Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Pockets Castello has earned her wings.

• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,914 posts
Diagnosis: Chronic Renal Failure
Sponsor Amount:  $253 - Pockets is fully sponsored
S/N: Yes
Volunteer case worker: Cindy

Pockets is a 12 yr old Beagle that IMOM assisted in October with treatment for a severe EColi/bacterial kidney infection. She receives fluids,multiple medications and supplements daily but she needs frequent monitoring by the vet to assess her condition.  Her family is thousands in debt and her costs continue to be hundreds every month.  IMOM is trying to raise funds to assist with her monthly exams and tests, such as bloodwork and urinalysis.

Monthly sponsors are needed for Pockets, but Any size donation will help.  Please visit our donation page at Donate here!and scroll down to "sponsor a pet" for a monthly contribution, and one-time donations can be made by using the Specific Pin box at the top.  Be sure to designate your gift to "CRF - Pockets Castello"

You can read about Pocket's journey at her former thread here:Pocket's first thread  Her mom will be here soon to continue to update us on her progress.

Thanks in advance for your support of this very special pet.

Cindy/IMOM

Attached Files

Cindy/IMOM

theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 247 posts

View PostCindy/IMOM, on 30 November 2011 - 04:09 AM, said:

Diagnosis: Chronic Renal Failure
Sponsor Amount:  $253
S/N: Yes
Volunteer case worker: Cindy

Pockets is a 12 yr old Beagle that IMOM assisted in October with treatment for a severe EColi/bacterial kidney infection. She receives fluids,multiple medications and supplements daily but she needs frequent monitoring by the vet to assess her condition.  Her family is thousands in debt and her costs continue to be hundreds every month.  IMOM is trying to raise funds to assist with her monthly exams and tests, such as bloodwork and urinalysis.

Monthly sponsors are needed for Pockets, but Any size donation will help.  Please visit our donation page at Donate here!and scroll down to "sponsor a pet" for a monthly contribution, and one-time donations can be made by using the Specific Pin box at the top.  Be sure to designate your gift to "CRF - Pockets Castello"

You can read about Pocket's journey at her former thread here:Pocket's first thread  Her mom will be here soon to continue to update us on her progress.

Thanks in advance for your support of this very special pet.

Cindy/IMOM  

Melissa/IMOM

theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 247 posts
Hi my name is Lisa and my dogs name is Pockets.. Over the last few months Pockets has been through so much.She survived Ecoli,Kidney infection,Urinary track infection and Kidney shut down ,my Vet said this was the worse case they had seen They called Uc Davis for advise..Pockets rejected all medication except for one used on Kimo patients to cure cancer a very strong antibiotic called indipendium Uc davis had good results so we tryed  it finally an antibiotic that worked Pockets didnt rejected it.. Everyday and every chance I got I visited Pockets I didnt want to lose my girl she is a big part of my family.. We started to see inprovement she spent nearly 5 weeks  at the vets office I prayed everyday for her recovery.Pockets made it..So home she went I am still giving her injections in fact it is 2.00am and I just finshed at 5am I need to give her some pills through out the day until 10pm at night..I really want to keep her on the road to recovery...I have spent so much and  have exsausted my resources..I need HELP..Please help sponser Pockets anything would be so grateful I need to keep moving forward.Please read through everything Pockets has gone through I Love her and she is part of my family..I do not have any kids   so I am hopeing you understand my love for pockets.. Tomorrow  I get more lab results and I am hoping for the best for Pockets I am praying for the angels to help her .Imoms has been great as well as the vollenteers..Please help sponser her...
Thankyou,Lisa  and Pockets :pp_animal_568:

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,036 posts
Before I make a long drive today, I just wanted to welcome u to the "neighborhood". I have kept up, and have in the past posted on Pocket's thread, but let me introduce myself again now that we are "neighbors" in the Chronic Ongoing Illness Forum. I am Tucker and Justice's mom, and they have numerous health issues, but are sponsored for their severe epilepsy.

I am so happy that IMOM has allowed Pocket's to become a sponsored PIN.

As I posted in the past on her thread, many years ago I was in the hospital 3.5 months due to a kidney infection that was resistant to everything but an IV antibiotic. My kidneys shut down, and it was a scary and painful time.

You have been a remarkable mom, becuz many would have given up when all of this first started and sent Pockets to the Bridge. Pocket's is alive becuz of ur dedication, and the angels will see that and want to be a sponsor for her.

Please angels, no sponsorship is too small. Can u help???

Please give Pocket's a hug from me.

Hugs,
Cindy and the boyz
Posted Image

theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 247 posts
Thankyou cindy ,I do love pockets very much  and I cannot give up on having her sponsered she is so very special to me andeveryday I wake up I am so appreciated that I have her in my life and look forward to all my free time with her..I am still waiting on lab that we did yesterday usually it comes in late in the afternoon  so I will be calling them soon.. hopefully I will have some info on her  when I get off work tonight..If any one can help out Pockets I would apprecaite it.times have been tuff my husband is still looking for work but as  you know everyone else is to  this economy has not turned around and right now it is just me so if I am sick I go to work
Pockets care is all I wish for During the holidays family time is the most inportant thing to meand if I can give Pockets quality of life by having a sponser that would be the best thing...We thank all off you listening to my story and I pray for everyone to get sponsership for there love ones....
Love to all Lisa and Pockets :pp_animal_568:

jayman72365

jayman72365

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,587 posts
hello Lisa and Pockets, we will be keeping our fingers and paws crossed that you get the assistance you need!

Posted Image

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,918 posts
I am so happy to see you here...and that the other members of this special family have come over to greet you...you won't feel so alone once you get to know all the special people on this thread...

I'll be checking back in to see if you've heard about Pockets labs yet...

I know that the angels will rally and help Pockets...she's too sweet not to get helped...and you are doing a great job...Judy

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,914 posts
Pockets has a $25 per month sponsor!  Thanks so much!  Now there's just $228 left to go.  

Folks, the amount we're trying to raise is only part of the charges Lisa's family incurs every month.  Her bills are mounting, but we can still help.  Please donate for Pockets, even $5.  You'll help save a life.

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
:WELCOMEPHOTO:   To the Neighboorhood Lisa and Pockets !!!!!!  :wub:

I've been following Pockets story - I'm sorry I haven't been posting - computer & connection problems {and problems with the forum - lost some posts in Bandit's Thread, and just lost some more].  Give Pockets LOTS of special kisses from me !!!!!

ANYWAY ~  

CALLING ALL ANGELS ~ CALLING ALL ANGELS !!!!!!!  POCKETS NEEDS "YOU" !!!!!!!

:pp_animal_362:

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!  ANYWAY YOU CAN !!!!!!

WHETHER A ONE TIME DONATION OR A MONTHLY SPONSORSHIP ~

REMEMBER DEAR ANGELS, NO AMOUNT IS TOO SMALL !!!!!

THEY NEED AN ADDITIONAL $228 per month PLEASE !!???!!

AND, IF YOU COULD POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK,
TELL YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR NEIGHBORS,
TWEET YOUR TWITTER !!!!!!

WHATEVER YOU CAN DO, I "KNOW" WILL BE GREATLY
APPRECIATED BY THIS WONDERFUL LITTLE FAMILY !!!!!!!

IF MAYBE YOU COULD JUST SKIP THAT STARBUCK'S ONCE A WEEK,
OR PERHAPS BROWN BAG IT ONCE A WEEK ~
AND SEND THAT IN FOR SWEET POCKETS' CARE,
THAT WOULD BE OF GREAT HELP !!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE !!!!
:wub: :heart: :wub:

WITH ALL OUR LOVE ~
NOW, ALWAYS AND FOREVER,

DONNA AND 'THE BANDIT' :wub:

:felineicon:

:heart:  :heart:  

theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 247 posts
I would Like to thank my   on my sponsers for helping out Pockets  you are an angel for helping out my special friend also I like to thank cindy my vollenter k9 sign,jayman72635,bandits angel and,judy for all your support. It is really appreciated..I just got home and gave pockets her treatment it is cold tonight so I wrapped her in a
warm blanket I  am still waiting on lab  for pockets..On my drive home tonight I said some prayers someone must of heard me I was so happy to rec'ieve a sponser  anything is so appreciated the love and support of all of you will never be forgotten it brought tears to my eyes tonight ..I am part of a very special community  ..
If anyone can help out pockets it would be appreciated.I was just looking back at a picture of pockets  2 weeks before she got sick she was at  lake nacimento swiming arround..its funny begals usually dont like water but Pockets loves water...  Thankyou for  reading..
Love Lisa and Pockets :pp_animal_568: Attached File  CCF10312010_00000.jpg   508.72K   31 downloads

theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 247 posts
The Picture I attach to my last post   was   before her illness she  is such a good friend Pleasehelp her keep on the right path.
Thankyou Lisa

Michele W

Michele W

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 251 posts
Hi, Lisa,

I've been following Pockets' story, and your remarkable devotion to her. Visiting her constantly when she was hospitalized and fighting for her life.....wrapping her in a blanket and sleeping on the floor with her to keep her warm....medicating her all through the day and night.....ferrying her back and forth to the vet for frequent monitoring.....and keeping everyone here updated with the most sincere posts in which your utter love for her just rings through. Even the name you chose when you signed up for the forum says it all.....theloveofpockets.....Lisa, you have loved this little dog and responsibly cared for her like few others would have.

I will sponsor Pockets for $30/month. Can anyone else chip in a little to help Lisa and Pockets? Even just a few dollars a month would really add up.

All best,
Michele

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,914 posts
Thanks, Michelle!  Pockets now has $55 per month!  WOOHOO!!!

We're still looking for $198 more.  If you can spare even $5 per month, please help Pockets.  She's been through so much - we can't let her down now.  It's very easy, just visit our donation page and specify CRF - Pockets Castello for either a one time donation or as a monthly sponsor.  She thanks you, and so do we! :beagle:

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 247 posts
Thankyou Michelle for helping sponser Pockets and thankyou for following her story.I would do anything for her she has always been there for me.I lookforward to spending as much time with her as I can...We just got finsh do pockets fluids..and she is just about to recieve a pill.she gets a break until 5pm and then 6 more pills between 5 and 10pm at 1am she gets more fluids..I havent given up on my baby girl she is the love of my life..I also want to thank mellisa imom as well and cindy for there dedication.. I could not have done this without the love and support of all of you..Thankyou again for all the sponsers any bit helps it helps takes some pressure off of me Pockets continued care is the most inportant thing to me.
Love Lisa and Pockets :pp_animal_568:

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,914 posts
Pockets has one more sponsor!  She's at $65 now, 25% of the way.  Only $188 to go.  If 18 people could spare $10 a month, we'd have her vet visits and bloodwork covered.  Can you be one of those 18?

Click here to help Pockets Castello.  and thank you!

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 247 posts
What I nice supprise to come home to I would like to thank you for helping sponser pockets I really want to keep her on the right Path thankyou cindy for the updates we love you.
love lisa and Pockets :pp_animal_568:

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,036 posts
Thank u angels for becoming sponsor's for Pockets!!! Pocket's still needs sponsors, can anyone sponsor for any amount? Please, don't think it's too small of an amount-it all adds up to help Pocket's.

Hugs to Pockets.
Cindy and the boyz
Posted Image

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,877 posts
You are on your way ! Don;t worry- you will be sponsored soon.

Are you using Terumo needles?  A lot easier on you and Pockets. (Can you tell I am a crf mommy?

Hang in there Pockets. IMOM will come through for you

Kathy

theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 247 posts
:pp_animal_568::minichat6:  I spoke to the vet today  the lab work that pockets just had showed no signs of addisons diease I am so happy aboutm that one less thing to worry about.If anyone can help pocket by sponsering her it would help out so much..Pockets appreciates all your love and support..if she could speak like us Iam sure she would tell you that.I know she shows me everyday she is a fighter she made it through a very bad infection now its about helping her maintain her life Please help her .. and support her for the LOVE OF POCKETS
Love lisa and Pockets :pp_animal_568:

theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 247 posts
PLEASE HELP SPONSER
POCKETS... SO SHE CAN CONTINUE HER CARE

jayman72365

jayman72365

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,587 posts
yay! we are glad to see some sponsorship for Pockets!

Posted Image

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,918 posts
Pocket's Mom loves her so much and has worked really hard to get her well again...she needs our help to continuing making sure that Pockets stays that way...

I know that we can help...if you can't be a monthly sponsor a ONE TIME DONATION will help to give her a cushion while we work on getting monthly sponsors...it should would be a great Christmas present for Pockets to know that her Momma won't have to be worried about her.  Judy

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,288 posts
:pp_animal_568:

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to IMOM!!   I bet you have already found out you have found a very SPECIAL place!  

I'm Susan ..was a PIN parent for almost five years until my beloved Zoom, a toy poodle,  lost her battle with diabetes due to complications of pancreatitis.  But now have another poodle, MisChief ..who has definitely some of that back into my life, but My/ZOOM's thread is In Loving Memory ...just so you know.   I can definitely relate to your devotion to Pockets ...they are our family.  And you'll soon come to feel like IMOM & members are another extension of that as well.

I pray you get more sponsors ...I will keep you and Pockets on my prayer chain for that...and am sure there's some Angels out there who will come forward to help out.  CALLING ALL ANGELS ...PLEASE HELP POCKETS IF YOU CAN!

Hang in there my friend.

:hugs:

Susan, MisChief
& My FurAngel Ms. ZOOM

theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 247 posts
Thankyou Susan for your support I do think of pockets as part of my family.. Alot of people would have put there animals down due to the cost.I could not do that  I belive if someone has the chance to live we should  help them and in my case I wanted to help pockets she is a fighter and she one that part of the battle with the ecoli  and her infection..nowwe just need to get help for her  treatments I am calling on all angels to hel  pockets with her on going care..Why Pockets? I Love this girl and I am not giving up I am 100% devoted to her car I get up at all hours of the night to spread out her pills and treatments so they are given at the right time.She is my girl and I am putting her firs.. For the love of pockets Please help.
Love Lisa and pockets :pp_animal_568: :albkblink: :minichat6:

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,918 posts
Lisa, you sure are...and we here at IMOM are so proud of all you've done to make sure that Pockets is so well taken care of...

We are going to work together to get this girl her sponsors...keep up the good work...the IMOM angels are watching...Judy

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
Hi Lisa....

I know how devoted you are to your precious girl.  I am the same way with my BBB who's a PIN here - Bandit.  I rescued him when he was a baby and he is over 16 and 1/2 yrs old (diabetic, hyperthyroid, diabetic dermatitis, some kidney and now heart issues) but, still felt frisky enough to want to play some VROOM last night !!!!  He come first in my life too.

Angels, Lisa loves Pockets more than anything.  And they have touched our hearts in so many ways !!!!!!  :heart:

PLEASE,

CALLING ALL ANGELS ~ CALLING ALL ANGELS !!!!!!! POCKETS NEEDS "YOU" !!!!!!!

:pp_animal_362:

PLEASE HELP !!!!!! ANYWAY YOU CAN !!!!!!

WHETHER A ONE TIME DONATION OR A MONTHLY SPONSORSHIP ~

REMEMBER DEAR ANGELS, NO AMOUNT IS TOO SMALL !!!!!

:wub:  :angel:  :wub:

THEY NEED AN ADDITIONAL $188 per month PLEASE !!???!!

AND, IF YOU COULD POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK,
TELL YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR NEIGHBORS,
TWEET YOUR TWITTER !!!!!!

WHATEVER YOU CAN DO, I "KNOW" WILL BE GREATLY
APPRECIATED BY THIS WONDERFUL LITTLE FAMILY !!!!!!!

:wub: :heart: :wub:

IF MAYBE YOU COULD JUST SKIP THAT STARBUCK'S ONCE A WEEK,
OR PERHAPS BROWN BAG IT ONCE A WEEK ~
AND SEND THAT IN FOR SWEET POCKETS' CARE,
THAT WOULD BE OF GREAT HELP !!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE !!!!

WITH ALL OUR LOVE ~
NOW, ALWAYS AND FOREVER,

DONNA AND 'THE BANDIT' :wub:

:heart: :heart:

Give Pockets kisses for me Lisa.  Sending :hugs: and MUCH LOVE to you !!!!!  May God bless and protect you all.
:wub:  Donna and Bandit

theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 247 posts
Thankyou Judy and Donna for all your support. I just got home a while ago and I gave pockets some pills to help support renal functions This morning I gave pockets her sub q fluids  she is so good when I give them to her She know I am trying to keep her on the right path.Calling all angels pockets needs your help this begal   is
very special andshe is smart especially when it comes to her pills some days are challengs she will toss her little bit of soft foot up in the air eat the food and spit the pill out so I have to trick her changeing up her food.Right now pockets is wrapped in a blanket  she looks so cute and kissable Calling all angels to help her
Thankyou
Love to all Lisa and Pockets :pp_animal_568:

theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 247 posts
I am sending a prayers to a special angel my mom to help pockets get full sponseredand to all the other angels calling all angels to help pockets out :pp_animal_568: :wbd3:

Edited by theloveforpockets, 05 December 2011 - 04:17 PM.

theloveforpockets

theloveforpockets

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 247 posts
Pockets will be going back to the vet in a week for more  labs

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts

Please Dear Angels ~~~

Lisa is working SOOO hard
for her precious Pockets !!!!!
:heart: :wub: :heart:

Can you PLEASE help them ??!!??
:wub: :angel: :wub:

Either a one time donation or a monthly sponsorship . . .

Remember ~ no amount is too small . . .
it ALL adds up to help "theloveforpockets" !!!!

Pockets REALLY needs these treatments and medicine.
And they need YOUR help to pay for them each month !!!!!

:wub: :wub:

I know this little family will be eternally grateful for any and
ALL help you might be able to contribute !!!!!

Thank you SOO much in advance !!!!

:angel:

Sending ALL of our LOVE,
always and forever,

Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

:heart: :heart:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users