Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Storm Barber - 10-week-old puppy

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Diagnosis: Megaesophagus with a Vascular Ring Anomaly
Low end of estimate: $3000.
Less applicant contribution: -$500.
Less other contributions: Cornell patient assistance fund -$600; Jake Foundation -$400; All4Pets -$400; NYC Group -$100.
Needed for low end of estimate: $1000
4% of $1000 for IMOM operating expenses: $40
Fundraising goal: $1040
Spayed or neutered: No, as only 10 weeks old and medically not safe at this time
Caseworker: Laurie

RAISED SO FAR: $605
STILL NEEDED: $0

Storm is a 10-week-old Australian Shepherd puppy; two weeks ago, she was given to her new human mom for free as she was the runt of the litter. Storm has since been diagnosed with megaesophagus. She has been on a liquid diet since the diagnosis and her health is deteriorating. Storm needs radiographs and then placement of a feeding tube so she can receive the nutrition she needs. She also needs surgery to address the megaesophagus. Otherwise, her health and quality of life will continue to deteriorate, and ultimately she faces euthanasia.

Here is what Storm's human mom has to say about her:

Hello, I have a ten week old Australian Sheperd who desperately needs your help! She has had trouble keeping her food down. She was diagnosed with Megaesophagus with a Vascular Ring Anomaly, that is only correctible through surgery at Cornell that I cannot afford. Please help before it is too late.

If you are able to help Storm with surgery, please click here to make your donation. Designate your gift "GF - Storm Barber."

If you prefer, you may also make a direct donation via PayPal by specifying paypal@imom.org as the recipient. Don't forget to indicate the pet's name when making your donation.

Thank you for considering a donation to help Storm.

Laurie / IMOM

Attached Files

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,876 posts
Calling all Angels...Time to make the Magic happen again for this darling baby. Storm has a wonderful life waiting for her with a loving family..all she needs is to get through this bump in the road.

In honor of Kitty Kitty who caught the Angel Shuttle to the Rainbow Bridge, I am making a donation to get the fund raisiing started. Whenever I got to Petsmart for food (lots of food), I turn around and find a huge line behind me while I am checking out. I hope the line will be even longer for this baby.

Hang in there Storm...you have Magic Kitty and all the Angels working for you. Pretty soon, you will be all fixed up and happy in your new home

Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,876 posts
To Storm's Mommy:

I would also suggest you contact red rover...tell them you are working with IMOM ...they will sometimes be able to provide that last 100- 200 dollars needed to get to All Funds Raised. They respond quickly, so make sure that you are by your phone when you contact them.

Hang in there...and post lots and lots.. tell everyone about Storm and pictures are really good as well. Miracles happen here at IMOM and I know you will be one of the success stories !

I have sent my special Kitty Angels and Rainbow Kitties and my own special Angel Kitty to watch over Storm until she is all better.

Kathy and the Magical Beach Kitties (who are sleeping right now because is is HOT ! in Florida)

Stormyweatherclearskies

Stormyweatherclearskies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thank you so much to everyone that has donated already. It is so awesome to see there are so many people out there with such big hearts that are willing to support those in need. I am so excited that people have already donated it just makes me feel like the surgery Storm needs can be done really soon! She is such a happy puppy that loves to play, she just can't hold her food down so she can't live the normal puppy life she wants to. Since she can't eat she isn't really growing and she can only play a little before she has to stop. She has gained a pound since I got her but she is 10 weeks old and is not even 3 pounds, so she is much smaller than she should be. She loves to eat and I can't wait for her to be able to do it on her own and hold it down. Right now I feed her in an upright position and hold her for thirty minutes after to try to help her hold her food down, which works sometimes but it also doesn't work sometimes. Thanks again to everyone who is supporting us!

Nicole and Storm

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,035 posts
Please angels, can u help this wee pupper? She has a furever home now, and deserves a chance to live and get and give lots of love. She's only a baby...

Please help if u can.

Hugs to Storm.

Cindy and the boyz
Posted Image

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
Hi Nicole,

I am very glad to see that Storm was approved for fundraising.  Sending in my donation-can't stand that poor little Storm is unable to hold food down, when food is such a big part of my life! :)   I couldn't eat all that Thanksgiving food if I didn't chip in to help Storm get her surgery.

Storm is lucky she found you.  Keep up the good work finding money for her.  She is a doll.

Judy G.

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Storm has $235 in donations! Thank you, angels!

She now needs $805 to reach All Funds Raised.

Stormyweatherclearskies

Stormyweatherclearskies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thank you so much it amazes me how many amazing and compassionate people there are on this site. Storm looks at me with a look like "monny please help me" I can't stand to see her with that look anymore so I am taking her in on friday through emergency, because when I called to schedule the soonest they could get was in mid december. I cannot make her wait that long. She has to have a feeding tube for two or three days before surgery and IMOM said they will not close my donation page until she acually undergoes the surgery. So I hope to come close to my goal by monday. I only need half down to submit her into surgery so I can do it, but the balance that is left is due when she is discharged, so if I dont have the rest raised I am not sure what will happen. All I know is that they can't undo the surgery so I don't have it in my heart to make her wait becuase I am waiting to raise more money. So thank you so much to everyone who has already helped and to those who help before her case is closed!

Hope everyone has a great holiday....I can't help but thinking about the comment posted that says they wouldn't be able to eat thier thanksgiving meal without donating to help Storm be able to eat soon herself. Thank you!

Nicole and Storm

Stormyweatherclearskies

Stormyweatherclearskies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Unfortunately I cannot take her on Friday like I want to. Everyone is not back in the office until Mon and even if I take her through emergency the surgeon will not be called to even put her feeding tube in until Monday unless she is dying on the spot. This really saddens me because she is suffering and I hate the idea of making her go four more days when I have the money raised for half of the cost so she can be admitted. I just feel like whenever I see a little bit of hope it is quickly diminished with steps backward that I have no control over. I just want to help my baby and I really am stressing and am very upset with this. I know that everyone is working with me to try to help but I just feel like Thanksgiving really is affecting what I am able to do for her. I just hope that I can get ahold of someone first thing monday mornng and they tell me I can bring her in. I just need to be told something positive at this point. Thank you to everyone who is helping Storm and I will keep you updated on anything that happens. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Nicole and Storm

Stormyweatherclearskies

Stormyweatherclearskies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say thank you again for the support and help we have recieved this far! These days are going soooo slow for me because I just want it to be monday so I can take her in. Its supposed to be my vacation and I am not enjoying it at all becuase my baby is suffering.

Have a good one!
Nicole and Storm

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
Hi Nicole,

I'm sorry you are having such a bad week with Storm.  I know it must be incredibly stressful for you to have to wait through a very long weekend.  It's too bad they were  not able to do the feeding tube today, at least. :(  Hang in there, and keep taking such good care of Storm to keep her fed and her strength up for her surgery when it does come.

I hope the next few days bring good news about the amount of funds raised.  

Take care,

Judy G.

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Hello angels, hope everyone had a very happy Thanksgiving.

I'm very happy to tell you that Storm has $325 in donations! That's almost a third of the way to her fundraising goal! She just needs $715 to reach All Funds Raised.

Storm's mom is working very hard to get her baby all fixed up. If you can make a donation of any size, I know how grateful they both will be. No amount is too small!

Stormyweatherclearskies

Stormyweatherclearskies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hello All,

Storm is doing well today....only one more day and I can finally help her. Im excited beyond words! Thank you so much to everyone who has helped and continues to help me and Storm! She is so precious and I cannot wait for her to be able to live a happy puppy life! Thanks again!

Nicole and Storm

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,899 posts
Nicole, keep up the good job of posting...it's the best thing that you can do on the forum...

I can see how strong your love is for this pup...I was out of town for a few days and raced to the forum to see how things were going...

Post, Post and then Post some more...the angels are reading even when they are not posting...I hope that you've had some success with other organizations to help with some funding...

Your little girls is SO cute...I hope that tomorrow goes well, I'll be checking in tomorrow to see what's going on...Judy

Also wondering if you've posted on facebook about Storm and IMOM?  Ask your friends to post Storm's story on their wall and ask them to ask their friends to do the same...

Here is a link of other groups that might be able to help...

http://www.humanesoc...ording_pet.html

Also Red Rover (which was formerly United Animal Nation)...

It sure can't hurt to ask...even if you have to hear a few no's, one yes can really help...the more help the merrier

Edited by Judy, 27 November 2011 - 08:32 PM.

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,035 posts
Nicole, Judy is right-posting is the most important thing u can do here. Even if u don't get a reply-post again- people are reading. Facebook is a great place to post abt Storm, and if u aren't on FB maybe a friend can help out by posting-in fact ask all ur friends to post abt it.

Please angels can u help this wee puppy? No amount is too small.

Hugs to Storm,
Cindy and the boyz
Posted Image

rocody

rocody

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 344 posts

View Postk9sign, on 28 November 2011 - 08:45 AM, said:

Nicole, Judy is right-posting is the most important thing u can do here. Even if u don't get a reply-post again- people are reading. Facebook is a great place to post abt Storm, and if u aren't on FB maybe a friend can help out by posting-in fact ask all ur friends to post abt it.

Please angels can u help this wee puppy? No amount is too small.

Hugs to Storm,
Cindy and the boyz

Please angels lets give this precious baby girl a chance at life, she so deserves it.
Thank you
Rose

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,876 posts
Hi Nicole and Storm,

Keep posting...if you can..post pictures of Storm so everyone can fall in love with her. Also, I would suggest applying for help from the other groups listed on this site..many of them work with IMOM and will help = especially when you get close to your goal.

Storm is so adorable..I hope she can get help soon

Kathy

Stormyweatherclearskies

Stormyweatherclearskies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi All,

I thought that I posted yesterday but apparently I didn't, sorry. I am really stressed out. I took her to Cornell and left her there. I will not know until tomorrow when the actual surgery is scheduled for. I wish I had more pictures of her but unfortunately they are all on my phone and it won't let me send them to my computer to post them :(. I wish everyone could see her in person, I know you would all fall in love immeidatly. Storm is so sweet and loving and deserves to be happy. Please cross your fingers and say a few words for Storm, she needs everyone now more than ever. It broke my heart to leave her today and I can't focus on anything. Please help me raise the rest of the money I need, I had enough raised today to pay the deposit needed to submit her but the rest is due at pickup. I am not sure what will happen if I don't have it, but I hope that I don't have to find out. Thank you to everyone!

Nicole and Storm

Stormyweatherclearskies

Stormyweatherclearskies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I forgot to tell everyone that I do have a facebook page set up for Storm, I am not that good on there so someone else made it for me. I have applied to every possible resource I could find, while I did get a few no's I got enough yes' to have her submitted. Thanks for all the advice, I am still applying and following up on ones that I have not heard from. Take care everyone.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,899 posts
Nicole, we are here for you to lean on...I can't imagine how stressful and upsetting this is...I know how I worry when our dogs are just having routine procedures...

Do you think Storm's breeder would help with any funds for the surgery?  Do they know what is going on?

Perhaps you can go to a yahoo breed group to see if they have a wall to post to and tell Storm's story there...they don't always let you solicit so you'll have to read their rules closely, but it's worth a try...

KEEP STRONG, Storm needs you...I just bumped up her page on the IMOM facebook page and will share it on my wall and ask my friends to do the same....

HANG IN THERE...be strong...Storm is in good hands...Judy

Nicole, another thing...contact Cornell and see if Storm qualifies for qualifies for the patient assistance criteria. Apparently they have to be fairly young in age and the surgery they need has to have a good prognosis and this sounds as if Storm qualifies...it sure is worth a try...if they say YES, it sure would help ALOT...

Edited by Judy, 28 November 2011 - 07:52 PM.

Team Mia

Team Mia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
[size="3"]Judy, I believe it says she was granted the Patient Assistant fund at the top of this page.  I only know this because I read it and decided to call Cornell about it myself. ;) Nicole, I think it is really neat that we are going to the same place.  After Mia's surgery consult I felt like she couldn't be going to a better place.  You can really tell that they know what they are doing.  This is so important when you are leaving your beloved pet in their hands. :)

-Kelly

[/size]

Nicole, another thing...contact Cornell and see if Storm qualifies for qualifies for the patient assistance criteria. Apparently they have to be fairly young in age and the surgery they need has to have a good prognosis and this sounds as if Storm qualifies...it sure is worth a try...if they say YES, it sure would help ALOT...
[/quote]
"It's by chance we met, by choice we became friends." -Unknown

Posted Image

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,876 posts
Hi

Is the number at the top of the page the current amount needed for this little Angel?  I have forwarded her pin page to my friend out west to send to her contacts. Maybe we can get some west coast money for her !

Stay strong Storm, help is on the way !

Kathy and the Magical Beach Kitties

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts

View PostBeauty, on 29 November 2011 - 11:03 AM, said:

Hi

Is the number at the top of the page the current amount needed for this little Angel?

Hi Kathy, the number at the top of the page is correct. Storm has $325 in donations. Thank you for helping to spread the word!

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
Do we know when surgery is planned?  I worry she will have surgery before all funds are raised and fundraising will stop...I can donate more, but not until Thursday (the 1st).

Judy G.

Stormyweatherclearskies

Stormyweatherclearskies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for all the posts with encouraging words I really appreciate it. I just recieved a call from Cornell that said Storm will go in for surgery around 3:00. This means that IMOM will close my donation page at this time, so all that I have raised will be all that they can put towards it.

Thank you for sharing her page with others, we only have a couple hours left and I am hoping we can get a little closer to my goal. Every lttle bit helps.

I will let everyone know how she does tonight, I am on my lunch break right now, and I work until 5:30 and have class until 9:30 so I usually get home by 10. I will post then. Please please please cross your fingers for Storm. Cornell has made it clear that she needs all the help she can get. I really want my baby to pull through this! Thanks again!

Nicole and Storm

rocody

rocody

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 344 posts

View PostStormyweatherclearskies, on 29 November 2011 - 01:01 PM, said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for all the posts with encouraging words I really appreciate it. I just recieved a call from Cornell that said Storm will go in for surgery around 3:00. This means that IMOM will close my donation page at this time, so all that I have raised will be all that they can put towards it.

Thank you for sharing her page with others, we only have a couple hours left and I am hoping we can get a little closer to my goal. Every lttle bit helps.

I will let everyone know how she does tonight, I am on my lunch break right now, and I work until 5:30 and have class until 9:30 so I usually get home by 10. I will post then. Please please please cross your fingers for Storm. Cornell has made it clear that she needs all the help she can get. I really want my baby to pull through this! Thanks again!

Nicole and Storm

rocody

rocody

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 344 posts
Kelly that is wonderful news. My prayers are with you both. I am sure everything is going to be wonderful.
Rose

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,899 posts
Nicole...you hang in there and be PROUD...you took this baby in and she needs all the help she can get...

We are here for you both...

I am going to start searching to see if I can find some funds to make a donation BEFORE surgery begins...I hope others will join me...Judy

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,876 posts
Hi

Did you contact the Onyx and Breezy Foundation?  Sometimes they help even after surgery .

Also, Red Rover often will come through for between 100-300 dollars.

I have asked all my Angel Kitties to watch over Strorm and get her safely through this crisis so she can have a wonderful life with a loving family

Kathy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,899 posts
I can come up with $75.00....will anyone join me in a MATCH?  I feel that others can help and we can add more funds to help this little girl out...

PLEASE...even $5.00 will help...I don't usually ask for donations, I think that cross posting is the way to go, BUT...Storm is going into surgery SOON and we don't have the time to wait...As soon as I post this I am going to add my donation...SO...please...can anyone do the same???  Judy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users