Welcome to IMOM Community Home
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
PLEASE NOTE: IMOM is staffed completely by volunteers. In general, our volunteers attempt to be available Monday through Saturday, though specific times are not guaranteed. IMOM volunteers are not available on Sunday or holidays.

Sandy, cat with serious kidney trouble

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Kyle imom

Kyle imom

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 372 posts
This is Sandy, a two-year-old cat who is having trouble with her kidneys. The veterinarian believes she may be about to go into kidney failure.

Posted Image

We received the application yesterday, with the low end of the estimate at $237 and the high at $1157. IMOM has pledged $237 immediately, so that Sandy can be seen ASAP. Sandy has an appointment for diagnostics, first thing Monday morning.

When IMOM has received an updated estimate for further treatment, we may need to begin emergency fundraising. If that happens, we will open a topic for Sandy in the Emergency section of the community forum.

Please stay tuned! And thank you!
Posted Image

IMOM's ability to make immediate emergency donations to pets in crisis depends on donations to our General Fund. Please click here to help. Thank you!

Randih

Randih

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi everyone, I'm Sandy's mom, Randi,

Thanks to IMOM and all of you we have an appointment at the vet for Sandy tomorrow morning at 9am. I am scared, worried and nervous, but I really have hope that because of the Angels at IMOM we've caught Sandy in time to treat her before she goes into kidney failure. I'm watching her like a Hawk and she hasn't gotten any worse, thank God, so the vet seems to think we'll make it until her appointment and still be able to catch it in time. They are amazing Drs. and I have known them for quite some time now and I trust them to make the right judgments so, tomorrow morning it is. I will keep everyone updated and we would really appreciate all the prayers we can get.

I know many of you are in crisis and emergencies like we are and believe me I know how you feel. I have a house full of babies (dogs and cats) they are like my kids and are my whole word, so If anyone wants to talk or needs some support, I'll be more than happy to chat with you.

I just created a new topic in the Introduce yourself forum and I wrote a book, (I tend to be very long winded and I over write, sorry) in the "ABOUT ME" in my profile, so if you have some time and feel like getting to know me, my little angel Sandy and our story, please feel free to go read it, and I really look forward to hearing from who ever feels like commenting or dropping me a note, I look forward to getting to know people here on the IMOM community. We are all here because we love our babies and care about all animals, so we're all in a great place here.

I will post again either later or right after appointment tomorrow. God Bless all of you!

Randi Hedges-Sandy's mom

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
Hi Randi, I hope the testing comes up with some answers for Sandy's condition.  What happened that her sister died and she is in renal failure at only 2 years old?  Do you think they were poisoned or got into anti-freeze?  How long has she been sick?  I will keep her in my prayers tonight and hope for good news in the morning.

Chris

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Chris, I had the same question in the Introduce Yourself section (didn't see this thread at first).  Randi, I see a lot about you and your aspirations, but the pertinent info is what's going on with Sandy.  

If this is renal failure, I hope the initial pledge from IMOM will not only cover bloodwork but I.V. fluids too, because time is of the essence.  Thank you to the General Fund donors!

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
Randi, I went back and read and re-read your About Me section.  I hope this does not come across the wrong way as I am just trying to get this straight in my mind.  Twinkle, Sandy's sister, died from being blocked from bladder stones correct? You got help from PETA to have her euthanized.  And now, you think Sandy is also blocked and in kidney failure?
You mentioned you have a "housefull" of animals, you have zero income, some of the cats are not spayed/neutered, you have 2 litters of infant kittens from a mother/son and sister/brother breedings, and you want to become a non profit rescue.  Is this all correct?  
If I might suggest, you need to prioritize a few things before you consider spending an enormous amount of money to attempt to become a non profit rescue.  The diet of your cats needs to be looked at seriously if you now have multiple cats that are forming bladder stones.  
I hope that Sandy's exam goes well this morning and that there is something the vet can do to help her.  I look forward to a positive update!

Chris

Edited by gdane3, 26 September 2011 - 06:52 AM.

Randih

Randih

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi everyone,
I took Sandy to the vet this morning and we got really good news. They did blood work for her kidneys and so on and the tests came back normal. Sandy has a bad bladder infection which is not wonderful, but it's excellent compared to it going to far, not catching it in time and her going into kidney failure. Thanks to IMOM we caught it in time and Sandy is going to be fine with the new antibiotics the vet gave her. I am so grateful and so relieved! I can breather again! God Bless IMOM for helping me get Sandy to the vet in time. The vet said that Sandy does need to spayed asap because her urinary and bladder health is at risk if she doesn't get spayed. Unfortunately I don't have the money to do that right now, but that will be the first thing I do for all of my babies that I haven't been able to fix yet, as soon as I get the money together, which will be sometime in December.

Again, thank you IMOM and God bless all of you for what you do for so many moms, dads and their babies! You guys are a special bunch!

Sandy's Mom-Randi

View PostKyle imom, on 25 September 2011 - 12:26 PM, said:

This is Sandy, a two-year-old cat who is having trouble with her kidneys. The veterinarian believes she may be about to go into kidney failure.

Posted Image

We received the application yesterday, with the low end of the estimate at $237 and the high at $1157. IMOM has pledged $237 immediately, so that Sandy can be seen ASAP. Sandy has an appointment for diagnostics, first thing Monday morning.

When IMOM has received an updated estimate for further treatment, we may need to begin emergency fundraising. If that happens, we will open a topic for Sandy in the Emergency section of the community forum.

Please stay tuned! And thank you!

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

View PostRandih, on 26 September 2011 - 03:41 PM, said:

The vet said that Sandy does need to spayed asap because her urinary and bladder health is at risk if she doesn't get spayed. Unfortunately I don't have the money to do that right now, but that will be the first thing I do for all of my babies that I haven't been able to fix yet, as soon as I get the money together, which will be sometime in December.

Sandy's Mom-Randi

Randi,  I am really happy that Sandy is not in renal failure, but am REALLY upset that she is 2 years old and not spayed.  I actually thought it was a requirement that any pet assisted by IMOM had to be spayed or neutered during treatment or immediately thereafter.    

I would hope part of the agreement you made with IMOM before accepting the funding was that Sandy be spayed.  No waiting until December, unless the vet indicates there is a medical reason for it.
HELP JUST ONE

Love, from AJ's Pride and Skeeter's Joy

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,884 posts

View PostCatPaws, on 26 September 2011 - 04:09 PM, said:

Randi,  I am really happy that Sandy is not in renal failure, but am REALLY upset that she is 2 years old and not spayed.  I actually thought it was a requirement that any pet assisted by IMOM had to be spayed or neutered during treatment or immediately thereafter.    

I would hope part of the agreement you made with IMOM before accepting the funding was that Sandy be spayed.  No waiting until December, unless the vet indicates there is a medical reason for it.
Not to worry - it is required, Randi did agree and we have an estimate for the spay.  The vet just couldn't schedule it before we knew what was going on with Sandy, medically.  Randi is very committed to having it done ASAP and we're putting on our thinking caps to see what else we can do for Sandy and the rest of the herd sooner than December.  

We know Randi's situation is not ideal and she does too.  We'll do our best to help as much as we can, for which she's very grateful.

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
Also glad to hear that Sandy's condition is treatable.  

Randi, I second what Chris said above, and I hope you are listening - as we both speak from a lot of years of experience.  You need to get your own house in order first, before you bring in more animals and before you even consider becoming a non-profit rescue.  Spay/neuter and vaccinations are key.  Look online for low-cost or no-cost resources in your area.  

Also, when you have a young female cat losing her life over bladder stones, something is very, very wrong.  If you don't have the money to provide good quality food or treatment for issues like this, forget about becoming a rescue because if you do it right, the animals you place should all have routine vet care before adoption.  Plus you can count on medical emergencies arising that you didn't expect.  Every reputable rescue will tell you that their vet expenses are substantial - and that's in addition to the cost of food, litter, etc.

Randih

Randih

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I'm sorry Chris-GDane3,
I didn't see your post until after I posted today's update.
It is actually my fault, Sometimes my writing is a bit scattered and I bounce around with my topics. Let me explain and maybe you'll understand a bit more. I lost Twinkles because I didn't get her to the vet in time while she had a bladder infection that probably could have been treated. If I had had money to get her to the vet earlier, she never would have gotten the stone and went into renal failure. I called PETA and everyone I could think to call to ask for help and the people that I knew personally are just in really bad financial shape and have their own animals to take care of. I am very angry at PETA because when I called them, I spoke with one of them women there and she never let me know that they couldn't or weren't going to be able to help so I was speaking to her for a couple of days hoping and thinking that PETA could possibly help me get her help. God bless my brother, he finally went to the bank and got an advance that he really couldn't afford to do because PETA was stringing me along, unfortunately, too much time had passed while I was waiting for PETA to tell me that they couldn't do anything but pay for humane Euthanasia if that was what needed to be done, but in the mean time we had been going through all of what they were suggesting and wasting precious time instead of her just coming straight out and letting me know that they were not or could not help us get her the help she needed from the vet. I believe my brother may have gone to the bank to ask for that advance earlier and we would have caught it before it was too late if they were just honest and straight forward about the whole thing.

As for me having a house full of babies, some of them are neutered and spayed already and I was waiting for that woman from the Humane society to come through with the sponsors she was supposedly getting for us to finish having every else fixed and she just up and moved away and left us hanging. We didn't have that many cats back then as I do now and I was still with my fiance back then as well and we had his income, so we were somewhat ok.and then we split up, on top of that woman leaving us hanging and I fell into this position of having no income. I do and ALWAYS have put my babies as a priority and their diet is ok'd by the vet, I take very good care of them and love them more than life itself, I would do anything I can for them and I am borrowing money to make sure they are fed and have all the necessities that they need. I am just not prepared or able financially to get them to the vet, if anything happens like it has last week and now with Sandy, and I feel horrible and very guilty about that, however, that is why I am in college right now so I know that come February I will then ALWAYS have a way and an income if nothing else comes together as I am planning. I learned that a few years ago and I am creating that back up plan or if nothing else comes together a main plan so that I am NEVER in this situation again. However, I know that my time is coming and I am going to get my project off the ground and hopefully before I finish school and I am definitely going to open the rescue/shelter, however I am no fool, I know very well that yes I am working on that plan, SLOWLY, it is definitely not going to come to fruition in the immediate future, but it will come, and it will be done with donations and volunteers until I can donate some of my own cash, I have done a couples of years of research on this and believe me,  I am working on my other priorities first, because common sense tells us, how can you help everyone else, when you can't help yourself? Right? So I apologize for not being clear, I am upset and a little more jumpy even than my usual in my story telling and that is my fault. I understand the way it sounded, but believe me, my priorities are right where they should be. I had NO intentions to EVER have this many cats and new ones on the way. One of my biggest problems is that I tend to either trust what I am promised or told and I tend to forget that people have their own lives to worry about, and whether or not it is intentional, the promises they make fly out the door when something becomes more important to them personally and I should NEVER put my eggs in one basket or totally depend on someone else's plan. I'm sure she didn't screw me intentionally she just had her priorities to take care of. Oh and before I forget, everyone of my animals is strictly an indoor animal, my dogs do go outside to do their business and so on, but my cats have not and will never be out door cats and I NEVER keep anything around or within their reach or grasp because that is a tragedy waiting to happen, I also have my 10 month old grand daughter in the house so there is Nothing that the babies can get into at all.
Chris, I am in a horrible position right, financially now and believe me, I lose sleep and eat my heart out over it, but I know one very important thing, it will NOT be this way for long!
Thank God for IMOM Chris, and the people that donate here, they are all a very special breed of people! Sandy is going to be fine, Thank God, I got her to the vet early enough, (again thanks to IMOM), and a bladder infection isn't wonderful, but it is very treatable IF CAUGHT IN TIME and with Sandy, it was!
I thank you so much for your care and concern and taking the time to read my about me in the first place and I hope this little book cleared somethings up for you. I certainly don't want people to think or misunderstand my situation or what I wrote to try to get every one to understand why I am in this position right now and have to ask for help. That was my intention.
God Bless you and thank you again for your concern and advise.
Sandy's mom-Randi

P.S.- to Kim, God bless you for your concern as well and I hope that I straightened it out for you with what I explained above, and I totally agree, my Sandy was the most important thing and that it turned out to be early enough that it was a serious bladder infection which animals, especially cats and female cats at that, are prone to them when they are not fixed, Thank God and IMOM and every donor that contributes on this site, Sandy is going to be ok.
I hope to now be able to help someone else, even though I have no money right now, emotionally, at least.  

View PostKim, on 25 September 2011 - 11:04 PM, said:

Chris, I had the same question in the Introduce Yourself section (didn't see this thread at first).  Randi, I see a lot about you and your aspirations, but the pertinent info is what's going on with Sandy.  

If this is renal failure, I hope the initial pledge from IMOM will not only cover bloodwork but I.V. fluids too, because time is of the essence.  Thank you to the General Fund donors!

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
Hi Randi,
     I know sometimes when I feel I have a bit to much on my plate, it helps me to make a list and then start working on it until it is complete.  Of course, I never seem to get done with the list because I keep adding things!  :-)
     If I may suggest:

1)  Locate any and all Low Cost/No Cost Spay/Neuter clinics in your area.  I believe you said you were from TN.  Try this link and see if any of these organizations are near you or your county.  Since you are currently unemployed, you would qualify for ALL help available!    http://www.freewebs....cstnva/Also, check out this HUGE list of National Organizations that provide help from Spay/Neuter, to Vaccines to Emergency Services...   http://www.humanesoc...pet.htmlThere is a whole section in TN and you can search services by state.  IMOM is on there   :rolleyes:

2)  See if any of these organizations also offer low cost/no cost Rabies vaccines for animals being spayed/neutered.  Many clinics do, if not for free for a nominal charge.  $5.00   Also ask about the FVRCP vaccine as well which will help prevent some of the upper respiratory diseases as well as distemper.  

3)  Please check the food you are feeding the cats.  Mulitple cats with urinary problems can be from the diet.  Look for a Low Phosphate/Low Magnesium food,  Something that is supplemented with Taurine and provide fresh, clean cool water frequently throughout the day.  Many cats are very finicky about water that is why it needs to be refreshed throughout the day. Cats are not big drinkers but water is the most important element in keeping the urinary tract healthy!  

4)  Once the cats are vaccinated and spayed/neutered and in good health, place a few up for adoption.  Check out www.ebayclassifieds.com under the pet section and you will find an area for rescue pets.  Take a nice picture of each of them and write a brief description, likes, dislikes, cute stuff......and see if you can find a few nice loving indoor homes for them.  This advertising is FREE!  They will be the center of someones world and you will not have so many mouths to feed for the time being.  

You can add to the list too!  This is where I would start.

Chris

Edited by gdane3, 26 September 2011 - 07:19 PM.

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,884 posts
Hi Chris!  

I believe Randi has access to her local HS for low-cost spays, and had an agreement to have them altered for free but that fell through when her contact moved.  We'll be working with her about Sandy and the other cats to see if there's any way we can help.

Thanks for your suggestions.  I'm sure she appreciates your support as much as we do!

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Randih

Randih

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Dear Cat Paws,

Thank you so much for your concern and I know, I am very heart sick that I couldn't finish having all of my babies spayed and neutered before I lost my income and it is the story of my life that the woman that was supposed to help me get sponsors to do that moved away and didn't finish helping me or pass it on to someone else to help me. She was working for the Humane Society and I would have hoped that she would have passed on or let someone know that she made that commitment to me. However, as I said that is the story of my life! I am truly heart sick that I watch my angels suffer in heat and there is nothing that I can do until December when I get my excess funds from my grants and loans from school. However, yes, IMOM is talking about helping me have her spayed, but I have one other baby named Mischief that needs to be spayed first because she it is affecting her more than it is Sandy, so IMOM is going to let me know which one they are going to help with immediately. Unfortunately the rest of them will have to wait.
Again, thank you so much for your caring and concern. God Bless!

Randi, Sandys Mom

View PostCatPaws, on 26 September 2011 - 04:09 PM, said:

Randih

Randih

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi Chris,
Thanks again for the information and your concern for my babies. I am a fanatic when it comes to my babies and I am by nature a very logical and organized individual so I make lists upon lists of to do everything for that day, that week, etc... and my plate is over flowing at the moment, but that make me even more determined to make it so I will never be in this position again and I am close to being able to do that. It is just as the saying "everything good takes time, everything worth having or doing takes work and time" and that is VERY true. It is taking me some time to get to where I need and want to be, but it will happen and I am on my way, it's just taking more time than I would have liked or needed to take, but I truly believe that God has a plan and his reasons for everything and everything in his time! I am more than overdue for a blessing or 2 and I also believe that there were somethings that I needed to do, learn and work on before he allowed me to get where I am heading now, so it was for my benefit. Believe it or not, when you struggle and fight for something you appreciate the rewards and the end result more and it is sweeter when it does fall into place. There are some things in the works for me right now and with God's grace and blessings they will continue to fall into place and this will all end for me and my babies.
I take very good care of them they get fresh water at least 2 times per day and they are great with drinking water. I consult with my vet about food and everything else concerning my babies health, I may not be financially able to handle emergencies or take them in to the vet all of the time, but I speak with the vet all of the time, I am a "nervous Nellie" and that is why they know me so well there. The food I give them may not be vet supplied but the vet has told me that the food that I give them is the best food for them outside of the very expensive brands, that I can't afford right now.
Please Chris don't take this the wrong way, I am definitely going to try to adopt the new kittens out as soon as they are old enough, however, 2 things exist here in Tennessee, there is a problem, a serious problem with irresponsible pet owners here and it seems as though most people here think that animals, dogs and cats, are not supposed to live or come int the house at all and there are so many people that have cats and kittens up for adoption through both the Humane Society and privately that is it exceptionally difficult to find anyone to adopt cats or kittens. I do intend to try though with the kittens only. The rest of my babies will stay with me and the thought of adopting any of my babies that I raised since they were born, and most of them I rescued from outside from a stray that kept having kittens on my brother's property and my whole family did their best to catch herto try to fix her to no avail for quite some time, she is however with my mother now and spayed, but it took quite some time to catch her, but like I was saying, I would rather cut off my arms and legs than give my babies away and as long as we don't run into any more emergencies, we will be fine. Believe me, they get taken care of before me and they get better care than most of the pets that have owners with tons of money and I will not be in this position much longer, believe me!

ok, enough of that, as Cindy said below, IMOM God Bless them and the donor on this site, is working on helping me get them all fixed and I can not afford low cost fixing right now, but the money I get in December from excess school funds is designated first and foremost to fixing every single cat in this house if they are not done through IMOM now or shortly. As you know Chris IMOM helps thousands of people with as much as they can, there are emergencies coming in 24 hours a day that need emergency help and I understand perfectly that they can do only what they can do, I am beyond words for how grateful I am to them for helping me with Sandy and what ever else they help me with regarding spaying is an extra blessing from them and very difficult for them to do, so I am not pushing the issue with fixing everyone. I know they will do what they can.

God Bless Chris!
Randi Sandy's mom

View Postgdane3, on 26 September 2011 - 07:17 PM, said:

Hi Randi,
I know sometimes when I feel I have a bit to much on my plate, it helps me to make a list and then start working on it until it is complete.  Of course, I never seem to get done with the list because I keep adding things!  :-)
If I may suggest:

1)  Locate any and all Low Cost/No Cost Spay/Neuter clinics in your area.  I believe you said you were from TN.  Try this link and see if any of these organizations are near you or your county.  Since you are currently unemployed, you would qualify for ALL help available!    http://www.freewebs....payclinicstnva/    Also, check out this HUGE list of National Organizations that provide help from Spay/Neuter, to Vaccines to Emergency Services...   http://www.humanesoc...ording_pet.html  There is a whole section in TN and you can search services by state.  IMOM is on there   :rolleyes:

2)  See if any of these organizations also offer low cost/no cost Rabies vaccines for animals being spayed/neutered.  Many clinics do, if not for free for a nominal charge.  $5.00   Also ask about the FVRCP vaccine as well which will help prevent some of the upper respiratory diseases as well as distemper.  

3)  Please check the food you are feeding the cats.  Mulitple cats with urinary problems can be from the diet.  Look for a Low Phosphate/Low Magnesium food,  Something that is supplemented with Taurine and provide fresh, clean cool water frequently throughout the day.  Many cats are very finicky about water that is why it needs to be refreshed throughout the day. Cats are not big drinkers but water is the most important element in keeping the urinary tract healthy!  

4)  Once the cats are vaccinated and spayed/neutered and in good health, place a few up for adoption.  Check out www.ebayclassifieds.com under the pet section and you will find an area for rescue pets.  Take a nice picture of each of them and write a brief description, likes, dislikes, cute stuff......and see if you can find a few nice loving indoor homes for them.  This advertising is FREE!  They will be the center of someones world and you will not have so many mouths to feed for the time being.  

You can add to the list too!  This is where I would start.

Chris

Randih

Randih

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
O.K.good morning everyone, now that I am finished running my mouth to everyone individually, I can give an update on Sandy. Sandy is doing great, she is not showing any of the symptoms that she was anymore and she is back to her finicky, sweet self. I am so happy and relieved that she is doing this well and it wasn't what or as bad as I thought it was. God is so good! I am in touch with Kyle at IMOM regarding what ever spaying is going get done or not and I will update everyone on that when I know. Thank you everyone for your concern and prayers for us and I wish that I would have know about this site before I had and emergency, I would have joined just to see if I could help in anyway other than financially. I am definitely going to do everything thing that I can to do my share here on IMOM, I know what it is like to not be able to help one of your babies because you have no money, it is the worst feeling in the world I believe and my heart aches for everyone that is in that position and I definitely want everyone to know that I am available if anyone in Tennessee needs a hand, outside of financial situations right now, I would be glad to lend a physical hand if needed in between my school work and so on, and everyone outside of Tennessee, if anyone needs an ear or what ever else I can do aside of financially, please feel free to drop me an email. I am excellent at listening and maybe suggesting an idea or two with different things.

God Bless everyone have a great day!
Sandy's Mom, Randi

Kim

Kim

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,765 posts

View PostRandih, on 28 September 2011 - 10:42 AM, said:

as long as we don't run into any more emergencies, we will be fine.
Randi, don't write me back a long-winded post.  Just step back and try to hear yourself.  The more animals you have, the more likely it is that emergencies will arise.  

Believe me, they get taken care of before me and they get better care than most of the pets that have owners with tons of money
You've already lost a cat who shouldn't have died, because you couldn't afford vet care for her, and Sandy might have been next if it weren't for IMOM.  I'm not criticizing your financial situation - just wish you'd stop putting your head in the sand about being able to care for all these animals, some of whom haven't had the most basic vet care.  I know the difficulty of finding good adoptive homes - believe me.  But if you have the opportunity to adopt out more cats, I hope you'll do it.  And if the cats have been vetted, you can charge an adoption fee, which helps weed out people who want a freebie and will never provide vet care.

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts
Randi,  There's isn't an organization out there I'd trust more than IMOM to do everything they can to help.

I know your arrangements with the humane society fell through, but I happened to notice a contestant in IMOM's calendar contest- Wally's Friends, who are located in Tennessee.  I don't know if their area of coverage is anywhere near you, but perhaps they can lend a hand as well, if the number of cats you are trying to help has grown to overwhelming numbers.  

Also wondering if the dogs in your household are spayed or neutered?  

Paula
HELP JUST ONE

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,884 posts
Paula,

Wally's is in SE Tn and she's closer to Nashville.  But we're going to talk to the HS and see if there's something we can work out for her.  It can't hurt to try.  

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Cindy/IMOM

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Vice President
  • 1,884 posts
We have good news!  Our Melissa called over 17 places near Randi to find a vet who would work with us and give a discount, and it appears she did it!  We won't have specifics till next week but it looks like we may be able to get all the kitters fixed if we can raise the funds.  There are 9, I think, to be done now and the new litter will be ready in Dec.  

It turns out that another cat of Randi's was the one with the infection, so we had him seen today and he's on meds now and is already doing better.

Stay tuned for updates!  And HUGE kudos for Melissa for taking the initiative on this. She wasn't even the caseworker but she offered to help and kicked butt.  She is a true asset to IMOM and we are very grateful to have her.  :aktion033:

Cindy/IMOM
Cindy/IMOM

Chris 1

Chris 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 874 posts
Melissa, you are up for sainthood!  Cindy, thank you for staying on top of this.   :aktion033:       So, the cat Sandy that was examined and had bloodwork done was not even the cat with the problem urinating?    :glare:   Glad the sick one finally got treated!

Chris

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts
Melissa, you amaze me every day!  With you in their corner, how can they lose?

And Mr. or Ms. Veterinarian - THANK YOU! :cool026:

Edited by CatPaws, 30 September 2011 - 05:14 PM.

HELP JUST ONE

Kyle imom

Kyle imom

Certified IMOMer!

• IMOM Board of Directors
  • 372 posts
Time for an update on Sandy and Mischief. You all know that Melissa is working on spay/neuter, so I won't go into that.

After Sandy was seen by the vet to rule out kidney failure, and was diagnosed with a urinary infection, blood was noted in the urine of a second cat, Mischief. I spoke with their veterinarian and arranged for IMOM to make an office visit possible for Mischief.

Mischief was also diagnosed with UTI, and is now on antibiotics. She's on the path to recovery.

Thanks go out to the vet for working with IMOM to limit costs and get these kitties in right away.

And thanks as always to everyone who donates to the General Fund, making it possible for us to respond to urgent need.
Posted Image

IMOM's ability to make immediate emergency donations to pets in crisis depends on donations to our General Fund. Please click here to help. Thank you!

CatPaws

CatPaws

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

View PostKyle imom, on 30 September 2011 - 10:14 PM, said:

Time for an update on Sandy and Mischief. You all know that Melissa is working on spay/neuter, so I won't go into that.

After Sandy was seen by the vet to rule out kidney failure, and was diagnosed with a urinary infection, blood was noted in the urine of a second cat, Mischief. I spoke with their veterinarian and arranged for IMOM to make an office visit possible for Mischief.

Mischief was also diagnosed with UTI, and is now on antibiotics. She's on the path to recovery.

Thanks go out to the vet for working with IMOM to limit costs and get these kitties in right away.

And thanks as always to everyone who donates to the General Fund, making it possible for us to respond to urgent need.

Hey Kyle,

Thank you for your efforts too for getting Mischief in for her diagnosis and treatment.  What a team the IMOM volunteers are in helping this pride from the Volunteer State of TN.   No doubt about it- you all, y'all, youns, are the very best.
HELP JUST ONE

Randih

Randih

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi everyone, Randi here, Sandy and Mischief's Mom,

I am so sorry that I haven't posted in a couple of days, I had to wait for Kyle to decide about posting about Mischief and in the interim I got really sick myself and I am in miserable shape right now,I NEVER stay in or go back to bed ever, so you know that I'm pretty sick.  I am going back tot bed after this update, so if anyone posts and I don't respond today, you know why.
Let me start off with, both Sandy and Mischief are a million times better, GOD BLESS IMOM and all of the general donors here at the IMOM community, I am just amazed at the love and caring that takes place here, I absolutely know a million percent that everyone that is part of the board and all of the donors here are sent from God for sure! I don't know what I would have done without all of them, KYLE is a Saint and so is MELISSA!  
I know that Kyle posted an update about both of my little girls and also about that absolutely amazing woman, Melissa. Melissa went out of her way, she wasn't even my caseworker and she went to bat for me and ALL of my wonderful little babies and IMOM is (I still can't believe it! I am in awe!) gathering the funds and helping me to have everyone of my cats and kittens spade and neutered for me! In return, the last of the kittens that will be born to this family came last evening so we have 3 brand new little babies and they will be spade and/or neutered depending on their sex at eight weeks old by me at the end of December just after the excess money from my student grants and loans comes through. That is my agreement and my promise to Melissa and IMOM for doing this absolutely awesome deed and helping me get every other cat in my house fixed. I will have them done through the program by the Humane Society or possibly the same vet that is doing my babies for IMOM now, it depends on the cost.

I thank all of you for your prayers and support and concern for my babies, we are more than grateful to all of you out there that cared enough to read and ask questions and voice your opinions and concerns and love for my little angels. I know that for those of you that read my "about me" there were some questions about some of the things that I said and some confusion, which was my fault for being so scattered when I write and I am upset or stressed at the same time, I was unclear about some things and I apologize. Let me just touch on something very quickly, I am definitely planning on opening my own rescue/shelter hopefully in the next year or so, I have no intention on doing so until I own my own home with plenty of land so that it can all be done 100% properly, the right way and with everything that needs to be done and in place, ready, planned out and in place. I just wanted to mention that I was opening my own rescue/shelter because I wanted everyone to know how strongly I feel about the issues going on in not only my state, but every state, and all over the world and the need that we have for everyone to be aware of the needs of all of the babies that are suffering, in need of a home, love medical care, and most of all the importance for every human being to help fix what we have let go terribly wrong for these helpless animals out there. I am hoping that by by mentioning what I did that maybe I could get some positive suggestions, references and some support when I am ready to go forward with my project. I know very well what needs to be in place in order for this project to be done the proper way and believe me, if everything that needs to be in place, is not in place then it will wait until it all is in place and not before, so to all of you that were concerned, no worries, I am very eager to make this project happen, but I am no fool, I will not put any animal in worse position than they were in the first place because I rushed into something that I wasn't ready for.

Anyway, like I said, I am feeling pretty lousy, so I am going to get off of here and head to bed for now. God bless IMOM and all of the donors again for EVERYTHING and also again thank you everyone else for your love and prayers for my babies. I know that because of all of IMOM's help and love that all of my babies and I will be just fine after everyone gets fixed, and now that Sandy and Mischief are much better and will be fine. I never imagined that I would receive a blessing of this magnitude from IMOM and it has truly made me a believer in people again. No words could ever be enough and no thanks could ever be enough to express my gratitude, respect and admiration to IMOM for all that they have done and are doing for us! What a truly amazing group here at IMOM! GOD BLESS every single one of you all!

Randi Hedges-Sandy, Mischief, Becky, Punkin, Frisky, Tigger and the 4-4 week old babies-Bubbles, Velvet, Ebony,and Luna and the3- 1 day old last bunch ever to be born to the Hedges Family!

Melissa 1

Melissa 1

Certified IMOMer!

• Members
  • 1,217 posts
I will be sure to update everyone on here too about the S/N of all these kitties, as soon as I have a solid go from the vet we hope to work with. If it doesn't work out, it's ok, I have backups :)   But I just wanted to let everyone know I am still working on this for Randi!

Melissa/IMOM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users