Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Gellybean Marr

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Laura IMOM

Laura IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 766 posts
Attached File  IMG_0150.JPG   229.82K   10 downloads
Diagnosis: Unknown - needs diagnostics
Low end of estimate:  $701.87
Less owner contribution:   -$0                      
Needed for low end of estimate: $701.87
4% of $701.97 for IMOM operating expenses = $28.07
Our fund raising goal is $729.94
Spayed or neutered: Neutered
Caseworker: Tammy*

Gellybean is an 11 year old Schnauzer who has been very ill for the last couple of weeks.  His vet thinks he may have some type of obstruction and we are fundraising for an ultra sound and cytology.   IMOM has already pledged $400. for xrays, which were inconclusive, therefore we need additional testing to find out what is wrong with Gellybean.  

Please consider helping Gellybean get the testing he desperately needs by making your donation here: Donation  and mark your gift, “GF - Gellybean Marr.”

(Fund updates will be provided as time allows. Please do not write to the committee to ask for updates. We will do the best we can to keep them as current as possible)

Thank you very much!

*Note: this thread was started by Laura, for Tammy.

tbear

tbear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

View PostLaura IMOM, on 30 October 2011 - 03:39 PM, said:

Attachment IMG_0150.JPG
Diagnosis: Unknown - needs diagnostics
Low end of estimate:  $701.87
Less owner contribution:   -$0                          
Needed for low end of estimate: $701.87
4% of $701.97 for IMOM operating expenses = $28.07
Our fund raising goal is $729.94
Spayed or neutered: Neutered
Caseworker: Tammy*

Gellybean is an 11 year old Schnauzer who has been very ill for the last couple of weeks.  His vet thinks he may have some type of obstruction and we are fundraising for an ultra sound and cytology.   IMOM has already pledged $400. for xrays, which were inconclusive, therefore we need additional testing to find out what is wrong with Gellybean.  

Please consider helping Gellybean get the testing he desperately needs by making your donation here: Donation  and mark your gift, "GF - Gellybean Marr."

(Fund updates will be provided as time allows. Please do not write to the committee to ask for updates. We will do the best we can to keep them as current as possible)

Thank you very much!

*Note: this thread was started by Laura, for Tammy.

Gellybean is the love of my life and has been my truest, best and only friend for 11 years. He is so sick and I do not know what I will do if I lose him. He had not eaten or drunk anything for 3 days. IMOM.org was kind enough to pay for his first set of tests and a shot to help him eat. He ate yesterday and today which was thrilling for me. He does not have a mean bone in his body and thinks the world was born to play with him. He can smile and laugh before he got so sick. I am so scared as he is my "Joyboy". I love him with all of my heart. He is a true gentleman. I am a college student at 2 colleges. One on campus and one online. I am studying to become an FBI Agent as I want to help people left behind by crime and Gellybean helps me study and keep on track. I wish you could meet him as he has a face that makes you want to pinch his cheeks as he is just so cute.
Gellybean and I really need your help. My heart is breaking for him and he is trying so hard to hang in there for me.
Please if you can help us get his needed tests I would be so thankful.
Thank you,
Teja and Gellybean

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,897 posts
Teja...keep posting...it's the BEST thing you can do right now...

Are you a member of FACEBOOK?  If so...post Gellyjeans story on your wall and ask your friends to post it on their also...

SPREAD THE WORD.....

Have you applied to Red Rover (United Animal Nation)...also, ask your vet is they are members of AAHA?

If they are, only they can apply for a one time grant to help a needy pet...the owner can't it must come from the clinic itself...

Also...here are some other places to check out...

http://www.humanesoc...ording_pet.html

GOOD LUCK...this is a very doable amount to raise...as I said...keep posting...people are reading, believe me...so the more you say the more people will see how much you love Gellybean and how hard you're trying...Judy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,032 posts
Teja, I have 2 mini schnauzers that are PIN's (Pet's In Need) here at IMOM in another forum. Normally  while we have PIN kids here we are not permitted to donate to other PIN's-- but special circumstances are allowing me to make a donation.
My mom died 4 months ago today, and some special IMOM angels set up a fund in my mom's memory so I could donate to other PIN kids.

It seems only fitting that with my mom being gone 4 months today, and Gellybean being a mini schnauzer (and the same age as Tucker), that I am donating the last of the funds given by these incredible angels.
Thank u angels for allowing me the opportunity in my mom's memory to help so many PIN kids. It has meant the world to me.

Please angels help Gellybean by donating any amount u can.

We hope Gellybean can soon have some WBD's--wiggle butt days--as u know when mini's are feeling good they start that butt to wiggling, and that wiggle goes all the way to their shoulders.
:wbd3:

Hugs to Gellybean,
Cindy, Tucker and Justice
Posted Image

tbear

tbear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thank you so much for your amazing act of generosity K9sign. I am so very sorry for the loss of your Mother and I know God has a wonderful, good,and loving person in Heaven now. I hope for good fortune for your PIN puppies. I wish I could help you too.
Gellybean is the love of my life and I do not know what I would do without him. I was not "popular" in High School and was picked on daily but Gellybean has been with me through every tear of mine and now I shed tears of worry and fear for him. I am so scared. I also feel so guilty that I cannot help him immediately and he has to suffer because of it. I am so touched with the help of IMOM.org and what they have and are doing for us. I know whiteout the shot they paid for yesterday to help him eat I would have lost him. He had not eaten or drunk anything for 3 days and going without for 4 or 5 he would have been lost to me. Also, I was able to sneak a donated pain pill in his chicken. He is resting now.
Gellybean is the kindest soul and I am so lucky that he is my friend. he has never been a pet but a real friend. he is my truest, best and only friend.
I can think of nothing sadder than watching someone so innocent, so loving, so giving as Gellybean, suffer because I do not have the money he needs for the test to finally diagnose him.
I watched a lady plunk down her credit card at the Vet's for $1500 worth of surgery for her dog. I had Gelly in my arms and I told him I wish that were me and I would do it for him if only I could. He lifted his elegant head and looked at me with his wonderful eyes and I knew he knew I would do whatever I could to help him.
I have put his story on my Facebook page as suggested and have written to every group I could.
I have asked my VET to fill out the AAHA grant and hope she will do so or I will call other VETS in my area to see if they will.
I cannot tell you how much I ache and cry for Gellybean. He is trying so hard to hang in there for me as I would for him.
Please if anyone who reads this can help my beloved Gellybean, my Joyboy, please help him. He is such a good friend.
Thank you all,
Teja and Gellybean

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,473 posts
I have been worrying about Gellybean since I read your introductory post, and I am very happy to see that he has been approved, and that he was able to eat a little today.  I sent in a donation for the little guy.  Wish it could be more.  

Judy G.

tbear

tbear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

View PostJudy G, on 30 October 2011 - 09:09 PM, said:

I have been worrying about Gellybean since I read your introductory post, and I am very happy to see that he has been approved, and that he was able to eat a little today.  I sent in a donation for the little guy.  Wish it could be more.  

Judy G.

Oh Judy Thank you so very much. I have to tell you something funny and I hope I don't gross you out.
Gelly went out for his potty walk and didn't have to be carried down the stairs because he has eaten the past 2 days. The look on his face for the 3 days before was just gut wrenching as he didn't understand why he could no longer walk and was falling over.
He had his first "poop" in 5 days and I cannot believe I am celebrating a "poop" but I am. The funny part, and I hope not gross, is that because Gelly has been eating his favorite chicken and carrots, the "poop" was orange. I had to laugh for 2 reasons. !, Halloween is tomorrow and Orange is for Halloween so it is like Gelly is "pooping" for Halloween and 2. it reminded me of the year I took Gelly to the Doggie Halloween Parade. I bought him a Darth Vader Costume and when I put it on Gelly would not move for love or treat alike. I took it back and Gelly was the hit of the Parade as Batman Doggie. We all swore that he was the only dog smiling throughout the Parade but Gelly has always been a smiler. He also has a Sherlock Holmes Coat for the Cold Night Walks and he is not fond of that coat. It is like he hopes no one will see him in that ridiculous outfit. He has never worn the cap that came with it and I can tell you I tried.
It makes me happy and tears flow as I remember the joyous times with my wondrous boy and I have to save him. I just have to.
Thank you again for caring, writing and your kind donation as I would do the same for you if I could.
My Mother is having me make a recording for Gelly so if he can have surgery we can put earbuds in his ears and he will hear me talking to him throughout the surgery. I will tell him over and over that he is my B Boy and that I love and need him and that he needs to hang in and come back to me.
My Mom and I every Christmas, that we could, always gave baby food, formula, dog food and cat food because we knew the innocent needed help too.
I hope we can do this as my heart is breaking and I just can't lose my Best and Truest Friend.
Please anyone that can help this remarkable soul please help us.
Teja and Gellybean

tbear

tbear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Well, it is 10:35pm here and I have just given Gellybean his 2nd pain pill of the day. I will take him for another potty walk and then i will lay down with him on the floor.
He always slept on my bed until I fell asleep and then went in the front room but I am too afraid he will fall off of the bed so I will tuck him in now.
he had a much better day thanks again to IMOM.org for the stomach shot they paid for and I would love to thank whomever developed it as it has made such a difference.
Gellybean ate and drank water several time today. He even came up to me to let me know he had to go out. No "pee on himself accidents" for Gellybean today.
I cannot thank all who have donated for him and if anyone will put out story on their Facebook page, as I have, I would be very thankful.
I know he is still really, really sick but today was so much nicer than the first 3 horrible days.
jellybean and I will say Good Night as I have My Boy to tuck in and lay down with and then I have homework I have to catch up on.
Thank you all,
Teja and Gellybean

View Posttbear, on 30 October 2011 - 09:51 PM, said:

Oh Judy Thank you so very much. I have to tell you something funny and I hope I don't gross you out.
Gelly went out for his potty walk and didn't have to be carried down the stairs because he has eaten the past 2 days. The look on his face for the 3 days before was just gut wrenching as he didn't understand why he could no longer walk and was falling over.
He had his first "poop" in 5 days and I cannot believe I am celebrating a "poop" but I am. The funny part, and I hope not gross, is that because Gelly has been eating his favorite chicken and carrots, the "poop" was orange. I had to laugh for 2 reasons. !, Halloween is tomorrow and Orange is for Halloween so it is like Gelly is "pooping" for Halloween and 2. it reminded me of the year I took Gelly to the Doggie Halloween Parade. I bought him a Darth Vader Costume and when I put it on Gelly would not move for love or treat alike. I took it back and Gelly was the hit of the Parade as Batman Doggie. We all swore that he was the only dog smiling throughout the Parade but Gelly has always been a smiler. He also has a Sherlock Holmes Coat for the Cold Night Walks and he is not fond of that coat. It is like he hopes no one will see him in that ridiculous outfit. He has never worn the cap that came with it and I can tell you I tried.
It makes me happy and tears flow as I remember the joyous times with my wondrous boy and I have to save him. I just have to.
Thank you again for caring, writing and your kind donation as I would do the same for you if I could.
My Mother is having me make a recording for Gelly so if he can have surgery we can put earbuds in his ears and he will hear me talking to him throughout the surgery. I will tell him over and over that he is my B Boy and that I love and need him and that he needs to hang in and come back to me.
My Mom and I every Christmas, that we could, always gave baby food, formula, dog food and cat food because we knew the innocent needed help too.
I hope we can do this as my heart is breaking and I just can't lose my Best and Truest Friend.
Please anyone that can help this remarkable soul please help us.
Teja and Gellybean

Judy G

Judy G

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,473 posts
Teja,

You cannot gross me out; I'm a nurse.  :)

And you will find many of us here who get excited about poop!  And since Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, I think orange poop is quite appropriate.  I am glad Gelly is doing a little better, and I hope the money is raised soon to see what is causing his illness, so he can be treated and get back to his old self.

Take care,

Judy G.

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,897 posts
IMOM angels...you can see how much this little guy is loved...and he is a special boy...he has a bond with his family that seems pretty, darn strong...Let's see what we can do to get him his tests...he needs them to so he can be treated!!!  Please...if you can't donate, that's OK...but PLEASE PLEASE pass the word...pass his story on to others and ask them to do the same...Judy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,897 posts
IMOM angels...you can see how much this little guy is loved...and he is a special boy...he has a bond with his family that seems pretty, darn strong...Let's see what we can do to get him his tests...he needs them to so he can be treated!!!  Please...if you can't donate, that's OK...but PLEASE PLEASE pass the word...pass his story on to others and ask them to do the same...Judy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,032 posts
I am sitting here watching my 2 mini schnauzers curled up and sleeping peacefully, and remembering how sick Tuck was last month with pancreatitis. It literally felt like my heart was breaking when he was in pain.

Please angels can u help Gellybean? It breaks my heart knowing there is another schnauzie boy the same age as Tuck who is so sick right now.

Tega, I assume the vet did the test for pancreatitis? It's called a SPEC cPL. Schnauzers are more prone then many breeds to get pancreatitis. I'm unsure if any labs have been done, but I would assume so since the vet is wanting an ultrasound and it doesn't say that labs are needed.

But will u ask specifically if the special test for pancreatitis has been done? Pancreatitis can be life threatening, and as I said schnauzers are more prone to it.
if not, the vet can send an invoice into IMOM for the test, and there should already be enough funds for the SPEC CPL.
Please call the vet and ask if the test was already done.

LOL. As Judy G said, we all get excited over poop around IMOM.

Just keep posting often and tell stories abt Gellybean (how did he get his name, what does he like to do when he is feeling good, etc). The stories will help Gellybean wiggle into many angels hearts and he will get funded more quickly.

Please give Gelly a snuggle from me and my schnauzie boyz.

Cindy

Edited by k9sign, 31 October 2011 - 10:31 AM.

Posted Image

tbear

tbear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
It looks like Gellybean will have to go back to the Vet for another shot to help him eat. He went for his first potty walk today and he did start to stumble on the stairs. When he came in he wouldn't eat; just like this started so no sneaky pill in his chicken today. I had to put the pain pill down his mouth and he wasn't too happy with the dry pill. I will cook more chicken for him; my local store must wonder why so much chicken all of a sudden!! I am recycling cans for his chicken. Maybe once the pill takes effect he will eat if not I will notify IMOM.org and we will be off to the Vet for the shot. The Vet says it is just a band aid but to see how much he has changed eating for 2 days versus no food or water for 3 days I'll take the band aid.
Gellybean got his name because being a German Dog we tried every German name we could think of only to be ignored. Finally after a couple of weeks my Mom said that his nose looked like a Black Jellybean. He looked around at us as if to say, "well, it's about time" and he has been Gellybean, Gelly Belly Bean Boy, G Dog- for street creds-, Biebers, Gellyman , and Gelly My Guy are among his other names.
He slept well last night but I didn't. I was up and down all night checking on him. I would also lay down and croon to him. I just feel so helpless.
K9sign thank you for the information and I will certainly ask the Vet if that test was included in the blood work that was done. I am also so glad that Tuck is better.
Judy I am so glad that I didn't gross you out.
I love Gellybean so much and I wish this were me instead because I have INS. through my job and I could be taken care of but then my Mom would be a wreck and so would Gellybean.
When I had an operation Gellybean stayed by my side on my bed day and night. He didn't even want to leave to go out for his potty walks. He is such a Mother Hen whenever I need him.
We bonded from the minute I got him. We had to go very far out to where he was. It looked like some place the Mother Ship would land as it was so desolate. My Little Gellybean was the cutest little thing you could ever see.
We had never had a Schnauzer before and Gellybean has me wrapped around his paw.
I love him. I can't lose him so PLEASE if anyone can help so we can help him I would be so thankful.
I am thankful for all of the help and replies so far.
Happy Halloween everyone and I won't torture Gellybean with a costume this year. Instead we will stay by the faux fireplace heater where he can stay warm and comfortable and I will put on his favorite movie, Rio. I want him to be well. I want him to be well. I can't lose him because I am a student. I just can't.
He just has to eat and drink until we can get those tests done.
Please help us if you can.
Thank you everybody,
Teja and Gellybean

Vicky T - IMOM

Vicky T - IMOM

Advanced Member

• IMOM Committee Volunteer
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
Good afternoon everyone!

Just wanted to give you guys a quick update on Gellybean's fund raising.  IMOM has pledged the remaining money for Gellybean's tests late this afternoon.  The reason was that the clinic is not able to schedule the ultrasound technician until the guaranty of payment was received.  And the technician is only available in the mornings.  So, if we did not pledge the remaining amount, Gellybean would have had to wait another day.

The poor guy is still in pain, and having difficulties eating, so we didn't want to risk another day without trying to help him.

We used the money out of our General Fund to fill this pledge, so if you could consider donating to Gellybean's cause, please continue to do so.

Gellybean's Mom should be along shortly to update us on Gellybean's appointment time tomorrow.

Thank you again to all of our donors, without you pledges like this would not be possible.

Vicky T
IMOM Volunteer
Vicky T
IMOM Volunteer

tbear

tbear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi Everybody,
Vicky told you the Great News but with so many pots to boil in the Vet's Office she did not know that an assistant had indeed talked to IMOM.org today. She did know the Letter of Guaranty was received. She is nervous about the payment but went ahead and Gellybean will get his tests done on Wednesday, November 2, 2010. I guess I will call tomorrow when Emily, the great assistant is in the office so no mistakes will be made.
Gellybean did need his shot today to help him eat as he had stopped eating and drinking. He has now taken a bit of chicken, and Pedilyte mixed with water
He has gained ½ lb in the 2 days he has been eating. He is still down 3 lbs but ½ lb is great.
I am sorry that I didn't write sooner but I fell asleep as I have not slept and am still exhausted.
I cannot say how happy and nervous I am for Wednesday. We will have the results back by Friday.
I can't think of anything else to say as my brain is muddled from all that went on today.
Worrying is hard and horrible but waiting for a phone call that never comes because someone lets the ball drop is excruciating.
I love all of you who have written and donated.
Have a safe night everyone.
Gelly and I will be inside tonight so we will be out of the Goblins way.
Hugs to All,
Teja and Gellybean

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,032 posts
I had hoped (as I'm sure IMOM had too) that the tests would be tmw. I am glad Gellybean at least got the injection today, so maybe it will hold him until Wednesday.

Please angels, help replenish the General Fund so IMOM can help the next PIN. If u were thinking abt donating to Gellybean, go ahead and send it to the General Fund. Without angels donating to the GF, PIN's like Gellybean wouldn't get the help they need quickly.

Thanks to all the angels who have helped to get Gellybean the tests he needs. I'm sure Gellybean and his mom will sleep better knowing that Gelly will have his tests on Wednesday.

Sweet dreams Gellybean.

Hugs,
Cindy
Posted Image

TigresMeow

TigresMeow

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 664 posts
My little Monkey Butt (chihuahua) had a bout with pancreatitis not too long ago.  She wouldn't eat and didn't want to drink and she just laid around.  She had to spend the night at the vet's office - my vet actually took her home with him for the night.  He gave her fluids and medication and she got to come home the next day.  She actually chewed through the IV line during the night, the little monster..lol.  Hopefully the ultrasound will discover what is wrong but I would ask about pancreatitis just to make sure that base is covered.  She did have to be on special food for a couple of weeks but she is fine now.

Please keep us updated.  All the IMOM aunties are worrying right along with you.
Kat n her K9 Crew
-Katie, Corree, Stormy, Dakota Rose, Maggie, Belle, Kiwi, Lola and Coco Puff
-and 3 special Sheltie Angels...Sable, Megan and Lacey Jane
-and 2 special Chihuahua Angels.....Callie (Chunky Monkey) and little Peanut and 1 special Pittie angel....Dixie Doo

Posted Image

tbear

tbear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi Everybody,
Sorry I am late with an update. I am in classes so I am calling in my update to my Mom and she is typing for me.
I had to call the Vet's Office 2 times today to find out that My Boy, Gellybean's. ultrasound is around noon tomorrow, Wednesday, November 2, 2011. I have to drop him off around 10am, because if the Ultrasound dr has a cancelled appointment he will be early and does not wait. They will also do tests then too.
Gellybean is eating and drinking today because of his shot. He has also gone on 2 walks and is trying to take advantage. He wants to smell every leaf and figures he can give me that smiley face of his to prolong the walk.
I gave him a bath as he looked pretty grungy and I thought it would help him feel better.
We have had the heater on our faux fireplace going ever since and my Mom says she feels like a cooked mackerel because it is so hot.
I am numb today and really worried about tomorrow but so thankful for IMOM.org and all who have donated.
Judy and K9sign I cannot thank you enough for your postings. They have helped me a lot. I wish I knew you both because you are so kind.
I had trouble finding where to post today as Gellybean's name isn't on the right side of the Home page anymore. If it is I couldn't find it.
My classmate just came out and told me the class has been cancelled because the teacher isn't feeling well. I am off to Walmart to get my Bellyboy some more Pedilyte.

Hello All:
I am Teja and our Precious Gellybean's Momma. I just wanted to thank IMOM.org and all donors and writers for what you have done for them both.
There is nothing worse for a Mother than to watch those you love and not be able to help.
I was injured at work 2 years ago and am now apartment bound.
I lost my best friend, Scooter maCooter Birdfellow, a beautiful Blue and Gold Macaw this past March. I had her for 18 years since she was a baby. She was my best friend. She died in my arms and to watch my daughter go through this with Gellybean is horrible and agonizing.
Thank you all so much and Teja says fingers, toes, paws and everything else is crossed here.
Teja and Gellybean
written by Mom

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,032 posts
Hi Teja and her mom,

Thanks so much for the update. I am so glad the shot helped Gelly today.

Did the vet office tell u if it's OK for Gelly to eat before the tests...or does he need to be fasting for it?
If they didn't say one way or the other, it may be wise to not give food after midnight tonight. I just don't want them to have to cancel. Hopefully they gave u specific instructions.

LOL. My Tuck has been laying in front of the electric fireplace. My Justice was out today checking under every leaf for invaders. Sounds just like Gelly. Mini Schnauzers are just the best!!!

Hugs to Gelly.

Cindy

P.S. to Teja's mom-I'm so sorry u lost ur Scooter MaCooter Birdfellow (LOVE the name). He sounds like he was a special Macaw. I am so glad u are such a great support to Teja (and Gelly)-not all families understand what Teja is going thru.
Posted Image

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,897 posts
Sending you positive thoughts and prayers for Gellybean's testing today...and most importantly, know that we are with you in spirit...and send you hugs to help you get thru the morning...I know it's hard to not know what is going on and with good news today we might know what is the problem...Hugs to you and Gellybean...Judy

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,032 posts
worrying abt Gellybean and hoping he is OK...
Posted Image

TigresMeow

TigresMeow

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 664 posts
Me too. . . .
Kat n her K9 Crew
-Katie, Corree, Stormy, Dakota Rose, Maggie, Belle, Kiwi, Lola and Coco Puff
-and 3 special Sheltie Angels...Sable, Megan and Lacey Jane
-and 2 special Chihuahua Angels.....Callie (Chunky Monkey) and little Peanut and 1 special Pittie angel....Dixie Doo

Posted Image

Michele W

Michele W

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 248 posts
Has anyone from IMOM been in touch with the owner or the vet?

All best,
Michele

tbear

tbear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi Everyone,
Gellybean and I went for his tests on Wednesday. He would not go in the Office and would then not leave my side so they made me leave him. I left with tears in my eyes and I know he didn't understand why I was leaving.
The 3 1/2hr wait for the phone call to pick him up were the longest of my life.
At 1:300pm the Vet called. He does have a bit of pancreatitis, that is controllable by diet. They did find 2 growths in his Liver. They sent sample out for Cytology and I was supposed to hear the results by today, Friday. As of this writing I have heard not one word and I am a wreck. I do not know if I should be happy or worried. It is 8:30pm now.
When I went to pick Gellybean up he wouldn't walk for them BUT when he heard my voice he came out of the back like a rocket and raced passed me on his way out the door. I managed to catch him. He hasn't moved that fast since before he got sick.
I took him to McDonald's for a girl and her guy moment.
Since his last shot he has been eating, drinking and walking.
He will not leave me. He won't even take his chicken or carrots from my Mom if I am home.
I had hoped to write tonight with great News but no word.
I needed a couple of days to gather myself after what we went through on Wednesday.
I did not mean to worry anyone anymore than I was.
Gellybean and I managed to watch a movie in my bed but then he got bored.
I will wait for the Vet to call and keep everything crossed here.
Thank you for all of your thoughts.
I wish it were a simple fix but I am trying to stay positive.
You should have seen him movie on his way out of the Vet's on Wednesday. It was kinda funny but really sad too.
Thank you everyone,
Teja and Gellybean

tbear

tbear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

View Postk9sign, on 01 November 2011 - 09:47 PM, said:

Hi Teja and her mom,

Thanks so much for the update. I am so glad the shot helped Gelly today.

Did the vet office tell u if it's OK for Gelly to eat before the tests...or does he need to be fasting for it?
If they didn't say one way or the other, it may be wise to not give food after midnight tonight. I just don't want them to have to cancel. Hopefully they gave u specific instructions.

LOL. My Tuck has been laying in front of the electric fireplace. My Justice was out today checking under every leaf for invaders. Sounds just like Gelly. Mini Schnauzers are just the best!!!

Hugs to Gelly.

Cindy

P.S. to Teja's mom-I'm so sorry u lost ur Scooter MaCooter Birdfellow (LOVE the name). He sounds like he was a special Macaw. I am so glad u are such a great support to Teja (and Gelly)-not all families understand what Teja is going thru.

Yes, Gellybean is always checking for invaders in the bushes. Every leaf. Scooter was my Mother's best friend. She said over 100 words and had my Mom's personality. Yes, Gellybean had to fast..Best to all and thanks you for your thoughts..

Edited by tbear, 04 November 2011 - 10:43 PM.

tbear

tbear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
hi Everybody,
Today is Sunday.Saturday night was a good night for Gellybean. He ate carrots, bananas, chicken and went behind my back and ate some kibble. It was a joy to hear that crunch as he has not eaten any kibble for a couple of weeks now. He wouldn't eat for my Mom and waited until I got home.
I reported to IMOM that we had not heard from the Vet's Office but had to correct myself this am. The Office did call but I was at work and my Mom was asleep. She is exhausted from the extra chicken cooking, walks and carpet cleaning from any Gelly accidents. He hasn't had any for a couple of days now.
He is stronger since eating. He can get up on his own, walks without falling over and can walk down the stairs. He does still want to be carried up the stairs by me. I think he is faking that but I do not mind.
He wanted Roast Beef today but since all we have is a supply of chicken, chicken it was.
His personality is back so I am hoping that all of the positive thoughts and prayers for healing are helping.
I will call the Vet tomorrow and I am afraid to hear what she will say. I want to plug my ears as he is so much better since the last shot.
I have been working and trying to catch up on all of my way behind homework.
I hope it is good news tomorrow as I really want him to be well.
Thanks to all who are sending the positive.
Gellybean is now resting in front of the faux fireplace. He has been coming into my room again, which makes me very happy.
He was so weak 2 weeks ago when I started writing that I thought I would lose him any minute.
I know your prayers, thoughts and those shots are working.
Call me an optimist for the first time ever.
Wishing you all good thoughts,
teja and Gellybean

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,032 posts
Hoping u got good news on Gellybean.

Hope he is wiggle buttin' soon!

Hugs,
Cindy
Posted Image

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,897 posts
Also checking in on the news from the vets office...Judy

tbear

tbear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi Everyone:
I am Dawn, Teja's Mom and Gellybean's Grammie.
I got the phone call from the Vet and have not told Teja yet.
She and Gellybean have been is such good Spirits for the past couple of days. I want to give them some peace and some hope while I try all I can for him.
The Vet called and the diagnosis on his tumors showed malignancy.
In my Faith we believe if we write something or say it out loud it will bring it forth. For that reason I will not use the c word and respectfully request no one else does either.
He can be operated on so I have written the organizations that have been provided by IMOM and those I have found on the Internet.
One said they are no longer funding until Jan 2012 and the other one did not respond. Gellybean cannot wait that long for his surgery.
If anyone has any other groups please let me know.
I just know that Gellybean can be saved and live many happy years with Teja.
Gellybean has been eating, drinking and walking since his last shot paid for by IMOM. True it is mainly for Teja but when she has long days at work and school he gives in to me.
He fakes not being able to walk up the stairs so she gladly carries him. You should see him with his wonderful Schnauzer head on her shoulder loving every minute of their time.
I am trying everything I can think of or find to help him.
He hasn't been eating his kibble and only eating human food. We have recycled cans and taken back items that were purchased before he got sick to pay for his food.
We can't take our College books back until the end of the semester; so that thought is out.
I am sorry I haven't written but when Teja isn't home I do let my emotions out as I can't when she is home. I have to be strong for both of them.I just know we can save him.
On the News the other night a story about a man in Arizona paid $1000,000 to clone his dead dog. It must be nice for him to be able to do that but how many others could have been helped with that much money? I wish we were in that position but I don't know what I would do.
I have to go as Teja is due home any minute.
I thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and replies and donations.
Thank you so much,
Dawn
for Teja and Gellybean

tbear

tbear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
hi Everyone,
Today was a nightmare of a day.
Gellybean stopped eating for Teja. He had not eaten since last writing last evening.
I called the Vet and wrote to IMOM to update them. After a phone consult with the Vet, Dr. Gee, about IMOM's suggestions; flurries of e-mails back and forth and the Vet having to leave by 5pm because she had to leave for a meeting, we flew into the Vet's Office around 4:45pm.
We came in with tornado energy. Gellybean had leaves in his beard upon arrival. He, of course, did not want to go in and watched the door once in so he could make the great escape.
He had to be carried into the exam room and gave me the evil eye the whole time.
IMOM was on the phone to the Vet;s Office seconds after we arrived breathless.
IMOM so generously approved another shot for Gelly and the same in pill form so we can give them to him if he drops off from food again.Dr. Gee gave him the shot intramuscularly this time instead of intravenously. The IV shot worked so much better I hope the IM works as well.
Gellybean left immediately while I waited for his pills.
As I was standing there waiting a gorgeous Mastif named Valor came out to her proud owner. We got to talking because I needed to catch my breath when I heard a car horn honking..One guess as to who was on the horn!!!
I don't know if Gelly picked up the leaves as he was rushed down our apartment steps to get to the Vet's or if he picked them up while he was refusing to go in but he did look a bit like a ragamuffin.
Once we got home I realized that with today's upset I forgot to take my blood pressure meds!!
Teja was home in a dark room all day with one of her debilitating (sp) migraines. She is behind in her studies and has 25 pages more to study for a great test tomorrow before work.
I still haven't told her, while we are trying to get his surgical consult. I think in her heart she knows the results but does not want to hear or see them.
I am 64 years old and Gellybean at this point will probably outlast me…lol
I told IMOM when we got home that I needed a drink but since I don't drink that it was out.
I hope you all know how much I appreciate you and K9sign I would love to hear how your guys are doing.
I hope I am updating in the correct place as I am not very computer savvy.
Thank you IMOM, Laurie, Tammy and All again,
dawn
for Teja and Gellybean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users