Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Samantha Custard

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Lisa_O

Lisa_O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Tammy, thanks for the update.  Everyone at IMOM, thank you for getting her to surgery.

DorothyCustard

DorothyCustard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thank you to you all!  Samantha is in surgery!  We are keeping her in our prayers.  Thank you to this wonderful community of people that have opened their hearts and wallets to our little girl....and so many others.  I have been on this forum a lot in the last 24 hours and have read so many stories of pets that were provided important medical care because of the kind donations of others.  It is so great to see how many wonderful people are out there.

Dorothy and Frank Custard

DorothyCustard

DorothyCustard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Just wanted to let you know that Samantha is out of surgery and resting.  

Thank you so much to all the angels that were involved in the fundraising.  Whether you provided monetary support, prayers, or outreach to other sources, we want you to know that we appreciate all that you do.

IMOM is such a great organization that is filled with volunteers and members that truly care about pets and their owners.

Thank you again.
The Custards

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
That is GREAT news!  I hope she has a comfortable night and feels a bit better in the morning!

Chris

mikken

mikken

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 286 posts
So glad to hear that she's out of surgery!  May she be feeling much better very soon!

Lisa_O

Lisa_O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Dorothy, so glad to hear she is out of surgery.  I hope she can make a good recovery and be home with you all soon.  Sending lots of love to you and your sweet girl.

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
That's wonderful news !!!!!

I don't know how long she will have to be at the vets to recover, however, you maywant to take her something with your scent on it - a towel or a tee shirt (one that you wouldn't mind losing, in case) - and that might help her not feel like she's been left alone.

Sending prayers and keeping fingers, toes, paws and whiskers crossed she will have an easy recovery and be home with both very soon.

:hugs:
Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

:felineicon:

:heart:  :heart:

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,937 posts
Hoping that Samantha is doing well today and beginning her journey to getting home and getting her diabetes under control...

I know the IMOM angels would love to hear an update...we are all worry warts...Judy

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
Any news on how Samantha did overnight?

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,937 posts
I know that no news is good news...Dale tells me that all the time BUT I am getting a little anxious to hear how Samantha is doing...hoping she is at home recovering....and then getting ready to work on her insulin issues...Judy

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
Has anyone from IMOM heard from Dorothy or the vet as to how Samantha did?  I have been hoping and praying for good news and now I am worried.

Chris

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,914 posts
Not a word.

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

DorothyCustard

DorothyCustard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thank you so much for all those who helped us with Samantha.  I tried posting on Friday, but I guess the post got lost when she was moved to the "All Funds Raised" forum.  I wanted to tell everyone that she is resting comfortably.

It is truly amazing how many people can come together to help a pet in need.  All of the assistance that we received is much appreciated.  We know that it was a combination of monetary donations, prayers, online outreach, great veterinary care, and Tammy coordinating all the IMOM efforts that made each step more possible.  

All the IMOM Angels, are truly angels!  I spent a lot of time in this, and other forums, and have seen the wonderful work that you do.

Thank you again!
The Custards  :pp_animal_568:

kuhio98

kuhio98

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,629 posts
Thank you for the update.  I was getting worried -- immagining the worst.  

Sweet Samantha ~ I wish you many happy and healthy years.  I hope you and your people will become IMOMers and give us an update every now and then.  

Gentle hugs while you're healing.  

Lisa http://www.goodsearch.com/ for IMOM ~ Earn a penny for IMOM with every search!
Also check out the Shopping function from GoodSearch

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
So happy to hear Dorothy !!!! :)  Was also worried along with all the Aunties !! :wub:

Please give Samantha LOTS of special get well kisses from me.  Praying for an easy and swift recovery, and many more happy and healthy years together.

As Lisa said, I hope you become IMOM'ers, and please come back to let us know how sweet Samantha is doing.

:hugs: and Love to you all from,

DorothyCustard

DorothyCustard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thank you again everyone.  Thank you so much for keeping Samantha in your thoughts.  You don't know how much it is appreciated.  The IMOM organization will stay a part of our hearts and we will continue to give you all updates.  

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,937 posts
I am so glad that Samantha did well with her surgery...and is home again...

What is going on with the diabetes now?  I am guessing that she has to get thru her recovery and then they will begin working to get her regulated...Judy

DorothyCustard

DorothyCustard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
She was having a tough road to recovery trying to heal from surgery and get her diabetes under control.  She is doing well.  We are so grateful to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!  Over the last week or so, I have seen the last few pets that you all have helped.  It is truly amazing what you all do!!!!

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
That's so great to hear Dorothy !!!!  :)  I know the diabetes may be a little scary in the beginning - but once you get her regulated, and keep her on schedule, I know y'all will do fine.  I 'will' tell you, it will be the closest relationship you will ever form with one your fur babies.

I hope y'all had a very special Thanksgiving !!
Posted Image

Please give Samantha lots of special kisses and gentle *GET WELL HUGS* from me.  We're sending you and hubby LOTS of GREAT :hugs: and sending ALL of you,

MUCH LOVE,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users