Jump to content

Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Pockets Castello has earned her wings.


  • Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#61
k9sign

k9sign

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,115 posts
Do u know how much is still needed for Pocket's to be fully sponsored? Have u asked ur caseworker if there have been one time donations that help with any immediate issues? I think a couple people have mentioned that they made a one time donation.

Angels, please, I know how scary it is when the boyz aren't fully sponsored-Lisa is dealing with that same fear now.
If u could sponsor for $5/month or even make a one time donation-I know Lisa would have a heavy weight lifted off her shoulders. Thanks angels.

Hugs to Pocket's.

Cindy and the boyz


***It looks like from the monthly sponsor needs thread that Pocket's still needs $188/month before she is fully sponsored.
Here is that thread.

http://www.imom.org/...=0

Edited by k9sign, 14 December 2011 - 11:30 AM.

Posted Image

#62
Mike (Guy's person)

Mike (Guy's person)

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 610 posts
Hi Lisa.  Woof woof Pockets.  

We're glad you're here.  We didn't have any new sponsored cases for a long time. It may sound weird, but I think CRF is not so bad, since you can manage it for a long time with success.  My kitty Guy went on for five years after his diagnosis and enjoyed a good old age, and his sister Lola is now at almost five years since her diagnosis and she still ikels ot hloep mee type.  Enough Lola ... I'm busy here!

I made an arrangement with my vet to provide me fluids and needles under a "Brico price match" agreement, which is still about $75 for a case of Lactated Ringers Solutions, drip sets, and Terumo needles.  Lola gets the 20-gauge ultra thin wall -- no kitty harpooning in this house.  By the way, I have a box of Terumo 18-gauge needles I could send.  They say "TW," so I guess that means thin wall instead of ultra thin.

Lisa, when Guy was a sponsored pet here at IMOM, I posted a new picture every week and told lots of stories about his action adventures and how impossibly cute he was.  (His thread is now in the Loving Memory section.)  I don't know for sure, but I think these pictures and stories helped people feel that they knew Guy, and maybe it helped with his sponsorship.  This couldn't hurt for Pockets.  But most important, when Guy reached the end of his life, I was so grateful that I was able to share his life with his "aunties" here at IMOM.  I would do it all over again even with no sponsorship.  One of the IMOM volunteers posted once that she paid to tell stories about her cat on a website in order to share the cat's life.  What a privilege it was for me to be able to share Guy's life as a member of this community!

Best of luck!
Mike, the cutest angel Guy, and LBK Lola

#63
Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 1,911 posts

Calling ALL Angels, Calling ALL Angels !!!!

:pp_animal_362:    :pp_animal_362:

We're ALL asking for your help to sponsor Pockets -
our latest addition -- and most loved CRF pupper !!!!!!!!

:wub: :heart: :wub:

PLEASE, NO AMOUNT IS TOO SMALL !!!!!
They ALL Add up ~ and are so very MUCH NEEDED
to provide Pockets with a good quality of life !!!!!!

Angels, if you can maybe skip a certan present this year;
or please Cross-Post by Tweeting your Twitter;
Facing your FaceBook :) and any and ALL other Social Networking Sites . . .

:heart: :angel: :heart:

It would be MORE APPRECIATED than you could EVER know !!!!!!!
Thank you SOOOOO much in advance !!!!!!

:pawprint:  :rose:  :pawprint:



Posted Image

Thank you for being such special friends
to me and my BBB, Bandit !!!!!
Especially during this most difficult time.

*BIG HUGS* and MUCH LOVE to you,
and sweet Pockets :wub:
Now, Always and Forever ~
Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

:felineicon:

:heart:  :heart:


Edited by Bandit'sAngel, 15 December 2011 - 04:00 AM.


#64
Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 1,887 posts
Hi

I hope Pockets is doing well.

How much more does Pockets need ?  

Thank you

Kathy

#65
theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 247 posts
I think Pockets still needs 188.00 I havent posted for alitlle bit over a day I have been sick with the flu  I am hopeing I feel better tomorrow since I have to work tomorrow..Have a good night.
Lisa and Pockets

View PostBeauty, on 16 December 2011 - 12:51 PM, said:

Hi

I hope Pockets is doing well.

How much more does Pockets need ?  

Thank you

Kathy


#66
theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 247 posts
Thankyou Mike ,and  thankyou for your support I have been out of touch for alittle over a day its that time of the year .I got a flu shot a monthago but I am sick I hope I fel better tomorrow. I sent some pictures of pockets to my caseworker.I had problem with attacthing them my file said they were to be.Hopefully cindy will be able to post some. . Have a great holiday.
Lisa and Pockets

View PostMike (Guy, on 14 December 2011 - 10:59 PM, said:

Hi Lisa.  Woof woof Pockets.  

We're glad you're here.  We didn't have any new sponsored cases for a long time. It may sound weird, but I think CRF is not so bad, since you can manage it for a long time with success.  My kitty Guy went on for five years after his diagnosis and enjoyed a good old age, and his sister Lola is now at almost five years since her diagnosis and she still ikels ot hloep mee type.  Enough Lola ... I'm busy here!

I made an arrangement with my vet to provide me fluids and needles under a "Brico price match" agreement, which is still about $75 for a case of Lactated Ringers Solutions, drip sets, and Terumo needles.  Lola gets the 20-gauge ultra thin wall -- no kitty harpooning in this house.  By the way, I have a box of Terumo 18-gauge needles I could send.  They say "TW," so I guess that means thin wall instead of ultra thin.

Lisa, when Guy was a sponsored pet here at IMOM, I posted a new picture every week and told lots of stories about his action adventures and how impossibly cute he was.  (His thread is now in the Loving Memory section.)  I don't know for sure, but I think these pictures and stories helped people feel that they knew Guy, and maybe it helped with his sponsorship.  This couldn't hurt for Pockets.  But most important, when Guy reached the end of his life, I was so grateful that I was able to share his life with his "aunties" here at IMOM.  I would do it all over again even with no sponsorship.  One of the IMOM volunteers posted once that she paid to tell stories about her cat on a website in order to share the cat's life.  What a privilege it was for me to be able to share Guy's life as a member of this community!

Best of luck!
Mike, the cutest angel Guy, and LBK Lola


#67
theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 247 posts
I was just thinking back on how much fun Pockets had at the lake this last summer.Not only does pockets like fetching the stick and then rolling on it in the sand she also likes boat rides.We had borrowed a friends boat to go back into the narrows it is veryquiet back there because boats can only go 5 mph back there I was looking around at the sceneary and  we notice some ducks cruseing arround and ducking under water well pockets saw them and starting barking next thing you know is she jumps off the boat and starts swiming after them of course as she got up close they flew off it was so cute Pockets paddled around and was so proud that she accompolish going after them Pockets then starting swiming trying tofind land  not much in the section we were in so I had to jump in and swim after her  we couldnt bring the boat to where she was due to the rocks so I had to assist here for a 50 yard swim needless to say I was out of breath and got my workout in I finally got her up to the boat and we got her lifted back in the boat.We were prepared the next time she barked at the ducks. Pockets also got her workout she sleeped good that night.
Can anyone help sponser Pockets   any donations are appreciated and thankyou to all that have sponsered her and thankyou to all for your  love and support for Pockets.
Love to all Lisa and Pockets



#68
theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 247 posts
Thnankyou Donna for  your love and support Pockets and myself appreciated it.
lisa

View PostBandit, on 15 December 2011 - 03:58 AM, said:

Calling ALL Angels, Calling ALL Angels !!!!

:pp_animal_362:    :pp_animal_362:

We're ALL asking for your help to sponsor Pockets -
our latest addition -- and most loved CRF pupper !!!!!!!!

:wub: :heart: :wub:

PLEASE, NO AMOUNT IS TOO SMALL !!!!!
They ALL Add up ~ and are so very MUCH NEEDED
to provide Pockets with a good quality of life !!!!!!

Angels, if you can maybe skip a certan present this year;
or please Cross-Post by Tweeting your Twitter;
Facing your FaceBook :) and any and ALL other Social Networking Sites . . .

:heart: :angel: :heart:

It would be MORE APPRECIATED than you could EVER know !!!!!!!
Thank you SOOOOO much in advance !!!!!!

:pawprint:  :rose:  :pawprint:



Posted Image

Thank you for being such special friends
to me and my BBB, Bandit !!!!!
Especially during this most difficult time.

*BIG HUGS* and MUCH LOVE to you,
and sweet Pockets :wub:
Now, Always and Forever ~
Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

:felineicon:

:heart:  :heart:



#69
Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 1,911 posts

Posted Image

Lisa ... and of course, Sweet Pockets !!!!! :)

Dear Angels ... PLEASE ???!!!???

Is there ANY way you might be able to help Pockets ??
Either a one time donation ~ a monthly sponsorship (of any amount) ~
or Cross-posting on all your Social Networking Sites ??!!!!??

:wub: :angel: :wub:

PLEASE ??  No amount is too small !!!!  
And this family will be and IS, very grateful for any and ALL help
you can provide for her CRF pupper !!!!!!

:heart: :heart:

Thank you SOOOOO much in advance !!!!!
Sending you ALL *HUGEST HUGS* and
Special Kisses to Pockets ~

LOVE,
Donna and Her Bandit :wub:

:felineicon:

:heart:  :heart:



#70
k9sign

k9sign

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,115 posts
Angels, please, Pockets needs some tests and he isn't fully sponsored. Can u sponsor for any amount-no amount is too small, or give a one time donation?
Thanks angels!!

Hugs to Pocket's.
Posted Image

#71
theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 247 posts

View Postk9sign, on 17 December 2011 - 03:10 PM, said:

Angels, please, Pockets needs some tests and he isn't fully sponsored. Can u sponsor for any amount-no amount is too small, or give a one time donation?
Thanks angels!!

Hugs to Pocket's.


#72
theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 247 posts
Thankyoui Cindy,
Please help Pockets get fully sponsered.We have come such along way Where Pockets was given little hope she survived and we would like to continue her care so that she can continue on.. Pockets is so inportant to me and I am strugleing
l to keep up with her treatments.  We donot want to give up and  we are asking all angels for help.I am alittle under the wheather with the flu and yet I have to go to work sick I cannot afford to be off and rest..Please help my little girl
Love Lisa and Pockets

#73
theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 247 posts
Pockets goes back to the vet this tuesday 12-20-11 she is not fully sponsered,she needs help.I love her so much times have been so tuff this year
for me and I donot want Pockets  to not finsh getting the care.She has been there for me my entire life.Pockets was one of 6 puppies born in feb 1998 I have had my little girl since day one.When Pockets was growing up we use to go for hikes in the Santa barbara hills they have beautiful trails and waterfalls and Pockets  love to run on east beach after the seguls they would always fly away  in 1999 We moved up to San Luis Obispo  Santa
Barbara got to expensive but we found other trails to hike andother beaches to walk on. I want to continue this with pockets right now she needs your help ,I do not have kids but I can only imagine that You want to provide for your kids and help them get better when they are sick.You Love them,
Thas how I feel about Pockets my love for her is strong she is my kid and I want to make a difference in her life Please help her  with her care .
Thankyou
Love Lisa and Pockets :pp_animal_568:

#74
Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 1,911 posts

Lisa, thank you so much for sharing stories about sweet Pockets.
I "know" they are opening the hearts of others who are falling in love with her too !!!!
:heart:

:pawprint:   :bone:   :pawprint:

Angels ~ PLEASE . . . Pockets needs YOU !!!!!!!

:pp_animal_362:

She's got to see her Vet on Tuesday ...
and she needs to have tests run.

Would you PLEASE help Lisa with these expenses ??
They've had such a hard year . . .
and Pockets is her only child.
She so wants to keep hiking with her girl.

:heart: :heart:

In this special season of giving ~
Is there any way you could possibly give to this special pupper ??

:angel: :angel:

If you could possibly become one of her sponsors, or
make a one time donation ~ ~ ~ No amount is too small,
and they ALL add up !!!!! :)

I know Lisa "and" Pockets will be, and are, VERY grateful
for whatever you can do.

:wub: :heart: :wub:

Thank you SO very much, for "theloveofpockets" !!!!!

With ALL of our LOVE,
NOW, ALWAYS and FOREVER ~

Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

:felineicon:

:heart: :heart:


Lisa, I hope you're feeling some better.  I know how difficult and overwhelming everything can be when you've got so much on your shoulders, a loved one depending on you, and being sick too.  Please know I'm holding you both in my heart, thoughts and prayers. :wub:  Please give Pockets some special kisses and cuddles from me and *BIG HUGS* and love to you both !!!!!!  You are doing an amazing job !!!!!  :wub: :)






#75
CatPaws

CatPaws

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 2,887 posts

View PostMichele W, on 01 December 2011 - 10:19 AM, said:

Hi, Lisa,

I've been following Pockets' story, and your remarkable devotion to her. Visiting her constantly when she was hospitalized and fighting for her life.....wrapping her in a blanket and sleeping on the floor with her to keep her warm....medicating her all through the day and night.....ferrying her back and forth to the vet for frequent monitoring.....and keeping everyone here updated with the most sincere posts in which your utter love for her just rings through. Even the name you chose when you signed up for the forum says it all.....theloveofpockets.....Lisa, you have loved this little dog and responsibly cared for her like few others would have.


All best,
Michele

Truer words have never been spoken, Michele!    Lisa is doing an incredible job.  My motto has always been, I'm willing to work along side of you, as long and as hard as you are willing to work.  Angels, if you feel the same way, please help Lisa and Pockets.   I'm not able to be a monthly sponsor, but I have sent what I can to help Pockets get her testing tomorrow.  Monthly sponsors are still desperately needed.  Every dollar helps.
Merry Christmas, angels.
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

#76
Judy

Judy

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 7,974 posts
Lisa...hoping for a great vet report from the vet today...You are taking such good care of Pockets...

Have you been in touch with your caseworker, Cindy to see where funding stands for Pockets?  I see there hasn't been a funds update since Dec. 5th and I'm figuring money has come in since then...

It's a busy time of year for everyone especially the volunteers at IMOM as there have been so many emergencies and PINs...but I'm figuring they might be able to tell you in an email...

You have a great caseworker...Cindy is the best...

Looking forward to seeing the photos you sent over of Pockets...sweet thing that she is...

Wishing you and Pockets the very best...Judy

#77
theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 247 posts
Thankyou  michelle and thankyou for following Pockets story it is so appreciated and thankyou for your donation.May you have a great holidays Hugs From Lisa and Pockets

View PostCatPaws, on 19 December 2011 - 07:41 AM, said:

Truer words have never been spoken, Michele!    Lisa is doing an incredible job.  My motto has always been, I'm willing to work along side of you, as long and as hard as you are willing to work.  Angels, if you feel the same way, please help Lisa and Pockets.   I'm not able to be a monthly sponsor, but I have sent what I can to help Pockets get her testing tomorrow.  Monthly sponsors are still desperately needed.  Every dollar helps.
Merry Christmas, angels.


#78
theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 247 posts
Thankyou Judy wishing you a happy holiday.I just took pockets in for lab today she will be going back on jan 3 2012 at 9am for a renal profile..
Hugs and kisses
Lisa and Pockets :pp_animal_568:

View PostJudy, on 20 December 2011 - 06:27 AM, said:

Lisa...hoping for a great vet report from the vet today...You are taking such good care of Pockets...

Have you been in touch with your caseworker, Cindy to see where funding stands for Pockets?  I see there hasn't been a funds update since Dec. 5th and I'm figuring money has come in since then...

It's a busy time of year for everyone especially the volunteers at IMOM as there have been so many emergencies and PINs...but I'm figuring they might be able to tell you in an email...

You have a great caseworker...Cindy is the best...

Looking forward to seeing the photos you sent over of Pockets...sweet thing that she is...

Wishing you and Pockets the very best...Judy


#79
theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 247 posts
Iam feeling much better today my flu lasted for 5 days I am back on track and resting when I can.
Pockets is funny after her vet appointment today she barked all the way home for 20 miles dogs know when they are going home even when I pull out her sweater at night she knows its time for a walk and I want to keep  her warm so she doesnt catch a cold ..P ockets is still in need of help I heard we got some more sponsers but we are not there yet so thankyou in advance for donations and sponsership. Pockets and myself would like to wish all of you a happy holiday.
Love Lisa and Pockets

#80
Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 1,887 posts
Hi

Does anyone know where Pockets funding is?  I think he got some sponsors or one time help since the last update.

Lisa, if you can get a widget to post at the end of your posts it might help

Kind of like:  if you would like to help Pockets:

and then a link that takes them to donation page. And make sure they know how to designate for Pockets

Kathy

#81
Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

    IMOM Founder

  • IMOM Founder
  • 3,218 posts
My apologies.  I do the fund updates but I've been buried with my paying job and I'm just now trying to play catchup. I will get it done as soon as I can.
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders


Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!




#82
Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

    IMOM Founder

  • IMOM Founder
  • 3,218 posts
Monthly sponsor needs is current:

http://www.imom.org/...?showtopic=7261
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders


Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!




#83
theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 247 posts
Pockets will be returning to the vet in less then 2 weeks we are stll in need of sponsership If you were to spend time with Pockets you would truely understand the love I have for her.I wanted to attach some pictures so I can show you and tell you more about Pockets but I have been having problems  when I attach the file it says it is to large to attach so If anyone knows how I can attach them smaller please let me know I have so much to share Pockets adventures at the lakes  watching her dig like begals like to do Pockets  has the most kissable face and she loves to give kisses she Loves people and loves life like her mom,burt I am struggleing for help and I am not sure what I will do if I cannot complete her treatment do to funding.If I had one wish that could come true this christmas it would be to get my little girl fully sponsered.Please help  her,for the love of pockets.
Lisa and Pockets :pp_animal_568:



#84
theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 247 posts
Pockets loves the warmth of the sun on her face I have been watching her for about 5 minutes with her eyes closed and the sun shineing on her .she loves  the out doors especially going on walks pockets  has not been fully sponserd and we are still short 188.00 per month for her on going care Iam asking all angels to help her.
Please for the love of pockets help my girl I have exsausted my funds and she needs your help.
Thankyou Lisa and Pockets :pp_animal_568:



#85
Hope and Angel Kitty Kitty

Hope and Angel Kitty Kitty

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 142 posts
I am a newer member to this amazing organization!  I have been following Pockets for awhile now as well as all the emergencies that have occured since I have been a member and there were quite a few and each one had AFR and rather quickly.  If $188.00 is still needed, as Pocket's mommy states, then can't we somehow find ten (10) people to sponsor $18.80 per month?  Or, fifteen (15) people to sponsor $12.53 per month or twenty (20) people to sponsor $9.40 per month?  This can be done easily if we all come together.  I can relate to Pocket's mommy since I had a special needs cat, a/k/a Kitty Kitty, who unfortunately has gone on before me, but I know how expensive treatment can be when you are paying for supplies, medicine, and the ongoing care at the vet's office.  I didn't have anyone to help me (people probably thought I was nuts on what I was doing) and I am not a rich person by no means but gave up many things so I could care for my baby.  The love I had for him was so strong and deep that I would do anything for my boy to make sure he was happy and healthy as long as possible.   I think this is completely possible and what a great Xmas present for Pockets and Pocket's mommy!  I wish I could do this sponsorship myself but I can't so this is a call to all the angels to come and join the Sponsor Pockets Train?  So, whose in?  

Hope and My Big Angel Kitty Kitty  :minichat6:

#86
Hope and Angel Kitty Kitty

Hope and Angel Kitty Kitty

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 142 posts
Nobody?



#87
Maxwell Junior

Maxwell Junior

    MAX

  • Members
  • 1,130 posts
Hi
Posted Image AND; Posted Image, EVERYONE,,,,,



We r all hear for you Pockets, I wish u and ur mom the best of the best,

God Bless,,,,,,and HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON,,,,

MAX,HENRY,SWIRLIE AND ME, BIBI,,,,,,,,,,     


  CALLING ALL ANGELS,,,,,,,,  Pockets needs a total of $253 per month and is currently sponsored for $125. Pockets needs an additional $128 to be fully sponsored.


Posted ImagePLEASE HELP POCKETS IF U CAN;;;;Posted Image

Edited by swirlie, 23 December 2011 - 11:37 AM.

MAX AND I LOVE AND THANK ALL OUR DONORS;


#88
Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 1,887 posts
Hi

I am on board as a sponsor ...wish it were more. Maybe after Christmas we can rally some help for Pockets and his Mom.

Hang in there Pockets...help will be arriving soon

Kathy

#89
k9sign

k9sign

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,115 posts
In case u don't know where to go to get the weekly (depending on how busy Jacki is, or if there are no changes it may be later)  fund balance this is the link:

http://www.imom.org/...=0



I wanted to make sure u know that Pocket's has $326.57 in her fund--now that isn't all sponsorship, but many one time donations.
Angels, Pockets still needs sponsorships, but I wanted Lisa to know that Pocket's has extra money in her fund then solely the sponsorships.

Please help Pocket's!!

Hugs,
Posted Image

#90
jayman72365

jayman72365

    Certified IMOMer!

  • Members
  • 1,607 posts
Posted Image

With LOVE, wishing you all the blessings of this Holy Season!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users