Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Vapor Grohman

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts
Diagnosis:  Foreign Body/ Intestinal Obstruction
Low end of Estimate:  
$1636
Less Owner contribution:  $100
Needed for low end of Estimate:
$1536 + 4%  for IMOM operating expenses = $61
Our Fund Raising Goal:   $1597

Neutered:
  Yes
Volunteer case worker: Tammy
             ****DONATION UPDATE:  ALL FUNDS RAISED*****

Calling all Angels,

Vapor is a handsome 11 month old Deaf Bulldog/Pittie mix with an intestinal blockage. He ingested a coin or stack of coins. The vet tried to induce vomiting with no success.

Surgery must happen on Friday to save Vapor's life or he will have to be euthanized due to lack of funds. His owners have already exhausted all their funds on the emergency vet visit.

This blockage is very dangerous, the coins will corrode and become toxic. We have no time to waste,  we have to get this fur kid into surgery tomorrow.

Donations of any size can be made HERE Please mark your gift "GF- Vapor  Grohman"  

Remember if you cannot donate, please pass Vapor's story on to all your friends and share him on all your social networking sites.

Vapor's people have only had him a very short time but have already fallen in love with him. Let's give them many more years together by giving him this surgery!

As always, thank you so much for supporting IMOM and  our mission of Helping People Help Pets.

Tammy-IMOM

Please meet Vapor

Edited by Tammy IMOM, 28 October 2011 - 04:03 PM.

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Friends and angels, please help Vapor if you can. This beautiful boy is only 11 months old! Let's help him have surgery tomorrow so he can get back to the important business of being a puppy.

Your donation of any size will truly make a difference. Click here to donate, and mark your donation "GF - Vapor Grohman." No amount is too small!

Lisa_O

Lisa_O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Donated.  What a sweet pup.  How far along are we in fundraising?

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

We have received $50 in donations so far.   Thank you Lisa for your donation~:heart:

We will have another count in the morning.
We hope to hear from Vapor's owners very soon.

Remember that no amount is ever too small. Let's all skip that fancy coffee tomorrow, skip that lunch out and help this sweet baby get his surgery!

Thank you Angels !

Tammy-IMOM

VaporStormy

VaporStormy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thank you for the donation Lisa, if Vapor were up for it he would be jumping in happiness right now, I know it. And thank you to all IMOM'ers out there who are spreading the word for Vapor.

VaporStormy

VaporStormy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
I'm going to be getting all of my pictures together to show everyone my beautiful little boy! I attached another one of him for right now. He loves tug-of-war, and when he is healthy he is completely food motivated :) We are going to teach him sign language to communicate better. I am going to be on all night so if anyone has any questions please ask away. Vapor is laying on the couch right next to me, we're both here along with Stormy (Our female english bulldog) They both get along so well already.. Thanks IMOM'ers we couldn't do this without all of you!

Attached Files

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

Vapor now has $100 in donations. We are off to a good start.

Stephanie, he is simply adorable. It's so wonderful that you opened your home to him. How did you come up with his name?

I am partial to the deafies, as I own 3 deaf Dalmatians.

Come on Angels, let's get this sweetie his surgery tomorrow.

Tammy-IMOM

Bandit'sAngel

Bandit'sAngel

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,911 posts

Calling ALL Angels !!!!!!

Calling ALL Angels !!!!!!!

HELP ~ ~ PLEASE !!??!!

This Baby Needs YOU !!!!!!!!

:heart: :angel: :heart:

Vapor Needs Your Help to Get His Surgery .....
RIGHT AWAY !!!!!!!

He has a blockage -- and this could be fatal ...
Sooo -- PLEASE .... NO amount is TOO SMALL !!!!!!
It ALL Adds UP !!!!!

:wub:  :wolf:  :wub:

ANYTHING you can do to help will be SOOOO appreciated
by this little family !!!!!

Tell your friends, neighbors, newbies :biggrin: Facebook
buddies, Twitter Followers, family members ~ everywhere you can ....
It would mean SOOOO much !!!!!!

:heart: :angel: :heart:

Thank you in ADVANCE !!!!!!

Sending ALL of Our LOVE and :hugs:
ALWAYS and FOREVER,
Donna and 'The Bandit' :wub:

:felineicon:

:heart: :heart:

Edited by Bandit'sAngel, 27 October 2011 - 10:55 PM.

VaporStormy

VaporStormy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thank you all so much!

His first name was Dunkin, and then Baby. The previous owners had named him that.
He is only 11 months old, and I know they suggest not to change names unless he was abused,
but I figured since he was already deaf, we could change his name.
It was between Tundra or Vapor, since he is all white.

Vapor won in the end though!

He is such a sweet heart, I don't know a single puppy like him in the world.
He is mommy and daddys baby!

I think adopting/rescuing deaf animals is an amazing thing to do, Tammy. This is my first deaf pet so I am learning but we are willing to go to any length to make him a happy puppy!

Edited by VaporStormy, 27 October 2011 - 11:06 PM.

VaporStormy

VaporStormy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Pictures of Vapor and Stormy! Smooches <3 Laying next to mommy on the couch while she posts how much she loves him ^^

Attached Files

• Attached File  vs1.png   87.52K   6 downloads
  • Attached File  vs2.png   90.3K   11 downloads
  • Attached File  vs3.png   92.29K   11 downloads
  • Attached File  vs4.png   80.65K   11 downloads

rosiebud

rosiebud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Donated....good luck!

Molly's Dad

Molly's Dad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I wish I could help out financially, but I am still recovering from our emergency with Molly. I did spread the word on my Facebook account so hope that helps out.

Good luck and hope Vapor makes a full recovery.

rosiebud

rosiebud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
He is so cute...looks like a pittie :).

VaporStormy

VaporStormy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thank you for the donation and all the support for spreading the word about our emergency!

He is part american bulldog, and part pitt I believe, thats what I was told.

Edited by VaporStormy, 27 October 2011 - 11:24 PM.

VaporStormy

VaporStormy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Alright everyone, Vapor and I are heading off to bed. Thank you again everyone, I know I am going to be an IMOM'er for life now. Goodnight <3

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,938 posts
If he is part Pit PLEASE, first thing this morning...contact

Pit Bull Rescue Central

they help financially with rescued pit bulls and pit bull MIXES.....

Tell them he needs surgery TODAY and get your paperwork to them ASAP...

GOOD LUCK...Judy

Here are more links..I know we don't have much time BUT...

http://www.humanesoc...ording_pet.html

Edited by Judy, 28 October 2011 - 04:21 AM.

Lisa_O

Lisa_O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
I truly hope that this morning we wake up to AFR.  This poor pup needs immediate help.

VaporStormy

VaporStormy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thank you Judy I am applying now :)

Tammy L.

Tammy L.

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 569 posts

Donation Update:   $155
has been raised so far for Vapor. Thank you so much to all who have shared your loved and donated.

Come on Angels, I know we can get closer to our goal and get this boy into surgery today. Every donation no matter what the size can make a difference to this little boy.

If you can send in any amount visit DONATIONS Please mark your gift "GF-Vapor Grohman"

Remember just because you cannot donate, does not mean you cannot help. Spread Vapor's story far and wide to all your e-mail contacts, ask them to share, if you use facebook and twitter, post him there too.

Do you know Bulldog or Pittie lovers? Share Vapor's adorable photo's and story with them.

Let's get this baby to all funds raised!

Tammy-IMOM

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,938 posts
IMOM angels...this little guy NEEDS US and he needs us NOW...

He has been saved by a wonderful couple that love him...he is DEAF and they are planning on teaching him sign language...

Let's GIVE HIM THAT CHANCE to learn and be a happy boy again...

Vapor didn't know that he was doing something wrong when he was those shiny coins...now he's in trouble...big time...

We are off to a start but have a ways to go to get him into surgery...Vapor's Mom is busy online applying to other organizations to get help...let's see what we can do to help...PLEASE...if you can't donate, that's OK...PLEASE CROSS POST this story to others and ask them to do the same...

Doesn't Vapor deserve to have a chance at being in a loving home???  Did you look at his sweet photos???  Judy

Also get a phone call into your vet to see if they are a member of AAHA...if they are they can apply for a one time grant to help out a needy animal...ONLY THE VET can apply...not the client...so, a quick telephone call sure won't hurt...

Edited by Judy, 28 October 2011 - 09:58 AM.

cgerrans

cgerrans

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 216 posts
I have sent Vapor a donation and i will match the next $250 in donations. This is a chance to get TWICE THE VALUE FOR YOUR DONATION to help little Vapor!!

This little guy needs to see his birthday. One of my babies is about the same age and I would despair to lose her. Come on, let's get donating :) Christine

Lisa_O

Lisa_O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Cgerrans, hi.  I wrote on the FB wall that I would match $300 in donations.  I'm donating now so if you want to match $250 of that, that would be super!  Someone can verify my donation, right?

cgerrans

cgerrans

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 216 posts
Lisa - no need to verify..am matching now. Thanks for doing that. It will help little Vapor get a little closer! ..Christine

Lisa_O

Lisa_O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Just donated $300.  I rarely donate this much to one animal but returned a purchase to do this.  I feel very strongly about getting him help.

cgerrans

cgerrans

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 216 posts
Lisa - you are a woman of great heart. I don't have a lot of money but  compared to relieving suffering other stuff can be deferred. ..Christine

Lisa_O

Lisa_O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Christine, I understand that attitude.  This morning I was looking at some stupid clothing purchase I made the other day and just thought that it would not make me happy or change life significantly but donating to Vapor would change a life. Done deal.

cgerrans

cgerrans

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 216 posts
So where are we in our quest? Don't know if Vapor is on the East Coast or West but time is of the essence

Judy

Judy

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 7,938 posts
Just wondering the same thing???

Also...I just saw this on IMOM wall on Facebook

Someone on Facebook is asking to make a donation directly to the vet clinic...they would like the name and telephone #...she says she can only donate that way...

I am guessing that they also need to give them Vapor's name to make sure the funds get to the right person....

THINGS ARE LOOKING UP FOR VAPOR!!!  YAY RAH.....Judy

Lisa_O

Lisa_O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
I hope we hear from his caseworker, Tammy, soon. Fingers crossed.

LaurieR

LaurieR

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 3,873 posts
Vapor has $805 in donations! Thanks to everyone who has donated, and thank you for the matching challenge, which has been met!

We're more than halfway to our goal! Just $792 to go.

If you can make a donation of any size to help get Vapor to All Funds Raised, please click here. Mark your donation "GF - Vapor Grohman."

Thank you, angels!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users