Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Samantha Custard

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts
Diagnosis: Pyometra & Uncontrolled Diabetes
Low end of Estimate:  
$1312
Less Owner contribution:  $100 ( all other funds exhausted)
Needed for low end of Estimate:
$1212 + 4%  for IMOM operating expenses = $48
Our Fund Raising Goal:   $1260
Spayed:
Will be during surgery
Volunteer case worker: Tammy

****ALL FUNDS RAISED ****

Samantha is a 7 year old Heeler Mix who has been diagnosed with Pyometra and uncontrolled diabetes.

This little girl is in big trouble and we must act now!

For anyone who doesn't know, Pyometra is a lethal infection of the uterus and must be removed ASAP via emergency spay or this pet will die!

Along with Samantha being so ill from the Pyo, she is also battling diabetes that is not controlled.

Her wonderful vet has already given her multiple medications and insulin to try to get it under control and to help her, to be able to keep food down.

Samantha needs her strength, as she must have her life saving surgery at Noon on Friday (Central Time).

Angels, we have to go go go on this one!  Cross-Post this thread far and wide. Let's tell anyone and everyone that Samantha needs our help.

TO DONATE TO THIS PIN or you can donate to paypal@imom.org, please mark your gift "GF-Samantha Custard"

Thank you to everyone who continues to support our Pets In Need! We couldn't do this without you.

Tammy-IMOM

Please meet the sweet Samantha

Edited by Tammy IMOM, 11 November 2011 - 06:18 PM.
Donation total update

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
Hang in there little Samantha!  Donation coming your way!     Will IMOM be able to help any with Samantha's future needs for the diabetes?

Chris

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,914 posts

View Postgdane3, on 10 November 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

Hang in there little Samantha!  Donation coming your way!     Will IMOM be able to help any with Samantha's future needs for the diabetes?

Chris
Unfortunately, we aren't able to take any new sponsor cases at this time.  BUT, this clinic is doing everything they can to make sure those needs are met:  we're helping solve the immediate issue and they'll take it from there.  We love this practice because they are so caring and go the extra mile for their clients.  We'll be hearing from them this evening, I believe.

Thanks for caring about sweet Samantha!

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
Thanks Cindy!   Clinics like that are SO hard to find lately!!  Samantha is one lucky little girl and I will be keeping her and her family in my prayers!

Chris

DorothyCustard

DorothyCustard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello fellow animal lovers!

My husband and I are kindly requesting your assistance with our little Samantha.  She is in desperate need of surgery for a pyometra and to get things started to regulate her uncontrolled diabetes.  We were unaware of her ailments until she became pretty ill a couple of days ago.  She was just not acting herself and drinking lots and lots of water.  Although her tail has never stopped wagging for us, her eyes tell us that she is just..."sick as a dog".  Her doctor tells us that she is in desperate need of emergency surgery or we could lose her.  They have helped us out with some of the initial things that need to be done, but the surgery is imperative.

We are a retired couple living on a very low fixed income.  She is our world and provides us with much joy.  We provide for her, but this is something that is well beyond our financial means.  Samantha is such a loving dog that is much more than a pet for us, but part of our family.  We do not have any relatives that live near by, so she is all the extra company that we have.  She loves to run and play outside...but is not doing much of this right now....

Please help us raise the funds so she can get the surgery she so desperately needs.  My husband and I thank you in advance for any support that can be given.  

Samantha thanks you as well, and is sending a wet nose kiss all your way.

Thank you
Dorothy Custard

DorothyCustard

DorothyCustard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Please keep putting out the word for our Samantha!  She desperately needs the surgery tomorrow!  Since we are approaching the weekend, the procedure needs to be done tomorrow because can't do surgery over the weekend.  She cannot wait until Monday for fund raising.  Anything you can spare would be greatly appreciated.  

We missed having her with us today while she was at her doctor's office.  She is next to us morning till night.  Even though it was a little chilly today, I know that she would have enjoyed a romp around the yard while Frank and I drank our coffee.  She missed her date with us in the living room watching the Today Show this morning as well.  Matt Lauer is her favorite...and mine too!  Where in the world is he?!  I thought of her when Matt was visiting with the yodelling dog.  I thought that he was so smart, but I know that Samantha would just think that he was showing off!  She is pretty smart herself...she has trained US very well.

I am keeping my spirits up and praying that the funds can be raised for our baby!!!!!!

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
PLEASE Angels.....we only have overnight to raise the funds needed for Samantha to have her surgery tomorrow.  This is definately a life threatening emergency.  Closed Pyo's CANNOT wait....even overnight her system has to fight this building infection and being a diabetic on top of it is a lot to ask of any dog!
If you can help, please do so now!

Chris

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

We are on our way Angels, we have received $150  in donations so far. Thank you very much!

We have to make Magic happen for Samantha! She is counting on us!

Let's all pack our lunches, skip those fancy coffees, raid those piggy banks and dig in those couch cushions!

Remember that no donation is ever to small, it will all add up to help save the life of this sweet girl.

To Donate To Samantha

Please mark your gift "GF-Samantha Custard" Please crosspost her story to all your friends and on all your social networking websites!

Thank you to all for your support of Samantha! We will update donation totals again in the morning!

Tammy-IMOM

Edited by Tammy IMOM, 10 November 2011 - 11:46 PM.
Donation total update

Lisa_O

Lisa_O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Just donated.  Samantha is beautiful and I so hope people will come through for her.  Poor sweet girl.

DorothyCustard

DorothyCustard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU   TO LISA_O FOR YOUR DONATION.  ALSO A BIG THANK YOU TO THE ANGELS THAT HAVE GOTTEN OUR GIRL $95 CLOSER TO FEELING BETTER!

SENDING A BIG WAGGING TAIL FROM SAMANTHA TO YOU ALL!!!  Posted Image

mikken

mikken

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 284 posts
Donated!  All our best healing energy to Samantha.

4lucy

4lucy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I'm going to make a donation as soon as I finish writing this.  I've gotta give something to a fellow heeler family.  My dog Daisy is a red heeler so I know the joy and love these special dogs can give.  Samantha looks like a sweetheart!  I hope she gets the help she needs Friday. :)

DorothyCustard

DorothyCustard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
thank you so much mikken and 4lucy.  We really appreciate it!!! We are getting closer to having our baby back to her normal self.  You guys are amazing!!!  
Give Daisy a big hug from us!!

DorothyCustard

DorothyCustard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thank you IMOM Angels for helping raise funds for Samantha's surgery and treatment.  Please continue to put your feelers out for anything contribution that can be spared.  

We have put all of our savings into the treatment that she will need!  She is also needing lots of after care that our savings is going towards with the help of the clinic that is going to be taking care of her.  She misses us terribly while she is at the doctor's office...and we miss her.  My husband and I have been unable to drive for a few years now, so one of Samantha's vet nurses picked her up from our house yesterday morning.  She did not want to go.  She wanted to stay with us, but I told her that she was going to get better.  My husband has been worried about her as well.  We don't want to lose her.  

Thank you
Dorothy

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts
~~~~~UPDATE~~~~~

Good morning Angels, We now have $400 in donations with $860 left to raise.

Thank you all so much to those of you who have kindly donated and also shared Samantha's story.

We have exactly 4 hours until surgery time!!! I know we can do this. We can make this happen for sweet Samantha

Every dollar can make a difference!

To Donate To Samantha
  or directly from your paypal account  paypal@imom.org,  please be sure to mark your gift "GF-Samantha Custard"

Hang in there Sam, the Angels are trying really hard for you! Keep spreading the word far and wide, this little gal cannot wait over the weekend for her surgery.

Tammy-IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,889 posts
One of my dear friends, Melissa Klawon lost one of her loves yesterday...in memory of Owen Klawon I will match the next $100.00 to help get Samantha to her surgery!!!  PLEASE take my money...Owen was so loved and so is Samantha...I will tell Melissa that I am doing this for her and Dan's Owen..Judy

Edited by Judy, 11 November 2011 - 09:25 AM.

Jacki IMOM

Jacki IMOM

IMOM Founder

• IMOM Founder
  • 3,214 posts
Look at that precious face! She looks like she is saying, "I feel so bad. Please help me get better"

Please make a donation if you can and help us get the word out that this baby girl needs help.

Click here
Jacki and Magic, IMOM Founders

Pyometra is a serious uterine infection that is potentially fatal and can occur in unspayed animals. Spay and neuter -- it's the right thing to do!

DorothyCustard

DorothyCustard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thank you Judy and Jackie and all of the IMOM Angels.  Samantha has really started to go down hill this morning.  We are very worried about her since her decline has been rapid.  The pet nurses are on their way to pick her up from us to be evaluted by the doctor this morning.  Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.  As soon as she has been looked at by her doctor I will update you on on her present condition.  She is trying so hard to hang in there and so are we.  Thank you for all of the contributions towards her care.  I know that not all contributions to Samantha's cause could be monetary, but all the prayers and good thoughts are being sent her way as well.  We will keep you posted as soon as we know more news.

Dorothy Custard :spot

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,889 posts
Dorothy, will Samantha be staying at the clinic this morning in preparation for her surgery??

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,471 posts
Dorothy,

I am sorry to hear that Samantha is not doing well, and I am sending a donation of $25 to take some of Judy's matching funds.  :)

Thinking positive thoughts for Samantha.

Judy G.

DorothyCustard

DorothyCustard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Judy,

Thank you.   Yes she will be staying at the clinic this morning.  They actually just got to my house to get her and are on the way back with her to have the doctor assess her current condition.  We live a little ways from the clinic so she should be back there in a little bit.  They gotta drive careful  because they are transporting precious cargo.  Thank you ALL for all of the prayers and concern.  We will continue to keep you updated.

Thank you thank you thank you to Judy G.  We truly appreciate it!!

Dorothy and Frank

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,889 posts
I have GREAT FAITH in the IMOM angels so I am sending in my $100.00 RIGHT NOW...

PLEASE, Samantha is just about to the clinic and if we work really hard we can make her surgery happen RIGHT ON SCHEDULE.....Judy

Lisa_O

Lisa_O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Judy, I am donating $50 more now.  Thanks for doing that.  I

DorothyCustard

DorothyCustard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thank you Judy!  Based on what time they left, she should be to the clinic soon to see her doctor today.  I soon as I know something I will let you all know.  

We are sending ALL of you lots of thanks, love, and appreciation!

Dorothy

DorothyCustard

DorothyCustard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Lisa_O.... wow!  thank you so much.  

Dorothy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,889 posts
I got my $100.00 sent in and it seems as if there's a little left on the challenge...Let's keep it up...even if it isn't matched we can still help this sweet girl...

You know, it's IMOM's 13th Anniverary today...what a nice way to say Happy Anniversary IMOM...by saving a special pet...

PLUS, it so nice to hear that the vet clinic is so wonderful...how nice are they...coming to pick up Samantha to bring her in...and Dorothy, you're right...they had precious cargo on board!!!  Judy

mikken

mikken

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 284 posts
I'll take you up on your challenge, Judy!  Donation sent!

Lisa_O

Lisa_O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Judy, my donation is now complete. Confession: I was on a work call and thought it went through and just logged back on and my session had timed out.  It's done now!

Lisa_O

Lisa_O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
How much more is needed?  I hope we can get her into surgery ASAP.

ETA:  It is now noon.  What has happened?  Very concerned.

Edited by Lisa_O, 11 November 2011 - 01:04 PM.

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts
UPDATE:  Thank you all so much to those who have donated

Samantha is in surgery right now. We heard back from the vet and there was absolutely no further time to wait. She needed to go in.

IMOM has pledged the remaining $565 that was needed to make this happen today. We are grateful to those who contribute to our General Fund, which makes these types of pledges possible.

We simply could not do this without our amazing donors!

We are holding good thoughts for a smooth and successful surgery!

Tammy-IMOM

Edited by Tammy IMOM, 11 November 2011 - 06:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users