
Attached File  Foru After 2 24 12.JPG   1.21MB   23 downloadsAttached File  Foru taken feb 24 2012.JPG   1.23MB   17 downloads

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,952 posts
Oh my GOSH!!!

He's HUGE and BEAUTIFUL...

When he grows up he's going to be magnificient...

There is nothing more magnificient than a beautiful GSD...and not only is our boy handsome, he is EXTRA SPECIAL.....

THANKS for the photos...I think one of him on his back waiting for a belly rub would be GREAT...Judy

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
Well yesterday I fell in love with the monkey, AGAIN! : )
He is just too cute, he had a ball out playing in the snow for most of the day.
I could not keep him in the house for more than 1/2 hr at a time, he would look out the window and run to the door and cry.
He LOVES SNOW!
He ran, he jumped, and he played.
He looked more like a rabbit running through the yard.
We got like 8 inches here, but had some snow drifts that were a bit higher.
And each time he stepped out the door he would stare up into the sky, with such an inquisitive look on his face I could not help but laugh out loud.
He was just amazed that the snow was falling from the sky and couldnt imagine where it was coming from.
Last night when he finally came in for the night he was soo exhausted and slept half on half off his bed right through to this morning.
Attached File  Foru 6 months sleeping.jpg   73.41K   14 downloads
Attached File  Foru Sleeping 6 Months.jpg   13.25K   11 downloads

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,952 posts
What a wonderful update and GREAT photos...

He's just a typical and normal pup...and I am thrilled that he got to play in the snow...and the longer the better...he's having FUN...and what's better than that after all he and you have gone thru...he's totally enjoying himself being a puppy and you get to watch that...

Is he off his antibiotics yet?  I am hoping that that happens soon and then he has one more check to make sure that all is well and THEN perhaps we can all breathe a sign of relief that are boy is going to just be a normal, happy, HEALTHY pup with a Momma that loves him TOTALLY.....

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,216 posts
I love that he is doing all of the things a puppy should be doing. He is absolutely gorgeous!
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,952 posts
It's been a few days since we've had an reports on our most special boy...

How is he doing?  I know he's growing like a little weed...pretty soon he's going to be a big boy...I can't wait to see how beautiful he's going to be when he's all grown up...

Right now though I'm content to see him as a pup...he's such a special little thing...

THANK YOU for all you've done for him...and for staying around the forum....we've all grown so attached to him and you...Judy

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
The monkey is doing fantastic! I havent been around for a few days, as I needed to be out of town for a business trip and returned home late Friday.

He really is growing like a weed, and we celebrated his 6 month Birthday this week.

I logged in this afternoon , and spent the last hr reading Zoe's thread.
We are working on a donation to help this very special girl, and I hope to be able to post a donation this evening, or first thing tomorrow the latest.

Things are still so tight for us financially, but we will give whatever we can.

I am trying to scrape up $100 so we can do a matching challenge In memory of Magic..

What a very special LBK, one that I think of each and every day.

I look at my Monkey, and I fall in love all over again with his innocence and sweet nature.
Each time, I thank God, Imom, all of his auties and that very special LBK for creating the miracle that allowed him to be with me today.

I could not imagine my life without him.

Now, I need to get to work on helping Zoe and see what we can come up with in th next few hrs to help this very special little girl.

Our love to you all, I will get some new pictures of the monkey posted tomorrow!

Wait until you see him!!!! A video would be better, and I still cant watch him play without laughing until I get teared up.

Unfortunately , this is a major distraction to the monkey and limits the length of the videos I am able to capture : ) .

Thank God for these problems, that is all I can say.......With All Our Love,

Dawn , and the monkey

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,952 posts
Dawn, you made the last donation to Zoe...how perfect was that...or shall I say that Foru gave up his bully sticks to get Zoe to AFR.....

I can't wait to see the photos of our boy at six months old...he'll still be a pup...but I can't imagine how handsome he is now...

Thank you for staying around IMOM....you know that yours was a miracle case...and I can't believe I was part of it...I can still remember that night...I was there when you were posting from the vet clinic...and now look...our boy is growing up!!!  And we are still able to share in that...THANK YOU....

TigresMeow

TigresMeow

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 666 posts
I am so HAPPY that our boy is doing so good.  And what a wonderful thing you did for Zoe.  Foru is our miracle puppy.  I can't wait to see a pic or short video of him.  His last picture was beautiful.
Kat n her K9 Crew
-Katie, Corree, Stormy, Dakota Rose, Maggie, Belle, Kiwi, Lola and Coco Puff
-and 3 special Sheltie Angels...Sable, Megan and Lacey Jane
-and 2 special Chihuahua Angels.....Callie (Chunky Monkey) and little Peanut and 1 special Pittie angel....Dixie Doo

Posted Image

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
Our little ( BIG ) monkey hasn't been himself for the past few days. I am not worrried about his kidneys, or kidney function because he is drinking fresh water on a daily basis, and his urine stream has been great.

But he vomitted several times over the last few days, and  the first and second time I felt he over did it with playing, or ate too much.

But yesterday he would not eat, and I actually offered him the cats food which he loves, and he ate it.

BUT, he vomitted again within 30 mins after eating..

Each time its been undigested food which seriously concerns me.

I dont think its a big deal if a dog doesnt eat for a day, or if he vomits.

But for me its a BIG deal, because its my monkey.

He is running and playing and acting like a normal pup, but quite a few times in the past few days I saw things that concerned me.

Part of me says" stop being such a worry wort because in a normal case scenario, it doesnt mean much.:"

The rest of me is worried sick,.

He does not have a fever, and he is drinking and urinating normally.

He is acting normal. happy, playful etc but I am concerned.
He has thrown up 3 times in 2 days, and it seems to be (IMO) undigested food,

His next appt is Monday afteroon , I will  take him to the emergency center today if I dont see a significant improvment.

I thought it might ba a reaction to his meds, although he has been on them for quite a while with no issues.

I love this boy, he is th absolute light of me life .

I dont mean to get everyone worrying too.

I just have fear or the unkown, and pray he has an upset stomach or something similar.

All Our Love,

Dawn and the very BIG monkey

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,952 posts
Oh boy...we don't want our Monkey to feel bad for any kind of reason AT ALL...

You're up early and I am just checking...glad it wasn't earlier as I would have missed your post...I hope that today is BETTER...and NO vomiting at all...

I'll be checking in off and on to see if you've posted a GOOD report or you are off to the ER...

Praying that today is good and that Monday's schedule trip to the vet can just help with what went on over the week end...

Our girls (and I think it's Rylee) throw up a clear liquid periodically but never undigested food...hugs and prayers going out for the Monkey...Judy

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
The monkey had a great day! He went on car rides, and had plenty of water and a great stream. I only fed him a small can of cat food, which he ate very happily, and did not vomit . : )

Tomorrow is his recheck with the vet, and I am sure they will need to run a  battery of tests, but he needs them to see at his 3 month post op where his kidney function levels are, and ensure he is doing well.

He had a great day, I am concerned still over the vomitting and he looks a little thin to me but not anywhere near what he was just not as heavy as he was a few days ago.
I am confident he did not ingest anything that could have blocked him because I watch him 24/7 and he is never alone unless he is crated when I am not here ( which isnt often.).

He is such a happy little man, and when he doesnt feel well, my world crumbles with fear.

We have been through so much togethor that this is cake, just prob an upset stomach.

I do see him drink from puddles in the yard on occassion and I always stop him, but perhaps he got an upset stomach from dirty water.

In any event , he has never acted sick, and is still running everywhere he goes with a wagging tail.

I just could never possibly express how thrilled it still makes me each time he eats, drinks, pee's,and poops.

Most days when he is done with his breakfast and / or dinner he will sometimes carry me his bowl and drop it at my feet and it just warms my heart.

I pick it up, and go and give him another cup or 2.

He follows me, he watches me, and then he eats it.

So having him throw up, and refuse food really concerns me.....but his attitude , and playful  demeanor are soo reassuring.

I love this boy, and I thank god, IMOM, and all of his auties for being able to treasure every day and every moment with my favorite monkey EVER!

I probably wont have much news after his visit tomrrow because his bloods, labs, and cultures can take days to come back.

But I will post an update right after our visit.

I just love him soo much! Not one day goes by that I dont fall in love with him over again.

he is the light of my life, and the very first thing I think of when i open my eyes in the morning.

He wakes up every morning soo very happy, and runs around the house . In my mind and heart I am running around right with him and every day is a celebration.

Seeing him so happy brings me such joy.

he truly makes my heart smile!

Okay, I am done rambling and am going to check in now on our PIN to see how everyone else is doing.

Thanks for listening.

All our love!

Dawn, and the Monkey

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
Blowing Air kisses to his Imom Aunties.

Attached File  Monkey kisses his Aunties.JPG   4.78MB   16 downloads

XOXOXO Foru ( the Monkey)

Attached Files

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
Well the little monkey gained another 10 lbs!
His Dr was thrilled to see him, and very impressed with how well he is doing.
He ran a CBC, lab cultures etc but said his bladder felt small and " normal".
He gave the Monkey a rabies vaccine, and we will need to bring back a urine sample tomorrow because he bladder is draining completely so they  could not express any urine for another culture.
But he was able to palpate his bladder, the monkey was extremely comfortable and his bladder was small , and normal consistancy which is said is the most normal he has ever seen or felt it.
He prescribed amoxicillan tabs to be given for 10 days but only as a precaution because we pulled 3 ticks off of him today.
He does not want to give him the lyme vaccine, but he did run a lyme test which was negative.
Nothing but good news to report today , and we are thrilled.
Love, Dawn and the Monkey

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,952 posts
Dawn...the photos absolutely MADE MY DAY...what a BEAUTIFUL BOY....

And, the great report from the vet also made me smile...what more can I say.....

XOXOX back to you and Foru.....

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
I am out of town on a business trip , and just called to check in learning the monkey didn't eat today.
His lab results all came in normal with a very slight elevation on his kidney levels .
His urine cultures showed no bacteria , but he didn't eat.
I spoke to him on speaker phone and he perked up.
I was told this evening he slept most of the day.
Perhaps it's just depression because I am not there.
But I have been away from him more times than I care to remember and he stil ate.
I will be back at home tomorrow evening.
I have no access from here, and am typing this from my phone
I can't stand being away from him.
I will post another update when I return home Thursday evening and the monkey eats!
All Our Love,
Dawn  . And the monkey

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
I just got home about 45 mins ago, and the Monkey is not doing well at all.

I will be up with him all night tonight, and off to the vet first thing in the a.m.

I was on a business trip for the last 3 days, and today there was a layoff at my company and my branch was shut down.

I was affected and I lost my job.

None of it matters, I just cant lose my monkey now.
I spoke with his vet earlier today, and he was very happy with all of his labs, and cultures and I am just beside myself to see him soo out of sorts this evening.

He is not his happy self, and I dont have a clue what could possibly be going on.

It is not a kidney issue I am sure of it, and confident becuase of his urine stream, cultures etc.

No fever, just not eating , vomitting bile which is different from the undigested food he threw up last week.

But he is holding his head different, his eye contact is limited, and
I need to go hold him, and make sure I keep him hydrated .

I cant understand what is going on, but I am more scared after seeing him when I returned home than I have been.

All of his blood work and cultures came back great,

I am trying my very hardest to keep my thoughts positive, and just love and comfort him because he is not feeling well.

But I am losing it.

I lost my job today after 10 years, but I cant lose my monkey.

Please pray for him, I need to go because I am falling apart now.

So sorry for the worry and fear, but I know my monkey and I dont have a good feeling this time.

I have been inspired by you all, and what you have done for us and all of the other PIN, and this will stay with me forever.

I truly believe in the power of positive thoughts and I am logging off to concentrate and comfort.

Be back soon with  a good report hopefully.

All our love,

Dawn and Foru ( the monkey)

xoxoxo

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
The monkey perked up, and drank a good amount of water, but threw it up very soon afterwards.

Its nearly 4:00 am here, I cant think or even comprehend what could possibly be happening because all of his bloodwork and cultures came back normal after all we have been through.

I am  up with him , and cant sleep, wont sleep until we can understand what is going on.

Its not good,

I know it has nothing to do with his kidney, or kidney function. But something else is going on, and  I dont know what it is .
I pray that this too can be corrected, I could not imagine my life without my monkey, and am pretty sick myself right now.

All our love is with all of his Aunties, and Imom.
Please keep him in your prayers, he needs them.

I feel so helpless.

We will know more when we get back to the vet in a few hours, but I am so scared I cant even believe this is happening now to my little monkey.

He has been through so much  .

All Our love,
Dawn, and ( the monkey)

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,952 posts
Dawn, do you think it's possible he ate something and he has an obstruction??  

I don't know anything medical but I know that he could not be in better hands than yours...

I am SO SORRY to hear that you lost your job...this economy is TERRIBLE...but we are here for you both...I will be checking in off and on all day to see what is happening...

Positive thoughts and prayers to you and Foru as you are off to the vets.....Judy

TigresMeow

TigresMeow

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 666 posts
That's what I was thinking...that maybe our Monkey ate something he shouldn't have.  I am glad you are taking him to the vet.  Hopefully it is something simple and he will be as good as new really soon.  Sometimes one of my pack will eat a bug (we have big bugs here in Texas) and they will vomit because of it.  Seems like it happens the most to my biggest dog too.  You might want to ask your vet and see if you can give him Pepto Bismol when he gets an upset tummy and if you can, what dosage you should give.

I am so sorry you lost your job but I know you will do everything in your power to get Monkey taken care of.  And we will be with you every step of the way.

I am saying lots of prayers that it is something very simple and that God will watch over our Monkey and he will be all better so he can go back to being a pup.  

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs to you and Monkey)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Kat n her K9 Crew
-Katie, Corree, Stormy, Dakota Rose, Maggie, Belle, Kiwi, Lola and Coco Puff
-and 3 special Sheltie Angels...Sable, Megan and Lacey Jane
-and 2 special Chihuahua Angels.....Callie (Chunky Monkey) and little Peanut and 1 special Pittie angel....Dixie Doo

Posted Image

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
This is the absolute worst day of my life.

I cant have everyone worrying all day, and I cant stop crying,.

My monkey passed away a few hrs ago.

Once I can get myself pulled togethor we are going to the vet, who is also stunned and shocked and will be performing an autopsy.
my heart has been ripped from my chest.

I dont even want to go on without my monkey............

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,484 posts
Oh my God, Dawn, I just can't believe this.  I never thought I would be reading anything like this today.  He was doing so well, and he was everyone's little miracle.  I cannot-just cannot imagine how you are feeling.  Foru was so big and beautiful and he beat all the odds and was doing so well.  

I am incredibly saddened by your loss.  I cannot even think what to say, because nothing at all is going to help today.

I am so very, very sorry.  My thoughts and my prayers are with you and your little monkey.:broken_heart:

Judy G.

:animcndc_sm:

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,952 posts
Dawn....my heart stopped when I read your post and chills ran thru my body.....

You both mean so much to so many.....I don't know what to say but I want you to know that we are with you right now and will be.....

I don't even think your post has registered yet.  I am going to be away for a few hours...know that I am with you in thought and spirit.  YOU ARE NOT ALONE... :broken_heart:

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
(((HUGS))) I have no words that will take away the pain and saddness.

I cannot believe this all happened so suddenly. He had to had eaten something bad or acute renal failure or something!  

I am so very very very sorry. I kept scrolling down thinking ok, she's going to the vet...then WHAM.... :( a very heart breaking post.

All of us are thinking of you and here for you. I know everything seemed to have just came to a halt with your job and now Foru.....but please know we are all here for you. So very sorry for your loss of Foru, your little monkey.

Melissa/IMOM

Forusmom

Forusmom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 194 posts
I havent left for the vet yet.

I just cant pull myself togethor.

I will know more later today, but I do know in my gut this was not kidney related.

I also know there is no way he ingested anything that obsrtucted him because we are togethor 24/7 and he plays with his toys and doesnt ever eat them or anything he is not supposed too with the one exception of his catheter tube a few months back.
I dont know what to do with myself, I am crippled with sadness.

My monkey is my heart, and my world revolves around him.
The world was his playground, and I cant imagine why God would take him from me now.

He was such a happy little man, I dont care about my job......I should and under different circumstances I would.

But I could lose my job, house, money, etc.....I just am not strong enough to lose my monkey

But God took him, and I cant imagine why.
No one loved life like my monkey!

The world was his playground, and I dont know how to pull it togethor and go on without him.

Life can be soo cruel..............

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,952 posts
Dawn, I cannot begin to know how you are feeling...I am not usually at a loss for words but right now I don't even know what to say to you.  I do know that all of here at IMOM are beside ourselves.

You and Foru were such a bright spot for us.  Your devotion and dedication to Foru was amazing.  Know that.

I have to stop writing right now as I am at work and I feel as if I"m going to lose it....

I don't think your vet expects you "to pull it together" right now...as I am sure that they feel exactly as we all do...stunned, SO sad, broken hearted and speechless.

Janice G

Janice G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 153 posts
Dawn,
I'm so very sorry to hear about Foru.  It's just so shocking after he has been doing so well.  All my best thoughts as you're going through this terrible time.

Janice G

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,914 posts
I am so sorry to hear Foru has gone ahead.  No one could have done more than you, Dawn.  You did your absolute best.  Foru knew more love in his short life than most animals or even people know in any lifetime.  Please stay with us.  We're here for you.

Godspeed, little monkey.  :motimonkey:  I hope the Bridge is wonderful, with lots to keep you busy till Mommy comes to be with you forever.  We will never forget you, I promise.

:animcndc_sm:

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
Dear Dawn and Angel Foru,

I am devasated to read this news. You fought so hard for Foru and he was doing so well.  I know right now you are in shock, walking around and seeing Foru everywhere you look. I would suggest you leave everything where it is for now.I found it comforting after I lost my soul kitty to see his bed and toys..I don't know why this terrible things happen, especially for one as special and loving as Foru.

I am happy that Foru got to have fun and play in the snow and be a happy Foru enjoying his life with you. Foru's time here was far too short, but magnificent.  I know that Foru is watching over you from the Rainbow Bridge watching over you and keeping you safe just as you watched over him and kept his safe.  

I do not know why Foru had to go ahead so early...perhaps he has a special mission in heaven...

Please know that all the IMOM angels are here with you, supporting you.  I wish I was there so I could just be there for you so you would know that you are not alone ...Foru and you are loved by all. Please take care of yourself.

In deepest sympathy,

Kathy and the Magical Beach Kitties

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users