Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Leonard - pot bellied pig needs surgery!

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,894 posts
Heather,     You and Leonard proved that pets come in many different shapes and sizes; and that love does too.

I'm so sorry that Leonard's recovery was not meant to be.
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,995 posts
Heather, my deepest condolences to you...but I want to thank you for sharing Leonard with us...because of you we got to know that sweet, little guy and he touched many hearts...

I am so sad to read that he just couldn't make it...you tried so hard...He got to know love and comfort and that's a wonderful thing...and he's not alone even now...he's with your 1st pig...she is watching over him and guiding him... :animcndc_sm:

k9sign

k9sign

Certified IMOMer!

• Member - Mod. Team
  • 11,246 posts
Oh, I am shocked and heartbroken for u Heather. Leonard brought smiles to everyone here, and we saw the strength and focus u had in getting help for him. You both were a rarity around here-a pot bellied pig and a mom who was more tenacious then anyone I have seen in a long time.

My heart goes out to u and ur family. I am so glad u were Leonard's mama.

:animcndc_sm: run free sweet Leonard

Hugs,
Cindy
Posted Image

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
Heather,

I haven't posted much on this thread, but I have been following.  I was just heart broken last night when I heard this. Full tears and everything in the back seat of our friends truck while coming home from Dinner.   I am so very very very sorry that Leonard did not make it. You gave everything you could to save little Leonard, and I am positive he knows that. He is looking down now thinking how lucky he was to have you in his final days of his life. I am positive.

I sent a mental note up to my Mr Precious to take Leonard in and show him around. I told Mr Precious "he may look a little different then you but he is full of love just like you." So I am sure he is in good hands at Rainbow Bridge.  Still, the sadness of not having him here is hard. (((((HUGS))))) to you. I am sorry your time with him was not longer.

Melissa/IMOM

cgerrans

cgerrans

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 216 posts
Still thinking of you Heather..glad Leonard's back home with Lucy. It makes it feel better in some way. He is safe and always was with you. Thank you for being such a caring person. It really warms my heart to know that there are people like you out in the world. ..Much love Christine

Beauty's Kathy

Beauty's Kathy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,888 posts
Dear Heather and Angel Leonard,

I am sorry that Angel Leonard had to leave for the Rainbow Bridge. You and IMOM did all you could to save his life. I know that Leonard lived a lifetime of love with you and had a wonderful - if all too short- life.

Please stay on IMOM and give support to the people needing help--cheerleaders are always welcome and needed!

Kathy

grf

grf
  • Members
  • 1 posts
My deepest condolences to you and your family on your loss. I am including a link to a website that you may not know of. It may bring some comfort to the pain you are experiencing now. I know he was loved and will always be remembered by all of us through his journey in life. Again I am so very sorry for your loss.

Glenn

www.inmemoryofpets.com

almostafarm

almostafarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
Thank you. We are going to lay him to rest this weekend. He is in our deep freezer in our garage til then. He will be next to Lucy, my first pig. She past away 10 years ago of a spinal tumor at 7 years old. Now she will have a friend. I will come visit often. The past 2 days have been busy with me being sick, leonard going to the vet, and my daughter turned 2 yeasterday. The kids don't realize what happened. I think that's a good thing. I hope some other animal can benifit from the unused funds.
Heather

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
Hi Heather,

I just wanted you to know you, Angel Leonard, and the family have been on my mind and in my heart.
Angel Lucy will have company - and I'm sure they are up there together at Rainbow Bridge playing, whole and free, enjoying their favorite snacks and playing with favorite toys (Angel Leonard snuggling with Mousie).

If the kids ask, maybe you can tell them about the Rainbow Bridge that I had posted for you.  :wub:
Please tell your two year old ♪ Happy Birthday ♪ from me.  ♥

I really hope you're feeling a little better.  You've had SOOO much on your plate, and being sick to boot.  You've done such an amazing job of handling it all.  Just remember, in the midst of all of 'life's busy-ness' - take a little time out for "you".  Be gentle with yourself and remember to * B * R * E * A * T * H * E *  :wub:

I'm sure if there are any unused funds, you can be sure they will be put to very good use for a PIN(s) [pet in need].  IMOM and it's Angels do some 'magical' things when the funds are available.

God bless you, dear Heather.  Angels Leonard and Lucy are always in our hearts.  And remember, we're always here for you.  

Sending you MUCH Love and :hugs:
Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

:felineicon:

:heart: :heart:

zoom mom

zoom mom

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,299 posts
:animcndc_sm:

Heather,

I feel so badly learning this news about Leonard .... sending many gentle hugs.

Susan, MisChief
  & My FurAngel ZOOM

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
Dear Heather,

I just wanted you to know, even though I haven't been able to be around much, 'you' have not left my heart.
Posted Image

I'm praying you and your family had a good Thanksgiving.  Just know we are all stll here for you.  And you and Angel Leonard (and Angel Lucy too) remain in my prayers.  :wub:
Please give the kids LOTS of extra special GREAT :hugs: from me, and have them turn around and give "you" LOTS and LOTS of them from me too !!!!!  :heart:

Bandit and I are sending you all,
ALL of OUR LOVE,
NOW, ALWAYS and FOREVER ~

Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

:felineicon:

:heart:  :heart:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users