Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Junior - Mastiff X with testicular infection, tumor, torsion

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Diagnosis: Testicular infection, tumor, possible testicular torsion
Low end of estimate: $474
Less applicant contribution: -$25.
Needed for low end of estimate: $449
4% of $449 for IMOM operating expenses: $18
Fundraising goal: $467
Spayed or neutered: No, but will be during surgery
Caseworker: Laurie

Junior is a handsome 8-month-old Mastiff X with a testicular infection, tumor, and possible testicular torsion. He needs to be neutered (a potentially more complex surgery due to possible torsion), have the tumor biopsied, and receive a course of antibiotics to fight the testicular infection. Junior needs treatment as soon as possible; if the infection is not addressed and the swelling relieved within the testicle, he may become septic, which is seriously life-threatening.

Here's what Junior's human mom has to say about him:

Junior is a 8 month old Mastiff X that recently came to join our family. He has a testicular torsion that has caused him pain and inflammation and resulted in a severe infection. He is running a very high fever and is really lethargic, we took him to the emergency vet and he is now at our regular vet.

We are hoping that Junior can have his surgery on Wednesday. His humans have already spent more than $600 on his treatment, and they need our help.

If you are able to help Junior with his surgery, please click here to make your donation. Designate your gift "GF - Junior Taylor."

If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate the pet's name when making your donation.

Thank you for considering a donation to help Junior.

Laurie / IMOM

Attached File  Junior-small.jpg   86.93K   1 downloads

Huckleberry Hound

Huckleberry Hound

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 368 posts
Always willing to help a little guy that needs a neuter.  Praying for a good outcome on the biopsy.

THANK YOU for taking this guy in.  Every animal deserves a home that cares.  And thank you IMOM for caring enough to help him too.

BLACK DOGS RULE!!!
Pick the Adoption Option - Rescue One in Need

VivaleChat

VivaleChat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
I'm with Rover's Raiders, happy to support a neuter!  Sending $14 to help this doggy who is probably in a lot of pain!

:eight:

4paws

4paws
  • Members
  • 8 posts
We are anxiously awaiting to hear from our vet to see how Junior faired last night, we are so worried. Im so so thankful IMOM is here to help pets in need. What a great organazation with wonderful supporters. After Junior is well and we get past all this i will love to help other pets in need, Even $10 makes a huge difference when pet lovers pull together for the sake of a dog....Thanks IMOM and supporters, you guys are a angels....

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,697 posts
Welcome to IMOM and THANK YOU for saving this boy...

You said that he had been living out side...BLESS YOU for rescuing him and letting him inside...

I know that mastiffs are such loving dogs...and they are so loyal...I know a wonderful mastiff named Chief and he is something...he weights ALOT but his personality is SO SWEET...

Can you tell us a little about this boy???  You said in Introductions that you had other animals also...all rescues...can you tell us how they like Junior??

He has such a SAD look with that dreaded cone on...

Will be anxious to hear what the vet has to say this morning...

IMOM angels...this little boy is in PAIN....Judy

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

**DONATION UPDATE**     Junior has received $102 so far   :aktion033:

Thank you so much Angels for all your support, we couldn't do this without you.

Remember that no donation is ever too small.

If you can help Junior please click Donate  and mark your gift " Junior Taylor"

Even if you cannot donate, please share his story with all your friends and post him on your social networking pages.

Tammy-IMOM

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

After speaking with the Vet, IMOM has opted to pledge the balance needed to get Junior into surgery right away this morning.

He shouldn't be made to wait any longer, as his condition is very serious.

All paws are crossed for Junior to have a smooth surgery. :pawprint:

Thank you to all our donors who also contribute to our General Fund, that made our pledge today possible. We love you all !

Tammy-IMOM

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,401 posts
Well, I wil just have to donate to the General Fund in that case!  (Tomorrow is payday!).  I hope all goes well for Junior in surgery today.  I will be thinking very postitive thoughts for him.

Once again, thanks to IMOM for helping out another dog in need.

Judy G.

4paws

4paws
  • Members
  • 8 posts
Junior's surgery went well and he is already perked up, i will pick him up tomorrow morning. Junior has only lived with us a short couple weeks and acclimated to indoor life really well. He loves our other dog's and cats and adores children. Such a gentle giant....Our other 2 dogs have recently had heatlh issues  that required surgery (rather costly) and the histopaths showed they have mast cell tumors (cancerous) so my family was in no position to take on Junior when we did since we were still recovering from the financial stress of the other two dogs medical care, we just couldnt leave Junior to live the way he was living. Thanks again so much to IMOM and supporters i cant express how grateful my family is to you all.....Will let you know how Junior is tomorrow...

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
I'm so happy to read that Junior's surgery went well! I hope by now he is back home with you, and I'm looking forward to your update.

I'm going to move Junior's thread to Happy Endings. Thanks to all of the angels who helped make this possible for Junior and his family!

4paws

4paws
  • Members
  • 8 posts
Junior came home this morning and is like a new dog, he is feeling great. Actually have to keep on him to stay calm and quite.  Totally different dog than when he went into the vet...His appetite is great and he was so happy to see the kids when they got home from school...I cant thank IMOM enough Junior wouldnt have lived if not for the surgery. Thanks so much for saving Junior....After we recover from the financial strains from the animals the past couple months our family has already decided we would love to donate to help other pets in need.......

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,762 posts
I told my Junior about your Junior; and we are both thrilled to hear the news on his recovery.

Thank you for not turning your back when he needed you.
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

4paws

4paws
  • Members
  • 8 posts
Here is another picture of Junior. He feels like a a million bucks now and is hard to keep calm and quiet... So so happy he is okay....Thanks again to everyone for your help. Im so grateful to you all....Hoping next month we can pay it forward and help a pet and their family when they need it...

4paws

4paws
  • Members
  • 8 posts
The picture isnt showing up, not sure what i did wrong......Sorry....

View Post4paws, on 06 December 2011 - 08:59 AM, said:

Here is another picture of Junior. He feels like a a million bucks now and is hard to keep calm and quiet... So so happy he is okay....Thanks again to everyone for your help. Im so grateful to you all....Hoping next month we can pay it forward and help a pet and their family when they need it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users